Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,501 members, 7,808,851 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:55 PM

Maryam Tambuwal Pays Fine For The Release Of Prisoners, 30, In Sokoto (photos) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Maryam Tambuwal Pays Fine For The Release Of Prisoners, 30, In Sokoto (photos) (17171 Views)

Maryam Abacha, Former First Lady Stuns In New Photos / Section Of Senator Wamakko's Building Collapses In Sokoto. Photos / Jonathan Receives A Heroes Welcome In Sokoto. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Maryam Tambuwal Pays Fine For The Release Of Prisoners, 30, In Sokoto (photos) by itsdumebi(m): 4:27am On May 16, 2016
30 inmates including 2 females have been released from the sokoto Central prisons, by H.E Hajiya Maryam Mairo Aminu Waziri Tambuwal, wife of the sokoto state governor to reunite with their families.

The released are in the category of prisoners who had fines and debts to pay which has now been cleared .The 2 released female inmates were incarcerated due to debt related cases, while the other male inmates were in for some minor offences.Speaking on behalf of the Chairperson MMAWT legacy initiative, Hajiya Asma’u Habibu Shagari advised the former inmates to be of good behaviour in the future and strive to become model citizens as they re-integrate with their families.

Very lovely gesture..Kudos to her!

http://dumebiifeanyi.com/maryam-tambuwal-orders-release-30-prisoners-sokot-photos/

Re: Maryam Tambuwal Pays Fine For The Release Of Prisoners, 30, In Sokoto (photos) by madridguy(m): 4:32am On May 16, 2016
Nagode Hajia.

5 Likes

Re: Maryam Tambuwal Pays Fine For The Release Of Prisoners, 30, In Sokoto (photos) by chriskosherbal(m): 4:33am On May 16, 2016
Very good, she is playing a motherly role expected of her.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Maryam Tambuwal Pays Fine For The Release Of Prisoners, 30, In Sokoto (photos) by klassykute(m): 4:35am On May 16, 2016
hehehe .. is a gud tin
Re: Maryam Tambuwal Pays Fine For The Release Of Prisoners, 30, In Sokoto (photos) by Nobody: 4:48am On May 16, 2016
She has no constitutional power to do so na undecided

88 Likes 1 Share

Re: Maryam Tambuwal Pays Fine For The Release Of Prisoners, 30, In Sokoto (photos) by Eboski(m): 5:36am On May 16, 2016
Very good of her. she as put smiles back to there face.

1 Like

Re: Maryam Tambuwal Pays Fine For The Release Of Prisoners, 30, In Sokoto (photos) by SamuelAnyawu(m): 5:48am On May 16, 2016
Some people where remanded because of debt related issues

That's why I love seeing our big men in EFCC custody.cool cool cool They should also have a feel of what the masses go through in Nigeria cool

5 Likes

Re: Maryam Tambuwal Pays Fine For The Release Of Prisoners, 30, In Sokoto (photos) by kossyablaze(m): 6:28am On May 16, 2016
Commendable
Re: Maryam Tambuwal Pays Fine For The Release Of Prisoners, 30, In Sokoto (photos) by ORACLE1975(m): 6:44am On May 16, 2016
Good woman

1 Like

Re: Maryam Tambuwal Pays Fine For The Release Of Prisoners, 30, In Sokoto (photos) by MrPolitics: 6:53am On May 16, 2016
She didn't actually pardon anyone (as she has no constitutional right to do so). She simply paid the fines they had to pay to get their freedom.

She tried

36 Likes

Re: Maryam Tambuwal Pays Fine For The Release Of Prisoners, 30, In Sokoto (photos) by Okikiade(m): 7:10am On May 16, 2016
searchiing4love:
I wonder o! "In Tupac`s voice: if heaven got a ghetto!" Another changing face in the nonsensical wielding elite! #NaOnlyfor9ja

2 Likes

Re: Maryam Tambuwal Pays Fine For The Release Of Prisoners, 30, In Sokoto (photos) by MadCow1: 10:53am On May 16, 2016
Why? angry

This is not right!

How did people end up in prison over a Debt? angry angry angry angry angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: Maryam Tambuwal Pays Fine For The Release Of Prisoners, 30, In Sokoto (photos) by OZAOEKPE(f): 10:53am On May 16, 2016
office of the wife of who?

1 Like

Re: Maryam Tambuwal Pays Fine For The Release Of Prisoners, 30, In Sokoto (photos) by santanamimi(f): 10:53am On May 16, 2016
searchiing4love:

That's what I thought.

1 Like

Re: Maryam Tambuwal Pays Fine For The Release Of Prisoners, 30, In Sokoto (photos) by Psylas(m): 10:53am On May 16, 2016
She doesn't have the right!

2 Likes

Re: Maryam Tambuwal Pays Fine For The Release Of Prisoners, 30, In Sokoto (photos) by Mutuwa(m): 10:55am On May 16, 2016
order?
Re: Maryam Tambuwal Pays Fine For The Release Of Prisoners, 30, In Sokoto (photos) by MadCow1: 10:56am On May 16, 2016
Psylas:

Its not a matter of rights, its a matter of Law.

The people were incarcerated due to failure to pay the fine option. If she has paid the fine option, then they MUST be released.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Maryam Tambuwal Pays Fine For The Release Of Prisoners, 30, In Sokoto (photos) by nickxtra(m): 10:57am On May 16, 2016
I think that is beyond her power
Re: Maryam Tambuwal Pays Fine For The Release Of Prisoners, 30, In Sokoto (photos) by tayo200(m): 10:58am On May 16, 2016
see as dt last guy dey laugh..e sure say e go go back to his wayward ways
Re: Maryam Tambuwal Pays Fine For The Release Of Prisoners, 30, In Sokoto (photos) by maxxy: 10:59am On May 16, 2016
Psylas:

nickxtra:
I think that is beyond her power

The topic is misleading. The body of the report indicates she paid the fines and debts of the inmates, thereby assisting them to regain their freedom. That is indeed laudable.

6 Likes

Re: Maryam Tambuwal Pays Fine For The Release Of Prisoners, 30, In Sokoto (photos) by naptu2: 11:00am On May 16, 2016
grin This thread will expose those who rush to comment without actually reading the article.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Maryam Tambuwal Pays Fine For The Release Of Prisoners, 30, In Sokoto (photos) by orbitame2011: 11:00am On May 16, 2016
This topic is misleading please She didn't order their release but only paid for their fines.

3 Likes

Re: Maryam Tambuwal Pays Fine For The Release Of Prisoners, 30, In Sokoto (photos) by DeltaOil: 11:01am On May 16, 2016
That's why I love the North.

You no see B00hari telling the courts what to do on Dansuki & Kanu?

In normal democracy the courts are independent.

In the North even Governor wife dey tell courts what to do.

Chai, the South needs to leave the North to do what they like as they like when they like!
Re: Maryam Tambuwal Pays Fine For The Release Of Prisoners, 30, In Sokoto (photos) by kokobi99: 11:01am On May 16, 2016
My name is HRH Muhammed Bola Okorocha Koyo Alabra Abasi Maxwel
Re: Maryam Tambuwal Pays Fine For The Release Of Prisoners, 30, In Sokoto (photos) by yomalex(m): 11:02am On May 16, 2016
Eh
Re: Maryam Tambuwal Pays Fine For The Release Of Prisoners, 30, In Sokoto (photos) by TFLAME(m): 11:02am On May 16, 2016
I don't know what to write ..
Re: Maryam Tambuwal Pays Fine For The Release Of Prisoners, 30, In Sokoto (photos) by neolboy(m): 11:04am On May 16, 2016
who is she to release criminals
HBD to me
Re: Maryam Tambuwal Pays Fine For The Release Of Prisoners, 30, In Sokoto (photos) by designexploit(m): 11:04am On May 16, 2016
Okikiade:
I wonder o! "In Tupac`s voice: if heaven got a ghetto!" Another changing face in the nonsensical wielding elite! #NaOnlyfor9ja

Guys, una don forget who dey power?

2 Likes

Re: Maryam Tambuwal Pays Fine For The Release Of Prisoners, 30, In Sokoto (photos) by nmreports: 11:06am On May 16, 2016
Guys guys guys.. Calm down a bit and read the article again.
She ordered their release after helping them clear their debts and fine.
So it's not a matter of whether she has right to do so but she is privileged to do so.

The title of the article however is not misleading. It's a news caption that makes it irresistible for readers not to open.

"She ordered release of prisoners" is left for you to imagine what it could mean based on your perspective.
She can order their release given her position and the privilege she has because she cleared their debts and paid their fine.

I feel like I'm explaining stuff to children.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Maryam Tambuwal Pays Fine For The Release Of Prisoners, 30, In Sokoto (photos) by kokobi99: 11:08am On May 16, 2016
designexploit:

Guys, una don forget who dey power?

Nigeria will never stop to amaze me, a nice place for comedy show

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Buni, Malami, Emefiele To Confer With Buhari In UK / Satumari: North-East Will Vote For Northern Presidential Candidate / Bandits Now Demand Cooked Food As Ransom Because Of Hunger In Kaduna — Resident

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.