Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,366 members, 7,808,275 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:43 AM

Man at 38 Not Married, Wat Could B Wrong & Should I Continue wit D Relationship? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Man at 38 Not Married, Wat Could B Wrong & Should I Continue wit D Relationship? (4656 Views)

Should I Continue To Wait Or Date Another? / Why Are You Not Married (28+ Men Only)? / Should I Continue With The Relationship? (25+ Only) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man at 38 Not Married, Wat Could B Wrong & Should I Continue wit D Relationship? by MissCheesom: 12:55pm On May 15, 2016
What do you think keeps a man till 38 and he is not yet married?

I'm currently dating a man of 38 before we started dating, he always called, was eager to see me and always bugging me.. Told me he wants a serious relationship with me cos he wants to settle down

He said he has been in relationships with different ladies and all the breakups were the fault of the females,that they were all cheats, his last lady broke up with him cos his refusal to kiss & sex her cos dey had an agreement of no sex before marriage.

We also made same agreement yet he has been wanting to kiss/touch me and I've been refusing, this is the same man that said his ex broke up with him cos he refused kissing her..

I also noticed he is not straight forward and always gives excuses, he cancels appointments at late hour without calling to even tell me, gives silly reasons, and he doesn't pick some calls in my presence..

1 Like

Re: Man at 38 Not Married, Wat Could B Wrong & Should I Continue wit D Relationship? by talk2alabama: 12:56pm On May 15, 2016
Cowardice...

Impotency

Irresponsibility

2 Likes

Re: Man at 38 Not Married, Wat Could B Wrong & Should I Continue wit D Relationship? by Nobody: 12:58pm On May 15, 2016
to me, i think it's self decision. Though the poster above me got some fact.

1 Like

Re: Man at 38 Not Married, Wat Could B Wrong & Should I Continue wit D Relationship? by Olasco93: 1:44pm On May 15, 2016
Marriage is a thing of Choice and Preference. There was/is no specific Age or RIPE AGE to get married. We tend to learn those odd and unnecessary verses from the society and we forget that the society is best in detecting Faults/Problems, and fail to provide solutions...

10 Likes

Re: Man at 38 Not Married, Wat Could B Wrong & Should I Continue wit D Relationship? by MissCheesom: 1:48pm On May 15, 2016
talk2alabama:
Cowardice...

Impotency

Irresponsibility

I don't really understand the Cowardice

Impotency.... He talks about kids a lot

A friend of mine said it's because he is a womanizer

1 Like

Re: Man at 38 Not Married, Wat Could B Wrong & Should I Continue wit D Relationship? by talk2alabama: 1:50pm On May 15, 2016
MissCheesom:

I don't really understand the Cowardice

Impotency.... He talks about kids a lot

A friend of mine said it's because he is a womanizer
the last one falls under cowardice
Re: Man at 38 Not Married, Wat Could B Wrong & Should I Continue wit D Relationship? by MissCheesom: 1:59pm On May 15, 2016
talk2alabama:
the last one falls under cowardice

Ok...
Re: Man at 38 Not Married, Wat Could B Wrong & Should I Continue wit D Relationship? by Nobody: 2:06pm On May 15, 2016
Must there be a problem?

Maybe he just enjoys living the single life.

3 Likes

Re: Man at 38 Not Married, Wat Could B Wrong & Should I Continue wit D Relationship? by jashar(f): 2:19pm On May 15, 2016
grin
he hasn't found the one
Re: Man at 38 Not Married, Wat Could B Wrong & Should I Continue wit D Relationship? by MissCheesom: 2:39pm On May 15, 2016
Mindfulness:
Must there be a problem?

Maybe he just enjoys living the single life.

Which is changing women like diapers
Re: Man at 38 Not Married, Wat Could B Wrong & Should I Continue wit D Relationship? by MissCheesom: 2:40pm On May 15, 2016
jashar:
grin

38 years and haven't found the one?
Re: Man at 38 Not Married, Wat Could B Wrong & Should I Continue wit D Relationship? by Nobody: 2:48pm On May 15, 2016
MissCheesom:

E dey happen grin

1 Like

Re: Man at 38 Not Married, Wat Could B Wrong & Should I Continue wit D Relationship? by Nobody: 2:48pm On May 15, 2016
MissCheesom:

Which is changing women like diapers

So?

Did he complain?

He is probably not interested in long term commitment.

His life, his choice!

4 Likes

Re: Man at 38 Not Married, Wat Could B Wrong & Should I Continue wit D Relationship? by MissCheesom: 3:14pm On May 15, 2016
Mindfulness:

So?

Did he complain?

He is probably not interested in long term commitment.

His life, his choice!

It was a question I asked..
Re: Man at 38 Not Married, Wat Could B Wrong & Should I Continue wit D Relationship? by Nobody: 3:16pm On May 15, 2016
MissCheesom:

It was a question I asked..

It's ok. I was just wondering why you would think that it is a problem not to be married at a certain age.

4 Likes

Re: Man at 38 Not Married, Wat Could B Wrong & Should I Continue wit D Relationship? by MissCheesom: 3:47pm On May 15, 2016
Mindfulness:

It's ok. I was just wondering why you would think that it is a problem not to be married at a certain age.

He told me so many things which seems not to be true... I've modified my post
Re: Man at 38 Not Married, Wat Could B Wrong & Should I Continue wit D Relationship? by Nobody: 3:47pm On May 15, 2016
MissCheesom:

He told me so many things which seems not to be true... I've modified my post

Let me re-read it then.
Re: Man at 38 Not Married, Wat Could B Wrong & Should I Continue wit D Relationship? by Nobody: 3:57pm On May 15, 2016
MissCheesom:

I'm currently dating a man of 38 before we started dating, he always called, was eager to see me and always bugging me.. Told me he wants a serious relationship with me cos he wants to settle down

He said he has been in relationships with different ladies and all the breakups were the fault of the females,that they were all cheats, his last lady broke up with him cos his refusal to kiss & sex her cos dey had an agreement of no sex before marriage.

The moment a man would make such a statement to me would be the moment I would run because he is either too du.mb to understand the complexity of relationship dynamics or because he is suffers from a mental illness called narcism, which is destructive to the people around. I believe it is the latter in his case.

Anyone who believes that he is always right and others are always wrong is either dvmb or sick in his head. Such people can never be responsible.

We also made same agreement yet he has been wanting to kiss/touch me and I've been refusing, this is the same man that said his ex broke up with him cos he refused kissing her..

He is a liar. Another reason why you should run swiftly.

I also noticed he is not straight forward and always gives excuses, he cancels appointments at late hour without calling to even tell me, gives silly reasons, and he doesn't pick some calls in my presence..

Yeah! Good you noticed, it wasn't hard, was it?

There are MANY wonderful men out there. Forget about him. Nothing lost, a lot gained.

9 Likes

Re: Man at 38 Not Married, Wat Could B Wrong & Should I Continue wit D Relationship? by onegig(m): 4:01pm On May 15, 2016
Lol... You seem young and someone he can bobo.

The first red flag is not admitting to wrong doing in any of his previous relationships. It takes two to tango and if he would claim saint during the previous ones and no't take responsibility for his current situation; you are better off without this fellow.

He still has a lot to learn.

7 Likes

Re: Man at 38 Not Married, Wat Could B Wrong & Should I Continue wit D Relationship? by Nobody: 4:02pm On May 15, 2016
onegig:

The first red flag is not admitting to wrong doing in any of his previous relationships. It takes two to tango and if he would claim saint during the previous ones and no't take responsibility for his current situation; you are better off without this fellow.

Very well said. smiley
Re: Man at 38 Not Married, Wat Could B Wrong & Should I Continue wit D Relationship? by onegig(m): 4:12pm On May 15, 2016
Mindfulness:

Very well said. smiley
Abi....

There's nothing much more frustrating in a relationship after infidelity and lack of loyalty than being with someone who believes they are always right, makes no mistakes and never takes responsibility for wrong doing.

Fact is no one is perfect and you make mistakes, take wrong turns, say inappropriate things but the ability to agree you erred, apologise and make necessary corrections is what fosters a good relationship. You wouldn't want to be with someone with the opposite of such. Life would be harrowing.

4 Likes

Re: Man at 38 Not Married, Wat Could B Wrong & Should I Continue wit D Relationship? by Nobody: 4:18pm On May 15, 2016
onegig:

Abi....

There's nothing much more frustrating in a relationship after infidelity and lack of loyalty than being with someone who believes they are always right, makes no mistakes and never takes responsibility for wrong doing.

Fact is no one is perfect and you make mistakes, take wrong turns, say inappropriate things but the ability to agree you erred, apologise and make necessary corrections is what fosters a good relationship. You wouldn't want to be with someone with the opposite of such. Life would be harrowing.

I couldn't have said it better. 100 000 likes!
The ability and strength to acknowledge your own part in a conflict coupled with the willingness to understand your partner's perspective and respect of it are indispensable qualities to healthy relationships.

3 Likes

Re: Man at 38 Not Married, Wat Could B Wrong & Should I Continue wit D Relationship? by jashar(f): 4:57pm On May 15, 2016
MissCheesom:

Hmmmmmm... e no dey easy naaa....

Have to search well grin cheesy

On a serious note. You can't force a man who isn't ready to commit. Berra free yaself to find someone of the same wavelength as you.

If he ain't ready, he ain't ready. Simple.

2 Likes

Re: Man at 38 Not Married, Wat Could B Wrong & Should I Continue wit D Relationship? by kings009(m): 5:57pm On May 15, 2016
U beta investigate properly... He may be married! All he wants maybe you congo wink ;

3 Likes

Re: Man at 38 Not Married, Wat Could B Wrong & Should I Continue wit D Relationship? by MissCheesom: 8:10pm On May 15, 2016
Mindfulness:

The moment a man would make such a statement to me would be the moment I would run because he is either too du.mb to understand the complexity of relationship dynamics or because he is suffers from a mental illness called narcism, which is destructive to the people around. I believe it is the latter in his case.

Anyone who believes that he is always right and others are always wrong is either dvmb or sick in his head. Such people can never be responsible.

He is a liar. Another reason why you should run swiftly.

Yeah! Good you noticed, it wasn't hard, was it?

There are MANY wonderful men out there. Forget about him. Nothing lost, a lot gained.

onegig:

Will let him know my thoughts and know what he has to say
Re: Man at 38 Not Married, Wat Could B Wrong & Should I Continue wit D Relationship? by MissCheesom: 8:11pm On May 15, 2016
kings009:
U beta investigate properly... He may be married! All he wants maybe you congo wink ;

Yeah... Everything is possible

Men are good at hiding secrets
Re: Man at 38 Not Married, Wat Could B Wrong & Should I Continue wit D Relationship? by MissCheesom: 8:15pm On May 15, 2016
jashar:

Hmmmmmm... e no dey easy naaa....

Have to search well grin cheesy

On a serious note. You can't force a man who isn't ready to commit. Berra free yaself to find someone of the same wavelength as you.

If he ain't ready, he ain't ready. Simple.

I wasn't the one who met him for a relationship... He came to me, said he wanted something serious...he even sent pix of recently married couples according to him and also pix of kids.. He Just didn't act like a really serious man
Re: Man at 38 Not Married, Wat Could B Wrong & Should I Continue wit D Relationship? by jashar(f): 8:33pm On May 15, 2016
MissCheesom:

I wasn't the one who met him for a relationship... He came to me, said he wanted something serious...he even sent pix of recently married couples according to him and also pix of kids.. He Just didn't act like a really serious man

My dear. The signs are clear. He ain't ready. Don't you think it's time for you to move on?

2 Likes

Re: Man at 38 Not Married, Wat Could B Wrong & Should I Continue wit D Relationship? by MissCheesom: 9:05pm On May 15, 2016
jashar:

My dear. The signs are clear. He ain't ready. Don't you think it's time for you to move on?

Will let him know what went wrong then move on
Re: Man at 38 Not Married, Wat Could B Wrong & Should I Continue wit D Relationship? by ivyT(f): 11:02pm On May 15, 2016
It isn't even advisable to court a man 15 yes and above older than you. Insecurity on his part is inevitable.

Op I have no advice for you
Re: Man at 38 Not Married, Wat Could B Wrong & Should I Continue wit D Relationship? by Nobody: 11:41pm On May 15, 2016
Some guys will never be serious, even when they are 40.

1 Like

Re: Man at 38 Not Married, Wat Could B Wrong & Should I Continue wit D Relationship? by mizzochocinco: 2:32am On May 16, 2016
MissCheesom:

Most of the times guys who play victim are usually the perpatrators, if you dig into his past a little you will find out that he was probably the one who did most of the cheating. If he is constantly going awol, then you have just entered one chance. All i say is run as fast as you can and never look back

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Do I Find It Hard To Accept My Wife's Good Advices?" / Why Do Some Ladies Fake Virginity? / How Many "Yards" Of Wife Material

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.