Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,562 members, 7,809,056 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:59 PM

Police Seals Anglican Church In Port Harcourt (Photos) - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Police Seals Anglican Church In Port Harcourt (Photos) (37541 Views)

I Was Prevented From Receiving Holy Communion In Anglican Church Over Card / A Live Alligator For Harvest Thanksgiving In Anglican Church, Warri (Photos) / Pregnant Bride Wears Yellow In Anglican Church Wedding (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Police Seals Anglican Church In Port Harcourt (Photos) by EzePromoe: 9:48am On May 16, 2016
otokx:

There are always many sides to a story, in truth St Matthews was a role model for many others in the Anglican Community in the Niger Delta. Their music and children ministry were quite vibrant but in the end so many things fell apart according to some people. They can hand over those buildings to WIKE so that he can turn it into a secondary school to retain the name and memory of St Matthews.
St. Matthew is still very vibrant as before. Nobody can stop the church. Closing the church was a big flaw on the side of the diocese. We have another church building known as Gloryland, where we can easily move to and register under the Diocese of Okrika or we simply run as an independent church. So closing the church changes nothing.
Re: Police Seals Anglican Church In Port Harcourt (Photos) by EzePromoe: 9:56am On May 16, 2016
PastorAji:
My Brother in the Lord,

I really appreciate you coming out to clear some bit of the air about what happened

BUT

1. No Church Leader will ever (I repeat) will ever allow a church to go ROGUE against the laid down traditions.

2. I might not know how it is been practiced in The Church of Nigeria (Anglican Communion) but from my Roman Catholic Background, any church they feel that it is growing more balls than even the Deanery, will be "clipped". In other words, you do according to the laid down doctrines of the church. (I remember vividly Rev. Fr. E. A. Owoeye he prays like the Charismatics but was sabotaged by other Priests) Even in Winners where I am presently, you will be given "love letter" acting beyond what the laid down procedures and rules

3. Some people in your church would have capitalized on the free goodwill the Church had been enjoying and turned themselves to [size=16pt]POWER BROKERS[/size] (I suggest you please contact Dr. Francis Akin Bola - John for his movie "POWER BROKERS IN THE CHURCH" and watch) or rather click on this Youtube link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCf77AfLqqk
The church didn't go against any rule but your view is a good one.

1 Like

Re: Police Seals Anglican Church In Port Harcourt (Photos) by Noneroone(m): 10:09am On May 16, 2016
EzePromoe:
In this case, the battle is between the church and the diocese. What else do you call someone who tries to upset the basis on which the church was built to do the bidding of a few diocesan cabals? There are many things done at the back stage that I'm not going to reveal because it's not suitable for public consumption. Nobody but the devil is fighting the church.
smh...just hope u get back to your senses on time.
Re: Police Seals Anglican Church In Port Harcourt (Photos) by mamawin(f): 12:01pm On May 16, 2016
dapipson:
They can only do that to a church. Can they try sealing a mosque? Christians are easy preys in this part of the world.
so those members that are not allowing peace to reign in d church are Moslems? and who told you a mosque can't be sealed off? ethnicity and religion bigotry, two major problems of this country!
Re: Police Seals Anglican Church In Port Harcourt (Photos) by jbaby265(f): 12:25pm On May 16, 2016
i knew someting was wrong cos d kind of crowd i saw there yesterday was unsual
Re: Police Seals Anglican Church In Port Harcourt (Photos) by uobimba(m): 2:56pm On May 16, 2016
To d glory of God,st Matthews Anglican church mkpogu deanery is not under lock.we are still pressing on

1 Like

Re: Police Seals Anglican Church In Port Harcourt (Photos) by OBAGADAFFI: 6:04am On May 17, 2016
EzePromoe:

St. Matthew is still very vibrant as before. Nobody can stop the church. Closing the church was a big flaw on the side of the diocese. We have another church building known as Gloryland, where we can easily move to and register under the Diocese of Okrika or we simply run as an independent church. So closing the church changes nothing.

Register under another Diocese?
You must be joking.

This is Not a Pentecostal church were anything goes.
You can start your Church under new names, but not as Anglican.
Re: Police Seals Anglican Church In Port Harcourt (Photos) by lagosrd: 6:15am On May 17, 2016
metronaija:

http://thenewsnigeria.com.ng/2016/05/port-harcourt-anglican-church-sealed-off-by-police/

Archbishop wasting his time from time immemorial. Try CAC version Dem go run now. Curse them with leprosy or any Elisha like curse. You will come and thank me.
Re: Police Seals Anglican Church In Port Harcourt (Photos) by kan12(m): 7:37am On May 17, 2016
The early church also had quarrels nd a 7 man panel was set up nd d case resolved,dispute in church is not the problem,forming committee is not also d problem,de problem is the resistance am seeing to resolve the case.Dnt open ur mouth wide and say wat you dnt know.
Re: Police Seals Anglican Church In Port Harcourt (Photos) by EzePromoe: 9:40am On May 17, 2016
OBAGADAFFI:

Register under another Diocese?
You must be joking.

This is Not a Pentecostal church were anything goes.
You can start your Church under new names, but not as Anglican.
Who told you it isn't possible? Afterall, the Church of Nigeria has broken away from the Church of England but they still retained the name "Anglican". But no need for the argument anymore, we've moved back into the church, and a programme was held there yesterday.
Re: Police Seals Anglican Church In Port Harcourt (Photos) by EzePromoe: 9:41am On May 17, 2016
uobimba:
To d glory of God,st Matthews Anglican church mkpogu deanery is not under lock.we are still pressing on
Glory be to God.
Re: Police Seals Anglican Church In Port Harcourt (Photos) by orunto27: 2:11pm On May 17, 2016
If you do not give to Caeser what is Caesers, Caeser has God's instruction to punish you.
Re: Police Seals Anglican Church In Port Harcourt (Photos) by rule4ever(f): 2:35pm On May 17, 2016
we Christians need to be careful the way and manner we react to issues especially things that involves God, stop been biased and get to the root of matters before you conclude. God is not man and therefore should be respected. why will any one lock the house of God? Who gave such persons the right. This act was not carried out by the Government but the so called people that claim to be winning souls for Christ. What do you want the unbelievers to think, say or do. Christians think, pray and seek the face of God before you act. Shame to all those who refused to see the light but prefer to be in darkness and claim to be Christians. God will always fight for the just. Sit back and see the hand of God at work.
Re: Police Seals Anglican Church In Port Harcourt (Photos) by SujiAndrew(m): 3:09pm On May 17, 2016
This post will clarify all your doubt about the payment of tithe.
http://www.sujiandrewsblog.tk/2016/05/should-christians-pay-tithe.html
Be blessed in the name of our lord Jesus Christ!
Re: Police Seals Anglican Church In Port Harcourt (Photos) by kaycee06: 5:16pm On May 17, 2016
2 Samuel 15:31
Now someone told David, saying, "Ahithophel is among the conspirators with Absalom." And David said, "O LORD, I pray, make the counsel of Ahithophel foolishness."

IT IS SIAD THAT WHEN YOU WANT TO KILL A DOG YOU GIVE IT A BAD NAME, THE CHANCELLOR OF THE NIGER DELTA NORTH DIOCESE PAINTED LIES ABOUT THE CHURCH OF GOD TO GIVE A BAD IMAGE TO THE CHURCH SO AS TO WIN THE SUPPORT OF INNOCENT DIOCESAN DELEGATE TO ENABLE HIM CARRY OUT HIS OCCULTIC MANDATE TO CLOSE THE CHURCH.
Re: Police Seals Anglican Church In Port Harcourt (Photos) by EreluY(f): 8:37pm On May 18, 2016
Oguguah:

Read the story very well. The church was closed down by its general leader the diocesan himself. It is not about rogues and frauds. It has to do with doctrine. They did not accept the Anglican doctrine, yet they answer Anglican church. Don't ever refer to the Holy Church like that. Jesus Christ is not your mate

Whoever you think you are, you are VERY, VERY DAFT. There is absolutely nothing, absolutely nothing, in the original story to which I reacted that suggest that the closing of the church was based on doctrinal issues. Whoever you think you're, you have no clues about what happens, on the inside, within the Nigerian Anglican church, if you do, you wouldn't contend my claim which I boldly claim one more time: "The Christian church today is full of rogues and frauds."
Re: Police Seals Anglican Church In Port Harcourt (Photos) by Noneroone(m): 5:23am On May 19, 2016
EzePromoe:

Who told you it isn't possible? Afterall, the Church of Nigeria has broken away from the Church of England but they still retained the name "Anglican". But no need for the argument anymore, we've moved back into the church, and a programme was held there yesterday.
lol... Some of your claims show you really arent an Anglican. Quite shameful u're an anarchist
Re: Police Seals Anglican Church In Port Harcourt (Photos) by EzePromoe: 6:31am On May 19, 2016
Noneroone:
lol... Some of your claims show you really arent an Anglican. Quite shameful u're an anarchist
It is you that isn't getting in touch with current realities. You're not up to date, if not, you should have known about the controversy on gay rights that has almost crippled the Anglican communion. I'm sure you don't know about the LAMBETH and GAFCON conferences, one being the assembly of liberal bishops and the other being the assembly of conservative bishops which the Church of Nigeria belongs to. Do you know that the Church of Nigeria has since been proclaimed by the former primate not to be any longer in Communion with the See of Canterbury but in Communion with all Provinces that holds the historic faith and doctrines outlined in the Scripture which the Church of England has fallen out of with the ECUSA due to liberalism, automatically making the Church of Nigeria dealignated from them. You need to know more about the Anglican Church.
Re: Police Seals Anglican Church In Port Harcourt (Photos) by Noneroone(m): 7:13am On May 19, 2016
EzePromoe:
It is you that isn't getting in touch with current realities. You're not up to date, if not, you should have known about the controversy on gay rights that has almost crippled the Anglican communion. I'm sure you don't know about the LAMBETH and GAFCON conferences, one being the assembly of liberal bishops and the other being the assembly of conservative bishops which the Church of Nigeria belongs to. Do you know that the Church of Nigeria has since been proclaimed by the former primate not to be any longer in Communion with the See of Canterbury but in Communion with all Provinces that holds the historic faith and doctrines outlined in the Scripture which the Church of England has fallen out of with the ECUSA due to liberalism, automatically making the Church of Nigeria dealignated from them. You need to know more about the Anglican Church.
hahaha...stop advertising your ignorance you rebel!
Member churches of Anglican communion relate on two basis. They are in full communion with the see of canterbury and in communion with each other. The church of Nigeria is formally in communion with Church of England as well as the rest, but restricts its relations 'cos of certain activities. Just like a married couple sleeping in seperate rooms for sometimes doesnt mean they are seperated. GAFCON is not recognized by the communion, it a platform where conservatives chat their common cause. Only the episcopal church and that of canada has the church of Nigeria formally stopped relating with cos they are liberal hardliners. Episcopal church was suspended by the communion earlier this year for 3yrs cos of their hardline position on samesex marriage. They'll not participate in any anglican activity in the global level nor represent Anglican communion even in US. The Cana (conservatives in US) has by implication been recognized as a seperate anglican province. The US chuch are expected to put their house in order witihn this period.
Stop viewing everything from the anarchist point. grin

1 Like

Re: Police Seals Anglican Church In Port Harcourt (Photos) by kingaka: 8:31am On May 27, 2016
What the Niger Delta North Diocese (NDND) about shorting down a church called St Matthew's in Port Harcourt, it's a lie o, is that how this people on corller can lie? Pls the so called Niger Delta North Diocese (NDND) I'm really afraid of u people now from ur so called head to ur tail, God have mercy on(NDND) people and as I'm writing now if u go there, the Church is still on and the doors wide opened shocked

Re: Police Seals Anglican Church In Port Harcourt (Photos) by kingaka: 8:31am On May 27, 2016
What the Niger Delta North Diocese (NDND) about shorting down a church called St Matthew's in Port Harcourt, it's a lie o, is that how this people on corller can lie? Pls the so called Niger Delta North Diocese (NDND) I'm really afraid of u people now from ur so called head to ur tail, God have mercy on(NDND) people and as I'm writing now if u go there, the Church is still on and the doors wide opened shocked[color=#990000][/color]

Re: Police Seals Anglican Church In Port Harcourt (Photos) by uobimba(m): 5:50am On May 18, 2018
Thank God as of yesterday, St Matthews Anglican Church matter that has been in court for years has been struck out in her favour. The Church was accused of stealing a huge sum of money but the accuser could not provide evidence. The accuser were even inconsistent in attending court

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Chris Okotie Celebrates 62nd Birthday After Mocking TB Joshua / Archangel Michael Is Jesus Christ / Photo: Man Urinating On Bible By Punch. Sensational Journalism Against Religion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.