Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,196 members, 7,807,667 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:07 PM

Igbo/hausa/yoruba Intermarriage To Solve Ethnic/religious Bigotry - OPINION - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbo/hausa/yoruba Intermarriage To Solve Ethnic/religious Bigotry - OPINION (3812 Views)

Nigeria Is Too Divided Along Ethnic, Religious Lines – Dickson / Okorocha: Hausas Can Win Election Without Igbos, Hence The Hausa-Yoruba Alliance / Joe Igbokwe: Igbo Ethnic Bigotry And Hate Campaign Worry Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igbo/hausa/yoruba Intermarriage To Solve Ethnic/religious Bigotry - OPINION by engrfaruq(m): 3:19pm On May 15, 2016
When people intermarry, they tend to look at one another as brothers and sisters keepers.

With the level of hatred existing between the major tribes in this country, I think one of the ways out is for an Igbo girl to marry an Hausa Man, Yoruba man to marry an Hausa girl, Hausa girl to find herself in the East in Mr. X's compound in the name of marriage....

With these kind of intermarriages, I believe Nigeria will get it right in the next few years to come.

My humble opinion! !!
Re: Igbo/hausa/yoruba Intermarriage To Solve Ethnic/religious Bigotry - OPINION by STFUand4kMeHARD(m): 3:21pm On May 15, 2016
grin Omenka will make one nasty brother in-law, i for say make i marry im sister come Anambra cheesy
Re: Igbo/hausa/yoruba Intermarriage To Solve Ethnic/religious Bigotry - OPINION by waternogetemeny: 3:24pm On May 15, 2016
We know the tribe of the OP. He is from that part of the country where dey practice inbreeding. grin

7 Likes

Re: Igbo/hausa/yoruba Intermarriage To Solve Ethnic/religious Bigotry - OPINION by STFUand4kMeHARD(m): 3:24pm On May 15, 2016
Errrrm .... Op .... abeg, you know wheither seun get younger sister? wink
Re: Igbo/hausa/yoruba Intermarriage To Solve Ethnic/religious Bigotry - OPINION by STFUand4kMeHARD(m): 3:25pm On May 15, 2016
waternogetemeny:
We know the tribe of the OP. He is from that part of the country where dey practice inbreeding. grin
Hmmm, bros lets tone it down abeg, i think he mean well wink
Re: Igbo/hausa/yoruba Intermarriage To Solve Ethnic/religious Bigotry - OPINION by engrfaruq(m): 3:25pm On May 15, 2016
[quote author=STFUand4kMeHARD post=45644600] grin Omenka will make one nasty brother in-law, i for say make i marry im sister come Anambra cheesy[/quote

Lolz... who's Omenka again?
Re: Igbo/hausa/yoruba Intermarriage To Solve Ethnic/religious Bigotry - OPINION by engrfaruq(m): 3:28pm On May 15, 2016
waternogetemeny:

that's the beauty of democracy, everybody is entitled to his opinion .... You must not preach the gospel of hatred all the times... As hot as the sun is, It always goes cool once everyday

1 Like

Re: Igbo/hausa/yoruba Intermarriage To Solve Ethnic/religious Bigotry - OPINION by STFUand4kMeHARD(m): 3:29pm On May 15, 2016
[quote author=engrfaruq post=45644716][/quote]
The naija Nazi chief executioner ..... hates the Nigerian jews with passion and will defend the herdsmen to the death grin

2 Likes

Re: Igbo/hausa/yoruba Intermarriage To Solve Ethnic/religious Bigotry - OPINION by decomaniaboss(f): 3:29pm On May 15, 2016
Will that help?? I really don't think is the solution...well we are to love ourselves .....no matter our culture and religious believes ...we are all Africans ...and marriage isn't suppose to be the key for that love

1 Like

Re: Igbo/hausa/yoruba Intermarriage To Solve Ethnic/religious Bigotry - OPINION by engrfaruq(m): 3:30pm On May 15, 2016
STFUand4kMeHARD:
Errrrm .... Op .... abeg, you know wheither seun get younger sister? wink

Seun no fine joor... I believe his sister nogo fine
Re: Igbo/hausa/yoruba Intermarriage To Solve Ethnic/religious Bigotry - OPINION by waternogetemeny: 3:31pm On May 15, 2016
STFUand4kMeHARD:

Hmmm, bros lets tone it down abeg, i think he mean well wink

It takes an inbreed ape to think defiling the secret union/ institution of marriage, will solve ethnic and sectarian political division.

Matters relating to injustice, grievance, oppression, enslavement and destitution.

Go and ask intertribal couple, they will tell you tribalism is vastly highlighted since dey marry. From tribalist mother inlaw to brother and sister inlaw.

Try equity, justice, equality and fairness first. mofo!

3 Likes

Re: Igbo/hausa/yoruba Intermarriage To Solve Ethnic/religious Bigotry - OPINION by UnclePati: 3:31pm On May 15, 2016
Dis man......not every blood fit mix together..
Its very difficult to find igbo inter marry with hausa fulani....unless dat igbo man na 419.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbo/hausa/yoruba Intermarriage To Solve Ethnic/religious Bigotry - OPINION by STFUand4kMeHARD(m): 3:32pm On May 15, 2016
engrfaruq:

Seun no fine joor... I believe his sister nogo fine

I dey talk seun money, you dey talk "fine" ....... na who fine epp? grin
Re: Igbo/hausa/yoruba Intermarriage To Solve Ethnic/religious Bigotry - OPINION by Nobody: 3:33pm On May 15, 2016
long live
Re: Igbo/hausa/yoruba Intermarriage To Solve Ethnic/religious Bigotry - OPINION by Pheals(f): 3:35pm On May 15, 2016
Igbos getting married to Yoruba this day is too much cheesy ... We Yoruba do not sell our daughters.... If you see the list of goods and the amounts normally require by this people every knew they are selling there daughters undecided

Re: Igbo/hausa/yoruba Intermarriage To Solve Ethnic/religious Bigotry - OPINION by waternogetemeny: 3:38pm On May 15, 2016
wolfslair:

long live

Pheals:
Igbos getting married to Yoruba this day is too much cheesy ... We Yoruba do not sell our daughters.... If you see the list of goods and the amounts normally require by this people every knew they are selling there daughters undecided

See their sisters have the same disease. Genetics never lie.

5 Likes

Re: Igbo/hausa/yoruba Intermarriage To Solve Ethnic/religious Bigotry - OPINION by engrfaruq(m): 3:40pm On May 15, 2016
waternogetemeny:

It takes an inbreed ape to think defiling the secret union/ institution of marriage, will solve ethnic and sectarian political division.

Matters relating to injustice, grievance, oppression, enslavement and destitution.

Go and ask intertribal couple, they will tell you tribalism is vastly highlighted since dey marry. From tribalist mother inlaw to brother and sister inlaw.

Try equity, justice, equality and fairness first. mofo!

Well let give u this expo... since ur brain isn't driving faster.... One of the secrets behind the atmosphere of understanding prevailing between Hausa and Yoruba is intermarriage. I wake up everyday to see my neighbour's son whose mother is a Yoruba from Ibadan Mingling with my younger brothers... With this kind of intermingling, I don't think he will ever take side on the event of hausa/Yoruba clash.... this is the wisdom in it.
Re: Igbo/hausa/yoruba Intermarriage To Solve Ethnic/religious Bigotry - OPINION by engrfaruq(m): 3:41pm On May 15, 2016
STFUand4kMeHARD:

I dey talk seun money, you dey talk "fine" ....... na who fine epp? grin

Hahaha In that case u should not forget that na seun get the money not the sister
Re: Igbo/hausa/yoruba Intermarriage To Solve Ethnic/religious Bigotry - OPINION by waternogetemeny: 3:45pm On May 15, 2016
engrfaruq:

Well let give u this expo... since ur brain isn't driving faster.... One of the secrets behind the atmosphere of understanding prevailing between Hausa and Yoruba is intermarriage. I wake up everyday to see my neighbour's son whose mother is a Yoruba from Ibadan Mingling with my younger brothers... With this kind of intermingling, I don't think he will ever take side on the event of hausa/Yoruba clash.... this is the wisdom in it.
Dat is Y u two should form one country. Mile 12 never happened last two months! grin

1 Like

Re: Igbo/hausa/yoruba Intermarriage To Solve Ethnic/religious Bigotry - OPINION by freeapostle: 3:46pm On May 15, 2016
Start with your house now, share wives and husband to ur family with different ethnic. Let's see it as experiment, if it works then others will follow suit. Proudly 5%
Re: Igbo/hausa/yoruba Intermarriage To Solve Ethnic/religious Bigotry - OPINION by Ngokafor(f): 3:47pm On May 15, 2016
Pheals:

...Interesting!!..but you guys that are two a kobo,i wonder why other tribes are not trooping to marry you guys inspite of your''free levels''

..If you like dont work on your attitude,keep deceiving yourselves that the fact that you are 'free'is all you need to get a husband..na rock you dive be that.

..NB in my state(Anambra)..our bride-price is extremely reasonable.I am married..and not to an Igboman sef...so be guided.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo/hausa/yoruba Intermarriage To Solve Ethnic/religious Bigotry - OPINION by gidgiddy: 3:47pm On May 15, 2016
engrfaruq:
When people intermarry, they tend to look at one another as brothers and sisters keepers.

With the level of hatred existing between the major tribes in this country, I think one of the ways out is for an Igbo girl to marry an Hausa Man, Yoruba man to marry an Hausa girl, Hausa girl to find herself in the East in Mr. X's compound in the name of marriage....

With these kind of intermarriages, I believe Nigeria will get it right in the next few years to come.

My humble opinion! !!

Nonsense!
Do you think the only problem here is ethnicity? It is also religious too. 99% of all Igbos are Christians or traditional religious believers. A Muslim once told me that a Musilm man is allowed to marry a non Muslim woman but a Muslim woman is not allowed under any circumstance to marry a non Muslim man or a Christian. We should stop this forced unity called Nigeria and go our different ways

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Igbo/hausa/yoruba Intermarriage To Solve Ethnic/religious Bigotry - OPINION by waternogetemeny: 3:49pm On May 15, 2016
gidgiddy:

Nonsense!
Do you think the only problem here is ethnicity? It is also religious too. 99% of all Igbos are Christians or traditional religious believers. A Muslim once told me that a Musilm man is allowed to marry a non Muslim woman but a Muslim woman is not allowed under any circumstance to marry a non Muslim man or a Christian. We should stop this forced unity called Nigeria and go our different ways

The yorubas think igbos are the next best thing to slice bread. quite amusing, though I am not amused!

2 Likes

Re: Igbo/hausa/yoruba Intermarriage To Solve Ethnic/religious Bigotry - OPINION by Built2last: 3:50pm On May 15, 2016
You can't marry a northern Muslim lady as a Christian. The lady stands to be killed or you are killed. It's impossible.

The Scottish gave married plenty British..yet they never agree. It doesn't necessarily follow
Re: Igbo/hausa/yoruba Intermarriage To Solve Ethnic/religious Bigotry - OPINION by STFUand4kMeHARD(m): 3:51pm On May 15, 2016
engrfaruq:

Hahaha In that case u should not forget that na seun get the money not the sister
If im no dey settle me well, na to turn im sister to punch bag onetime grin cheesy
Re: Igbo/hausa/yoruba Intermarriage To Solve Ethnic/religious Bigotry - OPINION by engrfaruq(m): 3:52pm On May 15, 2016
gidgiddy:

Nonsense!

Oh lord! one bigot has been spotted.. may You take control of his situation and cleanse his heart of this hatred Ameen
Re: Igbo/hausa/yoruba Intermarriage To Solve Ethnic/religious Bigotry - OPINION by frleopardo: 3:56pm On May 15, 2016
We igbos reject mixing of bloodline. Thanks for your concern, anyway.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbo/hausa/yoruba Intermarriage To Solve Ethnic/religious Bigotry - OPINION by keyremotes(m): 3:59pm On May 15, 2016
On paper it can. But we know by now that in Nigeria anything that works on paper doesn't work in reality.
A very good case study is all the fuel price increases we have had all these years. They have never addressed the issue they were done for.
Re: Igbo/hausa/yoruba Intermarriage To Solve Ethnic/religious Bigotry - OPINION by Nobody: 4:11pm On May 15, 2016
when its time for intertribal marriage, they remember One Nigeria
but when they hear about Igbo President or South East development, their tribalistic nature comes out.
I remember in 2014 when a guy(non-igbo) told me in their house that he love me as an Igbo girl but He hate Igbo men.
I was shocked by that statement!
I just cut every contact with the mofo.
Lets stop this pretence, Nigeria is NOT a nation but a forceful amalgamation of tribes with different ideologies

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbo/hausa/yoruba Intermarriage To Solve Ethnic/religious Bigotry - OPINION by medpren: 4:18pm On May 15, 2016
If Buhari wants to prove to us how much he cherishes nigeria's unity let him give his daughters to Igbo Christian men UNCONDITIONALLY. If Zahra Buhari becomes Zahra Igboanugo heavens will not fall. But can Buhari do that?
Engrfaruq start from the president himself to preach your unity gospel.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo/hausa/yoruba Intermarriage To Solve Ethnic/religious Bigotry - OPINION by ckmayoca: 4:18pm On May 15, 2016
Other tribes is acceptable but hausa? God forbid.
Re: Igbo/hausa/yoruba Intermarriage To Solve Ethnic/religious Bigotry - OPINION by engrfaruq(m): 4:19pm On May 15, 2016
Adaure4ever:
when its time for intertribal marriage, they remember One Nigeria
but when they hear about Igbo President or South East development, their tribalistic nature comes out.
I remember in 2014 when a guy(non-igbo) told me in their house that he love me as an Igbo girl but He hate Igbo men.
I was shocked by that statement!
I just cut every contact with the mofo.
Lets stop this pretence, Nigeria is NOT a nation but a forceful amalgamation of tribes with different ideologies

And uve never heard an Igbo person saying he hate hausa man ryt?

This is one of the reason we're. not getting it ryt... we're talking of solution but people are busy tabling problems

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Throwback Photo Of Abacha, Abiola And Tinubu In 1993 / Buhari Will Win The Next Election / Biafra: See What David Vance Revealed About Yoruba's

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.