Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,895 members, 7,802,879 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:15 AM

Is It Ok To Pay My Tithes To Different Churches? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Ok To Pay My Tithes To Different Churches? (32402 Views)

What Is Your Take On Couples Who Attend Different Churches? / If We All Pay Tithes To Churches, Who Do Churches Pay Tithes Too? Just Curious / Is It Wrong To Attend Different Churches? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Ok To Pay My Tithes To Different Churches? by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:33pm On Aug 20, 2009
chukwudi44:

@Oladegbu

The Apostles and other early christians who did not practise tithing are unbeleivers abi

For you to be qualified to give tithes you have to be a good person, are you? Take the test in the link below to see whether you are qualified to practise what the Apostles and prophets did.

http://www.wayofthemaster.com/goodperson.shtml
Re: Is It Ok To Pay My Tithes To Different Churches? by badboym: 3:34pm On Aug 20, 2009
Why pay to already rich Pastors.Please give that money to the Orphanage home.God will accept that better rather than give it to those confused Pastors.
Re: Is It Ok To Pay My Tithes To Different Churches? by ogajim(m): 3:41pm On Aug 20, 2009
These advocates of tithes want to have their cake and eat it too, poster believes in tithes and therefore can decide where to put the cash  grin grin grin grin

As for me, I will not succumb to the excesses of megalomaniac pimps-i mean "pastors"! I will give to whoever comes to mind as someone in need or where I see a need and I am not supposed to give like a pharisee either. These are business people and the Governments ought to start taxing them, these same tithe employees forget that tithe provided the framework for our current tax and banking system.

God is not interested in a percentage folks, your good deeds (should not be disclosed, "your right hand should not know what your left hand is doing), love for your neighbors and even enemies, etc are required of Christians. What is the meaning of "FULFILL", if Jesus Christ fulfilled the law, what are we talking about then?

Arguing with these tithe business men/women is like arguing with a wooden desk, no end in sight. To each his own jare.
Re: Is It Ok To Pay My Tithes To Different Churches? by kalauta: 3:44pm On Aug 20, 2009
Chukwudi44, please don't bother yourself trying to explain the simplicity of giving to these robots who have been programmed to give tithes to a pastor or so called churches. Remember, these last days, the scriptures warned us about those who will not heed to sound doctrines because they have itching ears and will follow those preachers that preaches what they want to hear thereby deceiving them and cleaning out their pockets.

Let them continue to argue blindly and fight to pay a tenth of their income to a mere man who claims to run the "house of God". The scriptures is there for them to study and understand but they won't because they are comfortable listening to their "Pastor" who has twisted the scriptures. How can these "Robot' challenge their Pastors for wrongdoing when they are not smart enough to study what the scriptures says and let the Holy spirit who is the only teacher of truth teach them.

They don't even understand why Christ came in the first place hence they can't understand why the practice of old testament law has become an abomination to God.  They have ears but don't hear; have eyes but can't see. A fool and his money are soon departed. Let them keep giving a 10% of their income to their "Pastors" while their families and neighbors wallow in poverty.

chukwudi44:

Why don't you show me from the scriptures where christians practised tithing after the death and ressurrection of Jesus.

In luke 2 23-24

The law of the Lord says If a woman first child is a boy ,he must be dedicated to the Lord.So they offered a sacrifice according to what was required in the law of the Lord-"either a pair of turtle doves or two young pigeons"

Are you saying we should also continue with this practise ?

It most to be stated that while jesus spoke in luke 43,the law was still valid and so was tithing and burnt offerings.

All this changed with the death and ressurrection of Jesus by his death he abolished the jewish law(heb 7:18,ephe 2:14-15).

It m,ust be statyed that even while tithing was valid it never involved money,neither was it paid weekly,monthly or daily.

iN DEUT 14:22-29

You must set aside a tithe-one tenth of all the crops you harvest each year.bring this tithe to the place the lord your God choses for his name to be honoured and eat it there in his presence.
This applies to the tithes of your grain,new wine,olive oil and firstborn males of your flocks and herds.The purpose of tithing is to teach you always to fear the lord your God.
Now the place the lord your God choses for his name to be honoured might be a long way from home.If so you may sell a tithe portion of you crops and herds and take the money to the place the lord choses for his name to be honoured.When you arrive  use the money to buy anything you want -an ox,a sheep,some wine or beer.Then feast there in the presence of the lord your God and celebrate with your household.And do not forget the levites in your community for they have no inheritance as you do.

At end of every third year bring the titheof all your crops and store it in the nearest town  give it to the levites who have no inheritance among you  as well as the foreigners living among you,the orphans and the widows in your towns so they can eat and be satisfied.

There is no where it was stated that money was to be involved,neither was it to be paid weekly,monthly or daily.

It was simply meant to be paid annually and once in three years

In matt 23:23

Jesus cleary stated that tithing was part of the now obsolete jewish law and even then ,it was not even among then weightier matters of the law

"Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone." (Matthew 23:23

The law has been abolished as the scriptures plainly tells us tithing has gone with the law ,continuing with tithing means that you have cut yourself off from the grace of christ as stated in Galatians 5:4

Re: Is It Ok To Pay My Tithes To Different Churches? by ogajim(m): 3:56pm On Aug 20, 2009
kalauta:

Chukwudi44, please don't bother yourself trying to explain the simplicity of giving to these robots who have been programmed to give tithes to a pastor or so called churches. Remember, these last days, the scriptures warned us about those who will not heed to sound doctrines because they have itching ears and will follow those preachers that preaches what they want to hear thereby deceiving them and cleaning out their pockets.

Let them continue to argue blindly and fight to pay a tenth of their income to a mere man who claims to run the "house of God". The scriptures is there for them to study and understand but they won't because they are comfortable listening to their "Pastor" who has twisted the scriptures. How can these "Robot' challenge their Pastors for wrongdoing when they are not smart enough to study what the scriptures says and let the Holy spirit who is the only teacher of truth teach them.

They don't even understand why Christ came in the first place hence they can't understand why the practice of old testament law has become an abomination to God.  They have ears but don't hear; have eyes but can't see. A fool and his money are soon departed. Let them keep giving a 10% of their income to their "Pastors" while their families and neighbors wallow in poverty.

You are so right, they have a right to remain the way they are! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

", the reverend/pastor drives a fancy car and buys everything tax free and the people have to sacrifice to give him charity, stealing in the name of the Lord, " Max Romeo & the Up setters,

These sure are the last days and God help us all smiley smiley smiley smiley
Re: Is It Ok To Pay My Tithes To Different Churches? by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:48pm On Aug 20, 2009
Let's see Jesus' view on tithing in Mark 12:41-44

"And Jesus sat over against the treasury, and beheld how the people cast money into the treasury: and many that were rich cast in much. And there came a certain poor widow, and she threw in two mites, which make a farthing. And He called to him His disciples, and said to them, Verily I say to you. That this poor widow has cast more in, than all they which have cast into the treasury. For all they did cast in of their abundance, but she of her want did cast in all that she had, even all her living."

We can see that even among the so called believers, when it comes with parting with their money the Far-to-sees and the Sad-u-see out did them in giving but Jesus said that except your righteousness exceeds that of the Pharisees and Sadducees you shall not enter the kingdom of God. My people here are still arguing over 10% of their income, here is a widow who gave her all that the Lord recommended to have given the best. My people can be trusted to fight till the last blood when it comes to the issue of parting with his money, the wallet is surely the last and final area to be surrendered to God if and when God needs it.

Jesus spoke much about money. He said that we cannot serve God and mammon (Matthew 6:24). "Mammon" was the common Aramaic word for riches, which is related to a Hebrew word signifying "that which is to be trusted." In other words, we cannot trust God and money simultaneously, they are both mutually exclusive. Either money is our source of Joy, our great love, our sense of security, the supplier of our needs (trust my people), or God is.

When you open your purse or wallet, give generously and regularly to your local church where you are being fed with daily or regular spiritual manna. A guide to how much you should give can be found in the "tithe" of the Old Testament, which is 10% of your income. Whatever amount you give, make sure you give something to the work of God (Malachi 3:8-11). Give because you want to, not because you have to. God loves a cheerful giver (2 Corinthians 9:6.7), so my obodo people, learn to hold your money (eego, owo, kudi) with a loose hand.
Re: Is It Ok To Pay My Tithes To Different Churches? by Nobody: 5:32pm On Aug 20, 2009
This is what our Lord Jesus Christ had to say on tithing in Mark 12:41-44 (The words of Christ in red).

"And Jesus sat over against the treasury, and beheld how the people cast money into the treasury: and many that were rich cast in much. And there came a certain poor widow, and she threw in two mites, which make a farthing. And He called to him His disciples, and said to them, Verily I say to you. That this poor widow has cast more in, than all they which have cast into the treasury. For all they did cast in of their abundance, but she of her want did cast in all that she
had, even all her living

Oladeegbu please dont deliberatly misinteptret the scriptures .The money paid by the widow was just freewill offering and not tithes.

It was never stated that the woman paid a tenth of her earnings ,in fact there is no where in the bible where tithe was paid with money.If it was the recommended ten percent then why then was Jesus commending her since she put in what was required by the law.

The boldened section says it all .I must add that I am not against christians freely donating money to assist their churches ,what I am fighting is the criminal heresy that christians are required to pay 10 percent of their earnings to the church,Thus introducing the abolished mosaic law into christianity.

2 cor 9:7 clearly states that christians should not give out of pressure but rather as one purposes in his heart.

I would continue asking this question untill someone answers me

who increased the frequency of tithing from once in three years as stated in the scriptures(deut 14:28,deut 26;12,amos 4:4) to now monthly,weekly or even daily?

How come tithing now involve money contrary bto the specification that it could only be agricultural products as stated in deut 14:22-29
Re: Is It Ok To Pay My Tithes To Different Churches? by ogajim(m): 5:36pm On Aug 20, 2009
OLAADEGBU:

Let's see Jesus' view on tithing in Mark 12:41-44

"And Jesus sat over against the treasury, and beheld how the people cast money into the treasury: and many that were rich cast in much.  And there came a certain poor widow, and she threw in two mites, which make a farthing.  And He called to him His disciples, and said to them, Verily I say to you.  That this poor widow has cast more in, than all they which have cast into the treasury.  For all they did cast in of their abundance, but she of her want did cast in all that she had, even all her living."

We can see that even among the so called believers, when it comes with parting with their money the Far-to-sees and the Sad-u-see out did them in giving but Jesus said that except your righteousness exceeds that of the Pharisees and Sadducees you shall not enter the kingdom of God.  My people here are still arguing over 10% of their income, here is a widow who gave her all that the Lord recommended to have given the best.  My people can be trusted to fight till the last blood when it comes to the issue of parting with his money, the wallet is surely the last and final area to be surrendered to God if and when God needs it.

Jesus spoke much about money.  He said that we cannot serve God and mammon (Matthew 6:24).  "Mammon" was the common Aramaic word for riches, which is related to a Hebrew word signifying "that which is to be trusted."  In other words, we cannot trust God and money simultaneously, they are both mutually exclusive.  Either money is our source of Joy, our great love, our sense of security, the supplier of our needs (trust my people), or God is.

When you open your purse or wallet, give generously and regularly to your local church where you are being fed with daily or regular spiritual manna.  A guide to how much you should give can be found in the "tithe" of the Old Testament, which is 10% of your income.  Whatever amount you give, make sure you give something to the work of God (Malachi 3:8-11).  Give because you want to, not because you have to.  God loves a cheerful giver (2 Corinthians 9:6.7), so my obodo people, learn to hold your money (eego, owo, kudi) with a loose hand.

You people and your habit of quoting only the Scriptures that support your thirst,

Tithes were specific to PRODUCE of the land or lifestock and now you are showing us another passage concerning money where TITHE was not mentioned. Show me a passage or passages in the Bible where TITHE was used by itself and not "tithe of cumin, etc.

In the same Mark 12 you quoted from, how about these passages?

12And they sought to lay hold on him, but feared the people: for they knew that he had spoken the parable against them: and they left him, and went their way.

13And they send unto him certain of the Pharisees and of the Herodians, to catch him in his words.

14And when they were come, they say unto him, Master, we know that thou art true, and carest for no man: for thou regardest not the person of men, but teachest the way of God in truth: Is it lawful to give tribute to Caesar, or not?

15Shall we give, or shall we not give? But he, knowing their hypocrisy, said unto them, Why tempt ye me? bring me a penny, that I may see it.

16And they brought it. And he saith unto them, Whose is this image and superscription? And they said unto him, Caesar's.

17And Jesus answering said unto them, Render to Caesar the things that are Caesar's, and to God the things that are God's. And they marvelled at him.  

26And as touching the dead, that they rise: have ye not read in the book of Moses, how in the bush God spake unto him, saying, I am the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob?

27He is not the God of the dead, but the God of the living: ye therefore do greatly err.

28And one of the scribes came, and having heard them reasoning together, and perceiving that he had answered them well, asked him, Which is the first commandment of all?

29And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord:

30And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment.

31And the second is like, namely this, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these.

32And the scribe said unto him, Well, Master, thou hast said the truth: for there is one God; and there is none other but he:

33And to love him with all the heart, and with all the understanding, and with all the soul, and with all the strength, and to love his neighbour as himself, is more than all whole burnt offerings and sacrifices.  

Na wa for prosperity pimps and seed(cash) sowing mongers ooooo shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Is It Ok To Pay My Tithes To Different Churches? by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:32pm On Aug 20, 2009
chukwudi44:

This is what our Lord Jesus Christ had to say on tithing in Mark 12:41-44 (The words of Christ in red).

"And Jesus sat over against the treasury, and beheld how the people cast money into the treasury: and many that were rich cast in much. And there came a certain poor widow, and she threw in two mites, which make a farthing. And He called to him His disciples, and said to them, Verily I say to you. That this poor widow has cast more in, than all they which have cast into the treasury. For all they did cast in of their abundance, but she of her want did cast in all that she
had, even all her living

Oladeegbu please dont deliberatly misinteptret the scriptures .The money paid by the widow was just freewill offering and not tithes.

It was never stated that the woman paid a tenth of her earnings ,in fact there is no where in the bible where tithe was paid with money.If it was the recommended ten percent then why then was Jesus commending her since she put in what was required by the law.

The boldened section says it all .I must add that I am not against christians freely donating money to assist their churches ,what I am fighting is the criminal heresy that christians are required to pay 10 percent of their earnings to the church,Thus introducing the abolished mosaic law into christianity.

2 cor 9:7 clearly states that christians should not give out of pressure but rather as one purposes in his heart.

I would continue asking this question untill someone answers me

who increased the frequency of tithing from once in three years as stated in the scriptures(deut 14:28,deut 26;12,amos 4:4) to now monthly,weekly or even daily?

How come tithing now involve money contrary bto the specification that it could only be agricultural products as stated in deut 14:22-29

If you are fighting tooth and nail because you don't want to let go of just 10% of your income what will happen if God demands that you give 100%? Which implies sacrificial giving. I am sure if you were Abraham who God told to offer Isaac you will say "Satan get behind me." Don't panic God will not even tell you to part with 100% since He knows that your trust is in it, He would rather you offer your heart to Him, I mean the whole of it and not reserve the rest for the Vatican. He said "Seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness and all these things shall be added to you." So, don't worry that God is after your money, He does not need it as He cannot spend your currency in Heaven. wink
Re: Is It Ok To Pay My Tithes To Different Churches? by Thor(m): 6:36pm On Aug 20, 2009
Don't pay any tithes full stop. It is equivalent to religious 419, absolute con and a ripp-off
Re: Is It Ok To Pay My Tithes To Different Churches? by Nobody: 7:10pm On Aug 20, 2009
I am now absolutely convinced that 0laadegbu is one of the criminally inspired pastors benefiting from the evil and demonically practise of obsolete twisted biblical tithing. I know he would respond by accusing me of being my inspired and enlighteneg brethen[kunleoshob] but I am not bothered, I actually feel honoured. Olaadegbu, you honestly need to repent.
Re: Is It Ok To Pay My Tithes To Different Churches? by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:24pm On Aug 20, 2009
This is for those who have given their lives and heart totally to Christ and have received Him as their personal Saviour and Lord and are willing to obey Him whenever He comes calling.

Giving and Receiving

"Now ye Philippians know also, that in the beginning of the gospel, when I departed from Macedonia, no church communicated with me as concerning giving and receiving, but ye only." (Philippians 4:15)

As Paul went on his missionary journeys, he never asked for money for himself from the people to whom he preached.  He later wrote to the Thessalonians, "because we would not be chargeable unto any of you, we preached unto you the gospel of God" (1 Thessalonians 2:9).  He did stress the teaching of Christ that "the labourer is worthy of his reward" (1 Timothy 5:18; Luke 10:7) and that "even so hath the Lord ordained that they which preach the gospel should live of the gospel" (1 Corinthians 9:14).  But he himself said: "I have used none of these things: neither have I written these things, that it should be so done unto me" (1 Corinthians 9:15).

Thus he was especially moved when the impoverished Christians at Philippi, without being asked, "sent once and again unto my necessity" (Philippians 4:16), and they were the only ones who did!  This act of generous concern came about, Paul recognised, because they "first gave their own selves to the Lord" (2 Corinthians 8:5).  As a result, Paul could assure them: "My God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus" (Philippians 4:19).  Not only their material need, but every need.

They had learned a wonderful truth that every Christian needs to learn. As Paul told the Ephesian elders: "Remember the words of the Lord Jesus, how he said, It is more blessed to give than to receive" (Acts 20:35).  Therefore, let each of us give in His name, "not grudgingly, or of necessity: for God loveth a cheerful giver.  And God is able to make all grace abound toward you; that ye, always having all sufficiency in all things, may abound to every good work" (2 Corinthians 9:7-cool.  HMM
Re: Is It Ok To Pay My Tithes To Different Churches? by ogajim(m): 8:28pm On Aug 20, 2009
OLAADEGBU, pastor 419 shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

A good deed done out of LOVE beats any amount or percentage any day.
You can't BRIBE God with 10% NO WAY JOSE! A thief is a thief whether he uses a book or a gun cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Is It Ok To Pay My Tithes To Different Churches? by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:45pm On Aug 20, 2009
ogajim:

OLAADEGBU, pastor 419 shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

A good deed done out of LOVE beats any amount or percentage any day.
You can't BRIBE God with 10% NO WAY JOSE! A thief is a thief whether he uses a book or a gun cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

To be precise, I am a Phillipians 4:19 believer.  Any problem with that? wink
Re: Is It Ok To Pay My Tithes To Different Churches? by ogajim(m): 2:32am On Aug 21, 2009
OLAADEGBU:

To be precise, I am a Phillipians 4:19 believer.  Any problem with that? wink

Chapter 4 verse 19 coincidence? I hope so shocked shocked

One has to have a deep understanding/knowledge of the Scriptures to contend with today's "rob the flock blind, stealing in the name of the Lord" pastors/leaders. Paul was stating his trust in God as the ultimate provider and the fact that he was never a burden to any "congregation" as he went about his mission, there was no levy on the Phillipians that we know of. Below are some verses from the same chapter:

10But I rejoiced in the Lord greatly, that now at the last your care of me hath flourished again; wherein ye were also careful, but ye lacked opportunity.

11Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content.

12I know both how to be abased, and I know how to abound: every where and in all things I am instructed both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need.

13I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

No one I have read on this thread is against voluntary giving but the "mandatory" tithe that some pastors preach to line their pockets. Jesus fulfilled the law and yet some of them still want you to follow this law and to discard the "non prosperity laws" which runs in the Hundreds, something fishy cool cool cool

Matthew 18:19-20:
19Again I say unto you, That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven.

20For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.

I heard once that "if there was no tithe, how can we cover the church expenses?",
The Church is not a "building", "tabernacle", etc, but every believer of Christ, if your "expenses" are too high, downsize because our Lord and Savior enjoined us not to build mansions here on earth but to lay up our Treasures in Heaven.

You have a right to continue your own way and I have a right not to be included in this scheme, to each his own. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Is It Ok To Pay My Tithes To Different Churches? by Nobody: 7:28am On Aug 21, 2009
ogajim:

Chapter 4 verse 19 coincidence? I hope so shocked shocked

One has to have a deep understanding/knowledge of the Scriptures to contend with today's "rob the flock blind, stealing in the name of the Lord" pastors/leaders. Paul was stating his trust in God as the ultimate provider and the fact that he was never a burden to any "congregation" as he went about his mission, there was no levy on the Phillipians that we know of. Below are some verses from the same chapter:

10But I rejoiced in the Lord greatly, that now at the last your care of me hath flourished again; wherein ye were also careful, but ye lacked opportunity.

11Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content.

12I know both how to be abased, and I know how to abound: every where and in all things I am instructed both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need.

13I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

No one I have read on this thread is against voluntary giving but the "mandatory" tithe that some pastors preach to line their pockets. Jesus fulfilled the law and yet some of them still want you to follow this law and to discard the "non prosperity laws" which runs in the Hundreds, something fishy cool cool cool

Matthew 18:19-20:
19Again I say unto you, That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven.

20For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.

I heard once that "if there was no tithe, how can we cover the church expenses?",
The Church is not a "building", "tabernacle", etc, but every believer of Christ, if your "expenses" are too high, downsize because our Lord and Savior enjoined us not to build mansions here on earth but to lay up our Treasures in Heaven.

You have a right to continue your own way and I have a right not to be included in this scheme, to each his own. grin grin grin grin grin

Well said.

@Oladeegbu

Please no one is against voluntary giving cited in the passage you quoted,what we are fighting is the criminal heresy that christians are required to pay tithes to their pastors

Please philipians 4:19 was not talking about tithes
Re: Is It Ok To Pay My Tithes To Different Churches? by Nobody: 10:39am On Aug 22, 2009
Deuteronomy 25:4, 1 Corinthians 9:10

Thou shalt not muzzle the mouth of the ox that treadeth out the corn.
Re: Is It Ok To Pay My Tithes To Different Churches? by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:20pm On Aug 22, 2009
@ chukwudi44 & ogajim,

Save your sermons for your Psalms 41:9 friends, as for me I still lay claim to Philippians.4:19. tongue
Re: Is It Ok To Pay My Tithes To Different Churches? by Recognise: 1:06pm On Aug 22, 2009
OLAADEGBU:

@Chukwudi44 & Ogajim,

Save your sermons for your Psalms 41:9 friends, as for me I still lay claim to Philippians.4:19. tongue

@OLAADEGBU

- OLAADEGBU

My fellow lord and peer

grin Loved that Psalms 41:9 quote grin

grin Trust the Bible to already have a "song lyric" for back then and modern time Judas' grin

Brilliant 419 quote off the Bible - well spotted grin

Yup! as for I and my household we too are Philippians 4:19  wink

@Chukwudi44

Not exactly sure of this though . . .

Is Chukwudi44 a christian, christian RCC, RCC christian, or just RCC

"Christian RCC" means Christian first then RCC following and vice versa  grin

It'll be nice to know and could put things into perspective . . .
Re: Is It Ok To Pay My Tithes To Different Churches? by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:33pm On Aug 22, 2009
@ Recognise

My fellow soldier in Christ,

Check out the passage below and see how the Bible blew the cover of the likes of this Psalm 41:9 friends who pretend to have the cause of the poor and needy at heart.

"Then Jesus six days before the passover came to Bethany, where Lazarus was, which had been dead, whom he raised from the dead.  There they made him a supper; and Martha served: but Lazarus was one of them that sat at the table with him.  Then took Mary a pound of ointment of spikenard, very costly, and anointed the feet of Jesus, and wiped his feet with her hair: and the house was filled with the odour of the ointment. Then saith one of his disciples, [b]Judas Iscariot, Simon's son, which should betray him, [i]Why was not this ointment sold for three hundred pence, and given to the poor?  This he said, not that he cared for the poor; but because he was a thief, and had the bag, and bare what was put therein[/i].[/b]  Then said Jesus, Let her alone: against the day of my burying hath she kept this.  For the poor always ye have with you; but me ye have not always." -- -- John 12:1-8

Here you can see how the present day Psalms 41:9 friends cannot stand the giving to the work of God because they are "really concerned about the poor".  undecided
Re: Is It Ok To Pay My Tithes To Different Churches? by Recognise: 3:03pm On Aug 22, 2009
OLAADEGBU:

@Recognise

My fellow soldier in Christ,

Check out the passage below

and see how the Bible blew the cover of the likes of this Psalm 41:9 friends

who pretend to have the cause of the poor and needy at heart.

Look at the story of Judas below . . .

Then saith one of his disciples, Judas Iscariot, Simon's son, which should betray him,

Why was not this ointment sold for three hundred pence, and given to the poor? 

This he said, not that he cared for the poor;

but because he was a thief, and had the bag, and bare what was put therein

. . .  Then said Jesus,

"Let her alone: against the day of my burying hath she kept this.

For the poor always ye have with you; but me ye have not always
"

Here you can see how the present day Psalms 41:9 friends cannot stand the giving to the work of God

because they are "really concerned about the poor". undecided

-- John 12:1-8

OLAADEGBU

-OLAADEGBU

True talk, true talk fellow lord & peer . . .

Bet you already know why peeps especially "christians" are po grin

noticed its po even worse than poor grin

Its because they only follow the person of Jesus alone

and dont follow His principle(s) hence the po poor position

The irony is that unbelievers (i.e. the world) on the other hand follow the principle(s) of Jesus to prosper

but stops short at following the person of Jesus.

The person & principles of Jesus is a complete package, kinda like a coin, they go hand-in-hand together

The head & tail makes a coin a legal tender.

Without either on a coin, the coin is a dud, a fake

The person & principles of Jesus leads one to Salvation & Prosperity
Re: Is It Ok To Pay My Tithes To Different Churches? by Nobody: 7:45pm On Aug 22, 2009
@Oladeegbu,recognise
What has all this bible quotations got to do with tithes,show me anywhere in the Bible where christians practised tithing?

Jesus was here on earth for 33 years and he never demanded tithe from anybody,the apostles who continued after him never demended tithes ,how come titihing is practised in today's christianity?

Even if I were to assume that tithing is still valid how come the frequency of tithe was unscripturally increased from once in 3 years to now daily,weekly or monthly as it is practised today?

How come money was unscpricturally substituted for agricultural products?

I want to state here that I am not against freewill donation as practised by the biblical christians ,what I am fighting is the criminal heresy that christians are required to pay 10 percent of their earnings to their differant churches.

To prove me wrong show me anywhere in the Bible that tithing was practised after the fulfilment of the law by Jesus
Re: Is It Ok To Pay My Tithes To Different Churches? by Recognise: 8:11pm On Aug 22, 2009
Chukwudi44:

@Oladeegbu, Recognise

What has all this bible quotations got to do with tithes,

show me anywhere in the Bible where christians practised tithing?

Jesus was here on earth for 33 years and he never demanded tithe from anybody,

the apostles who continued after him never demanded tithes, 

how come titihing is practised in today's christianity?

Even if I  were to assume that tithing is still valid

how come the frequency of tithe was unscripturally increased from once in 3 years to now daily,weekly or monthly

as it is practised today?

How come money was unscpricturally substituted for agricultural products?

I want to state here that I am not against freewill donation as practised by the biblical christians,

What I am fighting is the criminal heresy

that christians are required to pay 10 percent of their earnings to
their different church[/b]es.

To [b]prove
me wrong show me anywhere in the Bible

that tithing was practised after the fulfilment of the law by Jesus

@Chukwudi44

- Chukwudi44

I think I recall what you are but not exactly sure . . . hence my "rain check" to confirm

Dont shy away from answering my earlier questions that you cleverly selectively ignored

Possibly it skipped your mind responding to them so am reiterated them below smiley

1|) Are you  a christian,

2) a christian RCC,

3) a  RCC christian,

4) or just RCC

"Christian RCC" means Christian first then RCC following and vice versa  smiley

What number are you? Are you #1), #2), #3) or #4)

Re: Is It Ok To Pay My Tithes To Different Churches? by Nobody: 8:13pm On Aug 22, 2009
2 Corinthians 9:10

He that plougheth should plough in hope; and he that thresheth in hope should be a partaker of his hope.
Re: Is It Ok To Pay My Tithes To Different Churches? by Nobody: 8:55pm On Aug 22, 2009
Why are yoy goons ranting rubbish, the rcc introduced tithing to christianity after the council of tours in the year 567AD, they have since realized that preaching compulsary tithing is evil and heretical and they no longer indulge in such demonic practises, yet the criminally inspired pentecostal movement who are an off shoot of the catholic protestants still adhere to it becos of the filthy lucre they derive from it. Their judgement is already concluded 2peter2:1-3
Re: Is It Ok To Pay My Tithes To Different Churches? by Recognise: 9:10pm On Aug 22, 2009
Jagoon:

Why are you goons ranting rubbish,

the RCC introduced tithing to christianity after the council of tours in the year 567AD,

they have since realized that preaching compulsary tithing is evil and heretical

and they no longer indulge in such demonic practises,

yet the criminally inspired pentecostal movement

who are an off shoot of the catholic protestants still adhere to it becos of the filthy lucre they derive from it.

Their judgement is already concluded 2 Peter2:1-3

Taa-da!-  light bulb moment? grin grin grin

Chukwudi44 must be a chess player and saw me coming in with a kill . . .  grin

Read the moves on the board and refused to take the bait grin

Fairplay to you my men wink

and the goons know themselves . . .  grin

and yes the RCC instituted tithing & used to excommunicate for non-payment of it . . .

It was that bad  grin

[center]If you're a glutton for knowledge and can handle more than 6 lines of information without getting easily bored or distracted

then to read on some data on tithing Click here

Remember its not about tithing at all

Afterall "To be tight or Not to be tight" - should be the question grin[/center]
Re: Is It Ok To Pay My Tithes To Different Churches? by Nobody: 7:17pm On Aug 23, 2009
It is vital that new converts are not sidetracked and led astray by these revisionist  papist doctrines, and that they continue to grow in the grace and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ by studying the unadulterated word of God.

Deuteronomy 21:9
Thou shalt not sow thy vineyard with diverse seeds: lest the fruit of thy seed which thou hast sown, and the fruit of thy vineyard, be defiled.
Re: Is It Ok To Pay My Tithes To Different Churches? by Nobody: 12:45pm On Aug 24, 2009
Recognise:

@Chukwudi44

- Chukwudi44

I think I recall what you are but not exactly sure . . . hence my "rain check" to confirm

Dont shy away from answering my earlier questions that you cleverly selectively ignored

Possibly it skipped your mind responding to them so am reiterated them below smiley

1|) Are you a christian,

2) a christian RCC,

3) a RCC christian,

4) or just RCC

"Christian RCC" means Christian first then RCC following and vice versa smiley

What number are you? Are you #1), #2), #3) or #4)

This is what I beleive in

1. I believe in God the Father, Almighty, Maker of heaven and earth:

2. And in Jesus Christ, his only begotten Son, our Lord:

3. Who was conceived by the Holy Ghost, born of the Virgin Mary:

4. Suffered under Pontius Pilate; was crucified, dead and buried: He descended into hell:

5. The third day he rose again from the dead:

6. He ascended into heaven, and sits at the right hand of God the Father Almighty:

7. From thence he shall come to judge the quick and the dead:

8. I believe in the Holy Ghost:

9. I believe in the holy catholic church: the communion of saints:

10. The forgiveness of sins:

1l. The resurrection of the body:

12. And the life everlasting. Amen
Re: Is It Ok To Pay My Tithes To Different Churches? by Kennyyo: 11:49am On Aug 25, 2009
I just feel people need to double check their opinions before voicing it. Tithing has been before Moses, before David, before Jesus and definately before the RCC- Abraham was the first to practise it- Genesis 14:20  "And blessed be the most high God, which hath delivered thine enemies into thy hand. And he gave him tithes of all". This is not denying the fact that various people across the generations have use tithing to advance their selfish causes.
Re: Is It Ok To Pay My Tithes To Different Churches? by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:27pm On May 08, 2010
chukwudi44:

4. Suffered under Pontius Pilate; was crucified, dead and buried: He descended into hell:

6. He ascended into heaven, and sits at the right hand of God the Father Almighty:

Are you now denying Mary, and what do you mean by the holy catholic church, is it the same as the RCC?
Re: Is It Ok To Pay My Tithes To Different Churches? by Nobody: 10:12pm On May 12, 2010
Are you now denying Mary, and what do you mean by the holy catholic church, is it the same as the RCC?

why don't you tell me the difference between the holy catholic church and the Roman catholic church.

About Mary ,what issue due you fools have with Mary,Did she commit any offense by agreeing to become the mother of God?
Re: Is It Ok To Pay My Tithes To Different Churches? by ogajim(m): 2:08pm On May 13, 2010
Kennyyo:

I just feel people need to double check their opinions before voicing it. Tithing has been before Moses, before David, before Jesus and definately before the RCC- Abraham was the first to practise it- Genesis 14:20  "And blessed be the most high God, which hath delivered thine enemies into thy hand. And he gave him tithes of all". This is not denying the fact that various people across the generations have use tithing to advance their selfish causes.

Dude!!!! Jesus is God, how can a pagan practice be around before the CREATOR?

chukwudi44:

I disagree with the highlighted portion (lines 6&7) Chukwudi44, The wofers seem to have picked up on the fallacy of Jesus Christ going to hell. You contradicted your self with line 7 "rose from the dead", wrong interpretation of the Greek word "Hades" don't you think?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Mike And Gloria Bamiloye Celebrate 28th Wedding Anniversary (Photos) / Alert: Satan Has Poured Out Spirit Of Witchcraft, Heavily. Step Up Your Prayer / Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Believe In Miracles?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 149
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.