Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,134 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:46 AM

UPDATED: How Tecno Scammed Us (Pix) - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / UPDATED: How Tecno Scammed Us (Pix) (5566 Views)

UPDATED:HOW TO BROWSE WITH THE GIVEN 4GB / UPDATED: How To Download Unlimitedly Using Glo 0.00kb Via Uc Browser Now Active / Updated : How To Download Youtube Videos(No Application Needed) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

UPDATED: How Tecno Scammed Us (Pix) by Enouwem(m): 10:18am On May 16, 2016
*Modified*
I've been told by Tecno to run another entry, that the competition is still on. They claim that they was a mistake with my details (which is not true).
Since I cannot kill myself, I've decided to run another entry just to see if they can keep to their promise.

What I need now is Facebook likes.
And I need your support.
To like my Facebook post and help me win, simply click on the Facebook link below. Thank you.

Source: https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1035172709886461&id=100001812256041

A trip to Paris,
A Boom j8 phone,
Or a Boom speaker.
I opted in to the competition, followed their instructions diligently and beg for likes from my friends and even from nairaland members.

You can read more about the competition here: http://www.tecno-mobile.com/boomj8paris/

Re: UPDATED: How Tecno Scammed Us (Pix) by Enouwem(m): 10:34am On May 16, 2016
I beg for likes on Facebook and I was able to achieve 222 Facebook likes (see pix below)

Re: UPDATED: How Tecno Scammed Us (Pix) by Enouwem(m): 10:38am On May 16, 2016
I kept waiting for when they'll announce the winners. But before they announced the winners, someone from tecno sent me a message that I have been shortlisted and that I should send her my Boom player id to her, which I did.

Re: UPDATED: How Tecno Scammed Us (Pix) by Enouwem(m): 10:45am On May 16, 2016
After some days, tecno released the names of their "shortlisted" winners on Facebook and I made the list.
They gave an instruction that the shortlisted winners should send in their details on or before Monday 9th May 2016.
I sent my details to them on that day they posted the message via their Facebook inbox and their email address.
I sent my details to them on the 7th of May 2016. (meaning, I sent it before the deadline).

Re: UPDATED: How Tecno Scammed Us (Pix) by Enouwem(m): 10:49am On May 16, 2016
Days passed and I didn't get any message or call from tecno. I kept on waiting and hoping that they'll announce the winners soon.
Last Saturday, Tecno released the list of final winners and my name wasn't there in the list. I was surprised and anxious to know why my name didn't make it to the list.
TECNO said that I didn't send in my details before the deadline. But I sent in my details before the deadline. Infact, I sent is as soon as they asked us to start sending our details.

Re: UPDATED: How Tecno Scammed Us (Pix) by blaquemyc: 10:52am On May 16, 2016
following
Re: UPDATED: How Tecno Scammed Us (Pix) by Enouwem(m): 10:59am On May 16, 2016
I was furious and annoyed because, I suffered to beg for those likes and I spent day and night making sure that I'll have the required Facebook likes to win in the competition.
I was furious because I fulfilled all the terms and conditions of the competition, yet I didn't win.

So I decided to message Tecno and asked them why I didn't win because I clearly fulfilled everything that they asked.
I sent countless messages to them via their email, their Facebook account and their twitter account but they didn't respond to me, they simply kept mute.
I would've said maybe they've not seen my message, but it's not true because their social media account is still active and they're still posting there.

Re: UPDATED: How Tecno Scammed Us (Pix) by Enouwem(m): 11:02am On May 16, 2016
That is the reason why I have decided to bring the matter to nairaland so that everyone can see and learn from it.
I have also received a lot of complaints from other people that this same thing has happened to them before from Tecno, and that they didn't get any help.

I don't want this to continue because it is injustice and it's not fair at all.

2 Likes

Re: UPDATED: How Tecno Scammed Us (Pix) by Enouwem(m): 11:04am On May 16, 2016
You might be wondering why I said "us" in the headline. Well, this is because there's another nairalander that is also in this same shoe and I'm sure that he'll like to post here too.

Lalasticlala and Seun, pls I'm begging you, give this thread the highest publicity that it needs.
Re: UPDATED: How Tecno Scammed Us (Pix) by Amabeast: 11:09am On May 16, 2016
All i can say is
No be by force to go Paris
In davido's voice

17 Likes

Re: UPDATED: How Tecno Scammed Us (Pix) by gustav25: 11:18am On May 16, 2016
This op ,are you so broke that loosing a competition to see Paris is giving you nightmares ? Don't go look for something tangible to make of your time and life ....RUBBISH

WHEN you were competing ,did you bring it to our notice ?x2 RUBBISH

4 Likes

Re: UPDATED: How Tecno Scammed Us (Pix) by kene05(m): 11:20am On May 16, 2016
I keep saying it, times without numbers, some of these promos are prearranged to boost their sales, i wouldn't be surprised if those other names on the list are their staffs... Just a make believe thingy.. Take heart man... Shit happens.....

9 Likes

Re: UPDATED: How Tecno Scammed Us (Pix) by lekjons(m): 11:21am On May 16, 2016
they did the same to me during their "future me" contest, they messaged me that they'll reward me and i should send my phone number, which i did immediately..

weeks passed, i didn't hear anything, i decided to remind them about their promise.. they said there must have been some mistakes, that they're sorry and i should send my number again. i did.

since then, nothing! they ignored all my messages till i finally gave up..

2 Likes

Re: UPDATED: How Tecno Scammed Us (Pix) by Enouwem(m): 11:30am On May 16, 2016
kene05:
I keep saying it, times without numbers, some of these promos are prearranged to boost their sales, i wouldn't be surprised if those other names on the list are their staffs... Just a make believe thingy.. Take heart man... Shit happens.....
It's OK.
Let everyone learn from this
Re: UPDATED: How Tecno Scammed Us (Pix) by Enouwem(m): 11:30am On May 16, 2016
lekjons:
they did the same to me during their "future me" contest, they messaged me that they'll reward me and i should send my phone number, which i did immediately..

weeks passed, i didn't hear anything, i decided to remind them about their promise.. they said there must have been some mistakes, that they're sorry and i should send my number again. i did.

since then, nothing! they ignored all my messages till i finally gave up..
Thank God people are coming out to tell their own story
Re: UPDATED: How Tecno Scammed Us (Pix) by GlorifiedTunde(m): 11:40am On May 16, 2016
Eeya, Pele. It can be very painful.

Just #Dab and forget grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: UPDATED: How Tecno Scammed Us (Pix) by Sunkyphil(m): 11:48am On May 16, 2016
Promo scamming people since 1860ad grin
Re: UPDATED: How Tecno Scammed Us (Pix) by Nobody: 11:48am On May 16, 2016
gustav25:
This op ,are you so broke that loosing a competition to see Paris is giving you nightmares ? Don't go look for something tangible to make of your time and life ....RUBBISH

smh foe you.
So he shouldnth complain abi? This is why we are like this in Nigeria. We take little thing for granted. No wonder our politician rides us.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: UPDATED: How Tecno Scammed Us (Pix) by Nobody: 11:48am On May 16, 2016
All the promo's them dey do 4 naija na pure scam.

1 Like

Re: UPDATED: How Tecno Scammed Us (Pix) by johnshagb(m): 11:52am On May 16, 2016
Take heart bro. Those names are made up with one or two actual winners. grin
Re: UPDATED: How Tecno Scammed Us (Pix) by Enouwem(m): 11:54am On May 16, 2016
TheSpecial0ne:
All the promo's them dey do 4 naija na pure scam.
I never knew
Re: UPDATED: How Tecno Scammed Us (Pix) by MilesLamar(m): 11:56am On May 16, 2016
Am not surprised you didn't win.. I mean dis nigga had to open a female account to scam for likes... God Catch am.

Hahahhaha Omo boiz wan go Paris grin
Re: UPDATED: How Tecno Scammed Us (Pix) by Enouwem(m): 11:57am On May 16, 2016
I forgot to say this.
Do you even know that I had more likes than the declared winners?

How can someone with 39 likes win someone with 200+ verified likes?

*see the pix of some of the winners below*

Re: UPDATED: How Tecno Scammed Us (Pix) by tundelis(m): 12:12pm On May 16, 2016
See Weytin Buhari don cause now effrinbodi firrin to go to Paris
Re: UPDATED: How Tecno Scammed Us (Pix) by lekjons(m): 12:20pm On May 16, 2016
gustav25:

uncle, receive sense na..

11 Likes

Re: UPDATED: How Tecno Scammed Us (Pix) by tempest01(m): 12:24pm On May 16, 2016
n
Re: UPDATED: How Tecno Scammed Us (Pix) by lekjons(m): 12:26pm On May 16, 2016
Enouwem:

Thank God people are coming out to tell their own story
yes oo.. who sent them to organise the contest

they're known for making sub-standard phones and we always manage them like that.. yet they'll press to extremes of scaming us with fake promos..

i hope lalasticlala push this to fp..
Re: UPDATED: How Tecno Scammed Us (Pix) by darealsola(m): 12:30pm On May 16, 2016
really lol.kindly wait for another week.wait 4 ur time
Re: UPDATED: How Tecno Scammed Us (Pix) by Xhaka(m): 1:34pm On May 16, 2016
Amabeast:
All i can say is
No be by force to go Paris
In davido's voice
Davido actually said dubai embarassed

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How You Can Differentiate Between 4G And 4G LTE Connectivity / How To Root Your Java Phone And Start Minimizing / How To Fix “unfortunately App Has Stopped Working” Problems On A Tecno Device

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.