Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,297 members, 7,808,010 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:57 AM

Fuel Subsidy: 1 Million Nigerians To Receive N5,000 Monthly - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fuel Subsidy: 1 Million Nigerians To Receive N5,000 Monthly (44105 Views)

Fuel Subsidy Return: There Is A Bigger Fraud Being Perpetrated - Saraki / Crude Oil Is $59 And We Are Paying N2.25 Billion For Subsidy. 1 trillion 1year / REVEALED: 1 Million Nigerians Set To Receive N5,000 Monthly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fuel Subsidy: 1 Million Nigerians To Receive N5,000 Monthly by Owliver(m): 10:05pm On May 16, 2016
so no money for nysc but they want to give 1m people money.? buhahahaha in this country where proper documentation is not achievable yet? we told them they refused

4 Likes

Re: Fuel Subsidy: 1 Million Nigerians To Receive N5,000 Monthly by Nobody: 10:05pm On May 16, 2016
Timolanki:

whatever ur first name is, it shld b changed to sorry.

Ur type won't fill the pain ur still feeding on popsy n mumsy pockets.

Out of ur magnanimity for human kind, ask ur parents how they r faring.

Irrelevant
Re: Fuel Subsidy: 1 Million Nigerians To Receive N5,000 Monthly by TomLepskie(m): 10:07pm On May 16, 2016
Wrong move Mr president, i think what we need at this time is infrastructural and human development,sponsor Nigerians to China, Italy and US to learn how to manufacture most of this things that we are currently importing. textile, shoes, fashion etc, empower them so that they can come back and start Manufacturing those things here, lets steal or copy their technology.
Re: Fuel Subsidy: 1 Million Nigerians To Receive N5,000 Monthly by Nobody: 10:08pm On May 16, 2016
FowlYansh:

Nigeria, Where did we go wrong? How did we end up with this gworo chewing fulani dullard as President?

Do these people really sit and think about these things before making them public?

What kind of APC Governmen is this?
@fowlbrain, mind u, u r d dullard here
Re: Fuel Subsidy: 1 Million Nigerians To Receive N5,000 Monthly by DMLords: 10:11pm On May 16, 2016
mira4u:
grin lol later they will say he is not corrupt. See indirect bribe.

Wow...FTC! Congrats girl

Anyway, adonbiliv anything from this government till I see it because once I heard about availability and affordability of fuel. Today Sowie is my name!
Re: Fuel Subsidy: 1 Million Nigerians To Receive N5,000 Monthly by fotadmowmend(m): 10:11pm On May 16, 2016
Dis kind wayowayo govt wey we vote in self ! so dem stop smthg wey dey benefit evry1 to pay APC members We no go gree #occupyNigeria
Re: Fuel Subsidy: 1 Million Nigerians To Receive N5,000 Monthly by seenter84: 10:12pm On May 16, 2016
I nor believe am.
Re: Fuel Subsidy: 1 Million Nigerians To Receive N5,000 Monthly by Nobody: 10:12pm On May 16, 2016
Abeg how do I get my name on that list

What am I even saying self,it's the names of politicians and their famiy members that will be on the list
Re: Fuel Subsidy: 1 Million Nigerians To Receive N5,000 Monthly by Timolanki(m): 10:12pm On May 16, 2016
Wealthgang:

Irrelevant
i feel ur pain cos the truth always come with excruciating pain.
Jst do me one last favour n read d post right above this topic on d FP.
Tell ur mentor to do something abt his kinsmen... Lets start from there!

1 Like

Re: Fuel Subsidy: 1 Million Nigerians To Receive N5,000 Monthly by Owliver(m): 10:14pm On May 16, 2016
instead of them to tell people to do family planning they want to feed almajiris with oil money. southerners are fooli$h

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fuel Subsidy: 1 Million Nigerians To Receive N5,000 Monthly by Pecca: 10:14pm On May 16, 2016
chiefolododo:
Which criterion are they going to use to select the 1m extremely poor Nigerians? Na their friends and families dey go still put, besides how about the other extremely poor Nigerians?
na the 95 percenters of course!
Re: Fuel Subsidy: 1 Million Nigerians To Receive N5,000 Monthly by deltateam: 10:15pm On May 16, 2016
Dahkogrin007:
Though APC govt might fail us... I knw "Gala" will not fail us.... Gala was 50naira b4 election and stil 50naira after election

InGalaWeTrust

This particular brand of gala is hard to find these days and when you do, you will know that the price has been changed to #60
Re: Fuel Subsidy: 1 Million Nigerians To Receive N5,000 Monthly by bisiki2: 10:15pm On May 16, 2016
And here they come again!
Re: Fuel Subsidy: 1 Million Nigerians To Receive N5,000 Monthly by Timolanki(m): 10:16pm On May 16, 2016
TomLepskie:
Wrong move Mr president, i think what we need at this time is infrastructural and human development,sponsor Nigerians to China, Italy and US to learn how to manufacture most of this things that we are currently importing. textile, shoes, fashion etc, empower them so that they can come back and start Manufacturing those things here, lets steal or copy their technology.
it's good to dream once in a blue moon but I'm afraid most dreams don't come to pass esp the impossible dreams!!!!
Re: Fuel Subsidy: 1 Million Nigerians To Receive N5,000 Monthly by HRich(m): 10:16pm On May 16, 2016
I don't know what they are saying, I stand with Wednesday's strike simple,
I don't believe them, they are only saying nansense

1 Like

Re: Fuel Subsidy: 1 Million Nigerians To Receive N5,000 Monthly by aspirebig: 10:18pm On May 16, 2016
Keep your money and revert fuel price.

We are still waiting for #1 =$1
Re: Fuel Subsidy: 1 Million Nigerians To Receive N5,000 Monthly by Kangol99(m): 10:18pm On May 16, 2016
OKAY!!! Is this okay by you
Re: Fuel Subsidy: 1 Million Nigerians To Receive N5,000 Monthly by HRich(m): 10:19pm On May 16, 2016
cekhoe:
Abeg how do I get my name on that list

What am I even saying self,it's the names of politicians and their famiy members that will be on the list
Send me your name along with 50,000 the job is done
Re: Fuel Subsidy: 1 Million Nigerians To Receive N5,000 Monthly by Nobody: 10:19pm On May 16, 2016
Timolanki:

i feel ur pain cos the truth always come with excruciating pain.

Jst do me one last favour n read d post right above this topic on d FP.

Tell ur mentor to do something abt his kinsmen... Lets start from there!

*Yawns*
Re: Fuel Subsidy: 1 Million Nigerians To Receive N5,000 Monthly by saltoftheearth: 10:22pm On May 16, 2016
I MUST GIVE IT TO THIS GOVERNMENT. THE WAY THEY GOT INTO POWER IS THE SAME WAY THEY WANT TO RULE IN POWER. PROPAGANDA! They are good at it and they know how to work on the minds of Nigerians. If we should let this slide come 6 months from now, they will have several excuses why they cannot fulfill the promises again. The promises here are not new. When they were campaigning and making this promises, they were also campaigning that there is nothing like subsidy and that they will make one naira equal to a dollar. They have failed to deliver these promises and now they are saying fulfilling the promises is hinged on Nigerians accepting an outrageous increase in fuel pump price. this was not what we voted for. Little wonder you don't see any body typing SAI Buhari on the internet again.
DExplorer1:

To assuage the anger of Nigerians over the increase in the price of premium motor spirit to N145 a litre, the Muhammadu Buhari administration has rolled out palliative measures running into half a trillion naira.

Over eight million Nigerians will benefit from the programmes scheduled to begin in a matter of weeks.

Highlights of the palliatives are:

*5.5 million school children to be fed for 200 school days in first phase of homegrown school feeding programme
*Over 1.6 million Nigerian traders, market women, men, artisans to receive loans.
*1 million extremely poor and vulnerable Nigerians to receive N60,000 this year in 12 months payments of N5000 each.

All together the federal government would be directly impacting the lives of more than 8 million Nigerians in different social investment 2016 budget spending that would provide succor and be a ready-made palliative to ordinary Nigerians.

This disclosure was made last night by the Senior Special Assistant for Media & Publicity to the President, Mr. Laolu Akande, in an interaction with the press in Abuja.

He gave new details and a breakdown of the interventions and palliatives, some of which he said would be starting in a matter of weeks thus:

1.*the direct payment of N5000 monthly to one million extremely poor Nigerians for 12 months as provided for in the 2016 budget for which N$68.7B has been appropriated.
2*the direct provision of very soft loan -cash for market women, men and traders, including artisans and Agric workers. This would be for a total of 1.76m Nigerians, without the requirement for conventional collateral. Some of the traders will likely get about N60,000. A total sum of N140.3B has already been appropriated for this in the budget,
3*payment of between N23,000 to N30,000 per month to 500,000 unemployed graduates who would be trained, paid and deployed to work as volunteer teachers, public health officers and extension service workers among other responsibilities.
-They would also be given electronic devices to empower them technologically both for their assignments and beyond
-similarly 100,000 artisans would also be trained and paid
N191.5B has been set aside for this in the passed budget.
4. At least 5.5 million Nigerian primary school children -ie starting first in 18 states-three per geopolitical zones-would be fed for 200 school days under the free Homegrown School Feeding Programme. N93.1B has been appropriated for this in the 2016 budget.
5. 100,000 tertiary students in Science Technology Engineering & Maths-STEM, plus Education will partake in the N5.8B already provided for this education grant in the budget. This payment would also be paid directly to the students.

When added together this year alone, more than 8 million Nigerians would be benefiting from the Social Investment budget.

Akande who works from the Office of the Vice President said the N500B social investement programmes of the Buhari administration is a ready made palliative to lift Nigerians from poverty and economic hardship.

“Long before now the Presidency has made adequate arrangements in the 2016 budget to ensure that Nigerians are lifted from poverty and hardship,” the spokesperson stated.

This will not only assuage the current pains arising from the new fuel pricing regime, but will provide ongoing social safety nets for over 8 million Nigerians this year alone, according to Akande.

He added that this is beside the jobs that would be created by the infrastructural projects that would be restored and the new ones that would soon be taking off.

Said he: “the Buhari presidency is keen to ensure that Nigerians are lifted and that if necessary on an ongoing basis palliatives measures would always been considered to address the conditions of the people.”

http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2016/05/15/1-million-nigerians-to-receive-n5000-monthly/

**********************************************************************************************
Nigerians should put their ears to the ground as these programmes are executed. We are under a more sincere government than ever.

2 Likes

Re: Fuel Subsidy: 1 Million Nigerians To Receive N5,000 Monthly by Zimzy(m): 10:23pm On May 16, 2016
Dahkogrin007:
Though APC govt might fail us... I knw "Gala" will not fail us.... Gala was 50naira b4 election and stil 50naira after election

InGalaWeTrust
pls check the size very well you will now that even gala don get change
Re: Fuel Subsidy: 1 Million Nigerians To Receive N5,000 Monthly by jayzblogng: 10:24pm On May 16, 2016
I don't believe it,instead of building manufacturing companies that will be of important to ppl, n making the economy favourable so ppl can come n do their business here there by employing some of the youths u are here relising funds that will some how return to ur accounts bubu which way na. #just keep on fooling the zombies. Some of foreign business owners in the Enugu mull are currently closing because of the high cost of business here n the ppl employed have been sacked
Re: Fuel Subsidy: 1 Million Nigerians To Receive N5,000 Monthly by 12month: 10:27pm On May 16, 2016
apc still campaigning lol... only a fool will believe this rubbish
Re: Fuel Subsidy: 1 Million Nigerians To Receive N5,000 Monthly by Skills10: 10:29pm On May 16, 2016
Abeg, who get tomatoes make him give me. I want to fry 2 eggs and can't buy N600 tomatoes just to fry 2 eggs.

Tomatoes na gold now.

Meanwhile, Sai Buhari.
Re: Fuel Subsidy: 1 Million Nigerians To Receive N5,000 Monthly by PecE2Make: 10:32pm On May 16, 2016
And u believed him
Re: Fuel Subsidy: 1 Million Nigerians To Receive N5,000 Monthly by Nobody: 10:33pm On May 16, 2016
And what will 5000 naira in the current inflation..

And the inflation that will follow this increase in fuel price? E be like say these people are clueless undecided

Why not use that money to build refinery or something.
Re: Fuel Subsidy: 1 Million Nigerians To Receive N5,000 Monthly by tushburg(m): 10:33pm On May 16, 2016
In the same country.
$1 - N197 (buhari and family + Dangote)
$1 - N298 (oil marketers)
$1 - N360 ( Masses)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fuel Subsidy: 1 Million Nigerians To Receive N5,000 Monthly by molas02: 10:33pm On May 16, 2016
Wealthgang:
If all these are fully implemented, then indeed this admin is right on point. N500b for social intervention with well laid-out plans? Haba! PMB God bless u abundantly.

If u get pained or sad and frustrated by this post, then u need deliverance by 77 T.B Joshuas.

Let's see how it all plays out. I'm 95% confident that we won't hear that billions meant for this scheme will be squandered. That is d advantage of PMB over d 'heroic' IB.
I pray NLC sees reasons with d FG and doesn't go on strike. In d long run, Nigerians won't regret voting this man.

Wailers, IPOB touts and anti-buharians, better be attentive o so that d teaching jobs for 500,000 unemployed youths won't pass u by.

Lest I forget, what about civil servants?
zombie...try and study ur statistic wella, collect 5k per month and buy liters of fuel @145......WAT U DT KN IS DT ALL DIS POLITICIANS ONLY SEE OUR PAINS BT DEY DT FELL OUR PAINS
Re: Fuel Subsidy: 1 Million Nigerians To Receive N5,000 Monthly by ronald4lif(m): 10:37pm On May 16, 2016
Same old rhetorics. We'll pay monthly 5k to the most vulnerable Nigerians till this year comes to an end then same cobblers talk next year just to keep the hopes of their credulous followers animated and divert attention from their poor policies that has left the country's economy in a somnolent state. We need to start seeing action and not vague talks. undecided
Re: Fuel Subsidy: 1 Million Nigerians To Receive N5,000 Monthly by MrMandilas: 10:40pm On May 16, 2016
RUBBISH! THIS IS HOW THEY WANT TO STEAL MONEY
Re: Fuel Subsidy: 1 Million Nigerians To Receive N5,000 Monthly by AceRoyal: 10:44pm On May 16, 2016
Payment of #5,000 to 1million ALMAJARIS as compensation for voting him in cuz I know it's gonna favor 98% north.tongue

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

PHOTOS: Embattled Bukola Saraki dances his sorrows away in Ilorin / Police Raid Auxiliary’s Home In Oyo, Recover Weapons, Ammunition (pics) / Nigerians Blast Dankwambo For Mocking Buhari For Blaming The Youths

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.