Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,978 members, 7,803,248 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:05 PM

Saraki’s Supporter Orders Rotimi Jacobs To ‘Sit Down’ During Proceedings - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Saraki’s Supporter Orders Rotimi Jacobs To ‘Sit Down’ During Proceedings (34751 Views)

Rivers Rerun: Ikwerre Women Sit Down In Front Of INEC Collation Center. PICS / Aminat Titi Abubakar Defrauded Of N918m By Nsikakabasi Akpan Jacobs / Staunch Saraki Supporter Posted This On Facebook; See Reactions From Kwarans (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Saraki’s Supporter Orders Rotimi Jacobs To ‘Sit Down’ During Proceedings by dre11(m): 3:47pm On May 17, 2016
A mild drama occurred in the Code of Conduct Tribunal, CCT, on Tuesday as supporter of the Senate President, Bukola Saraki asked counsel to the Federal Government, Rotimi Jacobs, SAN, to sit down.

This happened while Jacobs was countering some points raised by Saraki’s lawyer, Paul Usoro, SAN.
Usoro had asked the principal witness who is an operative of the economy and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, if he was aware that under the law, a company is different from its shareholder.

He also asked Wetkas if during his asset investigation, he came across any documentation where Saraki’s name was mentioned in connection with the credit facility taken by Skyview, a company his client had stake in.

Wetkas said, “For the fourth time, I’m saying no we did not find any connection.”

While Wetkas was responding to Usoro’s question, Jacobs interjected, saying the witness should not be asked questions based on law.

At this point, a supporter of the Senate President shouted, “sit down, I say sit down.”

Usoro, quickly stepped in to defend the unidentified supporter, saying, “My Lord, the rant was directed at me and not my brother here, Rotimi.”

Following the mild drama, the tribunal Chairman, Danladi Umar urged observers of the proceedings to always stay quiet during proceedings.

http://dailypost.ng/2016/05/17/cct-trial-drama-as-sarakis-supporter-orders-fgs-lawyer-to-sit-down-during-proceedings/
Re: Saraki’s Supporter Orders Rotimi Jacobs To ‘Sit Down’ During Proceedings by mindfreaks(m): 3:48pm On May 17, 2016
wow I beat LadyF

so there is nothing special being FTC ...... who ever read this "SAYS NO TO

CORRUPTION"

this is MINDFREAKS .....

6 Likes

Re: Saraki’s Supporter Orders Rotimi Jacobs To ‘Sit Down’ During Proceedings by Nobody: 3:52pm On May 17, 2016
The Nigerianized way

6 Likes

Re: Saraki’s Supporter Orders Rotimi Jacobs To ‘Sit Down’ During Proceedings by DRISKLEF(m): 3:53pm On May 17, 2016
LOL....Now that's a 'sharp' lawyer right there cheesy

It's always very good to be smart in whatever one does especially when it comes to your career. Infact saraki should start to consider increasing that lawyer's PAY.

Nigeria My Country.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saraki’s Supporter Orders Rotimi Jacobs To ‘Sit Down’ During Proceedings by Dannyset(m): 3:54pm On May 17, 2016
Lmaoo!
Wahala dey oooo!
The supporter don turn SAN overnight.
If Usoro can't defend Sarathief, a supporter will cheesy

But this Jacob guy sha want to murder Sarathief...........

13 Likes

Re: Saraki’s Supporter Orders Rotimi Jacobs To ‘Sit Down’ During Proceedings by IVORY2009(m): 3:54pm On May 17, 2016
Chai, I nor go court today, na slap, I for take cover that FG lawyer face!

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Saraki’s Supporter Orders Rotimi Jacobs To ‘Sit Down’ During Proceedings by kingsman66(m): 3:57pm On May 17, 2016
hahahghhhhajaahhjaahahhaah lafing in china
Re: Saraki’s Supporter Orders Rotimi Jacobs To ‘Sit Down’ During Proceedings by akp202(m): 3:58pm On May 17, 2016
This case is getting interesting

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Saraki’s Supporter Orders Rotimi Jacobs To ‘Sit Down’ During Proceedings by Mrco2: 3:59pm On May 17, 2016
A law enforcement agent should not be asked question about law this is despiration at its peack guess the FG has lost this case.

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Saraki’s Supporter Orders Rotimi Jacobs To ‘Sit Down’ During Proceedings by Timoleon(m): 3:59pm On May 17, 2016
Re: Saraki’s Supporter Orders Rotimi Jacobs To ‘Sit Down’ During Proceedings by VocalWalls: 4:00pm On May 17, 2016
shame on all of them.

both on Saraki's side and FG's side.

Delayed justice is injustice.

3 Likes

Re: Saraki’s Supporter Orders Rotimi Jacobs To ‘Sit Down’ During Proceedings by Billiondoe: 4:02pm On May 17, 2016
Courtroom drama or Sitcom ??
Re: Saraki’s Supporter Orders Rotimi Jacobs To ‘Sit Down’ During Proceedings by FemiFaniKayode: 4:02pm On May 17, 2016
Where is old man SHOOK-IDI44?
We never see him brake light

1 Like

Re: Saraki’s Supporter Orders Rotimi Jacobs To ‘Sit Down’ During Proceedings by Burger01(m): 4:02pm On May 17, 2016
grin
Re: Saraki’s Supporter Orders Rotimi Jacobs To ‘Sit Down’ During Proceedings by Nobody: 4:02pm On May 17, 2016
tom and jerry
Re: Saraki’s Supporter Orders Rotimi Jacobs To ‘Sit Down’ During Proceedings by AtlanticBreeze: 4:02pm On May 17, 2016
Lol these slaves don suffer for this Nigeria grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Saraki’s Supporter Orders Rotimi Jacobs To ‘Sit Down’ During Proceedings by Evyivy(f): 4:02pm On May 17, 2016
Woa! Saraki got himself a "good" lawyer, I mean a real criminal grin , in Nigeria you have to be a perfect criminal to be a "good" lawyer,
These are the kind of lawyers that fly from the UK to the State to have coffee cheesy

9 Likes

Re: Saraki’s Supporter Orders Rotimi Jacobs To ‘Sit Down’ During Proceedings by GenWOJUOLA(m): 4:03pm On May 17, 2016
I can imagine d looks on the SANs face wen he heard "sit down!!".... Chei... E can pain!!

5 Likes

Re: Saraki’s Supporter Orders Rotimi Jacobs To ‘Sit Down’ During Proceedings by Sedofbobs: 4:04pm On May 17, 2016
Someone with airtel subscription for an android phone plsss
Re: Saraki’s Supporter Orders Rotimi Jacobs To ‘Sit Down’ During Proceedings by tomakint: 4:05pm On May 17, 2016
This once high-profiled case now going the way of comedic soap opera.... Modath, I told you.

5 Likes

Re: Saraki’s Supporter Orders Rotimi Jacobs To ‘Sit Down’ During Proceedings by COOLDK(m): 4:06pm On May 17, 2016
VIDEOOOOOOOOOOO?
Re: Saraki’s Supporter Orders Rotimi Jacobs To ‘Sit Down’ During Proceedings by ijustdey: 4:06pm On May 17, 2016
Nigerians and their comical ways

I guess he was lucky because the judge would have asked the police to walk him out or......

1 Like

Re: Saraki’s Supporter Orders Rotimi Jacobs To ‘Sit Down’ During Proceedings by Nobody: 4:08pm On May 17, 2016
Mrco2:
A law enforcement agent should not be asked question about law this is despiration at its peack guess the FG has los this case

Sir, you saying the Enforcement agent is now a lawyer. The question was irrelevant.

Uncle Saraki cant not outsmart himself....okay?

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saraki’s Supporter Orders Rotimi Jacobs To ‘Sit Down’ During Proceedings by bobo65(m): 4:08pm On May 17, 2016
Is dis front page worthy?

1 Like

Re: Saraki’s Supporter Orders Rotimi Jacobs To ‘Sit Down’ During Proceedings by spartanobad(m): 4:10pm On May 17, 2016
if una like fight or kill unaselves

jxt bring down price of fuel

1 Like

Re: Saraki’s Supporter Orders Rotimi Jacobs To ‘Sit Down’ During Proceedings by Sedofbobs: 4:10pm On May 17, 2016
I don't know y people do rubbish things. I just call dis guy pokando now and d person says na wrong number I called. y u post another persons number DAT is not ur own. na wa ooo

1 Like

Re: Saraki’s Supporter Orders Rotimi Jacobs To ‘Sit Down’ During Proceedings by Nobody: 4:10pm On May 17, 2016
Time will come when Nigerians will no longer obey nigeria's law .
Re: Saraki’s Supporter Orders Rotimi Jacobs To ‘Sit Down’ During Proceedings by VcStunner(m): 4:11pm On May 17, 2016
And that's all you got?

You come out here to read some good(or bad) developments as the case maybe, and all you get is "Amaechi sneezed in a meeting", "white man urinating in public" etc etc.... lemme continue to observe from background till these mods start working full time.
Re: Saraki’s Supporter Orders Rotimi Jacobs To ‘Sit Down’ During Proceedings by GWMI(m): 4:12pm On May 17, 2016
Yes he should sit down and stop twisting the law in favour of Tinubu and Buhari.Thanks.

3 Likes

Re: Saraki’s Supporter Orders Rotimi Jacobs To ‘Sit Down’ During Proceedings by Princeredz: 4:14pm On May 17, 2016
Chosen1984:
The Nigerianized way
Re: Saraki’s Supporter Orders Rotimi Jacobs To ‘Sit Down’ During Proceedings by shammah1(m): 4:17pm On May 17, 2016
Is he mad? He should sit down joor grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Burial Of Musa Mante Baraze: Lawmaker Killed By Gunmen In Bauchi Buried (Photo) / Rivers Guber: More Facebook Postings Expose Okoye’s Membership Of APC / Buhari Appoints Winifred Oyo-Ita As Head Of Service

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.