Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,175 members, 7,807,565 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:21 PM

Fuel Subsidy: 1 Million Nigerians To Receive N5,000 Monthly - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fuel Subsidy: 1 Million Nigerians To Receive N5,000 Monthly (44104 Views)

Fuel Subsidy Return: There Is A Bigger Fraud Being Perpetrated - Saraki / Crude Oil Is $59 And We Are Paying N2.25 Billion For Subsidy. 1 trillion 1year / REVEALED: 1 Million Nigerians Set To Receive N5,000 Monthly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fuel Subsidy: 1 Million Nigerians To Receive N5,000 Monthly by cochexky: 6:17am On May 17, 2016
If I say what is in my mind, I don't know how people will react but, I feel like giving somebody a spiritual slap. shocked

1 Like

Re: Fuel Subsidy: 1 Million Nigerians To Receive N5,000 Monthly by olatunjithomas(m): 6:21am On May 17, 2016
mankan2k7:
q
you should also notice that the size has vastly reduce.
Re: Fuel Subsidy: 1 Million Nigerians To Receive N5,000 Monthly by VocalWalls: 6:23am On May 17, 2016
Many of us are being silly.

These same promises were made during the elections, and later debunked.

How are we sure they aren't playing the game again?
Re: Fuel Subsidy: 1 Million Nigerians To Receive N5,000 Monthly by Lanre01(m): 6:26am On May 17, 2016
I trust my people, even de ones wey get money b4 go still collect that token... We neva dey carry last! #ProudlyZombie
Re: Fuel Subsidy: 1 Million Nigerians To Receive N5,000 Monthly by Lakesyd32: 6:26am On May 17, 2016
hmmmmmmm..........I smell lies everywhere in the promises!
Re: Fuel Subsidy: 1 Million Nigerians To Receive N5,000 Monthly by holuphisayor(m): 6:28am On May 17, 2016
Retards
Re: Fuel Subsidy: 1 Million Nigerians To Receive N5,000 Monthly by olisaEze(m): 6:29am On May 17, 2016
Dahkogrin007:
Though APC govt might fail us... I knw "Gala" will not fail us.... Gala was 50naira b4 election and stil 50naira after election

InGalaWeTrust

cheesy cheesy cheesy ah dey tellssssss yu!

1 Like

Re: Fuel Subsidy: 1 Million Nigerians To Receive N5,000 Monthly by gafnike: 6:34am On May 17, 2016
[quote author=mira4u post=45684821] grin lol later they will say he is not corrupt. See indirect bribe.[/quote) In what way has he corrupt now.. Try to consult the little wise ones in your family b4 you give response to any statement. Most u respond at all!!! Ah ahba.
Re: Fuel Subsidy: 1 Million Nigerians To Receive N5,000 Monthly by 9japride(m): 6:38am On May 17, 2016
This govt should know that they have bright and smart people. At times I just wonder how they really see the citizens maye as fools? Education is the key to success, hope those up north should encourage their wards to go to school so as to correct this bad perception about us(Nigeria as a whole)
Re: Fuel Subsidy: 1 Million Nigerians To Receive N5,000 Monthly by HirstMOG(m): 6:39am On May 17, 2016
finally my ban is over, so I'm back. With all sincerity I have never seen a clueless government as this. this is the highest form of corruption because there is no measure to control this, this money will be Solely for their own people and the zombies are saying they are fighting corruption. If any zombie quote me..........this is what will happen to this person.

Re: Fuel Subsidy: 1 Million Nigerians To Receive N5,000 Monthly by Nobody: 6:39am On May 17, 2016
Wealthgang:
If all these are fully implemented, then indeed this admin is right on point. N500b for social intervention with well laid-out plans? Haba! PMB God bless u abundantly.

If u get pained or sad and frustrated by this post, then u need deliverance by 77 T.B Joshuas.

Let's see how it all plays out. I'm 95% confident that we won't hear that billions meant for this scheme will be squandered. That is d advantage of PMB over d 'heroic' IB.
I pray NLC sees reasons with d FG and doesn't go on strike. In d long run, Nigerians won't regret voting this man.

Wailers, IPOB touts and anti-buharians, better be attentive o so that d teaching jobs for 500,000 unemployed youths won't pass u by.

Lest I forget, what about civil servants?
1 Million Northerners To Receive N5,000 Monthly

1 Like

Re: Fuel Subsidy: 1 Million Nigerians To Receive N5,000 Monthly by wickedtuna: 6:41am On May 17, 2016
chiefolododo:
Which criterion are they going to use to select the 1m extremely poor Nigerians? Na their friends and families dey go still put, besides how about the other extremely poor Nigerians?
Let them just say its meant for the NORTH.
Re: Fuel Subsidy: 1 Million Nigerians To Receive N5,000 Monthly by buchilino(m): 6:42am On May 17, 2016
mira4u:
grin lol later they will say he is not corrupt. See indirect bribe.

MY THOUGHTS EXACTLY
Re: Fuel Subsidy: 1 Million Nigerians To Receive N5,000 Monthly by Jok3r(m): 6:43am On May 17, 2016
DExplorer1:

To assuage the anger of Nigerians over the increase in the price of premium motor spirit to N145 a litre, the Muhammadu Buhari administration has rolled out palliative measures running into half a trillion naira.

Over eight million Nigerians will benefit from the programmes scheduled to begin in a matter of weeks.

Highlights of the palliatives are:

*5.5 million school children to be fed for 200 school days in first phase of homegrown school feeding programme
*Over 1.6 million Nigerian traders, market women, men, artisans to receive loans.
*1 million extremely poor and vulnerable Nigerians to receive N60,000 this year in 12 months payments of N5000 each.

All together the federal government would be directly impacting the lives of more than 8 million Nigerians in different social investment 2016 budget spending that would provide succor and be a ready-made palliative to ordinary Nigerians.

This disclosure was made last night by the Senior Special Assistant for Media & Publicity to the President, Mr. Laolu Akande, in an interaction with the press in Abuja.

He gave new details and a breakdown of the interventions and palliatives, some of which he said would be starting in a matter of weeks thus:

1.*the direct payment of N5000 monthly to one million extremely poor Nigerians for 12 months as provided for in the 2016 budget for which N$68.7B has been appropriated.
2*the direct provision of very soft loan -cash for market women, men and traders, including artisans and Agric workers. This would be for a total of 1.76m Nigerians, without the requirement for conventional collateral. Some of the traders will likely get about N60,000. A total sum of N140.3B has already been appropriated for this in the budget,
3*payment of between N23,000 to N30,000 per month to 500,000 unemployed graduates who would be trained, paid and deployed to work as volunteer teachers, public health officers and extension service workers among other responsibilities.
-They would also be given electronic devices to empower them technologically both for their assignments and beyond
-similarly 100,000 artisans would also be trained and paid
N191.5B has been set aside for this in the passed budget.
4. At least 5.5 million Nigerian primary school children -ie starting first in 18 states-three per geopolitical zones-would be fed for 200 school days under the free Homegrown School Feeding Programme. N93.1B has been appropriated for this in the 2016 budget.
5. 100,000 tertiary students in Science Technology Engineering & Maths-STEM, plus Education will partake in the N5.8B already provided for this education grant in the budget. This payment would also be paid directly to the students.

When added together this year alone, more than 8 million Nigerians would be benefiting from the Social Investment budget.

Akande who works from the Office of the Vice President said the N500B social investement programmes of the Buhari administration is a ready made palliative to lift Nigerians from poverty and economic hardship.

“Long before now the Presidency has made adequate arrangements in the 2016 budget to ensure that Nigerians are lifted from poverty and hardship,” the spokesperson stated.

This will not only assuage the current pains arising from the new fuel pricing regime, but will provide ongoing social safety nets for over 8 million Nigerians this year alone, according to Akande.

He added that this is beside the jobs that would be created by the infrastructural projects that would be restored and the new ones that would soon be taking off.

Said he: “the Buhari presidency is keen to ensure that Nigerians are lifted and that if necessary on an ongoing basis palliatives measures would always been considered to address the conditions of the people.”

http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2016/05/15/1-million-nigerians-to-receive-n5000-monthly/

**********************************************************************************************
Nigerians should put their ears to the ground as these programmes are executed. We are under a more sincere government than ever.

I Stil dy naija.. ah Neva dy go cameron
Re: Fuel Subsidy: 1 Million Nigerians To Receive N5,000 Monthly by SmartThief(m): 6:43am On May 17, 2016
this one these people are being specific on the adverb" Extremely poor Nigerians" i hope they are not only thinking of the beggars and almajiris far North as a means of another looting spree? the more they get wiser with these their tricky ideas, the more our voice roar from the wilderness....we will be watching. Ministers!!
Re: Fuel Subsidy: 1 Million Nigerians To Receive N5,000 Monthly by buchilino(m): 6:45am On May 17, 2016
[quote author=gafnike post=45691490][/quote]
LIKE IT OR NOT HIS SAYING TRUTH, UR D ONE DAT NEEDS SOME EXAMINATION
Re: Fuel Subsidy: 1 Million Nigerians To Receive N5,000 Monthly by drval2020(m): 6:46am On May 17, 2016
Its a good idea, hope it works out so my people can breath a sigh of relief. #livehappy
Re: Fuel Subsidy: 1 Million Nigerians To Receive N5,000 Monthly by Goldencollins: 6:47am On May 17, 2016
Wealthgang:
If all these are fully implemented, then indeed this admin is right on point. N500b for social intervention with well laid-out plans? Haba! PMB God bless u abundantly.

If u get pained or sad and frustrated by this post, then u need deliverance by 77 T.B Joshuas.

Let's see how it all plays out. I'm 95% confident that we won't hear that billions meant for this scheme will be squandered. That is d advantage of PMB over d 'heroic' IB.
I pray NLC sees reasons with d FG and doesn't go on strike. In d long run, Nigerians won't regret voting this man.

Wailers, IPOB touts and anti-buharians, better be attentive o so that d teaching jobs for 500,000 unemployed youths won't pass u by.

Lest I forget, what about civil servants?
You are here hailing this dullard of a president for providing 10k per month teaching jobs while his cousins,nephews,nices,children of his political friends are getting juicy jobs in CBN,thats how pathetic you can be as a Zombie. Low self esteem and inferiority complex are the true mark of a Zombie n u re just a definition of this

2 Likes

Re: Fuel Subsidy: 1 Million Nigerians To Receive N5,000 Monthly by buchilino(m): 6:48am On May 17, 2016
originalmachine:
1 Million Northerners To Receive N5,000 Monthly

DON'T MIND D BAFOON, JUST DEY AS IF HIM NO BRAINS
Re: Fuel Subsidy: 1 Million Nigerians To Receive N5,000 Monthly by saintadeola: 6:50am On May 17, 2016
Am sori 2 say dis,nigerians ar stil gulible,is dis wat wil end our suffering,is dis nt wat dey cal stomach infastructure.as an economist.dis wil neva help us.until govt create an enabling enviroment 4 real investors.even d company working in nigeria,do u know dere operatin cost,MTN for example,dey ar making money 4 because of poor electricity in nigeria.there operating cost is huge.all F.G listed above wount help us.let dem take bull by d horn.
Re: Fuel Subsidy: 1 Million Nigerians To Receive N5,000 Monthly by wealthside: 6:52am On May 17, 2016
A country with no data of her citizens how would they who they've given and who they haven't given the lie lie change.
Very soon.
In few weeks.
Soon be disbursed.
Who is fooling who?

Change 2019.
They will not see 2019 to make a fool of themselves.
Re: Fuel Subsidy: 1 Million Nigerians To Receive N5,000 Monthly by buchilino(m): 6:53am On May 17, 2016
drval2020:
Its a good idea, hope it works out so my people can breath a sigh of relief. #livehappy

SOMEONE DAT RECEIVES 50K MONTHLY IS FINDING IT HARD 2 SURVIVE, N U THINK DAT PAYING 30K MONTHLY WILL ENOUGH 4 THEM( TEACHERS N HEALTH WORKERS)
Re: Fuel Subsidy: 1 Million Nigerians To Receive N5,000 Monthly by buchilino(m): 6:57am On May 17, 2016
Goldencollins:

You are here hailing this dullard of a president for providing 10k per month teaching jobs while his cousins,nephews,nices,children of his political friends are getting juicy jobs in CBN,thats how pathetic you can be as a Zombie. Low self esteem and inferiority complex are the true mark of a Zombie n u re just a definition of this

INFACT FGOD BLISS U, PREACH 2 D BAFOON MAYBE SONE SENSE WILL INTO HIS HEAD.
Re: Fuel Subsidy: 1 Million Nigerians To Receive N5,000 Monthly by kayceeukah007(m): 6:57am On May 17, 2016
ITS A BIG LIE....this same FG would deny it after the fracas of fuel hike and impending strike dies down....playing us like toddlers
Re: Fuel Subsidy: 1 Million Nigerians To Receive N5,000 Monthly by buchilino(m): 6:59am On May 17, 2016
saintadeola:
Am sori 2 say dis,nigerians ar stil gulible,is dis wat wil end our suffering,is dis nt wat dey cal stomach infastructure.as an economist.dis wil neva help us.until govt create an enabling enviroment 4 real investors.even d company working in nigeria,do u know dere operatin cost,MTN for example,dey ar making money 4 because of poor electricity in nigeria.there operating cost is huge.all F.G listed above wount help us.let dem take bull by d horn.

PREACH
Re: Fuel Subsidy: 1 Million Nigerians To Receive N5,000 Monthly by Nusaf: 7:04am On May 17, 2016
SmartThief:
this one these people are being specific on the adverb" Extremely poor Nigerians" i hope they are not only thinking of the beggars and almajiris far North as a means of another looting spree? the more they get wiser with these their tricky ideas, the more our voice roar from the wilderness....we will be watching. Ministers!!
Ok, u prefer they should be less specific? I hope you know that the extremely poor can be likened to the case of patients that require urgent medical attention. If you are not extremely poor, you wouldn't know what it means. Now, at least, you have access to electricity, internet facility+data subscription, u eat what u like and when you like etc. Go to villages and hamlets to see the true definition of poverty.
Re: Fuel Subsidy: 1 Million Nigerians To Receive N5,000 Monthly by proxillin(m): 7:04am On May 17, 2016
mira4u:
grin lol later they will say he is not corrupt. See indirect bribe.

Hateful tribe. He reversing his campaign promises...blahblah.

Now he is fulfilling his promises. You are still attacking him.

Iur youths a consumed with tribal bigotry
Re: Fuel Subsidy: 1 Million Nigerians To Receive N5,000 Monthly by Nobody: 7:05am On May 17, 2016
This govt must be a joke... Why not invest that in Electricity and transport? So you give 5000 naira for 12 months then what happens for rest days of their lives, you give them soft loans with no electricity to do business and transport for agric products... This govt needs change!
Re: Fuel Subsidy: 1 Million Nigerians To Receive N5,000 Monthly by willibounce1(m): 7:08am On May 17, 2016
This is going to be the most useless and irresponsible govt in the history of Nigeria and Africa as a whole. Extremely irresponsible and satanic.
Re: Fuel Subsidy: 1 Million Nigerians To Receive N5,000 Monthly by Nusaf: 7:10am On May 17, 2016
FrancisDiote:
This govt must be a joke... Why not invest that in Electricity and transport? So you give 5000 naira for 12 months then what happens for rest days of their lives, you give them soft loans with no electricity to do business and transport for agric products... This govt needs change!
Electricity and transport have gotten their own fair share in the budget. Alleviating poverty and building infrastructure can run simultaneously in a good government.
Re: Fuel Subsidy: 1 Million Nigerians To Receive N5,000 Monthly by Amiee99(f): 7:10am On May 17, 2016
Quakertellicus1:
You want my opinion.....I don't think that Government should be giving people loans and grants right now....because we cannot afford it.

Sorry....I know people would hate me, and I have already been shouted at for saying this....but right now....Nigeria cannot afford mass welfare projects with oil prices at $50 per barrel.....when we were having issues with such projects at over $100 per barrel.

(And I have even more bad news.....oil is going to keep going down. The $100 barrel era is over.).

For me, there is only one way out of this. Telling Nigerians the honest truth....we do not have enough money right now....and we need to spend money on becoming a self sufficient nation.....by improving power, roads, rail and education....so that we can no longer be affected by sudden drops in the oil price.We may go through some austerity....but it would be worth it at the end.

So sorry.....but APC and every other party should be thinking about saving money. Awoof government is forty years out of date. Time we became a serious manufacturing power...the hard way.

If the government believes they can give out loans and these other things without adverse effect on the nation and it would truly be so, then it means there has been gross misappropriation of funds in the past.
Re: Fuel Subsidy: 1 Million Nigerians To Receive N5,000 Monthly by Amiee99(f): 7:14am On May 17, 2016
We're talking about bad economy, when our economy was been run by very corrupt individuals it was better. But, we have to put in mind that dealing with corruption means that those with nothing to gain without corruption are certainly going to pull out.
What's happening is just the effect of the above.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

‘I Feel Ashamed’ – Dino Melaye On Ghana’s Independence Day Celebration / PHOTOS: Embattled Bukola Saraki dances his sorrows away in Ilorin / Police Raid Auxiliary’s Home In Oyo, Recover Weapons, Ammunition (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.