Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,541 members, 7,808,992 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:42 PM

Buhari, Osinbajo Should Declare Their Assets Publicly - Ex-NHRC Chairman - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari, Osinbajo Should Declare Their Assets Publicly - Ex-NHRC Chairman (11829 Views)

A Credible Northerner, Not Osinbajo Should Succeed Buhari In 2019 / Why Osinbajo Should Not Sign 2017 Budget – Falana / Dollar Fall: Yemi Osinbajo Should Teach Buhari His Magic - Sen Ben Murray-bruce (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari, Osinbajo Should Declare Their Assets Publicly - Ex-NHRC Chairman by Firefire(m): 7:10am On May 17, 2016
fiizznation:
Sir firefire, seriously I even had a laugh when you said buhari lied about his assets declaration in 2014 which didn't correspond with his 2015 assets declaration. Now a good economics will just laugh at you my brother

I follow you laugh the wayo man jare. cheesy

Buhary the wayo wayo man, one statement today another tommorow. Chai!

2 Likes

Re: Buhari, Osinbajo Should Declare Their Assets Publicly - Ex-NHRC Chairman by fiizznation: 7:15am On May 17, 2016
omenka:
My problem isn't even that but the lie the op is telling the public. How does Odinkalu saying something amount to NHRC saying the same?? Very disgusting.
My brother I wish I know who the odinkalu is and what he exactly said on national TV{channels I guess}. But one thing we are all sure of is; the president and his vice have declared their assets publicly
Re: Buhari, Osinbajo Should Declare Their Assets Publicly - Ex-NHRC Chairman by freeze001(f): 7:16am On May 17, 2016
DropShot:

It's Buhari. So, stop fooling yourself around here.

P

Haba even the name worry like this? But una go follow dey call Igbo-Ibo, IPOB-ipod, Ipad etc, Jonathan-Jonathan and so on...so do u and all others that engage in such agree that you're also fooling yourselves?

1 Like

Re: Buhari, Osinbajo Should Declare Their Assets Publicly - Ex-NHRC Chairman by freeze001(f): 7:19am On May 17, 2016
fiizznation:
My brother I wish I know who the odinkalu is and what he exactly said on national TV{channels I guess}. But one thing we are all sure of is; the president and his vice have declared their assets publicly

freeze001:
The only thing that qualifies as public declaration of assets is the publication of assets declaration forms as signed by the declarant and verified by the CCB. Any other thing like that half-assed speech by Shehu Garba is only meant to create plausible deniability for Buhari in the event that there is more found to be belonging to him than supposedly declared.

Now the regular supporters are saying buhari has declared but when new developments are brought to limelight exposing their tin god as criminally fraudulent, they will say he never declared it himself neither did he publish any document signed by him regarding his assets!

2 Likes

Re: Buhari, Osinbajo Should Declare Their Assets Publicly - Ex-NHRC Chairman by fiizznation: 7:43am On May 17, 2016
freeze001:

I remember very well that when he just entered office as President people demanded for the public declaration of his assets and that of the Vice president as promised during the election campaigns. The response from all supporters were that they had made their declaration to the CCB and so there must be time given for verification.

What was the aim of the verification requirement? Is it not obvious to you that the content of the asset declaration forms as verified by the CCB ought to be made public? In ur honest opinion devoid of bias and political affiliation, does that statement by Garba Shehu qualify as full disclosure of assets of the President? Remember the requirement is for the declaration of the assets of the public holder and those of family members above 18. Are any of those details in the public domain? What about the Vice President? Even if no member of hos family owns any asset, where is the declaration to that effect?

What is public declaration of assets other than publication of the assets form sworn under oath or a full disclosure by the President himself? How can Shehu say d President owns land somewhere in Portharcourt but doesn't know the location? Would you really accept that?
The presidency told everyone that buhari has 30million naira, one union bank account, shares in berger paint, union bank and sky bank, five homes, two plots of lands, an orchard, a ranch, 270 cows, five horses, 25 sheeps, trees and six cars. Mind you the president and his vice declared their assets before they took the oath of office, that's before statutory deadline. Now if you or the CCB think their assets declaration is false, then it is left for you to investigate and then prove them wrong. That's what the law said and that's how it is done
Re: Buhari, Osinbajo Should Declare Their Assets Publicly - Ex-NHRC Chairman by fiizznation: 7:47am On May 17, 2016
Firefire:

I follow you laugh the wayo man jare. cheesy

Buhary the wayo wayo man, one statement today another tommorow. Chai!
Don't forget you are yet to provide that link were the President promised to disclosed his net worth. @ freeze001, maybe you can help your friend with the link
Re: Buhari, Osinbajo Should Declare Their Assets Publicly - Ex-NHRC Chairman by freeze001(f): 8:24am On May 17, 2016
fiizznation:
Don't forget you are yet to provide that link were the President promised to disclosed his net worth. @ freeze01, maybe you can help your friend with the link

The president is on record as having promised to publicly declare his assets. His net worth as at the time of his ascendancy into office ought to have been disclosed in his assets declaration form. Since u say his full and complete declaration has been made, u would need to provide a link of the assets declaration form as signed by the president and verified by the CCB.

That confers some credibility on u and the process of fighting corruption otherwise ur efforts here at defending the indefensible remain a futility.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari, Osinbajo Should Declare Their Assets Publicly - Ex-NHRC Chairman by Firefire(m): 9:59am On May 17, 2016
anwe:
If a leader promised one thing and do another, what type of leader is he ?
Promises are to be kept. This alone is enough to remove him from office.
Another being that only Angels will serve in his cabinet, what is Ameachi still doing in the cabinet after indictment by Rivers state govt. white or black paper

We have leaders and we have rulers.

Buhary is a dictator then, now and forever. Can a leopard change its skin ?

3 Likes

Re: Buhari, Osinbajo Should Declare Their Assets Publicly - Ex-NHRC Chairman by berrystunn(m): 11:17am On May 17, 2016
Story
Re: Buhari, Osinbajo Should Declare Their Assets Publicly - Ex-NHRC Chairman by repogirl(f): 11:18am On May 17, 2016
All liars and decievers will have their place in the lake of Fire!!
Re: Buhari, Osinbajo Should Declare Their Assets Publicly - Ex-NHRC Chairman by Nobody: 11:19am On May 17, 2016
How many times should Buhari declare his assets?
Re: Buhari, Osinbajo Should Declare Their Assets Publicly - Ex-NHRC Chairman by Wadasco(m): 11:20am On May 17, 2016
is he not satisfied with the constitutional provisions .?
Re: Buhari, Osinbajo Should Declare Their Assets Publicly - Ex-NHRC Chairman by 4nobody4every1: 11:20am On May 17, 2016
DropShot:

Don't be a lazy punk!

He has declared and anyone who isn't satisfied can do either of my suggestions.

After all, the Ineffectual Buffoon didn't even give a damn.
Keneking:
How many times should Buhari declare his assets?

Woxxaaaa, food don done for the wailers, listening to Osita Osadebe.....>>>.Peoples club (osondi owendi) and laughing at what you said grin grin grin grin grin

Re: Buhari, Osinbajo Should Declare Their Assets Publicly - Ex-NHRC Chairman by izzou(m): 11:25am On May 17, 2016
DropShot:
Buhari has declared his assets as he wishes to.
If you're not satisfied, you have options: 1. Invoke FOI law to get it. Or
2. Sponsor detectives to do an undercover operation to unravel it.

Dropshot....God bless you
Assets wey they have shown since
If anybody is aggrieved,go to court Stop disturbing us

1 Like

Re: Buhari, Osinbajo Should Declare Their Assets Publicly - Ex-NHRC Chairman by Whizzdom(m): 11:29am On May 17, 2016
ok
Re: Buhari, Osinbajo Should Declare Their Assets Publicly - Ex-NHRC Chairman by Eluwilussit(m): 11:29am On May 17, 2016
fiizznation:
And how many times are they going to do that? When they first came into power, people were screaming that they should declare their assets, they did that. And now you people are saying they should declare it "publicly". So what's then the essence of declaring their assets in the first place? Is not like they don't have any work to do in asorock aside from declaring their assets.

Chai! See comment! cry cry cry cry cry

2 Likes

Re: Buhari, Osinbajo Should Declare Their Assets Publicly - Ex-NHRC Chairman by Innomach(m): 11:31am On May 17, 2016
DropShot:

Buhari has declared his assets as he wishes to.

If you're not satisfied, you have options:
1. Invoke FOI law to get it. Or

2. Sponsor detectives to do an undercover operation to unravel it.
Did anyone had to go to that length to get the said information from late Musa Yaradua? Stop supporting shortcomings. I'm really not interested whether he declare or not. I'm just bothered that nothing seems to be working anymore in this country.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari, Osinbajo Should Declare Their Assets Publicly - Ex-NHRC Chairman by AreaFada2: 11:32am On May 17, 2016
anwe:
If a leader promised one thing and do another, what type of leader is he ?
Promises are to be kept. This alone is enough to remove him from office.
Another being that only Angels will serve in his cabinet, what is Ameachi still doing in the cabinet after indictment by Rivers state govt. white or black paper

To be honest, one expected more transparency from Buhari.

I think Buhari never expected to win. Because in 9ja, sitting presidents don't lose election. At worst they rig it. Hence the silly agbero threat "we will form a parallel govt if we lose". grin grin cheesy

So those 150 cows pre-election stuff, he thought there will never be any need to declare it later.

5 Likes

Re: Buhari, Osinbajo Should Declare Their Assets Publicly - Ex-NHRC Chairman by shammah1(m): 11:34am On May 17, 2016

4 Likes

Re: Buhari, Osinbajo Should Declare Their Assets Publicly - Ex-NHRC Chairman by Sunnynwa: 11:38am On May 17, 2016
fiizznation:
And how many times are they going to do that? When they first came into power, people were screaming that they should declare their assets, they did that. And now you people are saying they should declare it "publicly". So what's then the essence of declaring their assets in the first place? Is not like they don't have any work to do in asorock aside from declaring their assets.

Please when did they declare their assets publicly?

4 Likes

Re: Buhari, Osinbajo Should Declare Their Assets Publicly - Ex-NHRC Chairman by shammah1(m): 11:41am On May 17, 2016
God bless you bro
Firefire:

There is a clear disparity with Buhary statement during his campaign.

A simple question sir, what is the net worth of your president ?

And what is stopping him from instructing CCB to make public his assets declaration forms ?

If you need a sample of good public assets declaration, Buharu should take a clue from Late Musa Yar'Adua

https://www.nairaland.com/62853/yaradua-declares-assets

https://www.proshareng.com/news/General/Yar%E2%80%99-Adua-makes-public-his-assets-declaration/2554

And then there is the question of why Buhari lied in 2014 about being a pauper, and suddenly in 2015, barely a year later, he is such a rich man. Punch disclosed that Buhari had written in his Facebook page (thank God for the internet) as follows:

“I have at least one million naira in my bank, having paid N5.5m to pick my form from my party.

“I have around 150 (head of) cattle because I am never comfortable without cows.

“I have a house each in Kaduna, Kano, and Daura, which I borrowed money to build.

“I never had a foreign account since I finished my courses in the USA, India and the UK.

“I never owned any property outside Nigeria. Never!”

http://africansuntimes.com/2015/09/yaradua-vs-buhari-assets-declaration-buhari-lied-in-2014-about-his-assets/

3 Likes

Re: Buhari, Osinbajo Should Declare Their Assets Publicly - Ex-NHRC Chairman by seguno2: 11:41am On May 17, 2016
DropShot:
Don't be a lazy punk!

He has declared and anyone who isn't satisfied can do either of my suggestions.

After all, the Ineffectual Buffoon didn't even give a damn.

I thought that Jonathan followed the example of Yar'Adua to declare publicly what he had done with CCB.
Is that not true?
Why can't our president and his vice do likewise?

1 Like

Re: Buhari, Osinbajo Should Declare Their Assets Publicly - Ex-NHRC Chairman by Sunnynwa: 11:43am On May 17, 2016
fiizznation:

Do you even know what declaration of asset is?

Here is an example;

Source

Vice President Jonathan Bows To Pressure, Declares N.2Billion In Assets

VP Goodluck Jonathan 
The Vice president Goodluck Jonathan yesterday capitulated to public pressure over the public declaration of his assets as done by his boss, President Umaru Yaradua as he made public his assets declaration to the Code of Conduct Bureau.

The assets which were made public by the senior Special Assistant to the Vice president on Media and Public Affairs, Ima Niboro indicates that the value of the Vice president total assets and cash in banks stands at N295,304,420.

This is about N561, 148,472 less than the assets declare by President Umaru Yar’Adua who declared his total assets to be at the value of N856,452,892.

Mr. Iniboro said the vice president’s decision to make public his assets declaration was to show that ‘there is nothing to hide’.

He added that the vice president is ‘a firm believer in the rule of law and this has guided his conduct in office through the years.

“It is this belief that also guided his position that having declared his assets for a total of seven times, there was no point in going further to publish the declaration” he noted

The vice president’s aide regretted that the position of the vice president not to make public his assets declaration had ‘generated an unfortunate storm, which is not only distractive but also quite unnecessary. We are worried that some newspapers and citizens we hold in high esteem have joined the fray.

“This merely shows that in the affairs of man, there comes a time when even the law must take a second place and the public mood must define our actions. To The Vice president, this is such a time, hence the choice to send you a copy of his declaration for publication” he said.

advertisement

In the assets declaration made public yesterday, it indicated that the vice president submitted his assets declaration before Justice Muktar Dodo of the Abuja high court on 30th May 2007, a day after the oath of office and oath of allegiance was administered on him.

A break down of the assets of the vice president indicates that he has four buildings located in Yenegoa, Abuja and his home town in Ogbia, Bayelsa state.

The Vice president said he owns a five bedroom Duplex in Gwarimpa 11, Abuja which was acquired in 2003 through loan and is valued at N24,990,000 while another Seven Bedroom Duplex, which he described as Village personal Home is located at Otuoke in Ogbia Local government area of Bayelsa state. It is valued at the cost of N18,000, 000 and was acquired through ‘savings and gifts in Kind.

The last of the Vice president’s residential buildings are the Four bedroom Duplex acquired in 2003 through ‘savings and gift in Kind’ in the Kpansia area of Yenegoa. The value of the building, he said is N15,000,000. The last Building is the extended Family house in Yenegoa which he said is a four flat storey Building acquired between 2003 and 2007 through savings. The value of the property is put at N10,000,000.

Under vacant and undeveloped plots, the vice president stated as follows: 1032.50 square meter of land located at Onopa Yenegoa and valued at N3,098.00. Plot 2C, 374 Low density Area Yenegoa allocated by the bayelsa state government and valued at N150,000. 2760.00 square meter plot at cadastral Zone BO2, Durumi, Abuja allocated by the federal Capital Development Authority and valued at N5,578,540. One Parcel of farm Land at Otuoke Ogbia acquired through inheritance and estimated at the value of N50,000,000.

Plot Medium Density in Yenegoa allocated by the Federal Ministry of Works and housing the value of which he said is N1550.00

Plot 29, Low density Area Plot in Yenegoa allocated by the Bayelsa state government the value of which is put at N4,908. While the last undeveloped plot owned by the vice president is plot 2246 Cadastral Zone A06, Abuja the value of which he put at N4, 800,000. It was allocated by the Federal Capital development Authority, FCDA

The Vice president’s investment in stocks which is being managed by City Code Investment Company is as follows.

S/No Name of Stock Number Of Shares Value As At 5/25/07
1 CADBURY PLC 8,666 N264,313
2 FLOUR MILLS PLC 8,466 N635,119.32
3 GUINESS NIG. PLC 6,395 N796,177.50
4 UNILEVER 18,750 N337,500
5 UNION BANK OF NIG. PLC 23,466 N727,446
6 FIDELITY BANK PLC 33,333 N296,663.70
7 UBA PLC 180,000 N6,838,200
8 ACCESS BANK PLC 84,656 N1,635,553.92
9 CADBURY PLC 2,500 N76,250
10 UNION BANK PLC 716,109 N22,199,379
11 FIRST BANK PLC 20,000 N808,000
12 FLOUR MILLS PLC 13,333 N1,000,241.66
13 NIGERIAN BREWERIES PLC 10,000 N363,000
14 BANK PHB PLC 866,666 N24,959,980.80
15 OANDO 15,125 N1,134,375
TOTAL 2,007,465 N62,072,200

Other investments include 4nos passenger boats for hiring which is valued at N5, 260,000. While the total cash in Nigerian banks being personal saving of salaries/allowances and income from his investments stands at N58, 984,123.

The vice president house holds utensils including generators, a BMW car valued at N15, 800,000, which he said was a gift; air conditioners, furniture, electronics and kitchen utensils is valued at N41,800,000.

6 Likes

Re: Buhari, Osinbajo Should Declare Their Assets Publicly - Ex-NHRC Chairman by seguno2: 11:43am On May 17, 2016
izzou:
Dropshot....God bless you

Assets wey they have shown since

If anybody is aggrieved,go to court
Stop disturbing us

Are you saying that our president does not give a damn?

2 Likes

Re: Buhari, Osinbajo Should Declare Their Assets Publicly - Ex-NHRC Chairman by folks4luv(f): 11:47am On May 17, 2016
DropShot:
This is where I hate our media houses. Are we saying not a single one of them can conduct a successful investigative/undercover operation to reveal what was submitted for verification to CCB.

Only Sahara Reporters are trying when it comes to investigative journalism but they also have disappointed on this one.
I am not defending the press I really wish for more investigative journalism, but even is investigations were made and assets discovered, the press can't just publish it except through leakage and even that can be discredited as a rumor by oppositions.
investigative journalism is expensive too, how many media houses will want to spend large amount of Money to investigate hidden assets that will be rejected by even Nigerians?
Re: Buhari, Osinbajo Should Declare Their Assets Publicly - Ex-NHRC Chairman by shammah1(m): 11:50am On May 17, 2016
Mr Omenka, can't you read again? Didn't you see EX NHRC? Meanwhile, part of your State is on rampage by the blood sucking fulani terrorists from Libya. What are you doing about it as a good indigene?
omenka:
How does the opinion of Odinkalu who once worked for the NHRC become a statement from NHRC??

This is one thing that disgusts me about PDP supporters- they tell such barefaced lies just for the hell of it.

What Odinkalu has said is a good thing and I believe pro-Buhari posters like myself would wanna support such an action, but the op didn't have to lie the statement came from National Human Rights Commission when it is coming from a private citizen like himself- it is totally unnecessary.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari, Osinbajo Should Declare Their Assets Publicly - Ex-NHRC Chairman by Firefire(m): 12:09pm On May 17, 2016
shammah1:
You still haven't given us evidence of Buhari & Osibanjo publicly declaring their assets as they promised. Until then, bye CC:Firefire

They are hiding behind one finger.

1 Like

Re: Buhari, Osinbajo Should Declare Their Assets Publicly - Ex-NHRC Chairman by stinechykee: 12:12pm On May 17, 2016
fiizznation:
guy talk wat u know cos PMB never declare his asset u Zombie

3 Likes

Re: Buhari, Osinbajo Should Declare Their Assets Publicly - Ex-NHRC Chairman by izzou(m): 12:13pm On May 17, 2016
seguno2:

Are you saying that our president does not give a damn?
Am saying he has done it before

Whoever doesn't believe what he declares should stop distrbing the public
Just go and find out for yourself
Re: Buhari, Osinbajo Should Declare Their Assets Publicly - Ex-NHRC Chairman by HomeOfMe(f): 12:17pm On May 17, 2016
Firefire:
Buhari, Osinbajo Should Declare Their Assets Publicly - NHRC

A former Chairman of the National Human Rights Commission, Prof. Chidi Odinkalu, says President Muhammadu Buhari and Vice-President Yemi Osinbajo have not done well by not declaring their assets publicly.

Odinkalu spoke in an interview with Channels Television on Sunday night.

He said both leaders should fulfill their campaign promise to declare their assets, adding that transparency was a requisite to fighting corruption effectively.

The human rights activist, however, said the President had demonstrated the courage and will to stop corruption in public office.

Odinkalu said Nigerians were not interested in perfection but that a process of change was set in motion which could then be monitored for further progress in the country.

He said, “I have to say I disagree and continue to disagree with the way in which their asset declarations were managed.

“I don’t think they have kept faith with their campaign promise to publish their assets and I do think that it is necessary in order to fight corruption effectively.

“The President is an individual and he is not going to fight corruption by himself. My view has always been that the most a President could do is to provide leadership.”

Odinkalu said a comment credited to British Prime Minister, David Cameron, that Nigeria is a fantastically corrupt country, was a call to action.

He, however, said Cameron’s comment demonstrated “colonial arrogance.”

He said, “The important thing is (that) we focus on rebuilding our country into something we all can be proud of and a country that works for its citizens and does not excuse the misbehaviour of people because we think those are big people.

“The problem we have with corruption in Nigeria is actually impunity. It’s about institutions and the application of rules to people. That’s where we fail because Nigeria is a very stratified and very hierarchical society.”

http://www.punchng.com/buhari-osinbajo-declare-assets-publicly-odinkalu/

Buhary must hear this...

If they still haven't declared their assets,then they have skeletons in their cupboard,shikena!

3 Likes

Re: Buhari, Osinbajo Should Declare Their Assets Publicly - Ex-NHRC Chairman by fiizznation: 12:17pm On May 17, 2016
stinechykee:
guy talk wat u know cos PMB never declare his asset u Zombie

Cc: mynd44, lalasticlala, seun, Dominique

He broke rule 2
Re: Buhari, Osinbajo Should Declare Their Assets Publicly - Ex-NHRC Chairman by titiakins: 12:33pm On May 17, 2016
fiizznation:
And when did buhari ever promised anybody that he will disclose his net worth? Can you provide a link to that? Besides how can he{buhari} know his net worth as a seating President? Can you mention just one seating President in the world that has ever disclosed his net worth while he was still on seat? Or can you honestly tell me the net worth of late President yar'adua.

He said he will declare his assets which he did publicly and everybody heard him. So what are you saying again?
Your problem is more of English Language than anything

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

FG Approves 13% Derivation For Solid Minerals Producing States - Fayemi / Peter Obi Donates ₦‎20 Million To Foundation Hospital Nsukka / I Reject Illegal Impeachment - Ekiti State Ex-speaker

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.