Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,583 members, 7,809,113 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:36 PM

Where Is God And Juju (vodoo) When It Really Matters? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Where Is God And Juju (vodoo) When It Really Matters? (4428 Views)

Bible Parable And Sermon: The Prodigal Son and what it really means / It's Only God And Apostle Suleman's Wife That Can Condemn Him / There Is God And He Answers Prayer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Where Is God And Juju (vodoo) When It Really Matters? by ValentineMary(m): 2:36pm On May 17, 2016
gatiano:
I am not saying that I'm wise, that will be extremely stupid of me. Wisdom only come with age of practising a TRUE knowledge.

First of all, Voodoo is not a verbial thing and action that is done. It is a societal construct of some tribes from West-Africa from Togo, Ewe, Fon people etc.

A lot of people in the world have confused reality for what they are shown on television, taught in modern school settings, through gossips etc. Hard ly ever would you see anybody speak from what they have physically experienced with their own eyes (it can also be through dreams, Whatever you dream of is your property).

In the time of Jesus, He performed some great scientific deeds that were termed miracles, people at the time were so ignorant that they considered him the messiah, few disciples made names from Jesus's deeds - People that saw Jesus live, knew what they saw, other after them became believers based on what they've heard of Jesus. Changes occurs as time moves, so most of the teachings of Jesus which were all mathematical and scientific changed overtime into beliefs and dogma (It was on purpose to control).

In the time of Moses, The cavemen trapped within the walls of europe could not come out into civillization, they were on the same level with the animal (scientific neanderthal). These beings called only see what they aspire to be far away from there caves, and as much as they admired and aspired, they knew they could never be, but then, Moses came along, taught them how to behave and organise (in a mathematical and scientific manner). They saw him as a messiah, Only those close within the circle knew, other got their from hearsay. What Moses taught them changed over time and it became a piece of garbage called judeism. Now they turned the story upside down. Instead of the true story of an exodus from european into Africa, what we know of is the exodus from Africa into another part of Africat that we ignorantly accept as middle-east.

In the time of Muhammad, He met a Man with a great knowledge and wisdom, His name was Jibril, Sent by His Elder Brother Yakub/Yahweh, Jibril taught Muhammad science, mathematics, clean way of life, some astronomy etc. Muhammad began to teach his people, He told them Allah taught (Truthfully so), Allah and Yahweh is the same person, A Man. The people respected Muhammad for his knowledge gained and Allah who taught it to him. With time yet again, It changed into beliefs...

In the modern times, starting from centuries ago, group of men, took the religious doctrines of the previous teachings (Judiesm, Islam, Christianity) and went rampage with it killing over 500,000,000 to 600,000,000 people. They enforced the dogmatic doctrines on the people across the world, and turned these people into abject servitude and fear. Years later they began to infuse the scientific ideas they got from Moses, Jesus, Muhammad and several others into the schools, they dropped out the originators of the scientific ideas, and put their names in place of them. This is good, if only the sciences were true. The sciences taught around in world and especially in Africa is a lie and can't cause a growth. Yet again, some people believe in the science dogma- this people are called atheists. They are just as religious as the rest before them.

There is something u have to understand. Science is not a dogma. Science is not static unlike religious beliefs that whenever science discovers something new, they go back to their holy book and say that God ment it figuratively. I don't believe in science like a dogma, I believe it to be the solution of most humans problem and when misused, could be detrimental. I understand science as making honest study about d environment and what we observe I know this because I am a scientist who practice science. I don't need faith to believe my observations and deductions, I only need common sense. If religion was so obvious, why do I need faith to believe it

I agree with ur first part though. Voodoo is just tricks played on ignorant minds.

1 Like

Re: Where Is God And Juju (vodoo) When It Really Matters? by gatiano(m): 3:13pm On May 17, 2016
Truthfully so Brother, Science is not static, Because when something becomes static, then that is its end. There two types of Science-
1) True science, which infact is not called science,rather it is called Mathematics. It can be proven at any given time, It is clearly seen by those who really want to see it and those who can see it. Not everybody can see all clearly even if they want to (Black person can see everything there is to see, if only he or she wants to and better have the zeal and love to see it). This kind of science as I have always said, Does not have a name attached to it as an author, It however has a source, Yet they call it rediscovery.

2) Ego/false science, It is a science that assume that only a few are capable of it, it is besically in form of theorem or theories, yet spoken in such a way that it is final, with it are always attached names like newton, alchimedes (we are so foolish with this one, for the word simply comes from alchemy/al-kemet/chemistry) which would imply that this scientist might not have existed. And finally, what ever thing that is found, they say they discovered instead of rediscovery.
That is why a lot of the scientific facts keep changing and changing until it becomes a device of control.

Whoever egoistical supposedly discovered something becomes a leader which must be respected. Now what do you call that?
In the future fiction of the modern man, not only would newton, einstein, boyles shakespear be worshipped with graven images, iron man, superman, batman, too would be as well. In whose face or image? You guess is as good as mine. But that won't happen, not because the modern man won't do that, It is because My people who never slept like the rest of us, won't let it happen.

Faith is within the construct of belief system, If you know the knowledge and understand how to operate the knowledge, then it is no longer faith. Faith is not bad. I have faith that My Father won't kill me for satisfaction of his desire.
As christians have faith in the teachings of Jesus....
So are atheists have faith in the postulations of hawkings, einstein etc without them seeing the prove( worship of gods), This is what the non-blacks especially caucasians have worked for deceitfully for 4000 years, yet they will and can never reach the state of satisfaction, grace, perfection or completion.

Atheism is a religion based up of prestige, Black people love the latest thing, Atheism is the latest thing in the block, it would pass, I have been one myself.

The argument has never been whether God exist or not, The recent arguement of the existence of God is an old war, more than 2000 years old "Is God a Man or a Spirit" (The incorporeality of God)- This was a nice argument.
The recent one is a rather more going in round in one place. "is god a spirit who exist" or "is god a man which or not can't be" or "god and spirit both don't exist or either of them exist or both don't" . What then is a Spirit? what about the soul?

The great question we must and should ask ourselves begins with "WHO AM I"?

ValentineMary:

There is something u have to understand. Science is not a dogma. Science is not static unlike religious beliefs that whenever science discovers something new, they go back to their holy book and say that God ment it figuratively. I don't believe in science like a dogma, I believe it to be the solution of most humans problem and when misused, could be detrimental. I understand science as making honest study about d environment and what we observe I know this because I am a scientist who practice science. I don't need faith to believe my observations and deductions, I only need common sense. If religion was so obvious, why do I need faith to believe it

I agree with ur first part though. Voodoo is just tricks played on ignorant minds.
Re: Where Is God And Juju (vodoo) When It Really Matters? by Chazzyboy: 3:41pm On May 17, 2016
neocortex:

Now I see, you look at nature and because you don't know how it
came about you then conclude it must be an imaginary god that made it.

So anything you don't understand must be god ?
I know nature is beyond human comprehension
Re: Where Is God And Juju (vodoo) When It Really Matters? by ValentineMary(m): 4:45pm On May 17, 2016
gatiano:
Truthfully so Brother, Science is not static, Because when something becomes static, then that is its end. There two types of Science-
1) True science, which infact is not called science,rather it is called Mathematics. It can be proven at any given time, It is clearly seen by those who really want to see it and those who can see it. Not everybody can see all clearly even if they want to (Black person can see everything there is to see, if only he or she wants to and better have the zeal and love to see it). This kind of science as I have always said, Does not have a name attached to it as an author, It however has a source, Yet they call it rediscovery.

2) Ego/false science, It is a science that assume that only a few are capable of it, it is besically in form of theorem or theories, yet spoken in such a way that it is final, with it are always attached names like newton, alchimedes (we are so foolish with this one, for the word simply comes from alchemy/al-kemet/chemistry) which would imply that this scientist might not have existed. And finally, what ever thing that is found, they say they discovered instead of rediscovery.
That is why a lot of the scientific facts keep changing and changing until it becomes a device of control.

Whoever egoistical supposedly discovered something becomes a leader which must be respected. Now what do you call that?
In the future fiction of the modern man, not only would newton, einstein, boyles shakespear be worshipped with graven images, iron man, superman, batman, too would be as well. In whose face or image? You guess is as good as mine. But that won't happen, not because the modern man won't do that, It is because My people who never slept like the rest of us, won't let it happen.

Faith is within the construct of belief system, If you know the knowledge and understand how to operate the knowledge, then it is no longer faith. Faith is not bad. I have faith that My Father won't kill me for satisfaction of his desire.
As christians have faith in the teachings of Jesus....
So are atheists have faith in the postulations of hawkings, einstein etc without them seeing the prove( worship of gods), This is what the non-blacks especially caucasians have worked for deceitfully for 4000 years, yet they will and can never reach the state of satisfaction, grace, perfection or completion.

Atheism is a religion based up of prestige, Black people love the latest thing, Atheism is the latest thing in the block, it would pass, I have been one myself.

The argument has never been whether God exist or not, The recent arguement of the existence of God is an old war, more than 2000 years old "Is God a Man or a Spirit" (The incorporeality of God)- This was a nice argument.
The recent one is a rather more going in round in one place. "is god a spirit who exist" or "is god a man which or not can't be" or "god and spirit both don't exist or either of them exist or both don't" . What then is a Spirit? what about the soul?

The great question we must and should ask ourselves begins with "WHO AM I"?

The text in bold is laughable. Do u know that Einstein dispute Newton's law on gravity Do u know that Bohr dispute Einstein explanation on quantum entanglement? so these stuffs are futher worked on science is open to change and new discovery. Science does not put any religion which it is trying to disprove when it discovers something. Ego science is something u just made up in ur head and forced urself to believe it.

To say atheism is a religion means u don't even know what atheism means. It is a stand point, with no guiding rules. eg some atheist believe in UFO's, some believe in spirits, etc. There are no code of conducts for atheist. So it does not fall under d description of religion. Get a dictionary bro.

Having faith is immaterial to the real world. Because u have faith in an imaginary thing does not mean u are right. It only means u believe in absurd things and that u can believe anything without proof.

1 Like

Re: Where Is God And Juju (vodoo) When It Really Matters? by gatiano(m): 6:24pm On May 17, 2016
By all means, Atheism is a religion in all of its aspect. It was created just like all other "isms". Just like christians and muslims like to quote their prophets (Bible or Quran), so are the Atheists, They love to quote theirs from their various books and in most cases, word for word. So the dictionary may define however it words however ways it wishes. Who is the author of the said dictionary?

Why should newton claim his (re)discovery is the final arbiter of truth? Why should einstein have to come to dispute newton's fact and perhaps claimed his (re)discovery as the final truth, only for bohr to show up to dispute einstein. How long would one have to do that and keep disputing?
Is that what we should term as scientific growth? I guess that is the reason why aeroplanes crash, and why medications do more harms than the diseases itself.

The only Atheists who I have come across are the Indigenous People of the world, Mostly Africans.
Now, one thing constant in this cycle of 6000 years is "decay" , Just as the scientific teachings of Moses, Buddha, Jesus, Muhammad, Jonah turned into dogmas, it was the same with the African Traditions, it also got infected. However, Some were intended to hide the truth from the imperfect beings, and some really believe the stories for reality, Much like everybody else.

African Traditions is entirely and solely based on mathematics, history and a whole lot of subject yet unknown to the greatest modern scientist. A good example is-
- something that I just made up in my head; What about what I believe comes from someone else, newton for example, didn't his idea just bump up into his head? Who should I now believe? what I saw with my own eyes or what newton saw with his?

When things bump up in your head, We celebrate it in African Tradition, They would de-entangle the quantum structure of your mind, They would enlarge that your thought so big that all its constituents will be clearly visible to the examiners.
Then they would ask all the right questions? which are extremely long, brother, very long.
This is called Science of Inspiration. Where does inspiration comes from? in how many ways can it come? African Traditions don't or never speculates, so that they would have to improve.

UFO, it is unidentified to everybody would subscribe themselves to modern egoistical doctrines or believe.
It is an Idenfied flying object to all tribes across Africa and they all have a name for them, They know its dimension, speed, ability, how many there are, its weapon systems etc.

To Africans within this school of thoughts, GOD IS SIMPLY I/ME. I HAVE ELDER GODS WHO ARE OLDER TO ME, THE ELDEST IS WHO IS CALLED "THE MOST HIGH" Who is very much alive in the physical and the best knower and wisest because of His/Her age.

ValentineMary:

The text in bold is laughable. Do u know that Einstein dispute Newton's law on gravity Do u know that Bohr dispute Einstein explanation on quantum entanglement? so these stuffs are futher worked on science is open to change and new discovery. Science does not put any religion which it is trying to disprove when it discovers something. Ego science is something u just made up in ur head and forced urself to believe it.

To say atheism is a religion means u don't even know what atheism means. It is a stand point, with no guiding rules. eg some atheist believe in UFO's, some believe in spirits, etc. There are no code of conducts for atheist. So it does not fall under d description of religion. Get a dictionary bro.

Having faith is immaterial to the real world. Because u have faith in an imaginary thing does not mean u are right. It only means u believe in absurd things and that u can believe anything without proof.
Re: Where Is God And Juju (vodoo) When It Really Matters? by ValentineMary(m): 6:29pm On May 17, 2016
gatiano:
By all means, Atheism is a religion in all of its aspect. It was created just like all other "isms". Just like christians and muslims like to quote their prophets (Bible or Quran), so are the Atheists, They love to quote theirs from their various books and in most cases, word for word. So the dictionary may define however it words however ways it wishes. Who is the author of the said dictionary?

Why should newton claim his (re)discovery is the final arbiter of truth? Why should einstein have to come to dispute newton's fact and perhaps claimed his (re)discovery as the final truth, only for bohr to show up to dispute einstein. How long would one have to do that and keep disputing?
Is that what we should term as scientific growth? I guess that is the reason why aeroplanes crash, and why medications do more harms than the diseases itself.

The only Atheists who I have come across are the Indigenous People of the world, Mostly Africans.
Now, one thing constant in this cycle of 6000 years is "decay" , Just as the scientific teachings of Moses, Buddha, Jesus, Muhammad, Jonah turned into dogmas, it was the same with the African Traditions, it also got infected. However, Some were intended to hide the truth from the imperfect beings, and some really believe the stories for reality, Much like everybody else.

African Traditions is entirely and solely based on mathematics, history and a whole lot of subject yet unknown to the greatest modern scientist. A good example is-
- something that I just made up in my head; What about what I believe comes from someone else, newton for example, didn't his idea just bump up into his head? Who should I now believe? what I saw with my own eyes or what newton saw with his?

When things bump up in your head, We celebrate it in African Tradition, They would de-entangle the quantum structure of your mind, They would enlarge that your thought so big that all its constituents will be clearly visible to the examiners.
Then they would ask all the right questions? which are extremely long, brother, very long.
This is called Science of Inspiration. Where does inspiration comes from? in how many ways can it come? African Traditions don't or never speculates, so that they would have to improve.

UFO, it is unidentified to everybody would subscribe themselves to modern egoistical doctrines or believe.
It is an Idenfied flying object to all tribes across Africa and they all have a name for them, They know its dimension, speed, ability, how many there are, its weapon systems etc.

To Africans within this school of thoughts, GOD IS SIMPLY I/ME. I HAVE ELDER GODS WHO ARE OLDER TO ME, THE ELDEST IS WHO IS CALLED "THE MOST HIGH" Who is very much alive in the physical and the best knower and wisest because of His/Her age.

This argument is obviously going nowhere. Have a nice day
Re: Where Is God And Juju (vodoo) When It Really Matters? by ValentineMary(m): 6:31pm On May 17, 2016
gatiano:

This argument is obviously going nowhere. Have a nice day because I would just keep trying to counter d points u raise and u would also try to do same without coming to a logical conclusion
Re: Where Is God And Juju (vodoo) When It Really Matters? by gatiano(m): 6:47pm On May 17, 2016
Society was introduced into human settings so that through interactions, Minds would expanded.
Who gives a ffuuck about whether exist or not, and what belief system anybody subscribes to?

The only question that exist in reality is- WHO ARE YOU? WHO AM I? And through the nature of entanglement, Everything would fall in place. It only takes time.

ValentineMary:

This argument is obviously going nowhere. Have a nice day because I would just keep trying to counter d points u raise and u would also try to do same without coming to a logical conclusion
Re: Where Is God And Juju (vodoo) When It Really Matters? by ValentineMary(m): 6:59pm On May 17, 2016
gatiano:
Society was introduced into human settings so that through interactions, Minds would expanded.
Who gives a ffuuck about whether exist or not, and what belief system anybody subscribes to?

The only question that exist in reality is- WHO ARE YOU? WHO AM I? And through the nature of entanglement, Everything would fall in place. It only takes time.

The qus WHO AM I? emanates from the idea that we were made for a purpose which I don't subscribe to. We are protons, neutrons, electrons, leptons, etc in a particular configuration. We decide who we become and NOBODY or DEITY can decide that for u.
Re: Where Is God And Juju (vodoo) When It Really Matters? by gatiano(m): 7:17pm On May 17, 2016
A lot of us decide, infact all of us decide what we want to become, how has that pan out? Rather what is necessary or be that who produces what my society needs. Individual growth is a forgery, self deception which stems from the worship of a god called greed.

Truely, I am composed of atoms, but how do you know, and can you explain it based on your view, or is it based on another person's view?

I/ME is the totality of my experiences. My needs, desires, dreams, emotions, thoughts, interactions (which has now include you, I have learnt something from you, it had expanded my mind...), What I have seen, touched, smelts, heard, taste etc. It would encompass mathematics, physics, chemistry, geography, food and diet, anatomy, physiology, philosophy, psychology, linguistic, astrology, astronomy and a whole lot more you won't be able to name as of yet.
This is quantum entanglement called LIFE.

The moment we began to accept the european ways of thoughts, either through religion or not, that was when our fall as a people of Africa began. It is save to let all know that so long as we subscribe to these ridiculous ideas of the modern people, WE WILL NEVER MAKE IT (Well, we would be flushed out like waste alongside them and another reality would replace us). 100%

ValentineMary:

The qus WHO AM I? emanates from the idea that we were made for a purpose which I don't subscribe to. We are protons, neutrons, electrons, leptons, etc in a particular configuration. We decide who we become and NOBODY or DEITY can decide that for u.
Re: Where Is God And Juju (vodoo) When It Really Matters? by gatiano(m): 11:42pm On May 17, 2016
Spirituality.

The differences between Spiritual Traditional Religion and Tradititonal Religion are important and significant. The main differences between Spiritual Traditional Religion and Traditional Religion are; that Spiritual Traditional Religion indicates the practice, connection and initiation with the Universal Forces i.e. The Cosmos, The Nature, The Ancestors and also to manifest the Force's and the knowledge of the Universe. Spirituality is to manifest these Creative attributes which exist within the Source, therefore to connect with the source relates to an individual being 'in-contact' with these forces invisible and visible.

ln Spiritual practices there are no 'Sacrificial' Human or Animals. There is no shedding of blood to create a connectipon or to achieve the development of Spiritual Evolution.
Only through adherence to Comic Laws = Spiritual Principles, can an individual attain Spiritual growth, it is these values that are 'the way of life' = the corner stone for the student of African Spirituality.

Traditonal Religion.

This is a system of knowledge that has been 'inherited' from generation to generation. This system also relies on the adoration/ideology of leaders which may include idols, sacrifice and may not necassarily be in connection with the Universal Forces. Custom heritage can be customs that used without knowing their origins, this can be a dis-advantage to inhabitants of a country simply because they are not aware that they are following a tradition that became fashionable due to colonialism for example. Sorcery was never indigenous to Katiopa, but brought to the land with the Missionaries and colonisators. This was later adopted has the indigenous Spiritual system were outlawed and the colonial Religion imposed on the people.After time the names of European dieties and their blood sacrifices were mixed with older idea's of that country..

Religion.
Religion, as we know it indicates a following, gloryfication and adoring of an individual or system of mind control that is meant to be a mediator between an individual and the source, The Divine Forces, within and without, invisible and visible. These methods are employed to stop or retard the spiritual advancement of all people.
Today Religion is used to manipulate the people of the Earth. Corrupt so-called leaders, lead not by example but through lies they exploit and profit from their un-savoury actions.

From The Bukongo. Katiopa was what Africa was called by the Bukongo.
Re: Where Is God And Juju (vodoo) When It Really Matters? by csamii: 1:17am On May 18, 2016
What if our forefathers (early men) had reasoned all these things (origin of man, creation of the universe etc.) and were lacking in conclusion and then decided to create God to check mate their failure?
Re: Where Is God And Juju (vodoo) When It Really Matters? by Image123(m): 10:06am On May 18, 2016
HardMirror, the question you have asked in your OP stem from a poor understanding of who God is. God created man autonomous as it were, what they call freewill. He gave man the domain, dominion and knowledge to conquer his world. He seldom interferes, in fact His interferences are what we call MIRACLES. His interference comes in three main ways, by Sovereignty, by our asking for it, and by His laid down principles followed. That is primarily for our little 70-100yrs here on this cursed earth BTW. He's made plans for those who are interested in living with Him in the afterlife and those uninterested. That one sure pass, that's WHERE GOD IS, saving sinners,forgiving the penitent, giving righteousness and transforming lives. This is the PRIMARY purpose He sent His Son and gave His life. It is unfortunate that what we refer to as the "prosperity gospel" has given many a sick and disabled view of God.
Re: Where Is God And Juju (vodoo) When It Really Matters? by HardMirror(m): 10:20am On May 18, 2016
Image123:
HardMirror, the question you have asked in your OP stem from a poor understanding of who God is. God created man autonomous as it were, what they call freewill. He gave man the domain, dominion and knowledge to conquer his world. He seldom interferes, in fact His interferences are what we call MIRACLES. His interference comes in three main ways, by Sovereignty, by our asking for it, and by His laid down principles followed. That is primarily for our little 70-100yrs here on this cursed earth BTW. He's made plans for those who are interested in living with Him in the afterlife and those uninterested. That one sure pass, that's WHERE GOD IS, saving sinners,forgiving the penitent, giving righteousness and transforming lives. This is the PRIMARY purpose He sent His Son and gave His life. It is unfortunate that what we refer to as the "prosperity gospel" has given many a sick and disabled view of God.
Obvious you don't read the bible or you chose to avoid the aspects of miracles and promises of miracle. Yout prefer the ambiguous portions that relaxes any expectations that would lead to embarrassment for ur believe.
We can keep going in circles on this.
All I know is, "Your God does not matter where it matters"
Shikena
Re: Where Is God And Juju (vodoo) When It Really Matters? by Image123(m): 10:38am On May 18, 2016
HardMirror:

Obvious you don't read the bible or you chose to avoid the aspects of miracles and promises of miracle. Yout prefer the ambiguous portions that relaxes any expectations that would lead to embarrassment for ur believe.
We can keep going in circles on this.
All I know is, "Your God does not matter where it matters"
Shikena

Lol, you have not understood the Bible. i'm sure when i start quoting Bible now, you'd cuddle under the excuse of 'contradictory'. Bible says to STUDY. You failed to study,just read a couple of verses and promises and started jumping. James and John did similar with their mom, but Jesus said no no no. The experiences in the Bible are also clearly put down for your learning and experience. Stop reminding me of one ITK boy i knew then in secondary school who thought he knew it all when he knew and had nothing.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Is Favour? / A Demon Spoted At The Top Of A Church In Italy(with Video) / Should Efcc Probe Churches?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.