Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,892 members, 7,802,875 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:33 AM

The Untrustworthiness Of MTN - The New Data Plans - Phones (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Untrustworthiness Of MTN - The New Data Plans (41980 Views)

9mobile New Latest List Of Data Plans Subscription Codes & Prices 2017 / My Experience In The Hands Of MTN Nigeria Whatsapp Care [see Pictures] / How To Opt Out Of MTN Subscriptions That Are Stealing Your Credit Yourself (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Untrustworthiness Of MTN - The New Data Plans by JideSM: 11:31am On May 17, 2016
As discussed on phone, please note that your issue and all other related data issues are currently receiving attention. Be assured that all issues will be resolved as soon as possible. Once again I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.
JideSM:

Apologies for the inconvenience. Kindly PM your number for assistance.
Please see thread https://www.nairaland.com/1379574/mtn-customer-care-thread/147
Re: The Untrustworthiness Of MTN - The New Data Plans by shollyboy2: 11:40am On May 17, 2016
All of una go still run come Glo, come and Glo with us with bride.
Re: The Untrustworthiness Of MTN - The New Data Plans by kinibigdeal(m): 11:40am On May 17, 2016
ritababe:

glo like seriously? that's the network I will advice for my enemy so that they won't get me on time.

shocked
Re: The Untrustworthiness Of MTN - The New Data Plans by Kelz1st(m): 11:47am On May 17, 2016
I was really going to subscribe for the same plan today
after reading through ur complain am confused cos am really tired of glo and its sluggish a$s network
[color=#000000][/color]
Re: The Untrustworthiness Of MTN - The New Data Plans by Sammyblaq(m): 11:55am On May 17, 2016
kinibigdeal:
Stick with Glo
Kai! don't go there mbok.
Re: The Untrustworthiness Of MTN - The New Data Plans by Anijay1212(m): 12:01pm On May 17, 2016
kingphilip:
Hmmmm that's emptyhen for you

How about switching to airtel and enjoy their 5x bonus I think that's better than better talk

Do that and thank me later
Whats the code for migrating.
Re: The Untrustworthiness Of MTN - The New Data Plans by 2rucool(m): 12:05pm On May 17, 2016
I will advise you to join Etisalat, if they mistakenly overcharge you they will compensate you reasonably both for data and calls.
My 1gb data for last month was to expire on the 1st of May but I didn't know because I don't normally put it in mind believing that they will notify some days before its expiration but unfortunately they didn't and on that day they wiped off my 250mb.
I called their customer care and they promised to get back to me.
At exactly 12 hours later they refunded me with 500 naira worth of airtime to call all network and some series of sms to apologise. Infact, I was more than impress I never knew a telecom company can do that in Nigeria. Honestly, Etisalat rocks.

2 Likes

Re: The Untrustworthiness Of MTN - The New Data Plans by Topmaike007(m): 12:06pm On May 17, 2016
Mtn no be network atall my fellow nairalanders I still prefer etisalat and glo to mtn
Re: The Untrustworthiness Of MTN - The New Data Plans by kinibigdeal(m): 12:09pm On May 17, 2016
Everyone should file there complain about MTN here. I Just refer NCC to this thread.. For complain, use the following NCC links

http://consumer.ncc.gov.ng/file-a-consumer-complaint/
Re: The Untrustworthiness Of MTN - The New Data Plans by kinibigdeal(m): 12:10pm On May 17, 2016
Dygeasy:
I subscribed to the new MTN Data plan of 2,000 naira for 3.5gig yesterday. I'm on the Bettertalk plan which gives me triple of every recharge so I got 4,000 naira bonus upon recharge.

I did the subscription while still having the bonus intact. Now according to a Customer Care representative when I enquired sometime ago, I was told that if you subscribe to any data plan on Bettertalk, before your data starts getting deducted they would start deducting from the bonus airtime for any internet-related activity. That is however true from my previous data subscription with MTN when I used to do the 4.5 gig for 2,500 Naira.

For the past 20 hours I have made calls and used the Internet all of which were charged from my 4,000 nara bonus airtime.

Late into the evening, I checked my data balance and I had my full 3.5gig intact and I saw another 700mb for night plan. I disregarded that as system error and went about my own normal business.

I used the Internet for a while and about three hours later, I wanted to see if they had started deducting from my data and Lo! I saw I had 615mb left.

I didn't download. In fact I made sure I didn't download because I wanted to ensure I used a substantial amount of the airtime to make calls.

How on earth did I spend 2.9 gig in three hours?

I called Customer Care and they were quoting some nonsensical thousands of kilobytes that I used.

My phone is telling me otherwise. No matter the difference in the data usage calculations, it shouldn't be that much. Screenshot attached.

This is a huge inconvenience from MTN. 2,000 Naira might be meagre but this is unacceptable.

This is not my first time of subscribing on this phone for different data plans. Why is this different? I am not going to accept this.

File your complain here

http://consumer.ncc.gov.ng/file-a-consumer-complaint/
Re: The Untrustworthiness Of MTN - The New Data Plans by youngsahito(m): 12:10pm On May 17, 2016
kingphilip:

How about switching to airtel and enjoy their 5x bonus I think that's better than better talk

how do I get d 5x bonus on my Airtel line?
Re: The Untrustworthiness Of MTN - The New Data Plans by Nobody: 12:10pm On May 17, 2016
Dygeasy:
Thank You.

I have received calls and emails from them and they told me to calm down that there's a glitch in their system.

I am hoping they'll do a rectification soon.

Thank you Sir.

angry
Re: The Untrustworthiness Of MTN - The New Data Plans by Nobody: 12:20pm On May 17, 2016
gift01:
I don't believe this one bit. Am not holding forth for MTN but recheck what you subscribed for. Based on their advert I saw today (with Falz the bad guy) they called it Pulse reloaded. So if you not on MTN pulse....magical things could happen. Can we have a screen shot of when you subscribed? The 3gig for 2k would last for 30 days. Why is yours expiring July 2016? No vex oh but let's just properly scrutinize you. Cheers
Bro, Empty hen never get u b4 shey ? lol
Re: The Untrustworthiness Of MTN - The New Data Plans by Sammyblaq(m): 12:24pm On May 17, 2016
I've heard, tested and believed. There is no good network(MTN,glo,Etisalat,Airtel) in this country.
To God; they keep robbing Peter to pay Paul.

I've experienced a whole lot of shit... I no wan reason MTN sef. They rolled out a promo, recharge 1k and get #3875 + 315MB for 14days. A minute call na almost 100h.
Etisalat, I browsed just on a page and 250MB went down.
Glo, I had about 2gig on my line but no network to browse.
Airtel, As the network dey fast na so en go finish.
Everybody gat a story to tell... if u no get. One day dey go bite u.

My own case pass MB issue... Am been charged on services I didn't opt in for. 30363,30803 wan kill me on glo.

All the network cases na "weta isi bia were isi"

1 Like

Re: The Untrustworthiness Of MTN - The New Data Plans by GoodMuyis(m): 12:26pm On May 17, 2016
Dygeasy
Its Technical Error, it must have being solve now
Re: The Untrustworthiness Of MTN - The New Data Plans by Dygeasy(m): 12:26pm On May 17, 2016
Kachisbarbie:

angry
Why you dey squeeze face na? cheesy
Re: The Untrustworthiness Of MTN - The New Data Plans by Olasco93: 12:34pm On May 17, 2016
kingphilip:

Please how can I get the 5x on my Airtel lines?
Re: The Untrustworthiness Of MTN - The New Data Plans by udysweet(f): 12:39pm On May 17, 2016
Na wa o! So wch network can one now use. 1.5gig finished in 10days! Can instagram zap all dat in 10days? Cos dats all I mostly use. Facebook and whatsapp I hardly use on my android. Mosst of my internet stuff are done wit my BB(still d cheapest sub for now)
I ported from Glo to etisalat but realised their data is exxpensive and since I hardly do oda appsni jus subbed to the smartpak jare till am fully loaded.
Wish dey ddnt hav to be crooked:giviing us cheap data but scooping dem up back
Re: The Untrustworthiness Of MTN - The New Data Plans by Bonnywest: 12:39pm On May 17, 2016
JonSnow:
I'm facing this same issue. I subscribed for their new N2000 plan two days ago. did a little browsing yesterday (Konga, NL)

just checked this evening, my data balance is 0.0kb.

MTN are thieves!! angry angry

One chance, lol... Thank u for sharing so others won't fall for their scam. So sorry 4 ur loss, This EmptyN should be careful
Re: The Untrustworthiness Of MTN - The New Data Plans by wealthyhrt: 1:00pm On May 17, 2016
Please lets sue them together if you would wish to sue them on this matter.i m very much willing because they did same to me and i have all the evidences against them.
Re: The Untrustworthiness Of MTN - The New Data Plans by Captain6(m): 1:18pm On May 17, 2016
H
Laveda:

Hopefully cheesy sad
Babe forget mtn matter,you look sweet kiss,I fit die on top ur matter o
Re: The Untrustworthiness Of MTN - The New Data Plans by foonshur(m): 1:26pm On May 17, 2016
MTN sef don dey copy airtel. na airtel be their baba for data scam. glo is much better tho.
Re: The Untrustworthiness Of MTN - The New Data Plans by Nobody: 1:28pm On May 17, 2016
Believe MTN at your own risk! Airtel rocks hommies!
Re: The Untrustworthiness Of MTN - The New Data Plans by mjames: 1:29pm On May 17, 2016
kingphilip:

Please code and the plan?
Re: The Untrustworthiness Of MTN - The New Data Plans by iliyande(m): 1:31pm On May 17, 2016
pet4ril:
but etisalat calls is too expensive. Or is there anything I can do to make it cheaper? They charge me #25 per minute angry i really want to abandon my mtn line for just receiving of calls

migrate to Etisalat Easylife 4.0 Limited Edition from your current plan, simply dial the code *420*1# @11K/Sec (N6.60K/min) for a daily access fee of N5 which is only triggered at your first call of the day – meaning that without you making any call in a day, the N5 access fee will not be charged.

I left airtel because they increase their tariff fron 11k/sec to 15k/sec

I am not regretting it
Re: The Untrustworthiness Of MTN - The New Data Plans by kstix(m): 1:33pm On May 17, 2016
mediatri:
Mtn na scam, 200 for 1gb all this plans na wash, even the 25 naira for 500 has been scraped.
thats not true. I still used the 25 naira plan today
Re: The Untrustworthiness Of MTN - The New Data Plans by manucho: 1:35pm On May 17, 2016
Sammyblaq:
I've heard, tested and believed. There is no good network(MTN,glo,Etisalat,Airtel) in this country.
To God; they keep robbing Peter to pay Paul.

I've experienced a whole lot of shit... I no wan reason MTN sef. They rolled out a promo, recharge 1k and get #3875 + 315MB for 14days. A minute call na almost 100h.
Etisalat, I browsed just on a page and 250MB went down.
Glo, I had about 2gig on my line but no network to browse.
Airtel, As the network dey fast na so en go finish.
Everybody gat a story to tell... if u no get. One day dey go bite u.

My own case pass MB issue... Am been charged on services I didn't opt in for. 30363,30803 wan kill me on glo.

All the network cases na "weta isi bia were isi"

Bro you nailed and killed everything even eti sent me a text to load 2000 naira for 3.5gb bro I did it they gave me 2024mb called their customer care the guy and the lady I spoke to were all talking gibberish. Ran back to mtn did the same thing and I'm rocking it jeje with no ish. They all sucks and full of trash. Make all of dem go die
Re: The Untrustworthiness Of MTN - The New Data Plans by Chrisx1x(m): 2:00pm On May 17, 2016
mediatri:
Mtn na scam, 200 for 1gb all this plans na wash, even the 25 naira for 500 has been scraped.
mtn really did me shaygay with this plan,all the movies i was downloading kept terminating almost when the download is complete.it was just restarting anyhow thereby wasting my precious time and battery.chai! Mtn do me
Re: The Untrustworthiness Of MTN - The New Data Plans by Adonis3: 2:14pm On May 17, 2016
kingphilip:

what plan is that?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Nokia 8.3 5G Unboxing And Full Review After 2 Months + Price (photos) / Check Out Iphone 8 And Iphone 8 Plus Specifications And Price In Nigeria / Possible Reasons Why MTN Changed Recharge Card Loading Pattern, Reduces Card PIN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.