Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,639 members, 7,801,849 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:01 AM

A Cancer - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / A Cancer (506 Views)

Wahabism A Cancer In Islam / Kenyan Cancer Patient Goes To Hajj For His Last Wish / Keeping Of The Beards Prevents Cancer For Males (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Cancer by AllstarZ(m): 9:57pm On May 16, 2016
As-salamualaikum my brothers and sisters in Islam.
We have a problem, a problem most people ignore while others don't know are part of; a cancer. It's called shirk.
A lot of us think shirk just means ascribing partners in worship with Allah Subhanahu wa ta'ala but we are/were wrong. And it's has been easier to be wrong these days given the promise shaytaan made to "make the bad look good". He has twisted the word "shirk" into many other words such as the most popular one called "culture" (Riya, prostrating to people, sometimes even sujud, etc). Nowadays, an individual is said to have "no respect" when he doesn't prostrate to humans like himself. Subhanallah. They now call culture a way of life. What about Islam? People never cared enough to find out. It extends to our homes where children are taught to fear their parents first and then Allah (for some lucky enough to be educated a little about Islam). As if that's not enough, riya comes into play as well. Even scholars fall for it. It's a casual thing in some parts of the country where you find people doing the unthinkable just to impress others apart from Allah. Muslims feeling shy of their names so they substitute, some dressing inappropriately so as not to be laughed at or to impress boyfriends and girlfriends alike (haram added to more haram). I may be wrong here but I have a feeling that some Muslims don't want to write in this section because of the "la ilaha ilaLlah" that would be written on their profiles, they think people will mock them. Fisabilillah, let's improve our ways. We're not perfect, but we can be better than we think. Allah sent us to worship Him alone. The same people who we're trying to impress are humans like us, they aren't superior neither are we inferior. We follow others to do bad things because we're embarrassed to say "no, I can't. I'm a Muslim". May Allah Subhanahu wa ta'ala protect us from our own selves and also from shaytaan and his agents. As-salamualaikum.
Re: A Cancer by Empiree: 2:22am On May 17, 2016
The Issue Of "Prostration" Is Dealt With In These Lengthy Clips. Endavour To Watch Them At Your Pace. Thank You

Part One

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNBdk9l_X3Q

Part Two

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4puMGSxulO0
Re: A Cancer by AllstarZ(m): 6:18am On May 17, 2016
Jazakallah khairan

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Imam Khamenei Fatwa Against Insulting Aisha, Wife Of The Prophet (sa) / Lipton’s New Campaign Targets Muslim Consumers / Complete Qur'an App

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.