Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,145 members, 7,807,472 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:54 PM

UK Warns Buhari Against Military Action In Niger Delta - Vanguard - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / UK Warns Buhari Against Military Action In Niger Delta - Vanguard (30169 Views)

IGP Kicks Against Military Option In Benue, Says His Men Are On Ground / APC Reacts To Father Mbaka's Prophecies On Buhari Against 2019 Election / Militants Blow Up Two NPDC Pipelines In Delta - Vanguard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Warns Buhari Against Military Action In Niger Delta - Vanguard by peculyachi(f): 12:14pm On May 16, 2016
Eagul:

A wise man won't negotiate with terrorists.. Instead you set up appointment for them with their maker

Btw lemme ask Putin what he would av done to curb this.. Hang on pal

if u call a group of pple fighting for their rights terrorists, den u will agree with me that Mandela, martin Luther, and others who fought for the rights of the black community were terrorists....

3 Likes

Re: UK Warns Buhari Against Military Action In Niger Delta - Vanguard by mcgaius: 12:15pm On May 16, 2016
"Nigeria has moved in army reinforcements to hunt the militants but British Foreign Minister Philip Hammond said Buhari needed to the deal with the root causes because a military confrontation could end in “disaster”.

Na who carry meat na him dog dey follow.Once there is attack on Niger delta,there will emerge so many sympathizers who will take advantage of Niger Delta oil and side with them.PMB should realize the fact that if oil production is low,there might not be enough fund to rund the affairs of government let alone buying AK 47.A word is enough for the wise.
Re: UK Warns Buhari Against Military Action In Niger Delta - Vanguard by IAmTobore(m): 12:15pm On May 16, 2016
AdiscoPele:
The UK rep and Vanguard should STFU.

Are they not aware of what happened during Jona's regime?

With all the amnesty and pipeline protection contract give to the people of SS, who has it 'epped'.

You don't armtwist every government that comes to power for your own selfish interest.

What did asari do with all the money he got from the previous government? Build a university in Benin Republic.

What did tompolo do with his own share?

How about there grandpa clerk?

PMB should use everything within his power to stop those miscreants who wants money for themselves not the development of SS.
I think the government is handling the issue in a different manner. There is no need for amnesty programm. Just repair their communities. Ogoni is still there o, nothing has changed. If the government increase the people's standard of living, these millitant won't have subject of operation.

2 Likes

Re: UK Warns Buhari Against Military Action In Niger Delta - Vanguard by Ubenedictus(m): 12:20pm On May 16, 2016
junketer:
how about developing niger delta? How about making sure that the oil companies clean up after them and not contaminating the region? Have you seen the waters down there? Its really amazing that buhari is quick to dispatch the military to niger delta but has refused to do anything about the herdsmen killing humans. Buhari would rather protect pipelines than human beings. I weep for nigeria.
are u aware d govt just kicked off cleaning d eviroment in ogoni when these guys started? they dont want progress, they dnt want cleanup, if they did, they will be supporting d govt cleanup effort not poluting d enviroment more.
Re: UK Warns Buhari Against Military Action In Niger Delta - Vanguard by peculyachi(f): 12:22pm On May 16, 2016
abbey621:

Perhaps you were sleeping for the past 15 years? Boko Haram started out like the Avengers fighting for perceived injustice, it all escalated when their leader was killed and they turned into mad dogs!

perceived injustice? against who? against what? education....cos I know very well DAT bokoharam means education is a sin....or was the injustice to the muslims? cos they started by blowing up churches... pls put down ur sentiments and see things the way they really are....

1 Like

Re: UK Warns Buhari Against Military Action In Niger Delta - Vanguard by colli247(m): 12:24pm On May 16, 2016
engrfaruq:

And the army has the capacity to cripple their bloody asses
by crippling the economy aby u no get sense at all
Re: UK Warns Buhari Against Military Action In Niger Delta - Vanguard by chinchum(m): 12:29pm On May 16, 2016
Negotiating with terrorist is setting a wrong precedence. Let the battle reign jor.

There can be no end with negotiating with terrorist, and humans greed can not be satisfied. GEJ the son of the soil rewarded those criminals with mouth watering pipeline protection contracts, coupled with the amnesty package from the yaraduas regime, yet crude oil theft was at the highest in gej's regime, and there were several cases of pipeline vandalism.
Re: UK Warns Buhari Against Military Action In Niger Delta - Vanguard by samazagudu(m): 12:30pm On May 16, 2016
UK, please leave pmB alone.
Re: UK Warns Buhari Against Military Action In Niger Delta - Vanguard by marv1: 12:31pm On May 16, 2016
Who would u have prefered?
tomakint:
It is just a question of time before Nigerians realize the grave danger of voting in this vindictive dogonyaro who has remained perpetually insensitive to the plight of the masses......Iranu oshi. I only pity the foolish youths here who refused to get wiser as they grew older.
Re: UK Warns Buhari Against Military Action In Niger Delta - Vanguard by abbey621(m): 12:33pm On May 16, 2016
peculyachi:

perceived injustice? against who? against what? education....cos I know very well DAT bokoharam means education is a sin....or was the injustice to the muslims? cos they started by blowing up churches... pls put down ur sentiments and see things the way they really are....

You really don't know much about Boko Haram do you? You do know that they did not start out as Boko Haram? They started blowing up churches and government buildings when their members were killed which ultimately led to their leader's death! It's all there for you on the internet, only if you can do the research!!!

1 Like

Re: UK Warns Buhari Against Military Action In Niger Delta - Vanguard by eloks(m): 12:37pm On May 16, 2016
Goahead:
I just want Buhari to roll in tanks and other heavy military equipments into that swamp, or our already decapitated foot soldier to their suicide mission.

Over 100 soldiers died few months ago, but Buhari and his goons covered it under the rug.

Tanks don't roll on swamp. Neither does ""heavy equipments"".
Re: UK Warns Buhari Against Military Action In Niger Delta - Vanguard by Nobody: 12:41pm On May 16, 2016
rozayx5:

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/05/uk-warns-buhari-using-military-confrontation-in-niger-delta-could-end-in-disaster/
This man is a fool,so buhari should negotiate with the terrorist?
Because of the few criminals buhari. Should back down from crushing the terrorist,let us see how the avenger will be able to survive this.
Re: UK Warns Buhari Against Military Action In Niger Delta - Vanguard by Nobody: 12:42pm On May 16, 2016
frisky2good:
Buhari does not understand this country. Go to the Niger Delta and you will realize that the militants are not ghosts. Everyone knows them, even police men. It is very difficult to catch militants unawares in the creeks because everyone will see Naval patrol boats and alert the militants who will then blend into the community like regular citizens. We are ill equipped to fight them. Most of them move around without navigation gadgets while our navy personnel plot charts, GPS cordinates etc. Some of them can't even swim! Just get some of them, settle them and turn them against the others. Shikena. GEJ made sure Tompolo and Dokubo were well fed and those 2 in turn kept the boys in check. That's common sense. It will not cost up to 200 barrels value per day to keep everyone happy.

Common sense has become so uncommon for the present administration. Dialogue is the only option. The FG stands to lose more. Btw, they are fighting a just cause. 83 percent of oil blocs awarded to Northerners, what in God's name is that? The PIB lies docile at the National Assembly, hindered by the Northern oligarchy.This therefore comes as no surprise.

1 Like

Re: UK Warns Buhari Against Military Action In Niger Delta - Vanguard by GeneralShepherd(m): 12:51pm On May 16, 2016
madridguy:
Buhari, who has not commented about not visiting the Delta, has extended a multi-million dollar amnesty signed with militants in 2009 " but upset them by ending generous pipeline protection contracts". This is the real problem, the avengers don't need PMB to pay them a visit, all they need is free access to oyel and free flow of cash the way they're used to under their brother.

Try sleeping while oil rigs continually flare gas behind your window. Maybe then you'll earn the right to come back and criticise Niger Deltans.

I do not support millatancy and I condemn violence in its entirety. However, don't sit in the comforts of your house in Oshodi and cast aspersions on the people that have sacrificed their ancestral homes to fund your luxury!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: UK Warns Buhari Against Military Action In Niger Delta - Vanguard by allexy2: 12:54pm On May 16, 2016
Who the hell is UK to tell us how to handle our business

I am beginning to suspect that the UK might have a hand in the supply of weapons to this militant to add more to our problems.

UK should better chanel that warning towards handling immerse poverty in their country. The uk economy is in a total mess.
Re: UK Warns Buhari Against Military Action In Niger Delta - Vanguard by marv1: 12:55pm On May 16, 2016
What a pity. Nigeria has no future with this kind of comment from a youth like u. In a space of 8yrs asari dokubo and tompolo have turned billionaires at the expense of niger delta region and u are still defending them. U are now comparing asari dokubo, tompolo, nda millitants with Mandela and martin luther. What a gross error. Did u pass tru university at all?
peculyachi:

if u call a group of pple fighting for their rights terrorists, den u will agree with me that Mandela, martin Luther, and others who fought for the rights of the black community were terrorists....
Re: UK Warns Buhari Against Military Action In Niger Delta - Vanguard by peculyachi(f): 1:00pm On May 16, 2016
abbey621:

You really don't know much about Boko Haram do you? You do know that they did not start out as Boko Haram? They started blowing up churches and government buildings when their members were killed which ultimately led to their leader's death! It's all there for you on the internet, only if you can do the research!!!

OK! Mr....what was the reason for the perceived injustice? why did they change their name to bokoharam, if they changed their name and the new name wasn't in line with the old name, then they really had nothing to fight for...no focus...they had to hold on to a cause, hence they chosed the name "boko haram"...their leader was killed by Obasanjo....their target should have been the government...but y blow up churches and not mosques, why attack western education schools and not Islamic schools. and please if u do reply to this, I would like u to state their cause for all these, and why they changed to bokoharam...I want to know from you now and not from the Internet, just to be sure u know what you are saying.
Re: UK Warns Buhari Against Military Action In Niger Delta - Vanguard by peculyachi(f): 1:05pm On May 16, 2016
marv1:
What a pity. Nigeria has no future with this kind of comment from a youth like u. U are now comparing asari dokubo, tompolo, nda millitants with Mandela and martin luther. What a gross error. Did u pass tru university at all?

now! dont get me wrong....I didn't compare their personalities....I compared their actions....both set of pple fought against injustice. why tag them as terrorists.have you been to ogoni land? I Dnt think so...
Re: UK Warns Buhari Against Military Action In Niger Delta - Vanguard by peculyachi(f): 1:07pm On May 16, 2016
Ubenedictus:
are u aware d govt just kicked off cleaning d eviroment in ogoni when these guys started? they dont want progress, they dnt want cleanup, if they did, they will be supporting d govt cleanup effort not poluting d enviroment more.

dey kicked off clean up only on media, its nt really taking place....come to ogoniland and see for urself...
Re: UK Warns Buhari Against Military Action In Niger Delta - Vanguard by tonyxxx(m): 1:08pm On May 16, 2016
engrfaruq:

And the army has the capacity to cripple their bloody asses

How many countries have u seen,that uses the military to intimidate its own citizens?
Re: UK Warns Buhari Against Military Action In Niger Delta - Vanguard by abbey621(m): 1:09pm On May 16, 2016
peculyachi:

OK! Mr....what was the reason for the perceived injustice? why did they change their name to bokoharam, if they changed their name and the new name wasn't in line with the old name, then they really had nothing to fight for...no focus...they had to hold on to a cause, hence they chosed the name "boko haram"...their leader was killed by Obasanjo....their target should have been the government...but y blow up churches and not mosques, why attack western education schools and not Islamic schools. and please if u do reply to this, I would like u to state their cause for all these, and why they changed to bokoharam...I want to know from you now and not from the Internet, just to be sure u know what you are saying.

Are you serious? What you just wrote does not make sense? Boko Haram has attacked churches, mosques and even public places, they've killed Christians, Muslims and government officials! They do not discriminate! I'm sorry you don't want to learn from the internet but I am not your professor or tutor, I can only guide you to where the information is sourced. Go online and educate yourself please!
Re: UK Warns Buhari Against Military Action In Niger Delta - Vanguard by marv1: 1:14pm On May 16, 2016
When mandela was fighting injustice did he destroy the economy of SA? Did he kill any soul? Did he amass wealth after the struggle was won? Did he bring any negative repercusion on the people? The answer is NO. But terrorists or millitants or exmillitants do all these.
peculyachi:

now! dont get me wrong....I didn't compare their personalities....I compared their actions....both set of pple fought against injustice. why tag them as terrorists.have you been to ogoni land? I Dnt think so...
Re: UK Warns Buhari Against Military Action In Niger Delta - Vanguard by peculyachi(f): 1:23pm On May 16, 2016
abbey621:

Are you serious? What you just wrote does not make sense? Boko Haram has attacked churches, mosques and even public places, they've killed Christians, Muslims and government officials! They do not discriminate! I'm sorry you don't want to learn from the internet but I am not your professor or tutor, I can only guide you to where the information is sourced. Go online and educate yourself please!

lol.. if what I wrote doesn't make sense to you, den I Dnt get how u think....but definitely u do not think like an intelligent person....we all know the attacks on mosques and Muslim leaders by boko haram started bout last year......and is probably due to the fact that these pple were nt in support of them....but when the violence by Boko boys first started, they attacked churches, Christian wedding receptions e.t c...they discriminate... big time...I remember when they started attacking churches, my Muslim classmates were like "that serves dem right" .I v read from the internet, but I want to hear urs to ascertain the level of ur confusion....and no! u can't tutor me...cos I am far more intelligent Dan u are, dats if u are...
Re: UK Warns Buhari Against Military Action In Niger Delta - Vanguard by tonyxxx(m): 1:26pm On May 16, 2016
If mr p was wise he'lled take the advice of the u.k. The strongest countries in the world knows that when it comes to internal situation,war is neva the best answer because it brings about loss on both sides. Use force & ulled only end up making them heroes,dead or alive + u end up creating more enemies. Only by attending to the underlying issues,can lasting peace be achieved.

1 Like

Re: UK Warns Buhari Against Military Action In Niger Delta - Vanguard by peculyachi(f): 1:29pm On May 16, 2016
marv1:
When mandela was fighting injustice did he destroy the economy of SA? Did he kill any soul? Did he amass wealth after the struggle was won? Did he bring any negative repercusion on the people? The answer is NO. But terrorists or millitants or exmillitants do all these.

u want to compare buhari d dullard to the whites? d only sure way to this is violence... cos dats the only language the pple up north understand.....did Nnamdi KANU kill any soul? but yet he has been languishing in a Nigerian prison in Lagos...why is his trial been stalled....if he had tried to go through violence, do u think he would have been caught today? d Niger Delta Avengers are using a method that will yield positive result for them even if it means destroying the economy of Nigeria to bring attention to themselves
Re: UK Warns Buhari Against Military Action In Niger Delta - Vanguard by Ubenedictus(m): 1:31pm On May 16, 2016
peculyachi:

dey kicked off clean up only on media, its nt really taking place....come to ogoniland and see for urself...
It was supposed to bgin 3 wk from march 24, who will go there now the ND is unstable. if i was d one given d contract i will delay till d safty of life and equipment can b assured.
Re: UK Warns Buhari Against Military Action In Niger Delta - Vanguard by peculyachi(f): 1:36pm On May 16, 2016
Ubenedictus:
It was supposed to bgin 3 wk from march 24, who will go there now the ND is unstable. if i was d one given d contract i will delay till d safty of life and equipment can b assured.

excuse of life!!!...those bigots up der were playing politics with the whole tin
Re: UK Warns Buhari Against Military Action In Niger Delta - Vanguard by Nobody: 1:47pm On May 16, 2016
Words of the learned elder, but unfortunately our dullard Presido is a commando he no dey lisson to advise.
MODIFIED: I just dey come but I no be JJC! Even as I was not up to two days on these Forum, one yobish boy like that reported me, innocently O, and I was banned but am back, as for that yobish boy....

Re: UK Warns Buhari Against Military Action In Niger Delta - Vanguard by abbey621(m): 1:54pm On May 16, 2016
peculyachi:

lol.. if what I wrote doesn't make sense to you, den I Dnt get how u think....but definitely u do not think like an intelligent person....we all know the attacks on mosques and Muslim leaders by boko haram started bout last year......and is probably due to the fact that these pple were nt in support of them....but when the violence by Boko boys first started, they attacked churches, Christian wedding receptions e.t c...they discriminate... big time...I remember when they started attacking churches, my Muslim classmates were like "that serves dem right" .I v read from the internet, but I want to hear urs to ascertain the level of ur confusion....and no! u can't tutor me...cos I am far more intelligent Dan u are, dats if u are...

I know there are many kids here on Nairaland so I won't bother trying to educate your ignorant ass! Just to shut you up and show how ignorant you are, I've attached links which completely kills your theory. You can claim all the intelligence you want but it's clear to Nairalanders how foolish you truly are......drops mic!

April 2014:
http://www.quicknews-africa.net/boko-haram-kills-20-in-yobe-mosque/

July 2013:
http://www.informationng.com/2013/07/angry-mob-kills-3-suspected-boko-haram-members-in-failed-mosque-attack.html

9 Jan 2012: Boko Haram gunmen shoot dead a secret police operative along with his civilian friend as they leave a mosque in Biu, Borno State, 200km south of the state capital, Maiduguri.
30 Dec 2011: Four Muslim worshippers are killed in a BH bomb and shooting attack targeting a military checkpoint in Maiduguri as worshippers leave a mosque after attending Friday prayers.
4 September 2011: Muslim cleric Malam Dala shot dead by two BH members outside his home in the Zinnari area of Maiduguri.
http://thenationonlineng.net/timeline-of-boko-haram-attacks/
Re: UK Warns Buhari Against Military Action In Niger Delta - Vanguard by Nobody: 2:16pm On May 16, 2016
marv1:
You quoted him saying he compared militants with a President which was the product of your failure to comprehend his assertion, but you contradicted by being the one making the comparison when you tried to compare their differences of fighting injustice; by the way Mandela was a President who takes and makes decisions but Avengers re neglected people. Remind me the name of that your University again.

Re: UK Warns Buhari Against Military Action In Niger Delta - Vanguard by marv1: 2:19pm On May 16, 2016
Am shocked that u are still talking like this. What injustice are they fighting against? What selfish action are u talking about? Injustice they claimed they are fighting made asari dokubo and tompolo billionares in a space of 7yrs and u are still talking trash here. If nigerian youths continue to think like this. Nigeria is in a BIG trouble. Did mandela turn to billionaire overnight? When he was fighting did he destroy the economy of SA? Did he blow up any instalations of govt.? Did he build university for himself in SA or outside SA? Did he destroy people's businesses and gov projects? Did he kill people or business? Did marthin luther destroy properties? U can nt threaten FG with violence and get away with it. Globally investors are begining to run away from niger delta region because of insecurity. U can not use violence to accomplish anything good in that region.
peculyachi:

1 Like

Re: UK Warns Buhari Against Military Action In Niger Delta - Vanguard by Rexnegro(m): 2:23pm On May 16, 2016
madridguy:
Buhari, who has not commented about not visiting the Delta, has extended a multi-million dollar amnesty signed with militants in 2009 " but upset them by ending generous pipeline protection contracts". This is the real problem, the avengers don't need PMB to pay them a visit, all they need is free access to oyel and free flow of cash the way they're used to under their brother.

which is Not possible anymore at least for now

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

No INEC Officials Or Materials In Obasanjo’s Polling Unit (PHOTO) / APC Crisis: Governors Divided Over Next Party Chair / Subsidy Fraud: Ifeanyi Uba (Capital Oil) Must Repay N5 Billion Within 60 Days

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.