Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,690 members, 7,801,987 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:31 AM

Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Roll Out Latest Product - Car Talk (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Roll Out Latest Product (54633 Views)

Inside The Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Plant As You Have Never Seen It Before / Has Anyone On Nairaland Used An Innoson Vehicle Before? What Was Your Experience / Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Company (IVM) Launches An Auto Finance Scheme (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Roll Out Latest Product by chidozieikeji2: 1:40pm On May 16, 2016
agalamanyi:
I don't even have anything to say to you. If that's how you see it, then o well, I guess if you child cheats to pass an exam, you would praise him alas it's not easy to cheat, abi people failed, Governor embezzled money to build Church, praise him abi, at least he built Church with the money. INNOSON has been praised when he started off and we were all full of expectation , but if you can't be honest and see what's wrong with stealing someone's structural designs am indeed proud of your mentality as a Nigerian Youth, Leaders of Tomorrow, oshey!
look wen u want to criticise things criticise it constructively don't criticise it in order to rubbish it entirely dats My stance on the whole issue do a proper semantic analysis of ur first statement and u will see the flaws that made me to be angry
Re: Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Roll Out Latest Product by Nobody: 1:48pm On May 16, 2016
chidozieikeji2:
look wen u want to criticise things criticise it constructively don't criticise it in order to rubbish it entirely dats My stance on the whole issue do a proper semantic analysis of ur first statement and u will see the flaws that made me to be angry
Innoson has been producing cars, though of poor quality but it has been selling he does not need to copy others, originality sells, he can't be doing like china phone.
Did he have to copy people when National Population commission got his cars? NO
Did he have to copy people when Gov. Obiano got 200 of his cars and shared to traditional rulers in Anambra state? No bro
If didn't even need to copy when FG bought his bus for mass transit , even Ben Bruce got his car for personal use and for the silver Bird group, now he came up with this Mercedes body type, Jeep face type, Is he going back or forward? Iru Fanta, Okpa Coke.
Re: Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Roll Out Latest Product by mamaafrik(m): 1:51pm On May 16, 2016
GuyfawkesAB:
ya head no korrect.

All the governors in the Southeast buying toyota and hyundai for their state police fleet are not operating double standards?

KIA is offering a minimum of N45k monthly installment and IVM is offering a minimum of N97k monthly installment for the smallest car. Which one you think say customers go go for?
Mr. Chukwuma should be innovative and strategic.

okayyyyyy,now i get you,you mean that the north 1st encourage dangote financially by giving him a direct 198# per dollar cushioning, above odas ,abi ban other competing products in the north shey?,or was the northern governors the 1st to buy his product in a way to encourage him,u talk of kia,are you sure they have the same factors b4 u play a comparison game ??,was dangote not like dem b4 he was encouraged,if kia was not helped from their country of origin will they have thrived enuf to give dat cut unharmed?,that is what is killing us,are they not both nigerians?,why use our common wealth and power to help A and overluk B??,is dat how u were trained,hun?, ogbeni Guyfawk abi na cornflake re won peo?,dose americans viewing dis topic go be like "wait,oya see that dat one's comment,i told u that unlike us deir ambiethnicity is a weakness unto them and not strength"
Re: Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Roll Out Latest Product by naptu2: 1:55pm On May 16, 2016
agalamanyi:

Innoson has been producing cars, though of poor quality but it has been selling he does not need to copy others, originality sells, he can't be doing like china phone.
Did he have to copy people when Gov. Obiano got 200 of his cars and shared to traditional rulers in Anambra state? No bro
If didn't even need to copy when FG bought his bus for mass transit , even Ben Bruce got his car for personal use and for the silver Bird group, now he came up with this Mercedes body type, Jeep face type, Is he going back or forward? Iru Fanta, Okpa Coke.

All Innoson vehicles that have been produced so far are Nigerian made versions of chinese vehicles. For example, the SUV that Ben Bruce got is a Nigerian made version of the GAC GoNow G5.

GAC GoNow G5

IVM G5

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1374659_20131021003637295_jpg46c2adbff508fc26adb257f9dc52e208

And there's absolutely nothing wrong with it.
Re: Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Roll Out Latest Product by engrchykae(m): 1:58pm On May 16, 2016
agalamanyi:
The design is not creative to say the least, it's a copy of the Mercedes G, just imagine the lawsuit Mercedes would slam on him if they found out, but the beauty of the scenario is that Mercedes does not know Innoson exists.
mercedes corporations may not know innoson vehicle manufacturing but ivm surely dont know you.
But know this that the foundation had been laid for the disappearance of some western auto firms from nigeria and africa.its just a matter of time.
Re: Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Roll Out Latest Product by chidozieikeji2: 2:08pm On May 16, 2016
agalamanyi:

my broda try and watch toyota versus honda and mitshbushi versus bmw dia is somtin u will observe also mazda versus toyota u will observe a lot of similarities in their respective drawing but it doesn't imply that they copied eachoda
Re: Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Roll Out Latest Product by kobonaire(m): 2:31pm On May 16, 2016
naptu2:

1) The assembly plant is not new.

2) All major car makers run assembly plants. They do not make all the components of the vehicles themselves (for example, most of the parts of the Mercedes Benz G Class are made by Steyr.

3) A lot of the parts that are used to make Innoson vehicles are made by other manufacturers in Nnewi.
All major car makers design and engineer their vehicles. That is the most important thing that is done in automobile engineering for you to be labeled as an automobile manufacturer. They then set up assembly plants all over the world.

Innoson does not design/engineer a single vehicle. Everything is done by Donfeng Motors in China who then supply Innoson CKD kits for re-assembly in Nigeria with the contractual agreement to put Innoson's logo on the car. This has been done by Pegueot and Volkswagen in Nigeria since the 70s.
Innoson is a motor assembly plant making Dongfeng vehicles in Nigeria.
Re: Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Roll Out Latest Product by naptu2: 2:43pm On May 16, 2016
kobonaire:

All major car makers design and engineer their vehicles. That is the most important thing that is done in automobile engineering. They then set up assembly plants all over the world.

Innoson does not design engineer a single vehicle. Everything is done by Donfeng Motors in China who then supply Innoson CKD kits for re-assembly in Nigeria with the contractual agreement to put Innoson's logo on the car. This has been done by Pegueot and Volkswagen in Nigeria since the 70s.

1) Not all major car companies design and engineer their vehicles. These are sometimes contracted out. See the example I already provided of the Volkswagen Sharan. The first generation Volkswagen Sharan was also made by Ford as the Ford Galaxy and by Seat as the Seat Alhambra. Ford, Volkswagen and Seat are major car companies. The first generation Volkswagen Santana GX was known as the Nissan Santana in Japan, the Ford Versailles in America and the FAW Santana in China. You can't tell me that Ford and Nissan are not major car companies. And there are many more examples.

2) Innoson vehicles are not all Donfeng vehicles. In fact, most of their vehicles are made in partnership with BAIC (the SUV that is the subject of this thread is a BAIC BJ80), GAC GoNow, etc.

3) Innoson vehicles are also modified to fit nigerian roads and many of the parts are made by nigerian companies (most of which are based in Nnewi). For example, the plastic that's used in Innoson vehicles is made by Innoson Technical and Industrial Co. Ltd. and other parts are made by Ibeto, Chicason, Omata, etc.

4) I totally agree with you that PAN, VON, Anamco have already made cars in Nigeria. I witnessed when these plants were in full production. I remember when Peugeot produced their first Peugeot 504 that had 50% nigerian components. The suppliers included ISO Glass Ibadan, which supplied the automotive glass for the windscreen, nocaco, which supplied the wire harness, Michelin Nigeria, which supplied the tyres (Michelin had 3 or 4 rubber plantations in Nigeria, including one at the Edo-Ondo border, and they made the tyres in their factory in Lagos), the car seat company in Kaduna (I can't remember its name), etc. The part suppliers included companies that made the automotive batteries, lubricants, clutch cables, mudguards, wiper blades, brake pads, automobile paints, exhaust pipes, etc And I also remember what happened to the nigerian companies that made those products when those assembly plants collapsed.

2 Likes

Re: Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Roll Out Latest Product by naptu2: 3:11pm On May 16, 2016
I was watching the NTA Network News at 9 one day in 1989 and I saw the Malaysian ambassador to Nigeria present President Babangida with the first malaysian made car, a Proton Saga, at Dodan Barracks. Babangida drove the car around Dodan Barracks.

There were massive complaints in the newspapers the next day. They complained that Malaysia came to Nigeria in the 1960s to study how we produced our palm oil, yet they had become the biggest producer of palm oil in the world and were now producing cars, while we were producing nothing.

The truth is that the Proton Saga was a badge engineered Mitsubishi Galant and PAN's Peugeot 504 had more local content in it than the Proton Saga.

Proton made badge engineered Mitsubishis from the 1980s to the late 1990s, but it now produces its own locally designed cars. It used the knowledge it gained from producing Mistubishis to eventually make its own wholly designed and indigenous cars.

Many car companies go into partnerships in the same way in order to learn how to produce things and gain technical know-how.

BMW had always wanted to make SUVs and cheap small cars. It bought over Rover and learnt how to make quality SUVs from Land Rover and how to make cheap small cars from Mini.

Mercedes Benz always wanted to make super cars and cheap small cars. It's venture with Swatch didn't work, so it bought Chrysler in order to learn how to make cheap small cars.

It went into partnership with Mclaren in order to learn how to make supercars (Mercedes made the first ever supercar, the 300SL Gullwing, in 1952, but it had not had success with supercars since). Maclaren had made the Maclaren F1, the fastest car in the world in the mid 1990s. They eventually made the Mercedes-Mclaren SLR.

Samsung always wanted to make luxury cars. They went into partnership with Renault and produced the Renault-Samsung SM series, which has Nissan parts and Mercedes engines.

There are very many examples of such collaborations.
Re: Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Roll Out Latest Product by Nobody: 3:18pm On May 16, 2016
naptu2:

All Innoson vehicles that have been produced so far are Nigerian made versions of chinese vehicles. For example, the SUV that Ben Bruce got is a Nigerian made version of the GAC GoNow G5.

GAC GoNow G5

IVM G5

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1374659_20131021003637295_jpg46c2adbff508fc26adb257f9dc52e208

And there's absolutely nothing wrong with it.
please educate me on the version of the Chinese car he prototyped in the model?
Re: Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Roll Out Latest Product by Nobody: 3:26pm On May 16, 2016
chidozieikeji2:
my broda try and watch toyota versus honda and mitshbushi versus bmw dia is somtin u will observe also mazda versus toyota u will observe a lot of similarities in their respective drawing but it doesn't imply that they copied eachoda

MY brother please compare..........

1 Like

Re: Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Roll Out Latest Product by Nobody: 3:26pm On May 16, 2016
Naptu, you bring a lot of sanity and maturity without letting emotion get in the way, I like that.

The Volkswagen Sharan was a joint collaboration with Ford, who built a similar vehicle, the Ford Galaxy. However, there were differences.

The switchgear was Ford and Volkswagen, the instrument cluster was Volkswagen, the body shell was a mix of Volkswagen and Ford.

All the engines in the Volkswagen Sharan were Volkswagen units, so were the all the automatic transmissions, which were also fitted to all automatic variants of the Ford Galaxy. Only 2 engines in the Ford Galaxy were Ford units. The manual gearboxes on both the Volkswagen and Ford MPV's were supplied by Ford.

Volkswagen Sharan engines:

1.8T I4 DOHC 20V turbo - Volkswagen.
2.0 I4 SOHC 8V - Volkswagen.
2.8 VR6 SOHC 12V - Volkswagen.
2.8 VR6 DOHC 24V - Volkswagen.
1.9 TDI I4 SOHC 8V - Volkswagen.
2.0 TDI I4 DOHC 16V - Volkswagen.

Ford Galaxy engines:

2.0 I4 DOHC 16V - Ford.
2.3 I4 DOHC 16V - Ford.
2.8 VR6 SOHC 12V - Volkswgen.

This was a true collaboration in every sense of the word, rather than a Volkswagen with a Ford badge simply slapped on, and vise versa.

Re: Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Roll Out Latest Product by naptu2: 3:30pm On May 16, 2016
agalamanyi:
please educate me on the version of the Chinese car he prototyped in the model?

The problem is that I'm afraid of the anti-spam bot, so I won't post links, but I'll still try and explain it to you.

Go back to my post (the one you quoted). The first picture in that post is the GAC-GoNow G5. That is made in China by GAC. The second picture is the IVM G5. That is made in Nigeria by Innoson. Now, google GAC G5.

You can also search for the GoNow GA200 and then search for the Innoson GA200.

There's also a car called the GAC Taxi. Innoson initially introduced it as the Innoson Taxi, but nigerians didn't like the name, so they changed it to Innoson Umu.

Anyway, I know that the spambot doesn't attack Wikipedia links, so I'll post links to Wikipedia articles. Check these links.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gonow

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/GAC_Group
Re: Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Roll Out Latest Product by kobonaire(m): 3:41pm On May 16, 2016
naptu2:

1) Not all major car companies design and engineer their vehicles. These are sometimes contracted out. See the example I already provided of the Volkswagen Sharan. The first generation Volkswagen Sharan was also made by Ford as the Ford Galaxy and by Seat as the Seat Alhambra. Ford, Volkswagen and Seat are major car companies. The first generation Volkswagen Santana GX was known as the Nissan Santana in Japan, the Ford Versailles in America and the FAW Santana in China. You can't tell me that Ford and Nissan are not major car companies. And there are many more examples.

2) Innoson vehicles are not all Donfeng vehicles. In fact, most of their vehicles are made in partnership with BAIC (the SUV that is the subject of this thread is a BAIC BJ80), GAC GoNow, etc.

3) Innoson vehicles are also modified to fit nigerian roads and many of the parts are made by nigerian companies (most of which are based in Nnewi). For example, the plastic that's used in Innoson vehicles is made by Innoson Technical and Industrial Co. Ltd. and other parts are made by Ibeto, Chicason, Omata, etc.

4) I totally agree with you that PAN, VON, Anamco have already made cars in Nigeria. I witnessed when these plants were in full production. I remember when Peugeot produced their first Peugeot 504 that had 50% nigerian components. The suppliers included ISO Glass Ibadan, which supplied the automotive glass for the windscreen, nocaco, which supplied the wire harness, Michelin Nigeria, which supplied the tyres (Michelin had 3 or 4 rubber plantations in Nigeria, including one at the Edo-Ondo border, and they made the tyres in their factory in Lagos), the car seat company in Kaduna (I can't remember its name), etc. The part suppliers included companies that made the automotive batteries, lubricants, clutch cables, mudguards, wiper blades, brake pads, automobile paints, exhaust pipes, etc And I also remember what happened to the nigerian companies that made those products when those assembly plants collapsed.
FACT: Innoson does not engineer or design any single vehicle they assemble.

FACT: For you to be an auto-manufacturer you have to be able to design/engineer your own vehicles.
If Volkswagen contracts out a particular model then that is fine. Volkswagen is an established. Auto designer and manufacturer. Innoson as not engineered an single vehicle till date.

FACT: The critical components of a vehicle apart from it's design, are the engine, transmission, and body. None of these which Innoson does.

Whether it's assembly done for Dongfeng or BAIC it is still the same thing .... a CKD assembly. The fact that they source batteries, car tyres locally means that's the same thing PAN, VOA have been doing with the only difference that they Innoson sticks their label.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Roll Out Latest Product by naptu2: 4:24pm On May 16, 2016
Siena:
Naptu, you bring a lot of sanity and maturity without letting emotion get in the way, I like that.

The Volkswagen Sharan was a joint collaboration with Ford, who built a similar vehicle, the Ford Galaxy. However, there were differences.

The switchgear was Ford and Volkswagen, the instrument cluster was Volkswagen, the body shell was a mix of Volkswagen and Ford.

All the engines in the Volkswagen Sharan were Volkswagen units, so were the all the automatic transmissions, which were also fitted to all automatic variants of the Ford Galaxy. Only 2 engines in the Ford Galaxy were Ford units. The manual gearboxes on both the Volkswagen and Ford MPV's were supplied by Ford.

Volkswagen Sharan engines:

1.8T I4 DOHC 20V turbo - Volkswagen.
2.0 I4 SOHC 8V - Volkswagen.
2.8 VR6 SOHC 12V - Volkswagen.
2.8 VR6 DOHC 24V - Volkswagen.
2.0 TDI I4 DOHC 16V - Volkswagen.

Ford Galaxy engines:

2.0 I4 DOHC 16V - Ford.
2.3 I4 DOHC 16V - Ford.
2.8 VR6 SOHC 12V - Volkswgen.

This was a true collaboration in every sense of the word, rather than a Volkswagen with a Ford badge simply slapped on, and vise versa.

Apologies for the delay. I've spent way too much time on nairaland and it's beginning to affect my day.

I agree with you totally. Innoson vehicles are also not a case of Innoson badges being slapped on another car. For that to be true, 100% of the components of the cars must have been imported, which is not the case.
Re: Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Roll Out Latest Product by naptu2: 4:29pm On May 16, 2016
kobonaire:

FACT: Innoson does not engineer or design any single vehicle they assemble.

FACT: For you to be an auto-manufacturer you have to be able to design/engineer your own vehicles.
If Volkswagen contracts out a particular model then that is fine. Volkswagen is an established. Auto designer and manufacturer. Innoson as not engineered an single vehicle till date.

FACT: The critical components of a vehicle apart from it's design, are the engine, transmission, and body. None of these which Innoson does.

Whether it's assembly done for Dongfeng or BAIC it is still the same thing .... a CKD assembly. The fact that they source batteries, car tyres locally means that's the same thing PAN, VOA have been doing with the only difference that they Innoson sticks their label.

1) You keep stressing that what Innoson is doing is the same as what PAN, VON and Anamco did, I wonder why. I have not at any time said that it was in any way different, so I don't know why you keep repeating it.

2) You have the Rolls Royce Silver Seraph (1988). The engine was made by BMW, the transmission was made by Saarbrucken. By your logic, that means that the car was not made by Rolls Royce Motors.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rolls-Royce_Silver_Seraph
Re: Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Roll Out Latest Product by loomer: 4:34pm On May 16, 2016
LoveMachine:

I thought you were talking about the automobiles. But yeah I noticed that as well. I imagine they need to hike up those health/safety practices.

On the automobiles, he's doing a great job. But if him no take that health and safety issue serious, oyibo no go like buy him cars

1 Like

Re: Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Roll Out Latest Product by naptu2: 4:54pm On May 16, 2016
To make it all very simple, I'll give a short explanation, then I really have to go.

The fact that you've made an automobile engine, does not mean that you've made a car. You've made an automobile engine.

That fact that you've made an automobile transmission does not mean that you've made a car. You've made an automobile transmission.

The fact that you've made automobile tyres does not mean that you've made a car.

You've made a car when you give part suppliers specifications of what you want, they deliver the parts and you put it all together in such a way that a person can drive it. That's when you've made a car. Otherwise, you've only made car parts.

2 Likes

Re: Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Roll Out Latest Product by cr80vity(m): 4:54pm On May 16, 2016
this is true entrepreneurship...nd a sign of an innovative Nigeria
Re: Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Roll Out Latest Product by YoursGEJ(m): 5:19pm On May 16, 2016
sunnyb0b0:

Ibu Onye Awka?

Enugu
Re: Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Roll Out Latest Product by naptu2: 6:19pm On May 16, 2016
I have debated this issue many times in the past 25 years and in my opinion, the only reasons that it generates controversy are:

1) It's assembled in Nigeria.

2) It has parts from a pre-existing car.

Now, imagine that I wanted to make a car. I've got the money and I set up my factory in Gothenburg, Sweden and I hire

1) Pininfarina to design the car

2) Detroit Diesel or BMW to make the engine

3) Zagato or Pininfarina to do the coachwork.

4) Saarbrucken to do the transmission.

5) Michelin to make special tyres for it

Etc

And I bring it all to my factory in Gothenburg, assemble it there, slap my badge on it and name it after myself, would you say that I did not make the car? If I didn't make the car, then who did?

2 Likes

Re: Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Roll Out Latest Product by kobonaire(m): 6:45pm On May 16, 2016
naptu2:

1) You keep stressing that what Innoson is doing is the same as what PAN, VON and Anamco did, I wonder why. I have not at any time said that it was in any way different, so I don't know why you keep repeating it.

2) You have the Rolls Royce Silver Seraph (1988). The engine was made by BMW, the transmission was made by Saarbrucken. By your logic, that means that the car was not made by Rolls Royce Motors.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rolls-Royce_Silver_Seraph
1) I keep stressing it because of the misleading marketing that Innoson employs hiding the fact that they do assembly of CKDs.
2) RollsRoyce, Ford, BMW, Toyota etc have all done collaboration projects sourcing engines from other manufactures. However the most important things is that they have also designed and manufactured their own engines, transmissions and bodies.

Till, Innoson designs/makes their own engine, tranny, body design, they are just an assembly house.
I completely respect Innoson for what they do but for Nigeria's auto technology and economy. I am just stating facts.

1 Like

Re: Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Roll Out Latest Product by naptu2: 6:49pm On May 16, 2016
kobonaire:

1) I keep stressing it because of the misleading marketing that Innoson employs hiding the fact that they do assembly of CKDs.
2) RollsRoyce, Ford, BMW, Toyota etc have all done collaboration projects sourcing engines from other manufactures. However the most important things is that they have also designed and manufactured their own engines, transmissions and bodies.

Till, Innoson designs/makes their own engine, tranny, body design, they are just an assembly house.
I completely respect Innoson for what they do but for Nigeria's auto technology and economy. I am just stating facts.

Please answer this question before I go further.

naptu2:
I have debated this issue many times in the past 25 years and in my opinion, the only reasons that it generates controversy are:

Now, imagine that I wanted to make a car. I've got the money and I set up my factory in Gothenburg, Sweden and I hire

Etc

And I bring it all to my factory in Gothenburg, assemble it there, slap my badge on it and name it after myself, would you say that I did not make the car? If I didn't make the car, then who did?
Re: Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Roll Out Latest Product by Ilovemystate: 6:57pm On May 16, 2016
naptu2:
[s]

Etc

And I bring it all to my factory in Gothenburg, assemble it there, slap my badge on it and name it after myself, would you say that I did not make the car? If I didn't make the car, then who did?[/s]
This guy you are trying all your treacherous ways to pull Innoson down with you posts, I have gone through your posts and I know the jealous tribe you came from, go back a watch the video clip and show us VON, BAN video let and know what make Innoson assembling plant, you are treacherously what to rubbish the first car manufacturing plant in Nigeria grin
Re: Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Roll Out Latest Product by naptu2: 7:02pm On May 16, 2016
Ilovemystate:

This guy you are trying all your treacherous ways to pull Innoson down with you posts, I have gone through your posts and I know the jealous tribe you came from, go back a watch the video clip and show us VON, BAN video let and know what make Innoson assembling plant, you are treacherously what to rubbish the first car manufacturing plant in Nigeria grin

It's very funny to me that you can't even realise that it's quite the opposite of what you are saying.

People are saying that Innoson vehicles have no local content and I'm arguing that they do.

People are arguing that Innoson is just assembling cars and I'm arguing that he is making cars.

But this is all that you can understand from the debate. Truly comprehension is a problem.
Re: Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Roll Out Latest Product by Nobody: 7:23pm On May 16, 2016
Ilovemystate:

In your haste to feel relevant, you're attacking the one person who is actually defending Innoson. Did you read what Naptu posted, what you actually quoted?

And cut out all that tribe sentiment, you need to start debating impartially rather than emotionally, start thinking beyond your own little sphere of comprehension.

1 Like

Re: Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Roll Out Latest Product by kobonaire(m): 8:51pm On May 16, 2016
naptu2:

Please answer this question before I go further.

Your concept is NOT what Innoson is doing.
Here are some facts for you
1) Innoson is doing assembly of vehicles using CKD kits from China.
2) None of the car designs were done by Innoson.

Unless you have a comprehensive argument (with facts), I will not waste my time clapping my hands because Innoson sourced the battery, tyre or brake pad locally. When Innoson designs/engineers any of these : Engine, Tranmission or auto body then I will laud their authenticity. All their cars are replica models of Chinese cars. Try and dispute that.

1 Like

Re: Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Roll Out Latest Product by olatunjithomas(m): 9:18pm On May 16, 2016
agalamanyi:
The design is not creative to say the least, it's a copy of the Mercedes G, just imagine the lawsuit Mercedes would slam on him if they found out, but the beauty of the scenario is that Mercedes does not know Innoson exists.
shut the Bleep up now zombie!! it is called competition. where or what do you think leads to the birth of Honda's ODYSSEY,ACCORD?were they not trying to replicate Toyota's SIENNA and CAMRY?Or from where do you think Honda city came out from if not from the original Toyota corolla. have you heard anybody filing suite against anybody?
if you know you don't have anything to offer, why not get a bottle of zobo nd sip gently till you sleep off.
Re: Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Roll Out Latest Product by Nobody: 9:21pm On May 16, 2016
Even if innoson build or just Assembles car. To me if u just want to copy someones design and put ur identity on it, i am 100% discouraged. No any kind of reasons will make me interested in a "copy culture". U an look at a design and develop ur own different idea, but to just look and copy what some one has already done, no way. Seriously i rather buy a nissan micra or golf mk2 instead of that look like G-wagon. Am not joking.
Just imagine urself, in a car cruising along the streets and that teenager looks at u and say i like ur brand new G wagon. But u tell him nooo its an IVM. and he says but this looks like the Mercedes Benz. Off course even the average teenager will know something fishy is wrong with the manufacturers of the car. And this is common sense am just making. wink
Who ever gave mr innoson to do that copy copy work have really lead him astray. Many gifted and talented nigerian youths draw different concenpt designs go to the internet and u see countless beautiful car designs which are not copied from other cars.
If innoson really are car manufacturers then they should have a team of car designers, (exterior &interior).
Even TATA dont copy they have designers.
If u want to know why i react like this pls watch "how its made" for cars u can check it on youtube how its made, tata, or ford mustang, or audi or vw beetle. Then u will see and know how cars are really made from A-Z. This is just common sense the average human should have.

1 Like

Re: Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Roll Out Latest Product by Nobody: 11:20pm On May 16, 2016
olatunjithomas:

shut the Bleep up now zombie!! it is called competition. where or what do you think leads to the birth of Honda's ODYSSEY,ACCORD?were they not trying to replicate Toyota's SIENNA and CAMRY?Or from where do you think Honda city came out from if not from the original Toyota corolla. have you heard anybody filing suite against anybody?
if you know you don't have anything to offer, why not get a bottle of zobo nd sip gently till you sleep off.
Does Honda Odyssey look like Sienna? Even if you wipe the brand name a toddler can tell the difference from a mile a way, but no need arguing with you, you are mannerless.
Re: Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Roll Out Latest Product by naptu2: 4:49am On May 17, 2016
kobonaire:

Your concept is NOT what Innoson is doing.
Here are some facts for you
1) Innoson is doing assembly of vehicles using CKD kits from China.
2) None of the car designs were done by Innoson.

Unless you have a comprehensive argument (with facts), I will not waste my time clapping my hands because Innoson sourced the battery, tyre or brake pad locally. When Innoson designs/engineers any of these : Engine, Tranmission or auto body then I will laud their authenticity. All their cars are replica models of Chinese cars. Try and dispute that.

grin grin

You didn't answer my question. I didn't ask you to "clap hands" for Innoson. Please try and answer the question. Don't try and avoid it.

Here's another one to go with my earlier question (but please don't avoid my earlier question. Try and attempt both).

naptu2:
To make it all very simple, I'll give a short explanation, then I really have to go.

The fact that you've made an automobile engine, does not mean that you've made a car. You've made an automobile engine.

That fact that you've made an automobile transmission does not mean that you've made a car. You've made an automobile transmission.

The fact that you've made automobile tyres does not mean that you've made a car.

You've made a car when you give part suppliers specifications of what you want, they deliver the parts and you put it all together in such a way that a person can drive it. That's when you've made a car. Otherwise, you've only made car parts.

1 Like

Re: Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Roll Out Latest Product by kobonaire(m): 6:06am On May 17, 2016
naptu2:

grin grin

You didn't answer my question. I didn't ask you to "clap hands" for Innoson. Please try and answer the question. Don't try and avoid it.

Here's another one to go with my earlier question (but please don't avoid my earlier question. Try and attempt both).

I have answered your question. That you cannot comprehend it is beyond what I can do for you. grin grin
I am sorry but you are beating around the bush creating phantom scenarios. Try and dispute the following statements:
Innoson does NOT design/make engines
Innoson does NOT design/make transmissions
Innoson does NOT design/make car bodies
Innoson assembles CKD automobiles from China.

You can clap your hands in amazement that they source batteries and tyres locally but I'm sorry such engineering feats have been in existence since the 90s in Nigeria grin
An automobile manufacturer is generally judged on its worth by it's engineering that goes behind its engine, suspension, transmission, body design etc.
When you browse Toyota/Ford/Volkwagen's websites do you see them proudly talk about the tires and batteries?? Heck no, their pride is in their original engines, transmission and auto body design etc ..... go have a look.
These are some simple concepts that you can read up more here automobile engineering.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Are You Bold Enough To Do Your Wedding With Any Of These Vehicles? / Man Uses A Rope To Pull A Faulty Car In Benin, Edo State / Top 5 Cars Spotted In Nigeria This Week -specs And Prices

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 136
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.