Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,186 members, 7,807,628 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:31 PM

How Do I Get Back Deleted Partition Disc Space - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / How Do I Get Back Deleted Partition Disc Space (2978 Views)

How To Partition The Computer System / How To Break Partition In Windows 7 / Deleted Files On A PC: Where Do They Go? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Get Back Deleted Partition Disc Space by olamike: 8:14pm On Aug 17, 2009
hi room, pls i partitioned my laptop into 3, then i deleted one of the partition which was 20gb and now my hard disk is 20gb less how can i get to make the lost 20gb come back and add it to my existing disc space, i will apreciate your answers thanks, my email is mike2yk2002@yahoo.com
Re: How Do I Get Back Deleted Partition Disc Space by deji2009(m): 8:28pm On Aug 17, 2009
for you to partition your HDD into 3, you must be very good and know what you were doing.

How did you partition and what was your intension ? e.g the use of any third party software, or to mutiboot

what make is your machine ?

o/s xp or vista ?

which partition did you delete ? e.g recovery partition

based on my experience I"ll be having an educated guess mostly you using hp or compaq. just a guess though
Re: How Do I Get Back Deleted Partition Disc Space by netotse(m): 12:36pm On Aug 18, 2009
1. right click your 'my computer' and click on manage

2. in the left hand bar thingy look for disk management or logical disk management

3. you'll see a bar that has your partitions on it as well as the missing space, right click it you'll see some options there. . .u shld know what to do next(i cant rem. . .lol)and if you dont then you had no biz messing with your partitions in the first place

p.s. if you want the 3rd one back as a partition just format it, what i cant rem is how to merge it back into another one. . .
Re: How Do I Get Back Deleted Partition Disc Space by ritchboy(m): 6:06pm On Aug 20, 2009
netotse:

1. right click your 'my computer' and click on manage

2. in the left hand bar thingy look for disk management or logical disk management

3. you'll see a bar that has your partitions on it as well as the missing space, right click it you'll see some options there. . .u shld know what to do next(i cant rem. . .lol)and if you dont then you had no biz messing with your partitions in the first place

p.s. if you want the 3rd one back as a partition just format it, what i cant rem is how to merge it back into another one. . .

'extend partition' is the magic word grin

(1) (Reply)

Apple Unveils New Ipad Air: Thinnest Tablet Yet[photo] / A Software Used To Transfer Phone App. Through Bluetooth. / Help! Cant Locate Bluetooth Peripheral Device

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.