Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,043 members, 7,799,526 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 11:58 PM

For The Sake Of The Kids And Future Generation - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / For The Sake Of The Kids And Future Generation (2997 Views)

What Pastors Go Through For Members Sake / The Solar Eclipse, The Blood Moon, This Generation, And The Coming Of Christ / A Letter To My Future Generation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

For The Sake Of The Kids And Future Generation by spicyuzo(m): 6:28pm On May 16, 2016
So I was about leaving the chapel earlier on today and then I saw this spectacle.

These kids were kneeling before a statue of our lady of Perpetual Help, making their sincere prayers. I was moved, The little girl was slightly audible, I was tempted to eavesdrop.

These kids were on their way back from school and decided to make a stop at the chapel for a prayer session.

Dear God, Even if for the sake of the innocent kids and the unborn generation, Please save our country Nigeria and make us great. Amen

The purported knowledgeable folks have successfully made a mess our precious country.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: For The Sake Of The Kids And Future Generation by Nobody: 7:39pm On May 16, 2016
Oh my, look at the OP, a mere man, not half as compassionate as the bible God, yet, seeing these innocent children praying, fills him with intense emotion. Had it been OP had the power, he would alleviate the suffering in his country, just for the sake of these little ones.

But yet, why doesn't God who is 10 times more compassionate than the OP listen to the cries of these children?

Oh, silly me, what am I even saying? I forgot God enjoys watching kids die. So obviously, this means nothing to him. grin

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: For The Sake Of The Kids And Future Generation by taurus25(m): 11:03pm On May 16, 2016
sometimes i wish god exists

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: For The Sake Of The Kids And Future Generation by amicable09(f): 6:51am On May 17, 2016
Decker:
Oh my, look at the OP, a mere man, not half as compassionate as the bible God, yet, seeing these innocent children praying, fills him with intense emotion. Had it been OP had the power, he would alleviate the suffering in his country, just for the sake of these little ones.

But yet, why doesn't God who is 10 times more compassionate than the OP listen to the cries of these children?

Oh, silly me, what am I even saying? I forgot God enjoys watching kids die. So obviously, this means nothing to him. grin
Mmmh, Decker you strong o! Lol.
Obviously, this means nothing to you too. How can you begin to reason like this? You ask why God doesn't listen to the cries of those little children and I ask you, 'is God deaf?'

It is clear that he listens and he has heard them.
A story is told of a little boy who prayed everyday for the mountain at the back of their house obstructing his view of the beautiful beach other kids could see from their own homes and he prayed everyday for months that the mountain be moved and cast into the sea like the bible says. Every time he said the prayer, it was as if the mountain grew bigger and of course by human wisdom he was wasting his time and people just dismissed his prayer request like it was nothing but a child making a wish.

But guess what!? The following year, the government decided to level that area where the mountain stood and the place was made plain.

That, is a prayer answered!
Those kids too will have their prayer answered because God has heard them. Man's wisdom is foolishness to God. He'll certainly preserve and make them great.
Re: For The Sake Of The Kids And Future Generation by amicable09(f): 6:52am On May 17, 2016
taurus25:
Every time I wish you LIVE and stop existing.
Re: For The Sake Of The Kids And Future Generation by Brigance(m): 7:50am On May 17, 2016
taurus25:
I honestly do wish too.
Re: For The Sake Of The Kids And Future Generation by Nobody: 9:45am On May 17, 2016
amicable09:

Mmmh, Decker you strong o! Lol.
Obviously, this means nothing to you too. How can you begin to reason like this? You ask why God doesn't listen to the cries of those little children and I ask you, 'is God deaf?'

It is clear that he listens and he has heard them.
A story is told of a little boy who prayed everyday for the mountain at the back of their house obstructing his view of the beautiful beach other kids could see from their own homes and he prayed everyday for months that the mountain be moved and cast into the sea like the bible says. Every time he said the prayer, it was as if the mountain grew bigger and of course by human wisdom he was wasting his time and people just dismissed his prayer request like it was nothing but a child making a wish.

But guess what!? The following year, the government decided to level that area where the mountain stood and the place was made plain.

That, is a prayer answered!
Those kids too will have their prayer answered because God has heard them. Man's wisdom is foolishness to God. He'll certainly preserve and make them great.

Yea, yea, the same old story about the child who prayed for a mountain to be removed so he could get a better view of the beach. I also read that story in one of them christian books about the power of faith.

Now, I would like to point out two things from that story. First of all, the fact that the mountain was removed wasn't actually a product of prayer, it was purely a product of chance. The time taken for the prayer to be supposedly answered, better supports my position. If God actually answered the boy's prayer, then why wasn't the mountain removed immediately he prayed. Why did God have to wait a whole year to answer the prayer? You see how you attribute random results of chance to your prayers being answered? Obviously the mountain was situated in an area that served as a modern habitation for people, and as such, was a form of obstruction to view and movement, so it's removal was always imminent. Whether or not anyone prayed, it would still have been removed.

Secondly, this story to a large extent, questions the priorities of God. Obviously as at the time the boy was praying that the mountain be removed, some other children were praying that he provide them food to eat, but God rather used his infinite powers of mind control to compel the government to remove the mountain, but couldn't provide food for the hungry children who later starved to death. Amazing!

Great question you asked. Is God deaf? Telling me that he is deaf would be a more reasonable answer than telling me he actually hears prayers, because at least that would posit a sensible reason as to why prayers don't get answered. But if he is actually hears prayers, then why doesn't he answer? Doesn't he care? Come on, look around you, people who pray to him for protection and provision still suffer at the hands of accidents, sickness and hunger everyday. You said he has heard and listened to the prayers of these little children in the OP. So if he has, why hasn't the situation of things in the country changed? Why are things still growing worse?

And how come God has all the power but he can't alleviate suffering? Even if not that of grown adults, what about that of children? You are a lady, if you had the power to remedy the sad condition of children all around sub saharan Africa and the middle east, who die everyday from diseases and hunger, wouldn't you? Of course you would. But God doesn't seem to give a damn, even if they pray to him. Wow! Doesn't that bother you?

4 Likes

Re: For The Sake Of The Kids And Future Generation by amicable09(f): 11:10am On May 17, 2016
Decker:

Yea, yea, the same old story about the child who prayed for a mountain to be removed so he could get a better view of the beach. I also read that story in one of them christian books about the power of faith.

Now, I would like to point out two things from that story. First of all, the fact that the mountain was removed wasn't actually a product of prayer, it was purely a product of chance. The time taken for the prayer to be supposedly answered, better supports my position. If God actually answered the boy's prayer, then why wasn't the mountain removed immediately he prayed. Why did God have to wait a whole year to answer the prayer? You see how you attribute random results of chance to your prayers being answered? Obviously the mountain was situated in an area that served as a modern habitation for people, and as such, was a form of obstruction to view and movement, so it's removal was always imminent. Whether or not anyone prayed, it would still have been removed.

Secondly, this story to a large extent, questions the priorities of God. Obviously as at the time the boy was praying that the mountain be removed, some other children were praying that he provide them food to eat, but God rather used his infinite powers of mind control to compel the government to remove the mountain, but couldn't provide food for the hungry children who later starved to death. Amazing!

Great question you asked. Is God deaf? Telling me that he is deaf would be a more reasonable answer than telling me he actually hears prayers, because at least that would posit a sensible reason as to why prayers don't get answered. But if he is actually hears prayers, then why doesn't he answer? Doesn't he care? Come on, look around you, people who pray to him for protection and provision still suffer at the hands of accidents, sickness and hunger everyday. You said he has heard and listened to the prayers of these little children in the OP. So if he has, why hasn't the situation of things in the country changed? Why are things still growing worse?

And how come God has all the power but he can't alleviate suffering? Even if not that of grown adults, what about that of children? You are a lady, if you had the power to remedy the sad condition of children all around sub saharan Africa and the middle east, who die everyday from diseases and hunger, wouldn't you? Of course you would. But God doesn't seem to give a damn, even if they pray to him. Wow! Doesn't that bother you?
Lol. It doesn't bother me in the way you just painted it.

You see, God is no magician and he is not bound by the laws of time. He makes ALL things beautiful in HIS time, not our time. If I have the power to end world hunger, I will do that without hesitating but I don't have the power to do that. We cannot also blame God for hunger in sub Saharan Africa and the death of children who die as a result of hunger, it's nothing new under the sun. Children died in Egypt when the Israelites were slaves there and he still brought them out of bondage into the promised land.

Often times our problem is impatience with God and of course, our supposed wisdom making us go ahead of him. In the beginning, this wasn't so. It wasn't God's design for children to be born and have no clean water, count the number of flowing Rivers in Eden. There were trees too for food. There was everything essential for man to live in Paradise but when the first man couldn't keep to a simple instruction, we all got doomed. However, being the loving and caring God, he made provision (like a way of escape) for mankind. If you are being true to yourself you'll admit that he's good, he is not the cause of the world's problems, he still gives bread to the eater and seed to the sower. He gives rain in season and he blesses everyone irrespective of his faith.

Over to the little boy, I am not surprised that you attribute an answered prayer to Chance. It is a deliberate effort on your part to make faith look like a game of chance. It isn't. A boy prayed, God used the government in power to bring about the result he wanted. I should ask now, if it was a mere act of chance, why do we have a child in the picture of the story praying? It should have just happened without any utterance of prayer and I would also have agreed with you that it was just chance at play.

Why wasn't the answer immediate? The answer came at the perfect time. It's not the urgency of the answer that matters but the prayer being answered in the best time. Lazarus died, before his death Jesus was called to heal him but he didn't show up until the guy died. Why? To show that he is the resurrection and the Life!.

Forgive my biblical examples, I used them because I know you have read the bible cover to cover. *smiles.
Re: For The Sake Of The Kids And Future Generation by ValentineMary(m): 12:30pm On May 17, 2016
Decker:

Na Dekatron be this?
Re: For The Sake Of The Kids And Future Generation by ValentineMary(m): 12:32pm On May 17, 2016
Product of child indoctrination

3 Likes

Re: For The Sake Of The Kids And Future Generation by Nobody: 1:44pm On May 17, 2016
amicable09:

Lol. It doesn't bother me in the way you just painted it.

You see, God is no magician and he is not bound by the laws of time. He makes ALL things beautiful in HIS time, not our time. If I have the power to end world hunger, I will do that without hesitating but I don't have the power to do that. We cannot also blame God for hunger in sub Saharan Africa and the death of children who die as a result of hunger, it's nothing new under the sun. Children died in Egypt when the Israelites were slaves there and he still brought them out of bondage into the promised land.

Often times our problem is impatience with God and of course, our supposed wisdom making us go ahead of him. In the beginning, this wasn't so. It wasn't God's design for children to be born and have no clean water, count the number of flowing Rivers in Eden. There were trees too for food. There was everything essential for man to live in Paradise but when the first man couldn't keep to a simple instruction, we all got doomed. However, being the loving and caring God, he made provision (like a way of escape) for mankind. If you are being true to yourself you'll admit that he's good, he is not the cause of the world's problems, he still gives bread to the eater and seed to the sower. He gives rain in season and he blesses everyone irrespective of his faith.

Over to the little boy, I am not surprised that you attribute an answered prayer to Chance. It is a deliberate effort on your part to make faith look like a game of chance. It isn't. A boy prayed, God used the government in power to bring about the result he wanted. I should ask now, if it was a mere act of chance, why do we have a child in the picture of the story praying? It should have just happened without any utterance of prayer and I would also have agreed with you that it was just chance at play.

Why wasn't the answer immediate? The answer came at the perfect time. It's not the urgency of the answer that matters but the prayer being answered in the best time. Lazarus died, before his death Jesus was called to heal him but he didn't show up until the guy died. Why? To show that he is the resurrection and the Life!.

Forgive my biblical examples, I used them because I know you have read the bible cover to cover. *smiles.

Of course, God is no magician, but yet you claim he is all powerful and can do all things. Magic, according to google, is the power of apparently influencing the course of events by using mysterious or supernatural forces. If I am not mistaken, this definition exemplifies the persona of God. The bible says God works in mysterious ways and he has the power to change the course of nature.
So it's safe to say that God is a magician, after all, his pastors who are inspired by him, perform their "magic" everyday in churches.

What's your definition of God's Time? Does his actions exist outside the concept of space and time within our universe? If it doesn't, then what's the point of living your life to please and reverence him, according to our own concept of time, which he exists outside of.

And does God really make everything beautiful? Because all through my years on this earth I have seen more of ugliness in the world than beauty. When exactly does God's own time collide with ours?

Exactly. You would take away suffering if you could, but God has the power, yet, he doesn't want to. Does that mean you are more compassionate and caring than God. If you are, then why serve something that is devoid of empathy and sympathy? If he doesn't care about those who are suffering, then why are you certain he even gives a fucck about you?

Really? We shouldn't blame the hunger on God? Then who should we blame it on? The fact that you are comfortable that God allows death and suffering to flourish on earth while he sits on his throne and listens to the exaltation from his band of angels, scares me. Amicable, are you really human? grin

Lol. Again with the funny creation story. Sigh. God is all knowing right? That means he sees the end from the beginning. He clearly knew what would happen to mankind if he created them and put them in the garden with the tempting tree, and the evil serpent who he created, yet he want ahead to do it. What this means is that the so called downfall of man is totally his fault. Not only did he put things in place for that to happen, he also allowed it to. Which means it's completely his fault. The suffering and all.
God must be really sadistic I must say. He already saw the suffering that was to come to the world, but he wanted to view it in 3D. grin

Haha. God used the government to fulfill the child fantasy of seeing the beach from his room, yet he couldn't use the same government to effect change that would affect larger number of suffering, hungry people in many positive ways.

See, that example you gave can be likened to a child praying for rain. Definitely, rain would eventually fall, whether or not anyone prays, but because a child was on his knees praying for rain to fall, and rain finally did, doesn't mean anyone answered the child's prayer.

Again, the removal of that mountain from the area was imminent, cause clearly, it was a form of obstruction. I am sure the boy wasn't the only one who wanted the mountain removed. I am sure other people did, and unlike the boy, they didn't sit in their rooms praying to a non existent being to remove the mountain, they must have sent petitions to the government to do something.
That's where you Christians get it wrong. God doesn't do jack. He doesn't give you jobs. If he actually does, then all you have to do is pray, then sit and wait in your apartment and a letter of appointment would be delivered to you. You have to send letters of application and you get called up for the interview and if you are lucky, you get picked. If you get the job, it's cause you worked hard for it, not because you prayed. Lol. After all, people who pray still don't get jobs, and what annoys me is that when they finally get jobs, they say it's Gods time. Why do you attribute every good thing that happens to you to God, but when bad things happen, you try to make excuses for God and blame yourselves. It's quite sad.

So your point is that God allows bad stuff to happen so that he would show men the magnificence of his power? Wow. What a narcissistic, self obsessed God, who craves exaltation even at the expense of the lives of people. For you to be comfortable serving such a sadistic being, makes me question your personality and sense of morality. Sorry to say.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: For The Sake Of The Kids And Future Generation by Nobody: 1:58pm On May 17, 2016
ValentineMary:

Na Dekatron be this?

No, this is decker.
Re: For The Sake Of The Kids And Future Generation by taurus25(m): 4:35pm On May 17, 2016
amicable09:
Every time I wish you LIVE and stop existing.
sorry wat do u mean? undecided
Re: For The Sake Of The Kids And Future Generation by amicable09(f): 4:38pm On May 17, 2016
Decker:

Of course, God is no magician, but yet you claim he is all powerful and can do all things. Magic, according to google, is the power of apparently influencing the course of events by using mysterious or supernatural forces. If I am not mistaken, this definition exemplifies the persona of God. The bible says God is works in mysterious ways and he has the power to change the course of nature.
So it's safe to say that God is a magician, after all, his pastors who are inspired by him, perform their "magic" everyday in churches.

What's your definition of God's Time? Does his actions exist outside the concept of space and time within our universe? If it doesn't, then what's the point of living your life to please and reverence him, according to our own concept of time, which he exists outside of.

And does God really make everything beautiful? Because all through my years on this earth I have seen more of ugliness in the world than beauty. When exactly does God's own time collide with ours?

Exactly. You would take away suffering if you could, but God has the power, yet, he doesn't want to. Does that mean you are more compassionate and caring than God. If you are, then why serve something that is devoid of empathy and sympathy? If he doesn't care about those who are suffering, then why are you certain he even gives a fucck about you?

Really? We shouldn't blame the hunger on God? Then who should we blame it on. The fact that you are comfortable that God allows death and suffering to flourish on earth while he sits on his throne and listens to the exaltation from his band of angels, scares me. Amicable, are you really human? grin

Lol. Again with the funny creation story. Sigh. God is all knowing right? That means he sees the end from the beginning. He clearly knew what would happen to mankind if he created them and put them in the garden with the tempting tree, and the evil serpent who he created, yet he want ahead to do it. What this means is that the so called downfall of man is totally his fault. Not only did he put things in place for that to happen, he also allowed it to. Which means it's completely his fault. The suffering and all.
God must be really sadistic I must say. He already saw the suffering that was to come to the world, but he wanted to view it in 3D. grin

Haha. God used the government to fulfill the child fantasy of seeing the beach from his room, yet he couldn't use the same government to effect change that would affect larger number of suffering, hungry people in many positive ways.

See, that example you gave can be likened to a child praying for rain. Definitely, rain would eventually fall, whether or not anyone prays, but because a child was on his knees praying for rain to fall, and rain finally did, doesn't mean anyone answered the child's prayer.

Again, the removal of that mountain from the area was eminent, cause clearly, it was a form of obstruction. I am sure the boy wasn't the only one who wanted the mountain removed. I am sure other people did, and unlike the boy, they didn't sit in their rooms praying to a non existent being to remove the mountain, they must have sent petitions to the government to do something.
That's where you Christians get it wrong. God doesn't do jack. He doesn't give you jobs. If he actually does, then all you have to do is pray, then sit and wait in your apartment and a letter of appointment would be delivered to you. You have to send letters of application and you get called up for the interview and if you are lucky, you get picked. If you get the job, it's cause you worked hard for it, not because you prayed. Lol. After all, people who pray still don't get jobs, and what annoys me is that when they finally get jobs, they say it's Gods time. Why do you attribute every good thing that happens to you to God, but when bad things happen, you try to make excuses for God and blame yourselves. It's quite sad.

So your point is that God allows bad stuff to happen so that he would show men the magnificence of his power? Wow. What a narcissistic, self obsessed God, who craves exaltation even at the expense of the lives of people. For you to be comfortable serving such a sadistic being, makes me question your personality and sense of morality. Sorry to say.
Lol. Really? Decker you make me laugh! Now I don't even know where to start from with you.

Uhm... There is a very thin line separating Miracle from Magic and what we have in Christendom experientially is the former. You may want to consult Google again.

Then God's time is the best Decker. I'm tempted to ask what led to your disbelief in God because really in your mind of minds you know He's the good big guy and something tells me it's because you felt your prayer for a particular thing wasn't answered. But the truth is this, He gives us the answer that's best for us.

About God knowing the end from the beginning, yea, he does. He knew the first man was going to disobey and that's why sending the man out of the garden didn't take him another 'process of creation', he didn't need to create a new place but a place outside of the garden was already prepared for man's survival.

Every single day, God provides daily bread for helpless children all around the world through governmental organizations and NGOs including individuals. Nothing stops you from also channeling part of his blessings to you to a hungry family. Here on Earth, we are the God most people will need to see. When Elisha made a prophesy that by this time tomorrow or so a barrel of fine flour will be sold at a very low price, a guy publicly mocked the prophecy. It happened like the Prophet declared but the man didn't live to eat of it. What do you have to say to that?

It will cost God nothing to turn the price of oil around overnight. It will cost him nothing to end world hunger. It will cost him nothing to answer prayers prayed for the wrong reasons. It will not cost him anything to do your wish so you can believe in him but he won't do it your way. He has his style planned already, to show his wonders.

1 Like

Re: For The Sake Of The Kids And Future Generation by amicable09(f): 4:45pm On May 17, 2016
taurus25:

sorry wat do u mean? undecided
Lol.
I mean there is God and he more than exist. You need to operate on the same level with him, which is beyond merely existing.

1 Like

Re: For The Sake Of The Kids And Future Generation by taurus25(m): 5:18pm On May 17, 2016
amicable09:

Lol.
I mean there is God and he more than exist. You need to operate on the same level with him, which is beyond merely existing.
lol grin ...on this basis gods can never proven...since his existence is perceived subjectively.....ya know wink

1 Like

Re: For The Sake Of The Kids And Future Generation by orunto27: 7:20pm On May 17, 2016
Dear God, Please make us truely Righteous before You. Amen
Re: For The Sake Of The Kids And Future Generation by amicable09(f): 8:35pm On May 17, 2016
taurus25:

lol grin ...on this basis gods can never proven...since his existence is perceived subjectively.....ya know wink
Lol. When I'm ready for you, I'll come back to disprove his nonexistence.

But until then, read the bible well for defense because I know that's what you'll need to try to counter every proof.
Re: For The Sake Of The Kids And Future Generation by Nobody: 8:57pm On May 17, 2016
amicable09:

Lol. Really? Decker you make me laugh! Now I don't even know where to start from with you.

Uhm... There is a very thin line separating Miracle from Magic and what we have in Christendom experientially is the former. You may want to consult Google again.

Then God's time is the best Decker. I'm tempted to ask what led to your disbelief in God because really in your mind of minds you know He's the good big guy and something tells me it's because you felt your prayer for a particular thing wasn't answered. But the truth is this, He gives us the answer that's best for us.

About God knowing the end from the beginning, yea, he does. He knew the first man was going to disobey and that's why sending the man out of the garden didn't take him another 'process of creation', he didn't need to create a new place but a place outside of the garden was already prepared for man's survival.

Every single day, God provides daily bread for helpless children all around the world through governmental organizations and NGOs including individuals. Nothing stops you from also channeling part of his blessings to you to a hungry family. Here on Earth, we are the God most people will need to see. When Elisha made a prophesy that by this time tomorrow or so a barrel of fine flour will be sold at a very low price, a guy publicly mocked the prophecy. It happened like the Prophet declared but the man didn't live to eat of it. What do you have to say to that?

It will cost God nothing to turn the price of oil around overnight. It will cost him nothing to end world hunger. It will cost him nothing to answer prayers prayed for the wrong reasons. It will not cost him anything to do your wish so you can believe in him but he won't do it your way. He has his style planned already, to show his wonders.

If God's own time for performing his Godly duties to his believers isn't determinant on their sufferings and cry for help in extremely hard conditions, then it means it's not actually the best time. For something to be the best, it should favor everyone, or at least a large percentage of people, but God's best time only favors himself, because like you said, he does it to show mankind his magnificence.

Sorry dear, there is no where in my mind of minds that gives me affirmation that God is the good guy, because my mind draws affirmation from facts these facts are formed from critical examination of ideas or belief systems, which also include the foundation for these belief systems. And on the aspect of christianity, the foundation for their belief is the bible, and through a thorough cross examination of the biblical description of God, and the evidence of his actions, I came to a conclusion that he isn't good, but terribly bad. Hence the bible is flawed. This is one of the things that led to my new belief.

You see why prayer is wishful thinking. You wish for something that has a 50% chance of happening. When it doesn't, you create the idea that God has a reason for it not happening, and when it happens, you attribute it to God granting the wish.

No. No. The place outside the garden was going to birth more sin, strife, and suffering, so why did he create such a place as a solution to something he could actually evade? The key to a better existence and relationship with man would have been to not put the tree of knowledge in the garden in the first place. What was the essence of doing that? Was all this a game to God? It's just like you can see into the future and you have a vision that a friend of yours would be involved in an accident in your car, and yet, you still give him your car keys. Why didn't you just tell him to use public transportation? And when he has an accident and is incapacitated for life, you spend money in providing him with a wheel chair? Does this make any sense. That's exactly what God did.

No, those NGO aren't used by God, they are people like you and I, who unlike God, looked at the suffering of their fellow humans and deviced a solution to alleviate their suffering.

That story of Elisha illustrates the wickedness and disregard for the life of their fellow humans by God's prophets.
According to that scripture, Elisha killed the man just because he didn't agree with his belief. Do you deem that man's death as justified? Everyone should have his own right to his beliefs. No one should be killed because he doesn't buy into a certain system of belief. It was the same Elisha that sent beasts to kill children just because they laughed at his bald head. What gruesome form of wickedness.

If it will cost him nothing, then why doesn't he just do it. My problem with your position is that you are actually supporting Gods obvious lack of sympathy and empathy for his suffering creations. If you were attending an important job interview and you were late, and you saw your daughter suffer a serious injury, you'd be moved by compassion and you will take her to the hospital, even if you'd miss the interview, but God would rather allow the girl suffer in pain and probably bleed to death, because he has something better he wants to achieve, which is more important than the life of his own child.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: For The Sake Of The Kids And Future Generation by taurus25(m): 9:04pm On May 17, 2016
amicable09:

Lol. When I'm ready for you, I'll come back to disprove his nonexistence.

But until then, read the bible well for defense because I know that's what you'll need to try to counter every proof.
lol.....if whats written in a book is enough to prove something/someones existence, i hope u do know where we would be headed
Re: For The Sake Of The Kids And Future Generation by amicable09(f): 6:41am On May 18, 2016
taurus25:

lol.....if whats written in a book is enough to prove something/someones existence, i hope u do know where we would be headed
Lol. It goes beyond what is written in a book, it is an experience, a lifestyle, it is who we are.

Were you born into a Christian family? So I'll have an idea of what I'll be saying to you so you don't get lost by my words. You have once read the bible right?

If you have, at what point did you stop believing in God?
If you haven't, what religion do you practice?
Re: For The Sake Of The Kids And Future Generation by SujiAndrew(m): 6:45am On May 18, 2016
We have had to fight on this for centuries; do you think ladies have roles to play in pulpit ministry?
This blog will clarify all your doubts regarding this topic.
http://www.sujiandrewsblog.tk/2016/04/do-ladies-have-place-in-pulpit-ministry.html
Be blessed as you read in the name of our lord Jesus Christ!

Re: For The Sake Of The Kids And Future Generation by amicable09(f): 7:04am On May 18, 2016
Decker:

If God's own time for performing his Godly duties to his believers isn't determinant on their sufferings and cry for help in extremely hard conditions, then it means it's not actually the best time. For something to be the best, it should favor everyone, or at least a large percentage of people, but God's best time only favors himself, because like you said, he does it to show mankind his magnificence.

Sorry dear, there is no where in my mind of minds that gives me affirmation that God is the good guy, because my mind draws affirmation from facts these facts are formed from critical examination of ideas or belief systems, which also include the foundation for these belief systems. And on the aspect of christianity, the foundation for their belief is the bible, and through a thorough cross examination of the biblical description of God, and the evidence of his actions, I came to a conclusion that he isn't good, but terribly bad. Hence the bible is flawed. This is one of the things that led to my new belief.

You see why prayer is wishful thinking. You wish for something that has a 50% chance of happening. When it doesn't, you create the idea that God has a reason for it not happening, and when it happens, you attribute it to God granting the wish.

No. No. The place outside the garden was going to birth more sin, strife, and suffering, so why did he create such a place as a solution to something he could actually evade? The key to a better existence and relationship with man would have been to not put the tree of knowledge in the garden in the first place. What was the essence of doing that? Was all this a game to God? It's just like you can see into the future and you have a vision that a friend of yours would be involved in an accident in your car, and yet, you still give him your car keys. Why didn't you just tell him to use public transportation? And when he has an accident and is incapacitated for life, you spend money in providing him with a wheel chair? Does this make any sense. That's exactly what God did.

No, those NGO aren't used by God, they are people like you and I, who unlike God, looked at the suffering of their fellow humans and deviced a solution to alleviate their suffering.

That story of Elisha illustrates the wickedness and disregard for the life of their fellow humans by God's prophets.
According to that scripture, Elisha killed the man just because he didn't agree with his belief. Do you deem that man's death as justified? Everyone should have his own right to his beliefs. No one should be killed because he doesn't buy into a certain system of belief. It was the same Elisha that sent beasts to kill children just because they laughed at his bald head. What gruesome form of wickedness.

If it will cost him nothing, then why doesn't he just do it. My problem with your position is that you are actually supporting Gods obvious lack of sympathy and empathy for his suffering creations. If you were attending an important job interview and you were late, and you saw your daughter suffer a serious injury, you'd be moved by compassion and you will take her to the hospital, even if you'd miss the interview, but God would rather allow the girl suffer in pain and probably bleed to death, because he has something better he wants to achieve, which is more important than the life of his own child.
*smiling*
... In a world that only shouts, all Decker needs is a whisper. Tell me about your new found belief. The one you see as perfect after all the facts according to you are accurate. I want to show you that it is drawn from Christian faith. Let me hear it.

Also, Elisha didn't kill that dude, read it again. See how the guy sneered when a prophesy was uttered, such unbelief in an arrogant way. Elisha only spoke a word, 'your eyes will see it but you will not taste of it'. That is not killing, dude should have apologized or sth but didn't.

God doesn't delight in killing people otherwise, we would all have been dead and gone, but we are all still here.

I want to hear about your belief. Place all your cards on the table let me see.
Re: For The Sake Of The Kids And Future Generation by Nobody: 9:14am On May 18, 2016
amicable09:

*smiling*
... In a world that only shouts, all Decker needs is a whisper. Tell me about your new found belief. The one you see as perfect after all the facts according to you are accurate. I want to show you that it is drawn from Christian faith. Let me hear it.

Also, Elisha didn't kill that dude, read it again. See how the guy sneered when a prophesy was uttered, such unbelief in an arrogant way. Elisha only spoke a word, 'your eyes will see it but you will not taste of it'. That is not killing, dude should have apologized or sth but didn't.

God doesn't delight in killing people otherwise, we would all have been dead and gone, but we are all still here.

I want to hear about your belief. Place all your cards on the table let me see.

That's actually a line from the Passenger song- Whisper. He is one of the best song writers we have today.

Elisha killed the dude. Telling the man his eyes would see it but his mouth won't taste, is an indirect way of telling him he would die, because he didn't agree with his belief. That's not just an abuse of power, but a total disregard for human life. If the man would have seen it and tasted it, he would have believed and also shared his belief with his friends and family, but killing him didn't solve anything. It's ignorance, foolishness and wickedness on the part of Elisha. The man could have had a family, a wife and kids. But that didn't bother Elisha. He was just following in the footsteps of his cruel master, God.

What kind of God uses his prophets to kill people who don't agree with his word? Shouldn't everyone have their free will, to choose what to and to not believe in? When you threaten them with death, then it's no longer free will, but force.

Why should he apologize for not buying into someone else's belief? The fact that you are a Christian means that you discarded over 2000 other beliefs in the world and clinged on to Christianity. But do you go around apologizing for not agreeing to their belief? No. So why should the man have apologized?

God actually delights in killing people, both men, women and children. Read the first five books of the scripture. It's all there. Not just that, he also enjoys allowing people die, which is evident in our world today. He loves watching as his creations suffer, while he does nothing and still expects them to worship him in their suffering, while promising them of a better life after they die, where they will still worship him forever Lol. Talk about the self obsession and total lack of compassion.

I don't believe in the existence of God and his purpose for creating humanity, as described in fallible tales and concocted ideas, written by ignorant men, that form the bed rock for Religious belief.

And using Christianity as a catchall, it made me realize how over the years, men have used various religious beliefs, most of them with borrowed facets from preceding ones, to fill up the spaces of their ignorance. Not only are these beliefs rationally flawed, they are purely products of assumption, without any evidencial backbone.

I belief in science, because the foundation for science, isn't mere assumption, like religion is, but proof. Proof drawn from observation and critical examination. Proof is what religion lacks. All religion does is feed humans with baseless ideas that sink them in a pool of ignorance and superstition. Religion claims it's the truth, but it's all lies. The fact that every religion has their own explanation for creation and mankind's purpose and his journey after death, is full confirmation that it's all bullcrap, and no different from disney tales.

Science is what has brought us this far. Left to religion, we would have still be wallowing in the sticky mud of societal retrogression and mental stagnation.

I belief in humanity. I believe in making the best of now. I believe in making the world I live in a better place for me and for humans like me. I don't need to do all that because of a promise of an eternal reward or a fear of punishment, I do it cause I can see the positive impact on the lives of others. The universe is a colossal place, and I live in just a minute section of it. I shouldn't think the universe revolves around me, because of the words of some ancient books. I believe my existence is a gift and I will use it to make the best of the segment of the universe which I exist in.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: For The Sake Of The Kids And Future Generation by hahn(m): 9:37am On May 18, 2016
spicyuzo:
So I was about leaving the chapel earlier on today and then I saw this spectacle.

These kids were kneeling before a statue of our lady of Perpetual Help, making their sincere prayers. I was moved, The little girl was slightly audible, I was tempted to eavesdrop.

These kids were on their way back from school and decided to make a stop at the chapel for a prayer session.

[size=30pt]Dear God, Even if for the sake of the innocent kids and the unborn generation, Please save our country Nigeria and make us great. Amen[/size]

The purportedly knowledgeable folks have successfully made a mess our precious country.

Re: For The Sake Of The Kids And Future Generation by amicable09(f): 1:07pm On May 18, 2016
Decker:

That's actually a line from the Passenger song- Whisper. He is one of the best song writers we have today.

Elisha killed the dude. Telling the man his eyes would see it but his mouth won't taste, is an indirect way of telling him he would die, because he didn't agree with his belief. That's not just an abuse of power, but a total disregard for human life. If the man would have seen it and tasted it, he would have believed and also shared his belief with his friends and family, but killing him didn't solve anything. It's ignorance, foolishness and wickedness on the part of Elisha. The man could have had a family, a wife and kids. But that didn't bother Elisha. He was just following in the footsteps of his cruel master, God.

What kind of God uses his prophets to kill people who don't agree with his word? Shouldn't everyone have their free will, to choose what to and to not believe in? When you threaten them with death, then it's no longer free will, but force.

Why should he apologize for not buying into someone else's belief? The fact that you are a Christian means that you discarded over 2000 other beliefs in the world and clinged on to Christianity. But do you go around apologizing for not agreeing to their belief? No. So why should the man have apologized?

God actually delights in killing people, both men, women and children. Read the first five books of the scripture. It's all there. Not just that, he also enjoys allowing people die, which is evident in our world today. He loves watching as his creations suffer, while he does nothing and still expects them to worship him in their suffering, while promising them of a better life after they die, where they will still worship him forever Lol. Talk about the self obsession and total lack of compassion.

I don't believe in the existence of God and his purpose for creating humanity, as described in fallible tales and concocted ideas, written by ignorant men, that form the bed rock for Religious belief.

And using Christianity as a catchall, it made me realize how over the years, men have used various religious beliefs, most of them with borrowed facets from preceding ones, to fill up the spaces of their ignorance. Not only are these beliefs rationally flawed, they are purely products of assumption, without any evidencial backbone.

I belief in science, because the foundation for science, isn't mere assumption, like religion is, but proof. Proof drawn from observation and critical examination. Proof is what religion lacks. All religion does is feed humans with baseless ideas that sink them in a pool of ignorance and superstition. Religion claims it's the truth, but it's all lies. The fact that every religion has their own explanation for creation and mankind's purpose and his journey after death, is full confirmation that it's all bullcrap, and no different from disney tales.

Science is what has brought us this far. Left to religion, we would have still be wallowing in the sticky mud of societal retrogression and mental stagnation.

I belief in humanity. I believe in making the best of now. I believe in making the world I live in a better place for me and for humans like me. I don't need to do all that because of a promise of an eternal reward or a fear of punishment, I do it cause I can see the positive impact on the lives of others. The universe is a colossal place, and I live in just a minute section of it. I shouldn't think the universe revolves around me, because of the words of some ancient books. I believe my existence is a gift and I will use it to make the best of the segment of the universe which I exist in.

Oh! Nice lyric there, I should probably check that out sometime.

Ok, that italicized part saying 'Proof is what religion lacks' is incorrect. To start with, let me borrow the words of james in the bible who said, 'True and Pure religion... is this, to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself unspotted'. Permit me to say at this point that this is what you do and call yourself a believer in humanity meanwhile this is just a side of what Christianity fully portray. You kind of sieved the whole grain and decided to make do with 'chaff' (for want of better word, I used that). Why not embrace the whole stuff?

Christianity in its entirety and not religion as a part this time, is full of infallible proofs.
Proof that there is God.
Proof that he created the world by the word of his mouth.
Proof that he is love personified.
Proof that the first five books of the bible- Pentateuch, symbolizes God's grace, goodness and favour. Let me also add Mercy!

Check this out, a people you created went into captivity and you brought them out of bondage, while taking them into the promised land flowing with milk and honey. On their way to this said land, they start whining and murmuring and comparing where you are taking them to with the place where they ate cucumbers and onion and worked their lives out as slaves, yet God provided water from the rock for this same bickering lot. When serpents began to bite them, he still made provision for their healing, he could have said, 'Good opportunity for this people to fizzle out!'but guess what? He didn't.

There are proofs. Many, from Genesis to Revelation and science can't even fault the proofs. You need a sign? There are many.
Decker, he's very compassionate really. We are just a bunch of unfaithful and impatient creation but his love covers our multitude of sin. As humanitarian as we are, if the fellow you are trying to help messes with you, that's the end of it. We'll angrily pull away but he's forgiving. Personally, the fact is we are beneficiaries of his goodness. Hezekiah was to die but he prayed to God and the number of his years was lengthened. Why do you pick on Elisha for cautioning a man who was ill mannered? Some people's mistakes were allowed so we can learn from them. Ananias and his wife Sapphira had to die so others in the early church will learn that telling a lie was a grievous sin and put others under control as well. Some of these measures are to checkmate our excesses as humans so we don't abuse his compassion really.
Re: For The Sake Of The Kids And Future Generation by Nobody: 2:11pm On May 18, 2016
amicable09:

Oh! Nice lyric there, I should probably check that out sometime.

Ok, that italicized part saying 'Proof is what religion lacks' is incorrect. To start with, let me borrow the words of james in the bible who said, 'True and Pure religion... is this, to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself unspotted'. Permit me to say at this point that this is what you do and call yourself a believer in humanity meanwhile this is just a side of what Christianity fully portray. You kind of sieved the whole grain and decided to make do with 'chaff' (for want of better word, I used that). Why not embrace the whole stuff?

Christianity in its entirety and not religion as a part this time, is full of infallible proofs.
Proof that there is God.
Proof that he created the world by the word of his mouth.
Proof that he is love personified.
Proof that the first five books of the bible- Pentateuch, symbolizes God's grace, goodness and favour. Let me also add Mercy!

Check this out, a people you created went into captivity and you brought them out of bondage, while taking them into the promised land flowing with milk and honey. On their way to this said land, they start whining and murmuring and comparing where you are taking them to with the place where they ate cucumbers and onion and worked their lives out as slaves, yet God provided water from the rock for this same bickering lot. When serpents began to bite them, he still made provision for their healing, he could have said, 'Good opportunity for this people to fizzle out!'but guess what? He didn't.

There are proofs. Many, from Genesis to Revelation and science can't even fault the proofs. You need a sign? There are many.
Decker, he's very compassionate really. We are just a bunch of unfaithful and impatient creation but his love covers our multitude of sin. As humanitarian as we are, if the fellow you are trying to help messes with you, that's the end of it. We'll angrily pull away but he's forgiving. Personally, the fact is we are beneficiaries of his goodness. Hezekiah was to die but he prayed to God and the number of his years was lengthened. Why do you pick on Elisha for cautioning a man who was ill mannered? Some people's mistakes were allowed so we can learn from them. Ananias and his wife Sapphira had to die so others in the early church will learn that telling a lie was a grievous sin and put others under control as well. Some of these measures are to checkmate our excesses as humans so we don't abuse his compassion really.

Yep. Passenger composes great lyrics. You should not just checkout the song, you should also checkout the Whisper album. It's amazing.

There are good sides to every Religion, every religious doctrine supports a certain kind of moral code, but the mistake Religious adherents as yourself make is that you think religion is needed for the maintenance of such moral ethics, and that such principles are totally dependent on religion. That's not true. I can be of service to humanity, but I shouldn't do it because I follow the system of belief of some Religious book. I will be of service to humanity because I have a conscience and I can see the result of my service; that it betters the life of others and it makes my environment a better place to live in.

And please, when I refer to Religion, I am referring to the believe in a God, and living life based on the principles of such God, which is written in holy book that forms the basis of such belief.

Because Christianity teaches about service to humanity doesn't make it right in all it's entirety and doesn't mean I should submit myself to it's doctrines just because of that.
If you are served a bowl of rice and you notice that a large part of the rice is infested with dead cockroaches, would you still eat the other part of the rice that isn't infested with dead cockroaches? Of course not. That's the way it is with Christianity. The fact that it has good aspects to it, doesn't mean that I should overlook it's flaws and obvious contradictions.

Sigh. What's your proof that God exists and created the world by the word of his mouth? You see, the problem here is that you are so sure, without any atom of doubt that this is true, despite the fact that you have no proof, except what is written in a book by men who didn't have half the understanding of the world around them than you do now. Same men who claimed that the sun revolved around the earth, because, obviously, that's the conclusion every ignorant mind who looks at the sky would draw.
Why do you let an ordinary book dictate how you live your life? And why do you swallow it's baseless, shallow explanation of concepts the men who wrote it lacked sufficient knowledge for? It's baffling to say the least.

Why do you believe your own holy book is infallible while others are fallible? What gives you that assurance?

So after reading the first five books of the bible, you believe it represents God's love, grace and mercy? Even with all the killing of innocent children and pregnant women, wars, stealing and rape, all instigated by God? Wow! At this point, I just pity you. Honestly. You are an evidence of what the power of indoctrination can do to the human mind.

Do you also agree with the idea of hell? Of course you do.

Get a dictionary and check the meaning of the word compassionate. A compassionate being would never look at the suffering of anyone and turn a blind eye.

The story of the Isrealites, further exemplifies God's cruel, questionable partial nature, excessive crave for constant exaltation, and total disregard for the lives of his creation. He forces people to worship him, and rains stones on them when they don't. He marches a section of his creation into the land of another section, forces them to kill, rape and steal. What? And you say he is good and deserved of your worship?

The fact that you justify the death of a fellow human just because he doesn't agree with a certain system of belief, is really scary, Amicable. I fear for you, I really do. You are no different from Islamic Jihadists who you reprove. You already have their mindset.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: For The Sake Of The Kids And Future Generation by amicable09(f): 4:39pm On May 18, 2016
Decker:

Yep. Passenger composes great lyrics. You should not just checkout the song, you should also checkout the Whisper album. It's amazing.

There are good sides to every Religion, every religious doctrine supports a certain kind of moral code, but the mistake Religious adherents as yourself make is that you think religion is needed for the maintenance of such moral ethics, and that such principles are totally dependent on religion. That's not true. I can be of service to humanity, but I shouldn't do it because I follow the system of belief of some Religious book. I will be of service to humanity because I have a conscience and I can see the result of my service; that it betters the life of others and it makes my environment a better place to live in.

And please, when I refer to Religion, I am referring to the believe in a God, and living life based on the principles of such God, which is written in holy book that forms the basis of such belief.

Because Christianity teaches about service to humanity doesn't make it right in all it's entirety and doesn't mean I should submit myself to it's doctrines just because of that.
If you are served a bowl of rice and you notice that a large part of the rice is infested with dead cockroaches, would you still eat the other part of the rice that isn't infested with dead cockroaches? Of course not. That's the way it is with Christianity. The fact that it has good aspects to it, doesn't mean that I should overlook it's flaws and obvious contradictions.

Sigh. What's your proof that God exists and created the world by the word of his mouth? You see, the problem here is that you are so sure, without any atom of doubt that this is true, despite the fact that you have no proof, except what is written in a book by men who didn't have half the understanding of the world around them than you do now. Same men who claimed that the sun revolved around the earth, because, obviously, that's the conclusion every ignorant mind who looks at the sky would draw.
Why do you let an ordinary book dictate how you live your life? And why do you swallow it's baseless, shallow explanation of concepts the men who wrote it lacked sufficient knowledge for? It's baffling to say the least.

Why do you believe your own holy book is infallible while others are fallible? What gives you that assurance?

So after reading the first five books of the bible, you believe it represents God's love, grace and mercy? Even with all the killing of innocent children and pregnant women, wars, stealing and rape, all instigated by God? Wow! At this point, I just pity you. Honestly. You are an evidence of what the power of indoctrination can do to the human mind.

Do you also agree with the idea of hell? Of course you do.

Get a dictionary and check the meaning of the word compassionate. A compassionate being would never look at the suffering of anyone and turn a blind eye.

The story of the Isrealites, further exemplifies God's cruel, questionable partial nature, excessive crave for constant exaltation, and total disregard for the lives of his creation. He forces people to worship him, and rains stones on them when they don't. He marches a section of his creation into the land of another section, forces them to kill, rape and steal. What? And you say he is good and deserved of your worship?

The fact that you justify the death of a fellow human just because he doesn't agree with a certain system of belief, is really scary, Amicable. I fear for you, I really do. You are no different from Islamic Jihadists who you reprove. You already have their mindset.

Hahahahahaha grin grin grin
Do you have to be like this? Seriously, you just got me laughing hard.

Let me correct the impression of reproving other religions as you just accused me of doing cos I don't do that. I've never for once judged any religion whatsoever because one thing I know for sure is different religions are just going through different means all in a bid to communicate with the creator. They may call him different names but that's not my business to judge.

That being said, why are so harsh about this whole thing na? wink Is there something you are not saying? You keep looking for the wrongs done by men and pinning them on God. There are very lovely and amazing miracles he performed all borne out of compassion. Why are you disputing all that? What we are dragging is whether or not God is compassionate... Mmmh, He is!

You mentioned death, hunger, rape, suffering and all whatnot, making me marvel at the numerous allegations leveled against God by you. To start with, I have never heard anywhere that he raped anyone. I have never come across any place where he inflicted pain on any man. Or woman. Let alone child. So where are you drawing inferences from? Is there a portion of the bible that you have and I don't?

Truth is, when your heart is so full of love, you can't help but look at everything and everyone through the lens of love. With the way you speak about a God who has done you no wrong in such a spiteful tone, i doubt the kind of heart you have for your fellows. How do I believe there is an atom of empathy and sympathy in your heart? For someone you have never met, just because you read about him, you conclude so rashly and rain all manner of words on him. I really question your conscience. You see why I said earlier that humans can't be like God? You are so mad at him that you can't tolerate a believer in him undecided. Anyway, your belief or unbelief in his goodness won't stop him from being good particularly to you.

And yea, how do I get to listen to this Passenger artiste? You speak so well of him. I'm interested in the Whisper album.
Re: For The Sake Of The Kids And Future Generation by Nobody: 5:45pm On May 18, 2016
amicable09:

Hahahahahaha grin grin grin
Do you have to be like this? Seriously, you just got me laughing hard.

Let me correct the impression of reproving other religions as you just accused me of doing cos I don't do that. I've never for once judged any religion whatsoever because one thing I know for sure is different religions are just going through different means all in a bid to communicate with the creator. They may call him different names but that's not my business to judge.

That being said, why are so harsh about this whole thing na? wink Is there something you are not saying? You keep looking for the wrongs done by men and pinning them on God. There are very lovely and amazing miracles he performed all borne out of compassion. Why are you disputing all that? What we are dragging is whether or not God is compassionate... Mmmh, He is!

You mentioned death, hunger, rape, suffering and all whatnot, making me marvel at the numerous allegations leveled against God by you. To start with, I have never heard anywhere that he raped anyone. I have never come across any place where he inflicted pain on any man. Or woman. Let alone child. So where are you drawing inferences from? Is there a portion of the bible that you have and I don't?

Truth is, when your heart is so full of love, you can't help but look at everything and everyone through the lens of love. With the way you speak about a God who has done you no wrong in such a spiteful tone, i doubt the kind of heart you have for your fellows. How do I believe there is an atom of empathy and sympathy in your heart? For someone you have never met, just because you read about him, you conclude so rashly and rain all manner of words on him. I really question your conscience. You see why I said earlier that humans can't be like God? You are so mad at him that you can't tolerate a believer in him undecided. Anyway, your belief or unbelief in his goodness won't stop him from being good particularly to you.

And yea, how do I get to listen to this Passenger artiste? You speak so well of him. I'm interested in the Whisper album.

No, you got my statement all wrong. I said you reprove acts of violence by a sect of Islamists against those who don't agree with their religious beliefs.

I am not being harsh at all, I am just being rational. You claim there is God, and your foundation for this belief is the bible- a book from which Christianity draws it's doctrines. And I am placing your beliefs on a scale of logical scrutiny, that's all.

I asked you to check the meaning of compassionate. Obviously, you didn't. So let me put it forward to you.

Compassionate- Feeling or showing sympathy and concern for someone who is sick, hurt, poor, etc.

Source: Merriam-Webster's Learner's Dictionary

Now going by that definition, is God compassionate?

People give testimonies everyday in churches that God provided them with a new car, or a new house. My question is, if God is actually compassionate, why would he rather provide a new car for someone who probably has one already, than listen to the cries of hungry children and the prayers of sick people?

Well, it means you aren't reading your bible as well as you think you are. Or probably you are choosing what parts of the scripture to read and what parts not to read.

Here is God endorsing rape.

Numbers 31:15-18
15. “Have you allowed all the women to live?” he asked them. 16."They were the ones who followed Balaam’s advice and enticed the Israelites to be unfaithful to the Lord in the Peor incident, so that a plague struck the Lord ’s people. 17. Now kill all the boys. And kill every woman who has slept with a man, 18. but save for yourselves every girl who has never slept with a man.

Here is God commanding the killing of innocent children and babies.

1 Samuel 15
1.Samuel said to Saul, “I am the one the LORD sent to anoint you king over his people Israel; so listen now to the message from the LORD. 2. This is what the LORD Almighty says: ‘I will punish the Amalekites for what they did to Israel when they waylaid them as they came up from Egypt. 3. Now go, attack the Amalekites and totally destroy everything that belongs to them. Do not spare them; put to death men and women, children and infants, cattle and sheep, camels and donkeys.’ ”

No. The actual truth is, when you have been so brainwashed by the words of an ancient book, your mind goes through a process of alteration and adulteration, and you can no longer tell right from wrong.
You don't sound like some who her mind is full of love, either. For you to justify the killing of another human, just because he doesn't agree to a certain believe, and the murder of children just because they made fun of an old man, is a testament to that.

I am not raining words at anyone. I am just applying adjectives in describing God, based on the evidence of his actions. If I see a girl who is attractive, I will use the adjective- Beautiful, in describing her. I won't use ugly, cause that's not the suitable adjective for her description. Same way, the adjectives I am using in describing God, best befits his actions.

No one is good to me. My survival is hugely dependent on my choices. If I eat right, I will look healthy. When I fall sick, I take medications. When I see anything that spells danger, or is capable of causing harm to me, I try as much as possible to stay away from it. These are principles I need to follow if I am to continue my existence on this earth, same goes for you or anyone else.

You can download his Album on ITunes, or any of those free music sites. Yea, he is a nice artist. Haven't you listened to "Let her go" by Passenger? Almost everyone I know has listened to it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: For The Sake Of The Kids And Future Generation by amicable09(f): 8:05pm On May 18, 2016
Decker:

No, you got my statement all wrong. I said you reprove acts of violence by a sect of Islamists against those who don't agree with their religious beliefs.

I am not being harsh at all, I am just being rational. You claim there is God, and your foundation for this belief is the bible- a book from which Christianity draws it's doctrines. And I am placing your beliefs on a scale of logical scrutiny, that's all.

I asked you to check the meaning of compassionate. Obviously, you didn't. So let me put it forward to you.

Compassionate- Feeling or showing sympathy and concern for someone who is sick, hurt, poor, etc.

Source: Merriam-Webster's Learner's Dictionary

Now going by that definition, is God compassionate?

People give testimonies everyday in churches that God provided them with a new car, or a new house. My question is, if God is actually compassionate, why would he rather provide a new car for someone who probably has one already, than listen to the cries of hungry children and the prayers of sick people?

Well, it means you aren't reading your bible as well as you think you are. Or probably you are choosing what parts of the scripture to read and what parts not to read.

Here is God endorsing rape.

Numbers 31:15-18
15. “Have you allowed all the women to live?” he asked them. 16."They were the ones who followed Balaam’s advice and enticed the Israelites to be unfaithful to the Lord in the Peor incident, so that a plague struck the Lord ’s people. 17. Now kill all the boys. And kill every woman who has slept with a man, 18. but save for yourselves every girl who has never slept with a man.

Here is God commanding the killing of innocent children and babies.

1 Samuel 15
1.Samuel said to Saul, “I am the one the LORD sent to anoint you king over his people Israel; so listen now to the message from the LORD. 2. This is what the LORD Almighty says: ‘I will punish the Amalekites for what they did to Israel when they waylaid them as they came up from Egypt. 3. Now go, attack the Amalekites and totally destroy everything that belongs to them. Do not spare them; put to death men and women, children and infants, cattle and sheep, camels and donkeys.’ ”

No. The actual truth is, when you have been so brainwashed by the words of an ancient book, your mind goes through a process of alteration and adulteration, and you can no longer tell right from wrong.
You don't sound like some who her mind is full of love, either. For you to justify the killing of another human, just because he doesn't agree to a certain believe, and the murder of children just because they made fun of an old man, is a testament to that.

I am not raining words at anyone. I am just applying adjectives in describing God, based on the evidence of his actions. If I see a girl who is attractive, I will use the adjective- Beautiful, in describing her. I won't use ugly, cause that's not the suitable adjective for her description. Same way, the adjectives I am using in describing God, best befits his actions.

No one is good to me. My survival is hugely dependent on my choices. If I eat right, I will look healthy. When I fall sick, I take medications. When I see anything that spells danger, or is capable of causing harm to me, I try as much as possible to stay away from it. These are principles I need to follow if I am to continue my existence on this earth, same goes for you or anyone else.

You can download his Album on ITunes, or any of those free music sites. Yea, he is a nice artist. Haven't you listened to "Let her go" by Passenger? Almost everyone I know has listened to it.
Ah! Ah! Ah! Lol
Mr Decker! You have misinterpreted Scriptures. In Numbers, the instruction given by Moses and Eleazer the Priest wasn't that the men should keep the virgins for the purpose of rape. Read it again but this time, the whole chapter.

In 1 Samuel 15, if you are conversant with the Amalekites and Isrealite battles, you will understand that in war, it is either you kill your enemies and I mean all of them or they rise up later in years as a strong army to war against you. That was the basis for which that order was made.

I was thinking the last time that you will quote Scriptures of God engaging in forcefully taking a lady down but instead you referred to the above. To a typical case of God looking out for his own- mankind.

Compassion is God in the old testament seeing to it that Isrealites are not completely wiped out from the surface of the earth.

About Passenger, I don't think I've ever come across that name but I may have heard the 'Let it Go', not sure also but I think that's like the next beat thing I should look out for.
Re: For The Sake Of The Kids And Future Generation by Nobody: 8:49pm On May 18, 2016
amicable09:

Ah! Ah! Ah! Lol
Mr Decker! You have misinterpreted Scriptures. In Numbers, the instruction given by Moses and Eleazer the Priest wasn't that the men should keep the virgins for the purpose of rape. Read it again but this time, the whole chapter.

In 1 Samuel 15, if you are conversant with the Amalekites and Isrealite battles, you will understand that in war, it is either you kill your enemies and I mean all of them or they rise up later in years as a strong army to war against you. That was the basis for which that order was made.

I was thinking the last time that you will quote Scriptures of God engaging in forcefully taking a lady down but instead you referred to the above. To a typical case of God looking out for his own- mankind.

Compassion is God in the old testament seeing to it that Isrealites are not completely wiped out from the surface of the earth.

About Passenger, I don't think I've ever come across that name but I may have heard the 'Let it Go', not sure also but I think that's like the next beat thing I should look out for.

Please explain to me the purpose of keeping young women for themselves? Isn't it to have sex with them? Isn't it rape? What is rape? Sex without mutual consent of both partners. If I forcefully take a girl for myself and have sex with her, it means I raped her.

Oh my, are you actually justifying the killing of children and babies? I give up on you christians. Have you sold your conscience to your religion to the extent that you can't tell right from wrong? If you can be so blinded by your beliefs, it means that if the bible ordered you to kill someone, you'd find a way to justify it.

What is mankind? The human race. The collection of all humans on earth. God wasn't looking out for mankind, he was looking out for his jewish white kids. And he was doing this at the expense of every other creation and race. Can't you see how partial God is? What's your proof that he gives a fucck about you, since he didn't give a fucck about your ancestors? All through the bible, all we saw was the so called goodness of God towards the Isrealites. What about the other races and cultures and nations? He obviously didn't care about them.

So you are basing your conclusion that God is compassionate on the fact that he didn't wipe out the Isrealites, but he wiped out the Amalekites and the people of Jericho? Really? If he was compassionate like you are claiming, then he should have at least considered the little innocent kids in those nations he wiped out.

"Let it go" is the theme song for Frozen. The Passenger song is "Let her go"

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: For The Sake Of The Kids And Future Generation by amicable09(f): 10:23pm On May 18, 2016
Decker:

Please explain to me the purpose of keeping young women for themselves? Isn't it to have sex with them? Isn't it rape? What is rape? Sex without mutual consent of both partners. If I forcefully take a girl for myself and have sex with her, it means I raped her.

Oh my, are you actually justifying the killing of children and babies? I give up on you christians. Have you sold your conscience to your religion to the extent that you can't tell right from wrong? If you can be so blinded by your beliefs, it means that if the bible ordered you to kill someone, you'd find a way to justify it.

What is mankind? The human race. The collection of all humans on earth. God wasn't looking out for mankind, he was looking out for his jewish white kids. And he was doing this at the expense of every other creation and race. Can't you see how partial God is? What's your proof that he gives a fucck about you, since he didn't give a fucck about your ancestors? All through the bible, all we saw was the so called goodness of God towards the Isrealites. What about the other races and cultures and nations? He obviously didn't care about them.

So you are basing your conclusion that God is compassionate on the fact that he didn't wipe out the Isrealites, but he wiped out the Amalekites and the people of Jericho? Really? If he was compassionate like you are claiming, then he should have at least considered the little innocent kids in those nations he wiped out.

"Let it go" is the theme song for Frozen. The Passenger song is "Let her go"
Oh! I know the theme song for Frozen very well. Exactly as I suspected, a familiar song it is but the composer behind the song, I know not. I've known the name now. Thanks.

Soon it will be three days and three nights that we have been battling over this issue... lol, and the two of us are resolute in our belief. I must say this is good, like the first for me on NL, almost as if we are haggling over price of a commodity.

Over to the issue on ground, when God looks at a man or a child, what he sees is a generation. He doesn't look like you and I who see the present and past only but he sees into the distant future and nips a future catastrophe in the bud before it explodes.

When Herod commanded the execution of all male children under 5 or so, was he God? Did he do it by God's command? What was his driving force? He was threatened. His crown and throne was under threat and so he thought it wise to alienate 'suspects'.

God has always cared for everyone irrespective of tongue or tribe. Irrespective of the color of our skin and/or our gender but the bitter pill we must all swallow is that his love though equal for all but some are more equal than others in terms of receiving love treatment. The same way a parent will love all his children equally but one or two may enjoy certain additional privileges and bonuses than others. Does it mean the parent doesn't love the other ones? The answer is No.

That's the same way it is with God. But be rest assured that no one will ever ask of bread from him and he'll give the person stone. None will ask for fish and get serpent in its place. Look at the example of Cain, a murderer and a fugitive, after he left the presence of God we were told that he built a City. If God was cruel, what stopped him from striking Cain the moment Abel's blood cried out to him?

That's to say, God doesn't show up in a place bloodthirsty. His greatest wish is that we be in health and prosper, even as our soul prospers. A compassionate heart you can see clearly.

Almost forgot about the rape allegation, there is no record in the bible where it is said that those ladies that were preserved ended up being sex slaves to the Israelites. No place. If they had sex with them, I don't know but if they did, I believe it must have been mutually agreed upon. Rape was never tolerated in the land of Israel. Read the bible well, when Dinah was raped by Shekem, the rage of her brothers couldn't be contained. When Amnon raped his half sister - Tamar, you know what happened. Therefore I doubt strongly that those ladies were kept for such gruesome act.

(1) (2) (Reply)

January 2018 Rccg Holy Ghost Service Song / Celestial Chior Twerk During Church Service (video) / Pastor Dr. Martins Semba On Homosexuality In Uganda - Funny/serious Stuff

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 253
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.