Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,477 members, 7,808,741 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:07 PM

Should I Cancel My Marriage Plans - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should I Cancel My Marriage Plans (1272 Views)

'I Left My Marriage After My Wife Sat On Me And I Fainted' - Man Reveals. Photo / My Marriage Has Finally Ended / My Marriage On The Brink Of Crashing, Experienced People Needed Now. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Cancel My Marriage Plans by ilovemylife: 12:50pm On May 16, 2016
I met a guy of 31 through my elder sister , last year February. He started asking me out but because I just came out of a bad relationship, I told him that I am not yet ready to go into a relationship now but he hanged on until August, by then we a have become good friends and we started dating. But three months into the relationship I noticed that my boyfriend has a thing with a lady that stays in the same street with me, a lady I have known all my life cos we grew up together, I confronted him and he told me that it was just a Fling and nothing more, so I told him to please stop whatever he is doing with the girl because we know each other and he promised too. I trusted him to because I can't be going around checking up on a man old enough to take care of himself. So during his birthday this year, he told me the girl called him to wish him happy birthday and asked him hope she will be getting an invite for the party, so he asked him if he should invite her, I told him he can that I don't have a problem with that. So he invited her for the birthday party and she came for the party and my boyfriend introduced me to her as his girlfriend, in that same party my boyfriend gave me the surprise of my life when he asked me to marry him and I accepted. we are now planning for our traditional wedding which is coming up July but I was shock to find out that my husband to be is still sleeping with that same girl because I stumble on their whatsapp chat. I feel like my world is crashing before my very eyes, I am so confuse, what should I do. I haven't confronted him yet and I am not ready to because I don't want another series of lies and deceit. This is man that has taken very good care of my financial but what of emotional and again it's not all about money for me because I am not going to be a poor wife. Should I walk out of this relationship and cancel the wedding plans? I am so confused now, because if he truly loves me as he claims, he should be able to respect me, another question I wanted to ask him is this, why that lady.
Please nairalander what should I do, confront him or what, I haven't even discuss this with any of my family member. And since this incident I have been very down, so many thought has been crossing my mind.
NB: will be 27 by August
I posted this before in the romance section but someone advice I should post it here to get more matured advice
Re: Should I Cancel My Marriage Plans by Nobody: 1:06pm On May 16, 2016
They will close down this thread, you should have just called the mods if you wanted it to make FP
Re: Should I Cancel My Marriage Plans by PresVA: 1:19pm On May 16, 2016
ThankGod you saw it before you walked down the aisle...
Would you want to be with that sort of person forever? If No, then cancel or postpone the wedding. .

And yes, confront him 'maturely' concerning what you saw...

All the best..
Re: Should I Cancel My Marriage Plans by johnson232: 1:44pm On May 16, 2016
Suigeneris93:
They will close down this thread, you should have just called the mods if you wanted it to make FP
why did u say so?
Re: Should I Cancel My Marriage Plans by johnson232: 1:46pm On May 16, 2016
hmmm... this story get as e be...

how recent was the chat u saw?
Re: Should I Cancel My Marriage Plans by Timolanki(m): 2:23pm On May 16, 2016
Lets wait for d elders.
Re: Should I Cancel My Marriage Plans by misreal(m): 2:53pm On May 16, 2016
na buhari cause am jor
Re: Should I Cancel My Marriage Plans by ariyike23(f): 2:59pm On May 16, 2016
ilovemylife:
I met a guy of 31 through my elder sister , last year February. He started asking me out but because I just came out of a bad relationship, I told him that I am not yet ready to go into a relationship now but he hanged on until August, by then we a have become good friends and we started dating. But three months into the relationship I noticed that my boyfriend has a thing with a lady that stays in the same street with me, a lady I have known all my life cos we grew up together, I confronted him and he told me that it was just a Fling and nothing more, so I told him to please stop whatever he is doing with the girl because we know each other and he promised too. I trusted him to because I can't be going around checking up on a man old enough to take care of himself. So during his birthday this year, he told me the girl called him to wish him happy birthday and asked him hope she will be getting an invite for the party, so he asked him if he should invite her, I told him he can that I don't have a problem with that. So he invited her for the birthday party and she came for the party and my boyfriend introduced me to her as his girlfriend, in that same party my boyfriend gave me the surprise of my life when he asked me to marry him and I accepted. we are now planning for our traditional wedding which is coming up July but I was shock to find out that my husband to be is still sleeping with that same girl because I stumble on their whatsapp chat. I feel like my world is crashing before my very eyes, I am so confuse, what should I do. I haven't confronted him yet and I am not ready to because I don't want another series of lies and deceit. This is man that has taken very good care of my financial but what of emotional and again it's not all about money for me because I am not going to be a poor wife. Should I walk out of this relationship and cancel the wedding plans? I am so confused now, because if he truly loves me as he claims, he should be able to respect me, another question I wanted to ask him is this, why that lady.
Please nairalander what should I do, confront him or what, I haven't even discuss this with any of my family member. And since this incident I have been very down, so many thought has been crossing my mind.
NB: will be 27 by August
I posted this before in the romance section but someone advice I should post it here to get more matured advice

i pmed you,try to reply,i wanna tell you something,but i cant ere.
Re: Should I Cancel My Marriage Plans by TooNoisy(f): 3:04pm On May 16, 2016
If I were you I will call off the wedding. If you go ahead with it and he continues after marriage, you can't blame him too much.

His heart is not completely with you. Just two months to the marriage and he is still sleeping around? God revealed his real identity to you. Now use you brain!

4 Likes

Re: Should I Cancel My Marriage Plans by ilovemylife: 3:15pm On May 16, 2016
ariyike23:

i pmed you,try to reply,i wanna tell you something,but i cant ere.
Can you drop ur digits lemme call you
Re: Should I Cancel My Marriage Plans by ariyike23(f): 3:17pm On May 16, 2016
ilovemylife:

Can you drop ur digits lemme call you

.im taking it off in 3 mins..pls quote me immediately u c it
Re: Should I Cancel My Marriage Plans by ilovemylife: 3:18pm On May 16, 2016
johnson232:
hmmm... this story get as e be...

how recent was the chat u saw?
I stumbled on it last week
He happened to be asking her to come around the spend night and is early this month.
And she did come around
Re: Should I Cancel My Marriage Plans by ilovemylife: 3:19pm On May 16, 2016
ariyike23:

.im taking it off in 3 mins..pls quote me immediately u c it
Done
Re: Should I Cancel My Marriage Plans by ariyike23(f): 3:21pm On May 16, 2016
ilovemylife:

Done

aiit dear.... yu can call anytime,or watsapp me...
Re: Should I Cancel My Marriage Plans by byvan03: 4:13pm On May 16, 2016
The truth is that he will certainly continue no matter what he says now. Mind you that there is no happily ever after with a cheating man.
Re: Should I Cancel My Marriage Plans by Kimoni: 4:28pm On May 16, 2016
Cancel it; a broken relationship is better than a broken marriage.
Re: Should I Cancel My Marriage Plans by Nobody: 4:38pm On May 16, 2016
Na normal tin. D nxt man u meet might be worse. Igboro is nt smiling
Re: Should I Cancel My Marriage Plans by Dyt(f): 5:05pm On May 16, 2016
sage50:
Na normal tin. D nxt man u meet might be worse. Igboro is nt smiling

Wow
Re: Should I Cancel My Marriage Plans by raumdeuter: 5:48pm On May 16, 2016
Please cancel the wedding o

Before you come back here to start cussing all men

2 Likes

Re: Should I Cancel My Marriage Plans by jashar(f): 6:38pm On May 16, 2016
Hmmm.....

But the signs are there. Do you need a soothsayer?
Re: Should I Cancel My Marriage Plans by yunglivochi(m): 9:58pm On May 16, 2016
undecided hmm eleyi gidi gan ooo
Re: Should I Cancel My Marriage Plans by yunglivochi(m): 9:59pm On May 16, 2016
undecided hmm eleyi gidi gan ooo
#d mata is a dilemma
bt op do confront him wit ur evidence first
Re: Should I Cancel My Marriage Plans by Saraha1(f): 10:07pm On May 16, 2016
This is how it ususally start oh.
Sister you are in the best position to decide your next line of action.

Best of luck
Re: Should I Cancel My Marriage Plans by Nobody: 10:46pm On May 16, 2016
You already know what to do, but sadly we all know you're gonna go ahead and marry him, after all you're thinking it's a normal thing for guys, but nope it's not. All the best
Re: Should I Cancel My Marriage Plans by misreal(m): 10:54pm On May 16, 2016
Suigeneris93:
hm
Re: Should I Cancel My Marriage Plans by presentley: 11:40pm On May 16, 2016
ariyike23:

aiit dear.... yu can call anytime,or watsapp me...
abi you are the lady ni?
Re: Should I Cancel My Marriage Plans by Onegai(f): 8:27am On May 17, 2016
You know, if things go south after marriage and you come back here to complain (Even if you hide behind a new moniker), do you know the first thing everyone will ask you?

"Did you are any signs of this behaviour before marriage?"

Let that sink in...
Re: Should I Cancel My Marriage Plans by harbeordune(f): 9:25am On May 17, 2016
The handwriting is on the wall. BOLDLY!!!

(1) (Reply)

Tips On How To Care For Your Baby / 12 Innocent Lies That Moms Use For Their Children To Get Through The Day / Message To My Future Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.