Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,461 members, 7,801,152 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 11:35 AM

Depiction Of Nigerians In "District 9" - TV/Movies (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Depiction Of Nigerians In "District 9" (20309 Views)

District 9 Video? / Time Magazine's Depiction Of Nollywood / District 9 Is An Insult To Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Depiction Of Nigerians In "District 9" by manny4life(m): 1:56am On Aug 27, 2009
Zulus:

I'm here because of your loud,arrogant mouths, I want to shut it, whiles we send you packing from SA. Scums.

Wow u gonna shut someone on their own forum, now that is something.
Re: Depiction Of Nigerians In "District 9" by Zulus: 2:05am On Aug 27, 2009
Oh yes, somebody told me to come see how Nigerians are running their mouths that they are the Giant of Africa and claiming everything good in Africa. That is not any where close to the truth. You guys are no where close to where your loud mouths can take you. I just want you to know there are better countries in Africa. Being populous and living like rats cannot make you a giant.
Re: Depiction Of Nigerians In "District 9" by Zulus: 2:19am On Aug 27, 2009
Your English is not good either. I'm ignoring your grammatical flops here so don't be over zealous. In anycase that is not important to me so I'll let you have a field day for now.
Re: Depiction Of Nigerians In "District 9" by manny4life(m): 2:21am On Aug 27, 2009
Zulus:

Oh yes, somebody told me to come see how Nigerians are running their mouths that they are the Giant of Africa and claiming everything good in Africa. That is not any where close to the truth. You guys are no  where close to where your loud mouths can take you. I just want you to know there are better countries in Africa. Being populous and living like rats cannot make you a giant.

You said

Oh yes, somebody told me to come see how Nigerians are running their mouths that they are the Giant of Africa [/b]and [b]claiming everything good in Africa.

More so it would assumed from this statement that Nigeria is recognized as the Giant of Africa and have claimed everything good which seems to me as a milestone for a country that have depicted negatively.

You guys are no  where close to where your loud mouths can take you

At least that's an achievement; its one thing to be loud and its another to be recognized as loud.

I just want you to know there are better countries in Africa. Being [b]populous [/b]and [b]living like rats [/b]cannot make you a giant.

No doubt that there are better countries but common comparing side to side, there is a huge difference. While I'm not disputing the fact about people living like rats, I would bet that in South Africa, there are more people who live like rats compared to Nigeria.

For the record, I recommend that you stop comparing Nigeria to South Africa because there is more than a lot difference and this is from economy to education to national wealth and reserves to healthcare rate and so on.
Re: Depiction Of Nigerians In "District 9" by adaku123(f): 2:23am On Aug 27, 2009
Zulus:

Oh yes, somebody told me to come see how Nigerians are running their mouths that they are the Giant of Africa and claiming everything good in Africa. That is not any where close to the truth. You guys are no  where close to where your loud mouths can take you. I just want you to know there are better countries in Africa. Being populous and living like rats cannot make you a giant.

U have to be Joking !!! Considering Its Like What Maybe Past 3am in SA!!! What You Are Sayin Is Dat You Came TO Tell Us >>>
That We (NIgerians) Are Not The Giants Of Africa by 3am in the morning on a Nigerian Forum AND DAT WE SHOULD SHUT OUR MOUTH ?
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Hisses----If you had a higher IQ you could have been a retard
Re: Depiction Of Nigerians In "District 9" by Radiant(f): 2:30am On Aug 27, 2009
We never like when people talk bad about us but yet we're the country's worst enemy. Funny beings.
Re: Depiction Of Nigerians In "District 9" by Zulus: 2:33am On Aug 27, 2009
No, No, No, manny4life,

Though SA also has its problems the vast majority of your ever increasing population of 150M people live like rats. Don't let the money flaunted by the few thieves and crooks get into your head.  I’ve been to Lagos, I know the life there and I’ll not live there for all the money in the world.
Re: Depiction Of Nigerians In "District 9" by igboboy1(m): 2:43am On Aug 27, 2009
Zulus:

No, No, No, manny4life,

Though SA also has its problems the vast majority of your ever increasing population of 150M people live like rats. Don't let the money flaunted by the few thieves and crooks get into your head.  I’ve been to Lagos, I know the life there and I’ll not live there for all the money in the world.

Ok Zulu now u shut the hell up, After we liberated your weak ass from the white men now u gon talk shit?

S.Africans are pussy. Why?

1.The last country in Africa to gain Independence. What does that say about you guys, No balls, The rest of us got it while back cos we dont play

2. You allowed the white man to inject u guys with aids, YOu effing pussy

3. The white man control your economy. Yes our economy is bleeped up, But hey Nigerians control it you fool

4. Nelson Mandela yes is a hero, But double crossed us (after we fought to liberate him) in the mid 1990s by joining the so called common wealth to sanction us because of ABACHA

5. You guys are being xenophobic to other Africans after we liberated your a$$

6. A whole priest is gay, i.e Desmond tutu, Go check his resume, he should stop posing as a priest, How can a priest and African for that matter clamour for homosexuality?

7. The only country in Africa to allow same sex marriage, Even in Europe that they are plenty, how many Europeans have same sex laws? This is truly UNAFRICAN, chineke me'

I dont even know who gave u a visa to land in Nigeria,
Re: Depiction Of Nigerians In "District 9" by Zulus: 2:48am On Aug 27, 2009
igbo boy,

You sound like a retard. Looks like you have shit for brains. grin
Re: Depiction Of Nigerians In "District 9" by igboboy1(m): 2:52am On Aug 27, 2009
Zulus:

igbo boy,

You sound like a retard. Looks like you have shit for brains. grin

^^^ Look who is talking , someone who licks the white mans balls, u second class citizen in your country, AIDS infested fool
Re: Depiction Of Nigerians In "District 9" by igboboy1(m): 2:54am On Aug 27, 2009
@ ZULU

Am proud to say in Nigeria that the white man knows who is the boss,

Na Niger Delta? Dem know wetin dey , if dey Bleep up see kidnapping

Na to win contracts for our country? Dem know to pay the correct bribe money if not, contrract would be revoked

But in South Africa the whites rule with impunity, using township illeterates like u as slave
Re: Depiction Of Nigerians In "District 9" by manny4life(m): 2:57am On Aug 27, 2009
Zulus:

No, No, No, manny4life,

No no no what?

You said I've been and not I live and I like to point that out, and when u went to Lagos, what year was this, when and where in Lagos did u stay at? If u visited Lagos, how can u determine the lifestyle of a Lagosian on a mere visit? That doesn't make any sense. I would assume that u stayed in the neglected part which SA is not excused either, Yes you visited Lagos, but guess what in SA, it ain't any better even in, U.S. Capital; Washington DC ain't all that when you visit N.E DC.

Look I argue with facts and yes Nigeria has 150 million citizens and South Africa 50 million people, mathematically and economically speaking backing my facts using both CIA World factbook and World Bank records, Nigeria is somewhat better South Africa both in Poverty and growth level.
Re: Depiction Of Nigerians In "District 9" by Zulus: 3:01am On Aug 27, 2009
igbo boy,

You sound like a 5 year old. Go to bed, ok.

'Na to win contracts for our country? Dem know to pay the correct bribe money if not, contrract would be revoked.' - Igbo Boy

And you are proud of your statement? I guess you know why I said you sound like an infant.

It's either you are on crack or you are a retard. Tell me what it is, maybe I can help your sorry ass.
Re: Depiction Of Nigerians In "District 9" by igboboy1(m): 3:03am On Aug 27, 2009
Zulus:

igbo boy,

You sound like a 5 year old. Go to bed, ok.

'Na to win contracts for our country? Dem know to pay the correct bribe money if not, contrract would be revoked.' - Igbo Boy

And you are proud of your statement? I guess you know why I said you sound like an infant.

It's either you are on crack or you are a retard. Tell me what it is, maybe I can help your sorry ass.

Help yourself by liberating your self from the whiteman in your country then maybe u would be qualified to help me,
Re: Depiction Of Nigerians In "District 9" by Zulus: 3:07am On Aug 27, 2009
Hehehehe grin grin grin grin

Ok, Igbo boy, i'm going to bed. I'll see you tomorrow. Love you. kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: Depiction Of Nigerians In "District 9" by igboboy1(m): 5:26am On Aug 27, 2009
angry am homophobic
Re: Depiction Of Nigerians In "District 9" by Nobody: 5:54am On Aug 27, 2009
Why is zulus going to bed now? Is he/she/it tired of shutting us up?
Igbo boy, manny & adaku, una do well. Zulus came here, to a national forum with the intention of shutting all of us up, alone. . .and still thinks he/she/it can tell another person that they sound like a 5yr old.
Re: Depiction Of Nigerians In "District 9" by fayahsoul: 6:15am On Aug 27, 2009
BEWARE: white south africans usually go around nigerian and SA forums disguised as black SA to spread enmity between nigerians and black SA.
Re: Depiction Of Nigerians In "District 9" by Se7nSwords: 8:27am On Aug 27, 2009
Hey pple, can't we all just get along? My own truth is this even if i just downloaded the movie and haven't really seen it but have peeked at snatches of it btw work-hours. But the few scenes i watched made me come to the conclusion that the story-line was unique and original. (an important ingredient that seems to be lacking in nollywood movies, whether we like it or not, thats a fact) and it was a great script, even with the bad portrayal of nigerians and all. Now, what i find curious is why of all the countries in the great continent of africa, ONLY Nigeria is singled out in the movie as a bunch of bloodthirsty, dubious, cannibals in the movie? Is it really because the movie had a south african director? or is it because that is how the rest of the world views us? I think rather than take offense at something that is not within our control (The RSA film industry), we should concentrate on what we can control (Nollywood) and project a better image of our country, warts and all. And as a passing shot, am i the only one who is embarrassed when Nollywood movies come up on cable tv? I think one terriblly scripted, horribly directed, and stupidly casted nollywood movie projects a more debilitating image of Nigeria than a thousand Ditrsict 9's.

We should look inwards, analyze things objectively and stop being offended by random criticisms from a single uninformed SA citizen.

SAFE, Y'all!!!!
Re: Depiction Of Nigerians In "District 9" by Nobody: 9:42am On Aug 27, 2009
Between RSA and maeden

you guys don't need to xtange words. For me, nollywood is not there yet, infact, three centuries backward. They [are not creative. After saying that, i dont see the reason why foriegners don't use Nigerian identity when portraying achievement, technology or bravery but for fraud, gangsterism, poverty or cannibalism (Dristrict 9), this is bad and unacceptable!.

We have our good sides too which can be used. Afterall, every country has her bad sides
Re: Depiction Of Nigerians In "District 9" by yoruba: 1:30pm On Aug 27, 2009
Reading the reviews from the film, there is alot of positive reviews infact some may say that its one the of the best sci-fi movies of all time. Im just proud that an african film(especially non-Hollywood) has made a huge success in the world grin
Re: Depiction Of Nigerians In "District 9" by Borat1: 1:36pm On Aug 27, 2009
*Belch*
Just fed full on some corpses i saw on the railside, grin
Re: Depiction Of Nigerians In "District 9" by theviper1: 2:07pm On Aug 27, 2009
VERY PAINFUL! for that pussy @zulus coming here to insult my nation.he claimed to have visited nigeria,bt i tell him that i lived in south africa and the areas that i lived in sa,in the nxt 20 yars,fear of the white folks will never allow him to have the dreams of living there. in soweto where that asshole lives,life is so hard that killings alone there in a week will never be recorded in nigeria in 2yrs.the zulus where he incidentally bears their name is one of the most horrible pple on earth. and he claims that cannibalism in an isolated incidence in sa? is he on drugs? am really sorry 4 him,bt for anyone who has been to sa and have seen what these bastards go through with white men,u´ll see that zulus and rsa are just farting from the mouth.it is the nigerian guys who went there and gave them balls big enough to even look a white man in the face and talk to him.mtn made more more in nigeria in one year more than it made in sa in all its wretched existence.if sa is the world,why are they exporting their goods to other african countries. zulus,am sure that if ur white master ever found out that u were on this forum,u ass will be whipped good. men with the mentality that raping a lil kid will cure aids are isolated cases as well? its not ur fault. u have neither liberty,culture nor language. u know that almost all black south africans speaks afrikaans cos u fools where force to forgo ur language and learn theirs.freedom is good and that is what gave u the balls to come here and shoot ur stinking mouth off.
Re: Depiction Of Nigerians In "District 9" by Borat1: 2:17pm On Aug 27, 2009
adaku123:

Hisses----If you had a higher IQ you could have been a retard

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Depiction Of Nigerians In "District 9" by Zulus: 2:58pm On Aug 27, 2009
I'm back, yawn, ,yawn, ,yawn, now lets get it on.

Borat,

Did you deep fry in palm oil. Any place you have a huge population cannibalism becomes very attractive.

Don't get mad at me, I didn't make this up. Savagery. I always knew the aggresive , confrontational and uncouth behaviour of the Nigerian has a root. There it is:

http://www.heretical.com/cannibal/nigeria.html

I have more information on cannibalism in Nigeria which will make the above look insignificant
Re: Depiction Of Nigerians In "District 9" by ThiefOfHearts(f): 3:04pm On Aug 27, 2009
The Aid infected Zulu is back

Hope you've taken your cocktail, or have you already raped your baby for today
Re: Depiction Of Nigerians In "District 9" by Borat1: 3:08pm On Aug 27, 2009
Zulus:

I'm back, yawn, ,yawn, ,yawn, now lets get it on.

Borat,

Did you deep fry in palm oil. Any place you have a huge population cannibalism becomes very attractive.

Don't get mad at me, I didn't make this up. Savagery. I always knew the aggresive , confrontational and uncouth behaviour of the Nigerian has a root. There it is:

http://www.heretical.com/cannibal/nigeria.html

I have more information on cannibalism in Nigeria which will make the above look insignificant

its ok to hide behind the computer and talk trash sometimes, cures boredom
Re: Depiction Of Nigerians In "District 9" by manny4life(m): 3:19pm On Aug 27, 2009
@Zulus or whatever u call yourself, don't u think it's about time that you back down because whatever you saying at this point doesn't really count. Note that you are on a Nigerian forum and its time you call a quit. Save your criticisms on RSA forum for those who really want it that is if you guys have one.
Re: Depiction Of Nigerians In "District 9" by morpheus24: 4:33pm On Aug 27, 2009
fayahsoul:

BEWARE: white south africans usually go around nigerian and SA forums disguised as black SA to spread enmity between nigerians and black SA.

I am agreeing with you on that. I even caught one on another board.

Please beware most SA that talk like this are either coloreds or disgruntled White south Africans who are looking for escape goats to blame their loss of power and prestige in the New South Africa.

On the other hand Zulu people are known as agitators when it comes to SA ethnic groups.
Re: Depiction Of Nigerians In "District 9" by annekix(m): 7:02pm On Aug 27, 2009
Guy's it's not just district 9, i played resident evil 4 on xbox 360 and it's set in nigeria wit flesh eating nigerian zombies and all also the currency of the money is in naira, and also remember xmen origins movie?
Re: Depiction Of Nigerians In "District 9" by ThiefOfHearts(f): 7:12pm On Aug 27, 2009
morpheus24:

I am agreeing with you on that. I even caught one on another board.

How did you figure it ourt
Re: Depiction Of Nigerians In "District 9" by morpheus24: 7:14pm On Aug 27, 2009
ThiefOfHearts:

How did you figure it ourt

His english is too good for a Zulu!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Eniola Badmus 'Ghetto Bred' Premiere (Photos) / Official Thread For Gotham Series / #bbnaija: I Have A Beautiful Relationship Outside The House - Cee-c

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.