Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,897 members, 7,802,889 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:46 AM

Is It Ok To Pay My Tithes To Different Churches? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Ok To Pay My Tithes To Different Churches? (32403 Views)

What Is Your Take On Couples Who Attend Different Churches? / If We All Pay Tithes To Churches, Who Do Churches Pay Tithes Too? Just Curious / Is It Wrong To Attend Different Churches? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Ok To Pay My Tithes To Different Churches? by mystikal(m): 9:34pm On Aug 17, 2009
Just a careless question!

If i am a staunch member of a single Church ( not one of em' mega churches with branches scatterd around), but my line of job requires me travelling a lot across places n nations, and I happen 2 attend different churches as a result of this, would it be cool 2 split my Tithe among these Churches? Just outta curiosity, is it scripturally or in any ways wrong? I dont think it is, but is it?

Sorry, if this is a duplicated thread, thanks!
Re: Is It Ok To Pay My Tithes To Different Churches? by deor03(m): 9:38pm On Aug 17, 2009
The question you should ask yourself is

I am paying tithe to the church OR to God?

If it is to the church, then stay with you home church

If it is to God, then you can pay it in any of his houses.

This is my thought oh,

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Ok To Pay My Tithes To Different Churches? by mystikal(m): 9:40pm On Aug 17, 2009
Tithe belongs 2 God, so,

Thanks 4 ur contribution!
Re: Is It Ok To Pay My Tithes To Different Churches? by mamagee6(f): 12:29am On Aug 18, 2009
All Tithes and Offering is used in building or buying things that are needed for the Church.
Re: Is It Ok To Pay My Tithes To Different Churches? by Nobody: 7:51am On Aug 18, 2009
I see people have chosen to remain in bondage.

who told you christians are required to pay tithes ?
Re: Is It Ok To Pay My Tithes To Different Churches? by Tonyet1(m): 9:30am On Aug 18, 2009
deor03:

The question you should ask yourself is

I am paying tithe to the church OR to God?

If it is to the church, then stay with you home church

If it is to God, then you can pay it in any of his houses.

This is my thought oh,

That was a nice contribution you made
Re: Is It Ok To Pay My Tithes To Different Churches? by chiejik(f): 10:16am On Aug 18, 2009

chukwudi your name christanish and you are asking this kind of question. shocked shocked
as a true christain you are mandated to pay your 1/10 of your 3money either salary or otherwise. ok read malach1 3;10

1 Like

Re: Is It Ok To Pay My Tithes To Different Churches? by Ovamboland(m): 11:47am On Aug 18, 2009
chiejik:

chukwudi your name christanish and you are asking this kind of question. shocked shocked
as a true christain you are mandated to pay your 1/10 of your 3money either salary or otherwise. ok read malach1 3;10

So there are still Christians on Nairaland who believe they are mandated to pay tithes? embarassed

Well just as there are enough oyinbo magas and mugus for the yahoo boys to fleece. The oyinbos too thought they were sowing in order to reap bountiful harvest grin
Re: Is It Ok To Pay My Tithes To Different Churches? by grace5: 11:52am On Aug 18, 2009
pls pay your tithe to the church you are been fed,you worship every sunday

it belong to JESUS for up-keeping of his church.

thanks
Re: Is It Ok To Pay My Tithes To Different Churches? by touchmeder: 2:48pm On Aug 18, 2009
I laugh cheesy grin
Re: Is It Ok To Pay My Tithes To Different Churches? by JeSoul(f): 2:57pm On Aug 18, 2009
@Poster,

You're not required to tithe, it is a choice.

That being said if you still choose to tithe, you don't "pay" your tithe to a church, you give it to God . . . whether it be in the form of giving to your church, another church, the beggar on the street, your neighbor who is in need etc . . .giving to God is giving to those around you who are in need not simply your chosen church.
Re: Is It Ok To Pay My Tithes To Different Churches? by Nobody: 3:08pm On Aug 18, 2009
@poster
You can pay your tithes to me, I would gladly accept it.

1 Like

Re: Is It Ok To Pay My Tithes To Different Churches? by Utaroz(m): 3:08pm On Aug 18, 2009
There is no call to let off steam here. The question was neither asking for the validity, nor the rationale for tithing. The choice has been made already (and the controversy on tithing have been seriously over-flogged in the past here) , so let us stick to the question raised.

@ poster: I dont think it really matters whichever church one pay his tithes; so long as it is get's to the Lord's storehouse.
Re: Is It Ok To Pay My Tithes To Different Churches? by youngies(m): 3:09pm On Aug 18, 2009
Tithing is a MUST! why now that I have commenced training as a man of god, peeps are saying tithing is a choice cry

You MUST pay your tithe to the resident PASTOR only
You tithe belongs to nobody else, certainly not GOD.
Re: Is It Ok To Pay My Tithes To Different Churches? by oge4real(f): 3:15pm On Aug 18, 2009
I believe tithing is still a valid instruction from God since it has not been deleted from the Bible.
Anyways, it is not wise to pay your tithe to any kind of person that claims to be a man of God.
So, even if you are always on the move, make sure you do not waste your seed on some of these cosmetic pastors, but seek out the true places of worship, so that the essence of your tithing will not be defeated.
Re: Is It Ok To Pay My Tithes To Different Churches? by mystikal(m): 3:18pm On Aug 18, 2009
Thanks people.

Like Utaroz has correctly noted, I am not arguing about the legitimacy of Tithing. Someone has pointed that It is a choice, and It is an option I am comfortable with. the 10% is not neccesarily go' make me miserable.

@ JeSoul
I think ur contribution sounds about right, thanks!

point taken, oge4real
Re: Is It Ok To Pay My Tithes To Different Churches? by SEFAGO(m): 3:26pm On Aug 18, 2009
Yes man split the tithe, it could potentially reduce the amount of private jets in the church industry.
Re: Is It Ok To Pay My Tithes To Different Churches? by Nezan(m): 3:28pm On Aug 18, 2009
Tithe is for God, you can give it to any of His churches, period.
Re: Is It Ok To Pay My Tithes To Different Churches? by mystikal(m): 3:33pm On Aug 18, 2009
SEFAGO:

Yes man split the tithe, it could potentially reduce the amount of private jets in the church industry.
LOL! I love that! was actually thinking along those lines.
Re: Is It Ok To Pay My Tithes To Different Churches? by luckymome(f): 3:36pm On Aug 18, 2009
Tithe is a commandment from God.  It is not if you can.  It says bring ye all the tithe into the storehouse of God,
So tithe must be paid to the church where you are being feed spiritually.  Since by reason of your work you worship at two places, then the place where you take off is your home church, and that is the place that will be responsible to you in any situation.  The place you are known as a member.  Then the other place you can be giving offering, donation as the case may be.

1 Like

Re: Is It Ok To Pay My Tithes To Different Churches? by Ben13: 3:38pm On Aug 18, 2009
Tithes are paid to God through Levites (Servants of God and their household). You must not be in a church before you can pay your tithe.

Pay your tithes and the windows of heaven as God promised, will open up for you with lots of blessings.

But it's best adviced to be paid in the church you hear the word of the Father.
Re: Is It Ok To Pay My Tithes To Different Churches? by darqly(m): 3:41pm On Aug 18, 2009
@Chukwudi, read what the poster wrote before you begin to spew your monologue. He asked if it was ok to give tithes to different churches, not whether you think tithing is lawful or not.
That you have other threads where you claim to have proved tithing as sinful and unlawful is your opinion, keep it to yourself.
Re: Is It Ok To Pay My Tithes To Different Churches? by petres007(m): 3:44pm On Aug 18, 2009
oge4real:

I believe tithing is still a valid instruction from God since it has not been deleted from the Bible.

Oge4real,

In the same vein, I'm sure you believe its also right for Christians to observe the sabbaths (as there are more than one), the seven jewish feasts, circumcision, bring/offer animal sacrifices and offerings, shut down all our churches and head for Jerusalem to worship etc. etc, just to mention a few.

Sorry for adding all these to it, like you said, they've not been deleted from the bible.

You make me wonder what the need is for studying/understanding the bible.  undecided  undecided  undecided
Re: Is It Ok To Pay My Tithes To Different Churches? by Nobody: 4:28pm On Aug 18, 2009
Payment of tithes is not by force, but God specifically promised to multiply your source of income 10-fold if you do, and it comes with a guaranty that you shuld put Him to the test and see for yourself.

As for me, the first time I paid tithe (10% of ALL incoming revenue, yes) was just three months ago, in all my 32+ years on earth, and I am living testimony to the fact that my story has changed - I am NEVER broke, I dont even know how!!

So its not something you belittle or make jest of. It was a promise from God Himself and His Word is alive and true forever. Just make sure you do it with praise and thanksgiving and not with a grudging heart, it is not by force. If you dont want to try His wealth-formula, just leave it and stop abusing the concept.

As to whether you should pay it to one Church or another, I think its relative. I've been paying to the same Church simply because when I moved to my area, it was just a shed. That was some years ago. Now its a mega structure nearing completion. I've decided to keep paying it here towards the Church development. I will probably move my tithes to another un-developed Church when this one is completed. Like @Deor03 implied, you're paying to God. stay blessed

1 Like

Re: Is It Ok To Pay My Tithes To Different Churches? by myspace(m): 4:37pm On Aug 18, 2009
petres_007:

Oge4real,

In the same vein, I'm sure you believe its also right for Christians to observe the sabbaths (as there are more than one), the seven jewish feasts, circumcision, bring/offer animal sacrifices and offerings, shut down all our churches and head for Jerusalem to worship etc. etc,  just to mention a few.

Sorry for adding all these to it,  like you said, they've not been deleted from the bible.

You make me wonder what the need is for studying/understanding the bible.  undecided  undecided  undecided

Abraham Paid a tithe to Melchizedek long before those Jewish laws came into existence. I was once so ignorant to buy into the idea that thithing was not biblical. Now I realize what I what I was missing. I struggled so hard in business with little to show for it despite the fact that I paid no tithes. But some months after I started tithing, God gave me a business idea that I explored. Now, the amount I pay as tithe is even more than I use to make in total when I use to be anti-tithe.

Simply reason why most Christians Tithe?
It is Rewarding

1 Like

Re: Is It Ok To Pay My Tithes To Different Churches? by saintade01(m): 5:00pm On Aug 18, 2009
NOW HOW DO WE ANALYSE THIS:
"I the LORD do not change. So you, O descendants of Jacob, are not destroyed. 7 Ever since the time of your forefathers you have turned away from my decrees and have not kept them. Return to me, and I will return to you," says the LORD Almighty.
"But you ask, 'How are we to return?'
8 "Will a man rob God? Yet you rob me.
"But you ask, 'How do we rob you?'
"In tithes and offerings. 9 You are under a curse—the whole nation of you—because you are robbing me. 10 Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. Test me in this," says the LORD Almighty, "and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that you will not have room enough for it. 11 I will prevent pests from devouring your crops, and the vines in your fields will not cast their fruit," says the LORD Almighty. 12 "Then all the nations will call you blessed, for yours will be a delightful land," says the LORD Almighty.
Re: Is It Ok To Pay My Tithes To Different Churches? by naijacutee(f): 5:16pm On Aug 18, 2009
Paying tithes is not mandatory. It is an outward expression of a heart that wants to worship God with everything it has - including money. You don't have to give a particular organisation your tithes if you don't want to, or if you feel that it would not be used to glorify God (God left church buildings a long time ago). Don't let anyone scare or intimidate you into surrendering 10% of your earnings to his church because then, you will have lost the plot. Tithes are paid to God, the one who gave you the money in the first place - (Deuteronomy 8:18
But remember the LORD your God, for it is he who gives you the ability to produce wealth, and so confirms his covenant, which he swore to your forefathers, as it is today.) Personally, I give only about 20% of my tithes in church. The rest I scatter around voluntary organisations etc, but I would say it is up to your own discretion.
Re: Is It Ok To Pay My Tithes To Different Churches? by yemilois(f): 5:35pm On Aug 18, 2009
spliting the tithe, paying to different churches does not mean anything less than 10%. all you must pay is 10%. for those that said its not biblical to pay tithe, please am earger to know where it is written either implied or verbatim not to pay tithe, pls let me know pls. i want to know. thanks
Re: Is It Ok To Pay My Tithes To Different Churches? by mantraa: 5:35pm On Aug 18, 2009
@poster
You should continue to pay 10% of your income to your main church, and an additional 10% to other church you attend. This way, if tithing works as it is supposed to, you can double the amount you sow and receive double the amount of blessings.  You cant lose, and should join as many churches as possible cheesy

Good luck  grin
Re: Is It Ok To Pay My Tithes To Different Churches? by gbubs: 5:39pm On Aug 18, 2009
Is it even mandatory to pay tithe to a church? where in the Holy Bible was it mentioned that tithe must be paid to the church? You mean I cant decide to remove the 10% and give it to a beggar or a charity? how come "storehouse" = "church" I have been asking this question since I knew the meaning of tithe but no one has given me any correct answers yet, maybe I will get it here
Re: Is It Ok To Pay My Tithes To Different Churches? by mystikal(m): 5:41pm On Aug 18, 2009
@ naijacutiee
u just echoed my intentions actually. because ive always fancied giving a large chunk of my Tithe 2 Charitable Orgs who i know will actually make unquestionable decisions with them.

I guess my question all along shd ve been, are churches d only places Tithes can be paid. Cant I give my Tithes 2 Cancer Research, a Diabetes Trust or some Orphanage somewhere. I guess I can.

@gbubs
ve had d same questions, my broda!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Mike And Gloria Bamiloye Celebrate 28th Wedding Anniversary (Photos) / Alert: Satan Has Poured Out Spirit Of Witchcraft, Heavily. Step Up Your Prayer / Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Believe In Miracles?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.