Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,817 members, 7,806,296 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 02:17 PM

These Fascinating And Interesting Scenes Will Change How You Picture Our Past. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / These Fascinating And Interesting Scenes Will Change How You Picture Our Past. (20817 Views)

10 Powerful Quotes That Will Change the Way You Live and Think / Have You Seen These Collection Fascinating Images? / Extraordinary, Fascinating And Inspiring Facts About The Universe. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

These Fascinating And Interesting Scenes Will Change How You Picture Our Past. by Explorers(m): 9:57am On May 16, 2016
History is a very broad subject. Most of the time, it has to be broken up into several different classifications to make it more manageable. Since this topic is so broad, there is absolutely no way you can cover it all, especially not in great detail. But sometimes those details, the little fun facts are the most interesting things of all. That's why we went ahead and compiled a list of historical facts that your teachers probably failed to mention.

Source: http://www.viralnova.com/weird-history/

http://list25.com/25-strange-facts-from-history-you-probably-didnt-learn-in-school/

https://www.buzzfeed.com/mikespohr/51-historical-facts-that-are-totally-messed-up?_e_pi_=7%2CPAGE_ID10%2C9336137370

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: These Fascinating And Interesting Scenes Will Change How You Picture Our Past. by Explorers(m): 9:58am On May 16, 2016
1. Einstein could have been president.

Albert Einstein was offered a presidential seat in Israel. He declined.

30 Likes 4 Shares

Re: These Fascinating And Interesting Scenes Will Change How You Picture Our Past. by Explorers(m): 10:00am On May 16, 2016
2. Fingerprints.

These two men look nearly identical, they had the same name, and they were sent to the same prison. Before imprisonment, they had never met. They are the reason why fingerprints are now used to identify people.

52 Likes 11 Shares

Re: These Fascinating And Interesting Scenes Will Change How You Picture Our Past. by Explorers(m): 10:01am On May 16, 2016
3. The shortest war ever lasted less than an hour.

The Anglo-Zanzibar War lasted only 38 minutes, making it the shortest war in history.

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: These Fascinating And Interesting Scenes Will Change How You Picture Our Past. by ObiOkpor(m): 10:05am On May 16, 2016
No Nigerian politician alive,dead or yet unborn can do what Einsten did.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: These Fascinating And Interesting Scenes Will Change How You Picture Our Past. by Nobody: 10:07am On May 16, 2016
Explorers:
2. Fingerprints.

These two men look nearly identical, they had the same name, and they were sent to the same prison. Before imprisonment, they had never met. They are the reason why fingerprints are now used to identify people.

Carbon copy.

4 Likes

Re: These Fascinating And Interesting Scenes Will Change How You Picture Our Past. by Explorers(m): 10:36am On May 16, 2016
4. Muhammad Ali was the greatest boxer in history. Before he was Muhammad, he was Cassius Clay. This photo shows him training and posing underwater at the Sir John Hotel, Miami in 1961.

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: These Fascinating And Interesting Scenes Will Change How You Picture Our Past. by nwaanambra1(m): 10:39am On May 16, 2016
Explorers:
4. Anna Mae Dickinson must be the luckiest person ever.

This has to be the luckiest woman to ever live. Over the course of her life,[size=14pt] she survived the sinking of the Titanic[/size] and [size=14pt]the Lusitania[/size], the [size=14pt]Hindenburg explosion, the bombing of Pearl Harbor[/size], and the[size=14pt] terrorist attacks of September 11[/size], at which point her apartment was destroyed by the collapse of the World Trade Center. I think we've finally tracked down Lady Luck herself.

[size=13pt]in Nigeria she is a serious suspect and needs to be investigated! She be confirmed witch cheesy

na she dey cause all the calamities - if not tell me wetin carry ha go all the places wey the calamity wan happen? she just dey there to observe how many people wey she harvest their lives! cheesy[/size]

52 Likes 4 Shares

Re: These Fascinating And Interesting Scenes Will Change How You Picture Our Past. by kolajoo(m): 10:50am On May 16, 2016
Explorer again grin keep it coming bro.

I don reserved my seat
Re: These Fascinating And Interesting Scenes Will Change How You Picture Our Past. by Oche211(m): 11:04am On May 16, 2016
I am here nw. Abeg, iya zobo, give everybody here 1 bottle. Make explorer own 2 bottles. All bills on me

5 Likes

Re: These Fascinating And Interesting Scenes Will Change How You Picture Our Past. by Oche211(m): 11:05am On May 16, 2016
nwaanambra1:

[size=13pt]in Nigeria she is a serious suspect and needs to be investigated! She be confirmed witch cheesy

na she dey cause all the calamities - if not tell me wetin carry ha go all the places wey the calamity wan happen? she just dey there to observe how many people wey she harvest their lives! cheesy[/size]
i swear!!! Wetin carry her go all these places.

5 Likes

Re: These Fascinating And Interesting Scenes Will Change How You Picture Our Past. by Explorers(m): 11:07am On May 16, 2016
5. Grigori Rasputin endured multiple murder attempts in one day in 1916. He was shot, stabbed, and poisoned by numerous people, and he managed to survive. After all that, the cold waters of Russia are what eventually killed him.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: These Fascinating And Interesting Scenes Will Change How You Picture Our Past. by dyadeleye(m): 11:14am On May 16, 2016
If I no check explorer page everyday, which page I go come check?...respek bossman

2 Likes

Re: These Fascinating And Interesting Scenes Will Change How You Picture Our Past. by Oche211(m): 11:45am On May 16, 2016
amzee:
what's all dis na?
Re: These Fascinating And Interesting Scenes Will Change How You Picture Our Past. by Explorers(m): 11:54am On May 16, 2016
you dont need this bro, pls modify Thanks.
amzee
Re: These Fascinating And Interesting Scenes Will Change How You Picture Our Past. by HolyHero: 11:55am On May 16, 2016
[size=15pt]
educative and informative
[/size]

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: These Fascinating And Interesting Scenes Will Change How You Picture Our Past. by karferguso(m): 12:18pm On May 16, 2016
Well, it's Explorers again.
Re: These Fascinating And Interesting Scenes Will Change How You Picture Our Past. by MilesLamar(m): 12:19pm On May 16, 2016
We don show
Re: These Fascinating And Interesting Scenes Will Change How You Picture Our Past. by Adesiji77: 12:20pm On May 16, 2016
@Explorers: Following bumper to bumper

1 Like

Re: These Fascinating And Interesting Scenes Will Change How You Picture Our Past. by Explorers(m): 12:52pm On May 16, 2016
6. There was a giant Argentinian bird.

This bird is thought to be the largest bird ever to fly. It had a wingspan of roughly 21 feet, and it loomed over our planet approximately six million years ago.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: These Fascinating And Interesting Scenes Will Change How You Picture Our Past. by Explorers(m): 12:53pm On May 16, 2016
7. When we didn't have alarm clocks, we used "knocker-ups."

Before alarm clocks were invented, people were hired to shoot peasat workers' windows to wake them up for their shifts.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: These Fascinating And Interesting Scenes Will Change How You Picture Our Past. by Explorers(m): 12:54pm On May 16, 2016
8. The Guanajuato Mummies probably died horrible deaths.

Guanajuato Mummies are famous for being the most frightening mummies ever found. Their twisted, anguished expressions lead many to believe that they were buried alive.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: These Fascinating And Interesting Scenes Will Change How You Picture Our Past. by Explorers(m): 12:55pm On May 16, 2016
9. This is Laika, the first animal ever to be sent up into orbit. She was a Moscow stray before she was a Cosmonaut. Nobody expected her to survive the trip, and she didn’t. There’s now a monument erected to her in Moscow, of a dog standing on a rocket. 1957.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: These Fascinating And Interesting Scenes Will Change How You Picture Our Past. by Nobody: 1:03pm On May 16, 2016
I'm here. First time ever.
Re: These Fascinating And Interesting Scenes Will Change How You Picture Our Past. by dgr8truth(m): 1:06pm On May 16, 2016
Op please wait for me! I want to withdraw my last 3H from first bank so that I can buy 2litres fuel and charge my phone so that I can continue with your thread.

21 Likes

Re: These Fascinating And Interesting Scenes Will Change How You Picture Our Past. by whitecloth: 1:07pm On May 16, 2016
ObiOkpor:
No Nigerian politician alive,dead or yet unborn can do what Einsten did.
Bros, take it easy now, you can't just write off the generation yet unborn like that o.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: These Fascinating And Interesting Scenes Will Change How You Picture Our Past. by Explorers(m): 1:07pm On May 16, 2016
10. A river under Mexico ocean.

Cenotes are actually deep natural pits, or sinkholes, characteristic of Mexico, resulting from the collapse of limestone bedrock that exposes groundwater underneath. It is arguably the most unique formation of this kind, a thin layer of hydrogen sulfate separates the saltwater from the fresh water above it.

http://www.boredpanda.com/cenote-angelita-underwater-river-mexico/

9 Likes 5 Shares

Re: These Fascinating And Interesting Scenes Will Change How You Picture Our Past. by Explorers(m): 1:09pm On May 16, 2016
11. Officially, the longest war in history was between the Netherlands and the Isles of Scilly, which lasted from 1651 to 1986. There were no casualties.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: These Fascinating And Interesting Scenes Will Change How You Picture Our Past. by Explorers(m): 1:17pm On May 16, 2016
12. Ancient Egyptians used slabs of stones as pillows.

11 Likes 5 Shares

Re: These Fascinating And Interesting Scenes Will Change How You Picture Our Past. by Explorers(m): 1:20pm On May 16, 2016
13. At the start of World War I, the US Airforce (then a component of the US army) had only 18 pilots and 5 – 12 airplanes.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: These Fascinating And Interesting Scenes Will Change How You Picture Our Past. by YOUNGELDER1(m): 1:28pm On May 16, 2016
river under the ocean wow. shocked

9 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Unijos Admission Thread 2017/18 Academic Session / The Inside, Untold Story Of The 2017 JAMB Examination, By Reuben Abati / UNICAL Suspends Dean of Faculty of Law Over Alleged Rape Of Student

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.