Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,722 members, 7,805,966 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:20 AM

The Untrustworthiness Of MTN - The New Data Plans - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Untrustworthiness Of MTN - The New Data Plans (41992 Views)

9mobile New Latest List Of Data Plans Subscription Codes & Prices 2017 / My Experience In The Hands Of MTN Nigeria Whatsapp Care [see Pictures] / How To Opt Out Of MTN Subscriptions That Are Stealing Your Credit Yourself (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Untrustworthiness Of MTN - The New Data Plans by Dygeasy(m): 12:21am On May 17, 2016
I subscribed to the new MTN Data plan of 2,000 naira for 3.5gig yesterday. I'm on the Bettertalk plan which gives me triple of every recharge so I got 4,000 naira bonus upon recharge.

I did the subscription while still having the bonus intact. Now according to a Customer Care representative when I enquired sometime ago, I was told that if you subscribe to any data plan on Bettertalk, before your data starts getting deducted they would start deducting from the bonus airtime for any internet-related activity. That is however true from my previous data subscription with MTN when I used to do the 4.5 gig for 2,500 Naira.

For the past 20 hours I have made calls and used the Internet all of which were charged from my 4,000 nara bonus airtime.

Late into the evening, I checked my data balance and I had my full 3.5gig intact and I saw another 700mb for night plan. I disregarded that as system error and went about my own normal business.

I used the Internet for a while and about three hours later, I wanted to see if they had started deducting from my data and Lo! I saw I had 615mb left.

I didn't download. In fact I made sure I didn't download because I wanted to ensure I used a substantial amount of the airtime to make calls.

How on earth did I spend 2.9 gig in three hours?

I called Customer Care and they were quoting some nonsensical thousands of kilobytes that I used.

My phone is telling me otherwise. No matter the difference in the data usage calculations, it shouldn't be that much. Screenshot attached.

This is a huge inconvenience from MTN. 2,000 Naira might be meagre but this is unacceptable.

This is not my first time of subscribing on this phone for different data plans. Why is this different? I am not going to accept this.

43 Likes 9 Shares

Re: The Untrustworthiness Of MTN - The New Data Plans by Laveda(f): 12:28am On May 17, 2016
That was huge sad.

Haven't encountered such tho so I wouldn't really know.

But I'm sure their customer care wouldn't give you any good feedback grin
They've always been like that. undecided they'll start saying jargons..

I'm sorry about that ehn sad

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Untrustworthiness Of MTN - The New Data Plans by Dygeasy(m): 12:37am On May 17, 2016
Laveda:
That was huge sad.

Haven't encountered such tho so I wouldn't really know.

But I'm sure their customer care wouldn't give you any good feedback grin
They've always been like that. undecided they'll start saying jargons..

I'm sorry about that ehn sad
Thank You. They even asked me to go to their office. I won't take this.

I don't care what length I have to go. That data must be returned.

45 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Untrustworthiness Of MTN - The New Data Plans by kinibigdeal(m): 12:47am On May 17, 2016
Stick with Glo

95 Likes 7 Shares

Re: The Untrustworthiness Of MTN - The New Data Plans by kingphilip(m): 1:02am On May 17, 2016
Hmmmm that's emptyhen for you

How about switching to airtel and enjoy their 5x bonus I think that's better than better talk

Do that and thank me later

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Untrustworthiness Of MTN - The New Data Plans by MUVA(m): 1:06am On May 17, 2016
MTN's call center agents are the WORST in the history of call center agents! Don't even waste your time trying to get compensated or re-imbursed your stolen data because they will keep looking for every possible means to pin the blame on YOU so as not to give you a refund.

I've been there, done that. And guess what? My MTN line has been permanently switched off/relegated for more than 4 months now. Etisalat ti take over! Fvck dah shii undecided

172 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Untrustworthiness Of MTN - The New Data Plans by hemartins(m): 1:06am On May 17, 2016
That's Mtn for you.
They always have a way of collecting back their bonus.
Fear Mtn.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Untrustworthiness Of MTN - The New Data Plans by bimbod(m): 1:20am On May 17, 2016
sorry bro... Mtn been scamming pple since 1999

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Untrustworthiness Of MTN - The New Data Plans by Nobody: 1:27am On May 17, 2016
Hemptyheeeeeeeen!

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Untrustworthiness Of MTN - The New Data Plans by wheesin(m): 1:40am On May 17, 2016
shît..it goes public undecided

1 Like

Re: The Untrustworthiness Of MTN - The New Data Plans by JonSnow(m): 1:51am On May 17, 2016
I'm facing this same issue. I subscribed for their new N2000 plan two days ago. did a little browsing yesterday (Konga, NL)

just checked this evening, my data balance is 0.0kb.

MTN are thieves!! angry angry

79 Likes

Re: The Untrustworthiness Of MTN - The New Data Plans by ritababe(f): 2:30am On May 17, 2016
kinibigdeal:
Stick with Glo

glo like seriously? that's the network I will advice for my enemy so that they won't get me on time.

144 Likes 11 Shares

Re: The Untrustworthiness Of MTN - The New Data Plans by possibilita(m): 2:40am On May 17, 2016
MTN is a scam,not just you bro but they did the-same with me,except in my case its bb sub for my bold 3,they reduced the 3.5gb @ 1000 bbc plan to 2gb @ 1000 without informing nigerians, this 2gb only have 2weeks validity,so in 2months I have spent over 6k subscribing,I called customer care and was told to hard reset my phone imagine.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Untrustworthiness Of MTN - The New Data Plans by AngelAhnie(f): 4:15am On May 17, 2016
Airtel all the way

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Untrustworthiness Of MTN - The New Data Plans by dammyjay93(m): 4:26am On May 17, 2016
Etisalat is the best
MUVA:
MTN's call center agents are the WORST in the history of call center agents! Don't even waste your time trying to get compensated or re-enbursed your stolen data because they will keep looking for every possible means to pin the blame on YOU so as not to give you a refund.

I've been there, done that. And guess what? My MTN line has been permanently switched off/relegated for more than 4 months now. Etisalat ti take over! Fvck dah shii undecided

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Untrustworthiness Of MTN - The New Data Plans by teeboy03(m): 5:09am On May 17, 2016
I am experiencing the same at the moment.subscribed for the 3.5gb at 2000 last week.still had 2.9g data as at the last time I checked on Sunday. I have not been able to browse since yesterday afternoon. thought it was network issues.

checked my data balance only to see this

Y'ello! ,Your data bundle balance is additional balance 0.0 MB expires: 19/May/2016,

still dont know how I finished up 2.9gb of data in less than 24hrs without any downloads.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Untrustworthiness Of MTN - The New Data Plans by mediatri(m): 5:14am On May 17, 2016
Mtn na scam, 200 for 1gb all this plans na wash, even the 25 naira for 500 has been scraped.

7 Likes

Re: The Untrustworthiness Of MTN - The New Data Plans by BrainnewsNg(f): 5:32am On May 17, 2016
MTN are thieves. Simple

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Untrustworthiness Of MTN - The New Data Plans by gift01: 5:50am On May 17, 2016
I don't believe this one bit. Am not holding forth for MTN but recheck what you subscribed for. Based on their advert I saw today (with Falz the bad guy) they called it Pulse reloaded. So if you not on MTN pulse....magical things could happen. Can we have a screen shot of when you subscribed? The 3gig for 2k would last for 30 days. Why is yours expiring July 2016? No vex oh but let's just properly scrutinize you. Cheers

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Untrustworthiness Of MTN - The New Data Plans by jejemanito: 6:14am On May 17, 2016
Dygeasy:
grin grin way to go bro
that was how those coporate thieves said if I could spend 200 naira during the day, I'd browsed free in the night
You had to see the way I kept vigil till 1am only to find out it was sheer scam
Between Satan and MTN, I'm still trying to figure out who is more skilled at donating with the right hand while milking you dry with left.

48 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Untrustworthiness Of MTN - The New Data Plans by Nobody: 6:51am On May 17, 2016
Empty Hen grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Untrustworthiness Of MTN - The New Data Plans by Laveda(f): 6:52am On May 17, 2016
Dygeasy:

Hopefully cheesy sad

1 Like

Re: The Untrustworthiness Of MTN - The New Data Plans by bongolistik(m): 6:54am On May 17, 2016
possibilita:
MTN is a scam,not just you bro but they did the-same with me,except in my case its bb sub for my bold 3,they reduced the 3.5gb @ 1000 bbc plan to 2gb @ 1000 without informing nigerians, this 2gb only have 2weeks validity,so in 2months I have spent over 6k subscribing,I called customer care and was told to hard reset my phone imagine.
They informed people on this particular one you mentioned, maybe you are the person that is not aware of that. It was clearly written on their site
Re: The Untrustworthiness Of MTN - The New Data Plans by fippycbk(m): 6:54am On May 17, 2016
Make them no jonse me ooooo. Subscribed for that of 3.5GB last night due to the fact that my glo was messing up. I no wan hear story. cry

9 Likes

Re: The Untrustworthiness Of MTN - The New Data Plans by refiner(f): 6:55am On May 17, 2016
undecided
......never knew some people still uses emptyhen for subscriptions.....

that network can frustrate....they are very greedy...just like the devil,they give with their left hand and take everything with their right hand!undecided

mtsheeeeew...airtel all the way?wink

6 Likes

Re: The Untrustworthiness Of MTN - The New Data Plans by BoleynDynaSTY(f): 6:55am On May 17, 2016
MUVA:
MTN's call center agents are the WORST in the history of call center agents! Don't even waste your time trying to get compensated or re-enbursed your stolen data because they will keep looking for every possible means to pin the blame on YOU so as not to give you a refund.

Night crawler,shey u no dey sleep niii?!

1 Like

Re: The Untrustworthiness Of MTN - The New Data Plans by Nobody: 6:55am On May 17, 2016
Dygeasy:

The last thing MTN will do is return the data... Sorry about that

10 Likes

Re: The Untrustworthiness Of MTN - The New Data Plans by skywalker001(m): 6:55am On May 17, 2016
Mtn customer care reps are the worst I've ever known. They wil never accept their mistake and would be giving u an unnecessary excuse and people out here stil knw much beta bout Mtn dan dos cald customer care reps... SMH

6 Likes

Re: The Untrustworthiness Of MTN - The New Data Plans by Kingzy4pep(m): 6:56am On May 17, 2016
Haha. Mtn been scamming Nigerians since the days of John D Baptist.. @Op, Just be violent with them so that you can get your data back by force.

2 Likes

Re: The Untrustworthiness Of MTN - The New Data Plans by skywalker001(m): 6:57am On May 17, 2016
bongolistik:
They informed people on this particular one you mentioned, maybe you are the person that is not aware of that. It was clearly written on their site
Mtn customer care rep spotted...

10 Likes

Re: The Untrustworthiness Of MTN - The New Data Plans by Pmajor15(m): 6:57am On May 17, 2016
ritababe:

glo like seriously? that's the network I will advice for my enemy so that they won't get me on time.
hahahahahahaha

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Nokia 8.3 5G Unboxing And Full Review After 2 Months + Price (photos) / Check Out Iphone 8 And Iphone 8 Plus Specifications And Price In Nigeria / Possible Reasons Why MTN Changed Recharge Card Loading Pattern, Reduces Card PIN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.