Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,099 members, 7,807,299 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:02 PM

NEMA Officials At The Scene Of Ogun Building Collapse Today - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / NEMA Officials At The Scene Of Ogun Building Collapse Today (16966 Views)

Abuja Building Collapse: NEMA Calls Off Operation, Confirms 1 Dead, 6 Injured / Mother And Daughter Killed In Lagos Building Collapse / Amosun At The Scene Of Collapsed Shopping Complex In Abeokuta (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

NEMA Officials At The Scene Of Ogun Building Collapse Today by dainformant(m): 12:11pm On May 16, 2016
A 4 storey shopping plaza under construction collapsed at Itoku market, Odo Oyo quarter, Abeokuta, Ogun State around 9:20 a.m on Friday, 13 May, 2016. About 16 construction workers were trapped and were rescued alive but one died on the way to hospital. Here are photos of emergency officials at the site of the collapse this morning.

Source; http://www.nationalhelm.net/2016/05/photos-of-emergency-officials-at-scene.html

Re: NEMA Officials At The Scene Of Ogun Building Collapse Today by dainformant(m): 12:12pm On May 16, 2016
more

Re: NEMA Officials At The Scene Of Ogun Building Collapse Today by Firefire(m): 12:13pm On May 16, 2016
CCECC doing what at the scene please ?

Abi na dem dey build the structure ?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NEMA Officials At The Scene Of Ogun Building Collapse Today by ChangeIsCostant: 12:17pm On May 16, 2016
hope the fake construction company who built this would be held responsible
Re: NEMA Officials At The Scene Of Ogun Building Collapse Today by PrettyCrystal: 12:18pm On May 16, 2016
cheap materials used in building expensive projects. welcome to Nigeria

4 Likes

Re: NEMA Officials At The Scene Of Ogun Building Collapse Today by Nobody: 12:20pm On May 16, 2016
The rain has really being a quality test for many buildings in Abeokuta.

1 Like

Re: NEMA Officials At The Scene Of Ogun Building Collapse Today by SweetLove0(f): 2:30pm On May 16, 2016
ok
Re: NEMA Officials At The Scene Of Ogun Building Collapse Today by neolboy(m): 2:30pm On May 16, 2016
I pray that the protection of God will never leave us all our lives especially this rainy season IJN

3 Likes

Re: NEMA Officials At The Scene Of Ogun Building Collapse Today by Category1: 2:30pm On May 16, 2016
[size=13pt]Nigerians always building houses with cheap materials that's why our houses no dey last and dem too dey wor wor.... If u go to western countries, u will see houses built abt 100years ago still looking fresher than the slums we building today. angry[/size]

4 Likes

Re: NEMA Officials At The Scene Of Ogun Building Collapse Today by Nobody: 2:30pm On May 16, 2016
chai.. in this current state of economy.. what a huge loss
Re: NEMA Officials At The Scene Of Ogun Building Collapse Today by CACAWA(m): 2:30pm On May 16, 2016
Cheap labour

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NEMA Officials At The Scene Of Ogun Building Collapse Today by sundilazo(m): 2:31pm On May 16, 2016
D building dey collapse? Anyway happy bday to me!!!

3 Likes

Re: NEMA Officials At The Scene Of Ogun Building Collapse Today by Whizzdom(m): 2:31pm On May 16, 2016
The way House Developers and Contractors are building houses and plaza nowadays is very shocking.

They will use much Sand than Cement and also clumsy blocks that breaks whenever you carry it.

Who will be accountable for the lost victim of the tragic collapse, a victim that as a family at home.

Like my mom use to say "Ejo mbe lorun" meaning: Many conversation is going to be made in Heaven.

1 Like

Re: NEMA Officials At The Scene Of Ogun Building Collapse Today by vigilantee(m): 2:31pm On May 16, 2016
The construction company should be held responsible. Hope no life was lost
Re: NEMA Officials At The Scene Of Ogun Building Collapse Today by scholes0(m): 2:31pm On May 16, 2016
lol... spraying water now to a building that has collapsed since last friday?
The funniest part is that they won't be there on ground as at last week when the event actually occurred.
Re: NEMA Officials At The Scene Of Ogun Building Collapse Today by Nobody: 2:31pm On May 16, 2016
Interesting undecided
Re: NEMA Officials At The Scene Of Ogun Building Collapse Today by drejenny(m): 2:31pm On May 16, 2016
buildings are just collapsing up and down
Re: NEMA Officials At The Scene Of Ogun Building Collapse Today by edlion57(m): 2:32pm On May 16, 2016
Wait oooo.the water na to make it soft or wat lipsrsealed
Re: NEMA Officials At The Scene Of Ogun Building Collapse Today by jazinogold(m): 2:33pm On May 16, 2016
shocked
Re: NEMA Officials At The Scene Of Ogun Building Collapse Today by Nobody: 2:33pm On May 16, 2016
scholes0:
The funniest part is that they won't be there on ground as at last week when the event actually occurred.

blocks conserve heat.. you can't expect in there to be somewhat cool...

...Na fuel cause am

1 Like

Re: NEMA Officials At The Scene Of Ogun Building Collapse Today by oluwapoju(m): 2:34pm On May 16, 2016
Firefire:

dem be the main contractor for ogun state
Re: NEMA Officials At The Scene Of Ogun Building Collapse Today by Nobody: 2:34pm On May 16, 2016
ABA cement undecided

Because dangote cement don't crash cool
Re: NEMA Officials At The Scene Of Ogun Building Collapse Today by NwaNimo1(m): 2:34pm On May 16, 2016
No sniffer dogs like we see in developed countries searching for signs of life...

Also, no safety boots, no safety gloves, etc
Re: NEMA Officials At The Scene Of Ogun Building Collapse Today by hinohsend: 2:35pm On May 16, 2016
scholes0:

How were they able to rescue people if they werent on ground last week?

1 Like

Re: NEMA Officials At The Scene Of Ogun Building Collapse Today by ademoladeji(m): 2:37pm On May 16, 2016
Firefire:

As part of the rescue team
Re: NEMA Officials At The Scene Of Ogun Building Collapse Today by shomoyess(m): 2:37pm On May 16, 2016
They should tell us the full detail
Re: NEMA Officials At The Scene Of Ogun Building Collapse Today by omolola15(m): 2:39pm On May 16, 2016
Is today 13th?
Re: NEMA Officials At The Scene Of Ogun Building Collapse Today by LEXYCOM: 2:39pm On May 16, 2016
Y the spray of water? What the effect?
Re: NEMA Officials At The Scene Of Ogun Building Collapse Today by scholes0(m): 2:41pm On May 16, 2016
hinohsend:

How were they able to rescue people if they werent on ground last week?

mostly, it is everyday people like you and me who are the first responders on the scene of such events that dig people out.
Then emergency comes waaaaaaay later on the line.
Re: NEMA Officials At The Scene Of Ogun Building Collapse Today by calddon(m): 2:43pm On May 16, 2016
Sorry about the collapse. Abeg i no know about buildings o or emergency but why the waste of water on a building without fire? Just curious o
Re: NEMA Officials At The Scene Of Ogun Building Collapse Today by KENNSAMMY(m): 2:51pm On May 16, 2016
WHEN EVEN ARCHITECTS THEMSELVES ARE PATRONIZING QUACK STRUCTURAL ENGINEERS. I WONDER HOW SUCH FRONTIERS LIKE THAT IN THE BUILDING INDUSTRY WILL BE ABLE TO ADVICE THE NOVICE CLIENTS ARIGHT.

WHEN I WAS DOING MY IT, I REMEMBER HAVING TO FUNCTION AS AN ENGINEER WHO REDESIGNED AND SUPERVISED BECAUSE THE ARCHITECT HIMSELF PERMITTED THAT A QUACK/ DRAFTSMAN DESIGN THE RETAINING WALLS AND OTHER STRUCTURAL PARTS IN THE FIRST PLACE

WELL, IT GAVE ME AN OPPORTUNITY TO EXERCISE MY PROBLEM SOLVING TRAINING.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Things To Know Before You Hire An Architect In Nigeria / Hot Sale In Gwagwalada,abuja (pics attached) / DIY Thread - Homeowners And Supliers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.