Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,455 members, 7,808,617 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:20 PM

Iraq Disables Internet In Country To Prevent Students From Cheating (afriwap) - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Iraq Disables Internet In Country To Prevent Students From Cheating (afriwap) (710 Views)

Mtn Pays Fg N18.96bn Set To Roll Out 4g Lte In Lagos & Abuja-Afriwap / Scientist Found A Way To Turn Wood Transparent. (afriwap) / Google Disables April Fools’ Joke After The Prank Backfired (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Iraq Disables Internet In Country To Prevent Students From Cheating (afriwap) by timidapsin(m): 1:46pm On May 17, 2016
Surprising isn't it? Well, the Iraqi government has shut down internet access in a bid to discourage examination malpractice among students taking exams this week.

Meanwhile, this is not the first time the country is shutting down internet access as they periodically do it for political, security and examination purposes.According to data from DYN Research, which is an organization that tracks web outages all over the world. The company's report on their data indicates that internet access was slightly entirely blocked for complete three hours on Saturday, Sunday, and Monday morning this week, between 5AM and 8AM local time.DYN reported..."There was certainly a lot of skepticism about this explanation last summer,but the outages did coincide with exams and nothing emerged to dispute theexplanation," Doug Madory, director of internet analysis at DYN, tells Vocativ.

It is understood that the Iraqi government periodically block internet and even social media sites in attempt to fight insecurity and other purposes. Apart from Iraq, other nations like Uzbekistan, forced a nationwide block in 2014, also in Indian state of Gujarat, blocked mobile networks for complete four hours this year to thwart cheating on a national test for accountants examination.My question is this, do you think this can happen in a country like Nigeria? Can you stay for four hours without Internet access? This means no faecbook, no whatsapp, no browsing, no YouTube etc...

Source: http://afriwap.com/news-livestyle-gist/iraq-disables-internet-in-the-country-to-prevent-students-from-cheating-in-exam
Re: Iraq Disables Internet In Country To Prevent Students From Cheating (afriwap) by timidapsin(m): 1:47pm On May 17, 2016
lalasticlala mynd44 oam4j
Re: Iraq Disables Internet In Country To Prevent Students From Cheating (afriwap) by timidapsin(m): 1:47pm On May 17, 2016
emmyw refiner myfantasies come see this
Re: Iraq Disables Internet In Country To Prevent Students From Cheating (afriwap) by myfantasies(f): 1:55pm On May 17, 2016
timidapsin:
emmyw refiner myfantasies come see this
Borrow me data grin
Re: Iraq Disables Internet In Country To Prevent Students From Cheating (afriwap) by timidapsin(m): 1:56pm On May 17, 2016
myfantasies:
Borrow me data grin
To read article? undecided
Re: Iraq Disables Internet In Country To Prevent Students From Cheating (afriwap) by myfantasies(f): 2:00pm On May 17, 2016
timidapsin:
To read article? undecided
Yes grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Iraq Disables Internet In Country To Prevent Students From Cheating (afriwap) by timidapsin(m): 2:02pm On May 17, 2016
myfantasies:
Yes grin grin grin grin grin
Okay dial *419# on your mobile phone.
Re: Iraq Disables Internet In Country To Prevent Students From Cheating (afriwap) by myfantasies(f): 2:06pm On May 17, 2016
timidapsin:
Okay dial *419# on your mobile phone.
U have to get me a phone before i could dial dat number grin
Re: Iraq Disables Internet In Country To Prevent Students From Cheating (afriwap) by emmyw(m): 5:23pm On May 17, 2016
This doesn't make any sense, why would they shut other people's business because of exam? Do that in Nigeria and the next flight takes me out of the country(No Joke)
Re: Iraq Disables Internet In Country To Prevent Students From Cheating (afriwap) by timidapsin(m): 5:31pm On May 17, 2016
emmyw:
This doesn't make any sense, why would they shut other people's business because of exam? Do that in Nigeria and the next flight takes me out of the country(No Joke)
grin grin

(1) (Reply)

How To Make Solar Panels. / Issue On Techno G9 (phantom Pad II) / 12 Things You Need To Know About The Moon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.