Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,854 members, 7,802,738 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:23 PM

The Untrustworthiness Of MTN - The New Data Plans - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Untrustworthiness Of MTN - The New Data Plans (41979 Views)

9mobile New Latest List Of Data Plans Subscription Codes & Prices 2017 / My Experience In The Hands Of MTN Nigeria Whatsapp Care [see Pictures] / How To Opt Out Of MTN Subscriptions That Are Stealing Your Credit Yourself (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Untrustworthiness Of MTN - The New Data Plans by tosyne2much(m): 7:30am On May 17, 2016
jejemanito:
grin grin way to go bro
that was how those coporate thieves said if I could spend 200 naira during the day, I'd browsed free in the night
You had to see the way I kept vigil till 1am only to find out it was sheer scam

Between Satan and MTN, I'm still trying to figure out who is more skilled at donating with the right hand while milking you dry with left.
Hahahaha lmao cheesy I can't stop laughing cheesy
Re: The Untrustworthiness Of MTN - The New Data Plans by SwtzMinx(f): 7:30am On May 17, 2016
Same thing here. Subscribed for the 5k, 10gb plan. As at yesterday morning, I still had about 5.5gb left. Only for me to check in the afternoon around 4pm and I saw 0.0kb left.

4 Likes

Re: The Untrustworthiness Of MTN - The New Data Plans by Dygeasy(m): 7:30am On May 17, 2016
greatjoey:

Nobody is ubiquitous in knowledge. The advertisement did not help issues as it left some sensitive information murky. In data subscription, if you are on better talk and you are given some bonuses after recharge, you don't use the same amount recharged for data subscription. This is because, the amount has lost its face value by virtue of the bonuses received, in this regard, after hundred percent of 2000. What you need do, for you to enjoy the data you must migrate from better talk before the next recharge. In this way, your data shall be fully utilised. You don't eat your cake and have it. Thank you.
What are you saying? I've always subscribed the night plan with the same line on that same tariff with the promo too and it has always gone well.

My grouse is with this new data plan. They haven't gotten their acts right with it.

3 Likes

Re: The Untrustworthiness Of MTN - The New Data Plans by Angrymode: 7:31am On May 17, 2016
If you people think properly you will know that MTN is only adjusting to the fuel hike. Make una go out go protest with labour or else!!!!!!
Re: The Untrustworthiness Of MTN - The New Data Plans by MUVA(m): 7:34am On May 17, 2016
BoleynDynaSTY:

cheesy grin Modern day Vampire. tongue
I couldn't sleep sad
Re: The Untrustworthiness Of MTN - The New Data Plans by ALAYORMII: 7:34am On May 17, 2016
refiner:
undecided
......never knew some people still uses emptyhen for subscriptions.....

that network can frustrate....they are very greedy...just like the devil,they give with their left hand and take everything with their right hand!undecided

mtsheeeeew...airtel all the way?wink

How do you cope with airtel data sapping?

Subbed for 1.5k for 3gig, it didn't last two weeks.

My phone was calculating 1.8gig, Airtel was telling Mii my sub has finished.

Had to switch to MTN

2 Likes

Re: The Untrustworthiness Of MTN - The New Data Plans by sashx(m): 7:35am On May 17, 2016
kingphilip:
Hmmmm that's emptyhen for you

How about switching to airtel and enjoy their 5x bonus I think that's better than better talk

Do that and thank me later

Bros how does this 5x of a thing work and how do I subscribe to it?
Re: The Untrustworthiness Of MTN - The New Data Plans by tosyne2much(m): 7:36am On May 17, 2016
MTN customer care agents are the most clueless, naive and incompetent bunch of retards you can ever come across. They will always look for a way to heap the blame on you when they are clueless about your situation.

Their mostly used cliches are " kindly switch off your phone and switch it on back"; The machine for running the programme is currently not responding, therefore, kindly call back within 24 hours smh

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Untrustworthiness Of MTN - The New Data Plans by mark3009(m): 7:36am On May 17, 2016
teeboy03:
I am experiencing the same at the moment.subscribed for the 3.5gb at 2000 last week.still had 2.9g data as at the last time I checked on Sunday. I have not been able to browse since yesterday afternoon. thought it was network issues.

checked my data balance only to see this

Y'ello! ,Your data bundle balance is additional balance 0.0 MB expires: 19/May/2016,

still dont know how I finished up 2.9gb of data in less than 24hrs without any downloads.
There has been a lot of complains about the new 3g plan unlike the 1.5g plan. Mtn should address this or let su scribers come together and report them to ncc.

2 Likes

Re: The Untrustworthiness Of MTN - The New Data Plans by TOPCRUISE(m): 7:37am On May 17, 2016
WHEN IT COMES TO DATA ISSUES, THEIR CUSTOMER CARE A JUST TOO INEXPERIENCED, NAIVE AND USELESS TO SOLVE SUCH PROBLEMS AND THE ANNOYING THEY WILL BE CLAIMING I KNOW TOO MUCH.
Re: The Untrustworthiness Of MTN - The New Data Plans by menstrualpad: 7:39am On May 17, 2016
NnamdiN:
you guys need to realize that the customer care guys are usually as helpless as everyone else. Most times, there's no explanation. The system would show that everything is alright but the damn data just vanished. What do you expect the agent to say? He was even lucky the guy tried to explain.
For such calls, our best answer is "the application i'd use to check your line isn't available at the moment, kindly give us a call back". No time.
Wereh you need to get a job as a politician's PA on media. Lols
Re: The Untrustworthiness Of MTN - The New Data Plans by adewasco2k(m): 7:39am On May 17, 2016
I think the thing is random, on Saturday I subscribed the 3.5GB on my iPad and same on my phone... I use my iPad mostly....my phone is just majorly for Whatsapp and emails that's all....all activities are on my iPad....just yesterday I noticed the phone was not browsing again..... I thought it was network but the iPad was browsing so I checked the data and behold 0mb remaining I screamed and checked that of the iPad and I still have 2.3GB and I did Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, browsing N all on the iPad.

I just did the 10gb last night again..... Monitoring it for proper review. Both sim are on pulse

2 Likes

Re: The Untrustworthiness Of MTN - The New Data Plans by rheether(f): 7:40am On May 17, 2016
kingphilip:
Hmmmm that's emptyhen for you

How about switching to airtel and enjoy their 5x bonus I think that's better than better talk

Do that and thank me later

What plan is that? and what is the code?u
Re: The Untrustworthiness Of MTN - The New Data Plans by greatjoey: 7:40am On May 17, 2016
Dygeasy:
What are you saying? I've always subscribed the night plan with the same line on that same tariff with the promo too and it has always gone well.

My grouse is with this new data plan. They haven't gotten their acts right with it.
Ok. I understand you better. On my part, I encountered a similar thing with AIRTEL and that was the explain. However, you may migrate to a different plan and check it out.
Re: The Untrustworthiness Of MTN - The New Data Plans by rheether(f): 7:42am On May 17, 2016
ritababe:

glo like seriously? that's the network I will advice for my enemy so that they won't get me on time.

How will you be in Nigeria and still be using glo? The frustration nah die.

1 Like

Re: The Untrustworthiness Of MTN - The New Data Plans by freeapostle: 7:43am On May 17, 2016
MTN are cooperate theft, I have the same experience with this there surprise messages and to my greatest surprise it's all scam
1. Why will MTN charge data usage on bonus airtime when you have already bought data, why not reserve it for calls only like other network, because nobody sees how they charge on data. The same beta talk you can't even transfer airtime to a friend In distress because MTN gave you bonus. The bonus they charge 50/min, those people are serious scam in this country. Even the regular call charges are programed to fluctuate from normal to high charges without millions of customers noticing it. COOPERATE THEFT that what they are.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Untrustworthiness Of MTN - The New Data Plans by idros4real: 7:44am On May 17, 2016
It is pertinent to know that only MTN can do such to their customer. My brother I was once a victim of such, imagine I subscribe blackberry monthly plan to my blackberry at 08:46pm and at about 09:53pm I received a message that my subscription has expired. I called them but they keep saying we are sorry for the inconvenience we might have caused you moreover they are not transparent in terms of data usage. Imagine MTN telling you that you are within fair usage and while their counterpart Glo will show you that your data remain 3072MB. Since that day I port to Glo even when glo increased it to #1400 I still stand with glo. So my brother just port to a better network and look for a suitable data plan.

1 Like

Re: The Untrustworthiness Of MTN - The New Data Plans by chizidgreat(m): 7:44am On May 17, 2016
[quote author=kingphilip post=45689498]Hmmmm that's emptyhen for you

Do that and thank me later[/quote
The 5x bonus that ends in just a day?
Re: The Untrustworthiness Of MTN - The New Data Plans by dokiOloye(m): 7:45am On May 17, 2016
JonSnow:
I'm facing this same issue. I subscribed for their new N2000 plan two days ago. did a little browsing yesterday (Konga, NL)

just checked this evening, my data balance is 0.0kb.

MTN are thieves!! angry angry
Same thing happened to me.I subscribed for their 2k for 3.5gig last week Wednesday and by yesterday, I got a message that my data is exhausted.
Called their customer care and she started telling me lots of poo abt having left applications running,this and that. I angrily ended on her while she was still blabbing.
Re: The Untrustworthiness Of MTN - The New Data Plans by shilexman(m): 7:46am On May 17, 2016
I also subscribed to mtn pulse 1gb for #500 Buh I was given 750mb instead.
Re: The Untrustworthiness Of MTN - The New Data Plans by anny268(f): 7:47am On May 17, 2016
ritababe:

glo like seriously? that's the network I will advice for my enemy so that they won't get me on time.
Glo network isn't that bad... Guess it has to do with ur location. Mine is cool.

1 Like

Re: The Untrustworthiness Of MTN - The New Data Plans by greatman247(m): 7:48am On May 17, 2016
Guy switch over to glo. Its the best. They even dash u bonus in double and they won't take a kobo from it. MTN Is like devil, if they give u one thing they will always look for way to take back 200 things away from you. Whatever MTN gives u does not come from their heart, they only give just for giving sake cos other operators are giving too. Glo is best, mtn betatalk is rubbish, I can't advice my enemy to use it. Their bonus don't last. But I enjoy glo bonus even the main credit and its internet last me for one full month, nothing is hidden with glo. Mtn will deduct from your credit, subscribing for you by force you won't even know when you subscribe for some services on mtn, they will subscribe it for u without you aware of it, all is for them to always deduct from your credit.

1 Like

Re: The Untrustworthiness Of MTN - The New Data Plans by unikprince(m): 7:50am On May 17, 2016
AngelAhnie:
Airtel all the way
pls what's the code for this Airtel stuff?
Re: The Untrustworthiness Of MTN - The New Data Plans by marvolio2000(m): 7:50am On May 17, 2016
Hey bruf, I think this is what happened to me yesterday, as yesterday morning, I had about 2.97 gig connected to my kids tablets via hotspot to download apps for them, i couldn't even download cos the network was slow and it kept telling me,download error. I left Benin for Warri disconnected my hotspot, by the time I got to Warri my 2.9 gig was finished totally without actually downloading. Did another subscription last night I qm still monitoring it.

2 Likes

Re: The Untrustworthiness Of MTN - The New Data Plans by jrerico1(m): 7:51am On May 17, 2016
Gosh I love MTN.. I subscribed for 500# 750mb, on its date of expiration MTN gave me extra 750mb for Another week for free without any charge.. Still rocking 25# 500mb in my other sim too.. MTN is back for real

1 Like

Re: The Untrustworthiness Of MTN - The New Data Plans by abuamir21(m): 7:52am On May 17, 2016
had similar issue ystrdy. subscribe mtn night on mtnpulse, when it was time to browse d thing no wrk..
Re: The Untrustworthiness Of MTN - The New Data Plans by Nobody: 7:52am On May 17, 2016
The new 2k for 3.5gb isn't supposed to be day and night but MTN gave me 4.5gb instead of the 3.5 and now they've finished the day data. I'm left with night plan now. I wonder why they can't be trustworthy and call a spade a spade.

3 Likes

Re: The Untrustworthiness Of MTN - The New Data Plans by idros4real: 7:53am On May 17, 2016
tosyne2much:
MTN customer care agents are the most clueless, naive and incompetent bunch of retards you can ever come across. They will always look for a way to heap the blame on you when they are clueless about your situation.

Their mostly used cliches are " kindly switch off your phone and switch it on back"; The machine for running the programme is currently not responding, therefore, kindly call back within 24 hours smh

Bro what of this cliche please we are sorry for the incovenience we might have caused you please we will have to run a check on your line please hold on, some minutes later they will say your sim has not been updated kindly give us a call back bunch of retards and incompetent fellows.

1 Like

Re: The Untrustworthiness Of MTN - The New Data Plans by Tex42(m): 7:53am On May 17, 2016
Dygeasy:
Thank You. They even asked me to go to their office. I won't take this.

I don't care what length I have to go. That data must be returned.
Well, it's now evident that the new data package rolled out by mtn few days ago is to defraud Nigerians, always have ma doubts about any thing that has to do with mtn and that is why i didn't subscribe for any of those data package they rolled out. We all know mtn Sha, na scammers them be.

What am I trying to say;... U should not only visit their(office), me think it is high time NCC learnt about what just went down b/w Nigerians and mtn this past couple of days.

1 Like

Re: The Untrustworthiness Of MTN - The New Data Plans by wristbangle: 7:54am On May 17, 2016
ritababe:

It depends on your locality. Glo is not that bad as u people say. I do use it and am not regretting using it. MTN are vagabonds.
Re: The Untrustworthiness Of MTN - The New Data Plans by habsydiamond(m): 7:55am On May 17, 2016
Eh eh, this mtn own sef too much oo dem just dey lick ur data like rainbow dey lick water.
Re: The Untrustworthiness Of MTN - The New Data Plans by Amberon: 7:56am On May 17, 2016
in other news, you're an MTN caller representative yh?
NnamdiN:
you guys need to realize that the customer care guys are usually as helpless as everyone else. Most times, there's no explanation. The system would show that everything is alright but the damn data just vanished. What do you expect the agent to say? He was even lucky the guy tried to explain.
For such calls, our best answer is "the application i'd use to check your line isn't available at the moment, kindly give us a call back". No time.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Nokia 8.3 5G Unboxing And Full Review After 2 Months + Price (photos) / Check Out Iphone 8 And Iphone 8 Plus Specifications And Price In Nigeria / Possible Reasons Why MTN Changed Recharge Card Loading Pattern, Reduces Card PIN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.