Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,938 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:28 AM

Is There Any Sin God Can't Forgive? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is There Any Sin God Can't Forgive? (16913 Views)

Stephanie Otobo's Mother Begging Apostle Suleman To Forgive Her Daughter (Video) / Stephanie Otobo's Mother Begs Apostle Suleman: "Please Forgive My Daughter" / Is There Any Sin In Naming A Child Jesus ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is There Any Sin God Can't Forgive? by tete7000(m): 4:12pm On May 15, 2016
onosprince:
God cant forgive the act of using vaseline for masturbation, use soap, that's why its called soapy.

This is the kind of sin God might not be able to forgive. Wilfully continuing in sin despite pleas of repentance.
Re: Is There Any Sin God Can't Forgive? by flamingREED(m): 4:31pm On May 15, 2016
There's no sin that can't be forgiven.

The reason blasphemy of the Holy Spirit can't be forgiven is because it's only the Holy Spirit that can melt a man's heart, or convict him, or search him, enabling him to see his depravity in order to cry out to God.

Apostates get to the level where the Spirit thinks he no longer might be of help to them, and so stops bothering them.

If there are atheists that still feel guilty about the opinion they hold about God, it's because the Spirit hasn't given up on them.

But if they persist, He might shun them.

Many Christians grieve the Holy Ghost till today, yet He convicts them and help them to shun their *unsaintly ways.
Re: Is There Any Sin God Can't Forgive? by buskie13(m): 4:37pm On May 15, 2016
AngelAhnie:
You are derailing Mr grin
lol..op is not complaining na cheesy pls ff back..we
Re: Is There Any Sin God Can't Forgive? by AngelAhnie(f): 4:41pm On May 15, 2016
buskie13:
lol..op is not complaining na cheesy pls ff back..we
I am complaining, OK

1 Like

Re: Is There Any Sin God Can't Forgive? by flamingREED(m): 4:42pm On May 15, 2016
PatrioticDom:
Yes God can not forgive suicide because there is no second chance in grave... For a sin to be forgiven one has to be a life to receive forgiveness
Yea.

Suicide is an example of sin unto death, it's just like a robber who dies on a shoot out with the police.

Certain sins that give one no moments to rethink, repent and renounce their errors fall under the category.

They can't be forgiven because they lacked opportunity to repent, sadly. cry
Re: Is There Any Sin God Can't Forgive? by bimbo2k10: 4:55pm On May 15, 2016
The only sin that has no forgiveness is sin to the Holy spirit. And how do u sin to the Holy spirit? That's when u don't accept Jesus christ as ur Lord and savior. Good xtians should ask good pastors. #gbam# truth##
Re: Is There Any Sin God Can't Forgive? by stepo707: 5:05pm On May 15, 2016
Amberon:
really? I used to think I could mistakenly sin against the holy spirit.
That's if you get to that stage

1 Like

Re: Is There Any Sin God Can't Forgive? by stepo707: 5:05pm On May 15, 2016
bimbo2k10:
The only sin that has no forgiveness is sin to the Holy spirit. And how do u sin to the Holy spirit? That's when u don't accept Jesus christ as ur Lord and savior. Good xtians should ask good pastors. #gbam# truth##

Wrong
Re: Is There Any Sin God Can't Forgive? by DedeNkem: 5:05pm On May 15, 2016
englishmart:
some people say if you sin against the holy spirit, you will never be forgiven.
Does it mean that if you blaspheme against the holy spirit, your case is judged already? ( automatically you're going to hell)

Fairytale!!

How people could believe in an invisible god in the sky without any proof whatsoever of its existence, is beyond me!

How people believe in an ancient book written by illiterate desert goat herders, is unbelievably very dumb. Religious books are man-made nonsense!
Re: Is There Any Sin God Can't Forgive? by Malc(m): 5:07pm On May 15, 2016
know it now and know it forever!
sin doesn't take anyone to hell, unbelief does...He said: those who believe in me will be saved...it didn't say those that repent and believe in me.
a word is enough.
want to know more about SALVATION, follow Olusegun onayinka on Facebook, you will get to see that once saved is forever save.
Re: Is There Any Sin God Can't Forgive? by stepo707: 5:13pm On May 15, 2016
2best:
What does blaspheme against the Holy Ghost really means.
To give an example, imagine a man like kumuyi to turn around and say he was fooling around all this while and starts fighting the work of God openly, such a person has committed a sin against the holy ghost and cannot be pardoned because of his position and level he has gotten to.
Re: Is There Any Sin God Can't Forgive? by chiefmidwife: 5:52pm On May 15, 2016
Hebrews 10v26..any sin you know and deliberately commit after you have accepted the spirit of the truth..
Just read the passage
Re: Is There Any Sin God Can't Forgive? by pablitho: 5:55pm On May 15, 2016
englishmart:
Does it mean that if you blaspheme against the holy spirit, your case is judged already? ( automatically you're going to hell)
Fighting against removal of subsidy as done by APC in the past
Re: Is There Any Sin God Can't Forgive? by Jobig(m): 6:28pm On May 15, 2016
Sin against holy spirit
Re: Is There Any Sin God Can't Forgive? by Nobody: 6:35pm On May 15, 2016
AroOkigbo:
Romans 6:1-2
What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound? God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?

Meaning ¿
Re: Is There Any Sin God Can't Forgive? by ollypapi(m): 6:53pm On May 15, 2016
onosprince:
God cant forgive the act of using vaseline for masturbation, use soap, that's why its called soapy.
you just committing sin God can't forgive..where in your Bible God tells u to do soapy
you need to give your life to Christ or else u will burn in hell Ok
Re: Is There Any Sin God Can't Forgive? by ehinmowo: 8:25pm On May 15, 2016
there is no sin God cannot forgive to an unbeliever. However, if a Christian who has known the workings of God and the power of the Holy spirit, publicly apostasize or blaspheme against the Holy spirit, he will not be forgiven.

However, he is God by himself (almighty), if he chose to make exception, who can ask him y?
Re: Is There Any Sin God Can't Forgive? by Bishops10(m): 8:46pm On May 15, 2016
Vilicious:
are you a law student?
No,An Engineering student sir.
Re: Is There Any Sin God Can't Forgive? by englishmart(m): 8:48pm On May 15, 2016
Flashh:
When you're a mod on Nairaland, and you believe you can ban people just because you have the access to hit the ban button.

God can't forgive you for that, because its a challenge to his authority.
lol. mad man

1 Like

Re: Is There Any Sin God Can't Forgive? by englishmart(m): 8:55pm On May 15, 2016
Decker:

It's a very sensitive issue and I had to express how I felt about it. I have even been wanting to create a thread about it and when I saw that opportunity, I lashed at it.

No, I am not a preacher.
damn it mehn. I was only kidding. I've got much younger friends which I joke and chat with. If your sense of humour was intact, you wouldn't read any serious meaning to a joke

1 Like

Re: Is There Any Sin God Can't Forgive? by Nobody: 9:22pm On May 15, 2016
The sin against the Holy Spirit can not be forgiven, the scripture says so. Those who learn the art of speaking unknown meaningless words claiming it's speaking in tongues, I'm sorry for u, u'r simply lying against the Holy Spirit which is a sin against Him. U cant learn speaking in tongues & u cant influence it either, Holy Spirit is the one who gives to anyone He wishes
Re: Is There Any Sin God Can't Forgive? by muhamadnur: 9:24pm On May 15, 2016
englishmart:
associating partner with god SHIRK. Will neva be forgiven.
Re: Is There Any Sin God Can't Forgive? by blackjack21(m): 10:45pm On May 15, 2016
englishmart:

Then Where is the equality in the Trinity?
Re: Is There Any Sin God Can't Forgive? by histemple: 10:53pm On May 15, 2016
Lordave:
If you're a Christian this sin would never be forgiven even unto your last generation.

Blasphemy of the Holy Spirit.

And when exactly is a person's last generation?
Re: Is There Any Sin God Can't Forgive? by mykaboo: 5:34am On May 16, 2016
fart:
Yes. If you knowingly and purposefully turn people away from the truth about God. For example, apostates.

This is not true. The apostle Paul use to turn away and kill followers yet he was saved. Read the Word.
Re: Is There Any Sin God Can't Forgive? by ashjay001(m): 5:36am On May 16, 2016
englishmart:

All sins can be forgiven, na d wages\karma him no dey forget!
Re: Is There Any Sin God Can't Forgive? by paxonel(m): 5:57am On May 16, 2016
englishmart:
What does it mean to sin against the holy spirit?
Re: Is There Any Sin God Can't Forgive? by paxonel(m): 6:13am On May 16, 2016
Alezy:
blasphemy against the holy spirit Jesus said won't be forgiven and Paul said as christians u shouldn't even pray for such people.

It simply means that after receiving Christ, en routed in him, accepting him as ur Lord and saviour, receiving the Holy Spirit and walking with him, you finally turn and say u don't believe in Christ anymore and u walk out of the faith.

Note: this is not backsliding, u can backslide due to certain things but u still believe God is supreme and Christ is the way.

God grant us understanding
You are on point,
You really understand your Bible,
But i want to say that Jesus did not see the statement of the Pharisees saying he uses demon to cast out evil spirit as blasphemy, as Everybody have the right to say whatever they like.
Sin against the holy spirit was the refusal of the Pharisees to believe that he was the Christ.
Therefore, whosoever do not believe has sinned against the holyspirit and will perish and do not have everlasting life John 3:16
So, blasphemy can never be a serious issue to God to the extent of not forgiving.
Everybody are entitled to their words, you can say whatever you like God nor dey vex, but it is when you refuse to obey and do what you are suppose to do (believing in Jesus as the Christ ) that you will have problem with God, at that point you have sinned against the holy spirit
Re: Is There Any Sin God Can't Forgive? by Alezy(m): 8:20am On May 16, 2016
paxonel:

You are on point,
You really understand your Bible,
But i want to say that Jesus did not see the statement of the Pharisees saying he uses demon to cast out evil spirit as blasphemy, as Everybody have the right to say whatever they like.
Sin against the holy spirit was the refusal of the Pharisees to believe that he was the Christ.
Therefore, whosoever do not believe has sinned against the holyspirit and will perish and do not have everlasting life John 3:16
So, blasphemy can never be a serious issue to God to the extent of not forgiving.
Everybody are entitled to their words, you can say whatever you like God nor dey vex, but it is when you refuse to obey and do what you are suppose to do (believing in Jesus as the Christ ) that you will have problem with God, at that point you have sinned against the holy spirit
I get what your Tring to say, but I need to point out some few facts with scriptural backing.

U said if we don't believe in Christ at all that will never be forgiven, well I think if u don't believe in Christ and have never believed, you are not in Christ self, so ur own is out of the picture. This set of people are already condemned. but don't forget it's his will that all might be saved, hence the long rope.

Secondly, it was in matt 12:31-32 that jesus talked about sin of blasphemy and John referred to it in 1 John 5:16-17. The verse 17 states that ALL WICKED ACTIONS ARE SIN BUT NOT EVERY SIN LEADS TO DEATH. The verse that brings the point am trying to make u understand is Heb 6:4-6.

Infact just read HEBREWS 6:4-6. It explains very well those who won't be forgiven. Please read from AMP or NLT as KJV might look very confusing.
Re: Is There Any Sin God Can't Forgive? by Nobody: 11:06am On May 16, 2016
Bishops10:

And I'm crushing on you Bae
effri1 meet my 'crusher' grin
Re: Is There Any Sin God Can't Forgive? by Bishops10(m): 11:27am On May 16, 2016
Berlyn:
effri1 meet my 'crusher' grin
Thought I will be having Only Lala to Battle with..who's effri again?
Re: Is There Any Sin God Can't Forgive? by Nobody: 11:45am On May 16, 2016
Bishops10:

Thought I will be having Only Lala to Battle with..who's effri again?
battle with Lala undecided do u want a lifetime ban? grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Daddy Freeze Reacts To Shina Peller Saving Accident Victim / 20 Commandments Of Muhammad The Founder Of Islam. / Qualities Of A Good Christian Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.