Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,814 members, 7,802,617 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:27 PM

Dubai Banks Order Closure Of Nigerians' Accounts - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Dubai Banks Order Closure Of Nigerians' Accounts (25004 Views)

The Category Of Nigerians That Will Not Experience Recession In 2017 / 9 Annoying Sets Of Nigerians You'd Meet At An ATM Queue / CBN Averts Closure Of 200 Manufacturing Firms Through Forex Access (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dubai Banks Order Closure Of Nigerians' Accounts by Freegift75: 6:30pm On May 15, 2016
Lagos — A diplomatic row seems imminent between the United Arab Emirates (UAE) and Nigeria, following a directive by the country's central bank prohibiting Nigerians who do not work there from operating accounts in any branch of their local or foreign banks.

Nigerian journalist, Fidelis Mbah, disclosed this on Thursday May 7, 2015 with a series of tweets on his twitter handle, even as observers believe the move is partly to check money laundering activities of Nigerian politicians, a situation they say, has become common.

According to Mbah, those affected by the new policy include Nigerian politicians, students and business operators in the UAE.

Already, he continued, UAE banks have sent out notices to some of those affected, informing them that their accounts in the country's commercial capital have been closed without further explanation.

Continuing, he said "some Nigerian politicians have been hiding under the pretext of paying children school fees to smuggle millions of dollars into the UAE."

To signpost the seriousness attached to the directive, all such Nigerians whose accounts were closed following the policy, have been issued cheques equivalent to the amount they have in their accounts.

http://allafrica.com/stories/201505100033.html

6 Likes

Re: Dubai Banks Order Closure Of Nigerians' Accounts by DaBullIT(m): 6:31pm On May 15, 2016
God Punish Looters bwahahahah

Fire born them

74 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dubai Banks Order Closure Of Nigerians' Accounts by realjoker(m): 6:36pm On May 15, 2016
Baba junketeering yielding positive results already. But that doesn't stop wailers from wailing. But we no care it is their birth right to mourn and wail profusely. carry go bubu, we the patriots dey behind you gidigba.
divinehand2003:
Looters take your hard earned cash to Mexico or China, they Will gladly receive you and your cash with open hands.
Chi...what. Are you living in planet DREAMLAND?
na capital judgment await dem dia, those fierce looking hangmen will be fighting within themselves to behead any looter that mistakenly take an inch into China it's been very long they get someone to behead last.
And for Mexico tell me you are kidding, na those fierce looking drug Lord go use them test the credibility of new drugs that their researchers are working on.
Tell me it is a joke or you are being sarcastic.

80 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Dubai Banks Order Closure Of Nigerians' Accounts by Tolexander: 6:36pm On May 15, 2016
According to Mbah, those affected by the new policy include Nigerian politicians, students and business operators in the UAE. Already, he continued, UAE banks have sent out notices to some of those affected, informing them that their accounts in the country's commercial capital have been closed without further explanation.
It will be tantamount to stealing on the Emirati part if the accounts are closed without returning the money in them to Nigeria.

26 Likes

Re: Dubai Banks Order Closure Of Nigerians' Accounts by divinehand2003(m): 6:37pm On May 15, 2016
Looters take your hard earned cash to Mexico or China, they Will gladly receive you and your cash with open hands.

5 Likes

Re: Dubai Banks Order Closure Of Nigerians' Accounts by tucky200(m): 6:37pm On May 15, 2016
Our ibo brothers will still find something negative in this

22 Likes

Re: Dubai Banks Order Closure Of Nigerians' Accounts by Nnemuka(f): 6:40pm On May 15, 2016
not only close their accounts please return all the loots back to Nigeria.
come to think of it, how comes buharia isnt saying how much loot has been returned?
abi he plans to use it to further train his daughters in harvard?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dubai Banks Order Closure Of Nigerians' Accounts by Kondomatic(m): 6:40pm On May 15, 2016
What happens to the money in those accounts?

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dubai Banks Order Closure Of Nigerians' Accounts by princemillla(m): 6:43pm On May 15, 2016
And what becomes of the Nigerian money in those accounts?

I hope to see pa Buhari trip yielding more result in future

5 Likes

Re: Dubai Banks Order Closure Of Nigerians' Accounts by Nobody: 6:44pm On May 15, 2016
Sai Buhari
Akpabio sef

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dubai Banks Order Closure Of Nigerians' Accounts by modath(f): 6:44pm On May 15, 2016
Kwaret!!!! Looters go cry blood!!!

Monkey cannot be broke and baboon living large!! cool

Genuine biz people should not worry, when verification is done, no one can sit on their cash!!

10 Likes

Re: Dubai Banks Order Closure Of Nigerians' Accounts by jesse8048(m): 6:49pm On May 15, 2016
Close account, good? What happens to the money, that's more important than closing the account.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dubai Banks Order Closure Of Nigerians' Accounts by Mynd44: 6:53pm On May 15, 2016
Me to thieving Nigerian politicians with accounts in UAE

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dubai Banks Order Closure Of Nigerians' Accounts by Mynd44: 6:55pm On May 15, 2016
When the president was travelling upandan they thought it was a joking sturv.

Now they never esperedit

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dubai Banks Order Closure Of Nigerians' Accounts by freeze001(f): 6:56pm On May 15, 2016
Nnemuka:
come to think of it, how comes buharia isnt saying how much loot has been returned?

I understand he says he will do a full disclosure as part of his democracy day speech on May 29th. Hopefully it will not be the more u look, the less u see and they will not deny his statement tomorrow.

I also hope and expect due diligence was done on the matter so that innocent students for instance are not caught and made to suffer unnecessary hardship cos they need funds for their upkeep too.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dubai Banks Order Closure Of Nigerians' Accounts by oduastates: 6:57pm On May 15, 2016
They go to dubai to propose to their lovers then turn around and complain about exchange rate.
Iranu.
Good job buhari.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Dubai Banks Order Closure Of Nigerians' Accounts by Hengineer: 6:57pm On May 15, 2016
Gbam!.. hopefully they would quickly return the unexplained funds in these accounts to Nigeria were we're in dire need for forex. grin

6 Likes

Re: Dubai Banks Order Closure Of Nigerians' Accounts by Firefire(m): 7:00pm On May 15, 2016
Buhali well done, get the money back without sentiment.

No forget to bring back Tinubu, Fashola & Amaechi loots.

Thank you.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dubai Banks Order Closure Of Nigerians' Accounts by Mynd44: 7:06pm On May 15, 2016
Nigerian thieves be like

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dubai Banks Order Closure Of Nigerians' Accounts by modath(f): 7:10pm On May 15, 2016
Firefire:
Buhali well done, get the money back without sentiment.

No forget to bring back Tinubu, Fashola & Amaechi loots.

Thank you.

A trust you!! Ya nemesis first!! cheesy cheesy

You should know by now that if Panama Papers nor catch am, Dubai likely won't...

Where is Mai foto for real? Serious!!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dubai Banks Order Closure Of Nigerians' Accounts by omenka(m): 7:31pm On May 15, 2016
How did the evening take such a terrible turn for the Wailing miscreants?? cheesycheesy

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dubai Banks Order Closure Of Nigerians' Accounts by papparatzzi2013: 7:35pm On May 15, 2016
Another good news that will further sadden the hearts and dampen the morale of hating wailers.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dubai Banks Order Closure Of Nigerians' Accounts by omenka(m): 7:36pm On May 15, 2016
modath:

A trust you!! Ya nemesis first!! cheesy cheesy

You should know by now that if Panama Papers nor catch am, Dubai likely won't...

Where is Mai foto for real? Serious!!
He's got an evalasting beef against Jagaban- dude been job am the other year: non settlement for election rigging. Na Idumuose him friend talk am no be me oo. grin

4 Likes

Re: Dubai Banks Order Closure Of Nigerians' Accounts by KINGinVAHALA: 7:38pm On May 15, 2016
Nnemuka:
sorry miss, but have you been living inside a rock and just came out or you re a wailer whom sees nothing good in anything?

Haven't you heard, read or you weren't told buhari has stated that we would list the looters and how much he has recovered when addressing the nation come may 29?

Please don't thank me for this info.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dubai Banks Order Closure Of Nigerians' Accounts by KINGinVAHALA: 7:40pm On May 15, 2016
hey bro, I sent you a bb request on behalf of someone but it seemed you rejected it. @omenka
Re: Dubai Banks Order Closure Of Nigerians' Accounts by LieDetector(m): 7:43pm On May 15, 2016
Closing account of corrupt officials without repatriation of looted funds is tantamount to robbery. ....
Re: Dubai Banks Order Closure Of Nigerians' Accounts by ChukwuIbrahim: 7:46pm On May 15, 2016
Mynd44:
Nigerian theves be like

8 Likes

Re: Dubai Banks Order Closure Of Nigerians' Accounts by Nnemuka(f): 7:47pm On May 15, 2016
KINGinVAHALA:

sorry miss, but have you been living inside a rock and just came out or you re a wailer whom sees nothing good in anything?

Haven't you heard, read or you weren't told buhari has stated that we would list the looters and how much he has recovered when addressing the nation come may 29?

Please don't thank me for this info.
and you expect me to believe?
do you know how many things the dullard said and later denied?
the 5k for poor nigerians,
the 1dollar one naira fallacy,
what of the fuel subsidy?
asset declaration nko

nnaa please open ya eyes, buhari is not an honest man.
come may 29 he would come up with an excuse why he cant list names...
are u a zombie?

2 Likes

Re: Dubai Banks Order Closure Of Nigerians' Accounts by ChukwuIbrahim: 7:48pm On May 15, 2016
Great!
one of Sai baba's galivantin runz iz eventually payin off and am lofin it cool

Keneking, mek u show!
help us call Lala cool
Re: Dubai Banks Order Closure Of Nigerians' Accounts by KINGinVAHALA: 7:55pm On May 15, 2016
Nnemuka:

and you expect me to believe?
do you know how many things the dullard said and later denied?
the 5k for poor nigerians,
the 1dollar one naira fallacy,
what of the fuel subsidy?
asset declaration nko

nnaa please open ya eyes, buhari is not an honest man.
come may 29 he would come up with an excuse why he cant list names...
are u a zombie?
Believing him or not isn't my problem neither is it also that of buhari.

me a zombie? don't don't and will never ascribe myself with that words, but i'm a stunt believer and follower of buhari, and also a registered apc member.

Have a good day miss/Mrs.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dubai Banks Order Closure Of Nigerians' Accounts by omenka(m): 7:59pm On May 15, 2016
KINGinVAHALA:
hey bro, I sent you a bb request on behalf of someone but it seemed you rejected it. @omenka
Yeah. Rejected one request yesterday, it was a business stuff- was worried my page is gonna be flooded with broadcasts.

How did u get my pin

1 Like

Re: Dubai Banks Order Closure Of Nigerians' Accounts by KINGinVAHALA: 8:06pm On May 15, 2016
omenka:
Yeah. Rejected one request yesterday, it was a business stuff- was worried my page is gonna be flooded with broadcasts.

How did u get my pin
Ohhhh, as I said anyways, I sent the request and wanna have a chat with you on behalf of someone. you gave the person you pin but the person isn't on bbm so the person asked me to communicate with you. A girl and she is a contestant for miss nairaland.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Fire Guts CBN Office In Jos / Nigerian Man Protests At MSC Shipping Office In Toronto Canada Over Exploitation / Money-saving Tips For Surviving The Recession

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.