Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:14 AM

Amazing Kitchen Tips That Will Change Your Life - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Amazing Kitchen Tips That Will Change Your Life (40159 Views)

Lady Tried To Turn Off Gas In Her Kitchen. See What Happened Next. Photos / "I Travelled For 1 Week & My Husband Turned My Kitchen To This" - Woman / 15 Pictures You’ll Recognize If You’ve Ever Stepped Into A Nigerian Kitchen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Amazing Kitchen Tips That Will Change Your Life by Temismith(f): 11:01pm On May 17, 2016
k
Re: Amazing Kitchen Tips That Will Change Your Life by sweetetlove(f): 11:03pm On May 17, 2016
very informative have learn something new today
Re: Amazing Kitchen Tips That Will Change Your Life by pablus: 11:06pm On May 17, 2016
thanks for some of the tips. hope you don't cook with that much margarine o!!! way too much.
Re: Amazing Kitchen Tips That Will Change Your Life by joey150(m): 11:09pm On May 17, 2016
ststyreal:

Thanks so much op for this write up, have sincerely learnt something new but I need your advice on how to deal with rats in my apartment . They keep coming in after killing them one after the other and am tired of buying this chemical with an expensive rat killer. Honestly, I will be so relieve if you can help me with a permanent solution to this rat problem and most importantly, the soak away at the back of my house is also a major problem as it has so many holes around it and my landlady seems not to have the money to repair it, only waiting for a new tenant fee before she could start work on it. please I urgently need your advice on her to chase these rats permanently from my abode, cos they are really scaring me, thanks in anticipation of your response.
you didnt ask me,but here is how i solved mine.

focus on stopping them from getting in..move round your houses and carefully identify holes that those rat may exploit. mostly nets/doors that have either too much clearance underneath or have some pieces that have succumbed to the forces of nature(rust,decay e.t.c).

close them up..when you are sure they can't get in...focus on killing the ones in the house..lest they double again. and sweep your kitchen at night,avoid leaving reminants for them.
rats disgusts me too. hope i have helped!

9 Likes

Re: Amazing Kitchen Tips That Will Change Your Life by joey150(m): 11:11pm On May 17, 2016
guy reference this article as it is clearly not yours!
i detest plagiarism

1 Like

Re: Amazing Kitchen Tips That Will Change Your Life by ekenetheorg(m): 11:13pm On May 17, 2016
ststyreal:

Thanks so much op for this write up, have sincerely learnt something new but I need your advice on how to deal with rats in my apartment . They keep coming in after killing them one after the other and am tired of buying this chemical with an expensive rat killer. Honestly, I will be so relieve if you can help me with a permanent solution to this rat problem and most importantly, the soak away at the back of my house is also a major problem as it has so many holes around it and my landlady seems not to have the money to repair it, only waiting for a new tenant fee before she could start work on it. please I urgently need your advice on her to chase these rats permanently from my abode, cos they are really scaring me, thanks in anticipation of your response.

The solution to rats are: seal all the holes in your home. Make sure your door is always closed or at least use a net to keep it closed. Rats will die and go into extinction naturally if they have no way to leave and new ones will never come in.
Re: Amazing Kitchen Tips That Will Change Your Life by ststyreal(f): 11:20pm On May 17, 2016
ekenetheorg:

The solution to rats are: seal all the holes in your home. Make sure your door is always closed or at least use a net to keep it closed. Rats will die and go into extinction naturally if they have no way to leave and new ones will never come in.
I have tried doing that, but sincerely I can't figure out where they are coming in from. I heard there is this pepper called "black pepper", have you heard of it before? I was told it chases rats away. please do let me know if u are aware of it. thanks my friend.
Re: Amazing Kitchen Tips That Will Change Your Life by ststyreal(f): 11:26pm On May 17, 2016
joey150:
you didnt ask me,but here is how i solved mine.

focus on stopping them from getting in..move round your houses and carefully identify holes that those rat may exploit. mostly nets/doors that have either too much clearance underneath or have some pieces that have succumbed to the forces of nature(rust,decay e.t.c).

close them up..when you are sure they can't get in...focus on killing the ones in the house..lest they double again. and sweep your kitchen at night,avoid leaving reminants for them.
rats disgusts me too. hope i have helped!
Thank you so much my friend but honestly, it seems there is an underground channel they pass to enter into my house, ave tried doing all these you enumerated but believe me u, it isn't working. So I need something that would chase them out (something they would perceive the odour) and never allow them into the house and somebody suggested "black pepper", have you heard of it before? if yes, please confirm to me if it truly works, thanks once again, am grateful for your concern.
Re: Amazing Kitchen Tips That Will Change Your Life by talk2alabama: 11:28pm On May 17, 2016
After reading dis nw, some human beings will go and cook nonsense in d kitchen grin

1 Like

Re: Amazing Kitchen Tips That Will Change Your Life by bilal4riid(m): 11:37pm On May 17, 2016
ststyreal:

To get rid of rats permanently in your life, get a cat around you. #magic

12 Likes

Re: Amazing Kitchen Tips That Will Change Your Life by ststyreal(f): 11:42pm On May 17, 2016
bilal4riid:

Haaaaaaaa!!!! my friend you don't finish me b dat, i neva fit stand rat na I go fit stand? but all the same thanks a lot am grateful.
Re: Amazing Kitchen Tips That Will Change Your Life by ststyreal(f): 11:43pm On May 17, 2016
bilal4riid:

Haaaaaaaa!!!! my friend you don finish me b dat, i neva fit stand rat na cat i go fit stand? but all the same thanks a lot am grateful.
Re: Amazing Kitchen Tips That Will Change Your Life by joey150(m): 11:43pm On May 17, 2016
ststyreal:

Thank you so much my friend but honestly, it seems there is an underground channel they pass to enter into my house, ave tried doing all these you enumerated but believe me u, it isn't working. So I need something that would chase them out (something they would perceive the odour) and never allow them into the house and somebody suggested "black pepper", have you heard of it before? if yes, please confirm to me if it truly works, thanks once again, am grateful for your concern.
checkout the link below.

http://www.homeremedyhacks.com/14-effective-home-remedies-to-get-rid-of-rats/

but remember,prevention is always better than cure. cheers!
Re: Amazing Kitchen Tips That Will Change Your Life by fison(m): 11:48pm On May 17, 2016
[quote author=ststyreal post=45720267]

To get rid of Mice or Rats:
"Sprinkle Black Pepper in places
where you find Mice &
Rats. They will run away"
Re: Amazing Kitchen Tips That Will Change Your Life by laikas: 11:56pm On May 17, 2016
thanks 4 d stew n over salted soup. u dnt know wat u just did for, i appreciate

2 Likes

Re: Amazing Kitchen Tips That Will Change Your Life by mignone(f): 12:11am On May 18, 2016
ststyreal:

Thanks so much op for this write up, have sincerely learnt something new but I need your advice on how to deal with rats in my apartment . please I urgently need your advice on her to chase these rats permanently from my abode, cos they are really scaring me, thanks in anticipation of your response.
as for the soak away ma'am, u may get some insecticide that come in refillable jars (I know of baygon) and flush it down all toilets in d house.
Re: Amazing Kitchen Tips That Will Change Your Life by emmydee(m): 12:15am On May 18, 2016
Surely Amazing!
Re: Amazing Kitchen Tips That Will Change Your Life by emmydee(m): 12:24am On May 18, 2016
ststyreal:

I have tried doing that, but sincerely I can't figure out where they are coming in from. I heard there is this pepper called "black pepper", have you heard of it before? I was told it chases rats away. please do let me know if u are aware of it. thanks my friend.
To deal with rats? Simply buy rat poison of say N150. Then mix them in a sweet jollof rice. Dish it in small quantities about the size of an egg. Then serve them in the evening time around 8pm at different locations within your compound. Try repeat this process after a week. My dear, you will NOT see a rat in your apartment in the next 6 months. Tank me later.
Re: Amazing Kitchen Tips That Will Change Your Life by ststyreal(f): 12:28am On May 18, 2016
emmydee:
To deal with rats? Simply buy rat poison of say N150. Then mix them in a sweet jollof rice. Dish it in small quantities about the size of an egg. Then serve them in the evening time around 8pm at different locations within your compound. Try repeat this process after a week. My dear, you will NOT see a rat in your apartment in the next 6 months. Tank me later.
thanks so much for your concern, I will keep on trying different methods including the one you just suggested. A grateful heart i am, thanks.
Re: Amazing Kitchen Tips That Will Change Your Life by Nobody: 12:31am On May 18, 2016
agoadiv:
Let's learn some KITCHEN tips, your kitchen is the most important room in your home.
A lot comes out from there, so let's learn some few tricks. Works wonders.
1. If you happen to over-salt a pot of soup, just drop in a peeled potato. The potato will absorb the excess salt.

2. When boiling eggs, add a pinch of salt to keep the shells from cracking.

3. Never put citrus fruits (Oranges, Lemons,
limes, etc) or tomatoes in the fridge. The low temperatures degrade the aroma and flavor of these fruits.(That's why our tomatoes don't last in the fridge)

4. To clean iron cooking ware, don’t use detergents. Just scrub them with salt and a clean, dry paper towel.

5. When storing empty airtight containers, throw in a pinch of salt to keep them from getting stinky..
Op, 1. Is it a cooked or uncook patotoe?
Re: Amazing Kitchen Tips That Will Change Your Life by leye4u: 12:46am On May 18, 2016
ststyreal:

thanks so much for your concern, I will keep on trying different methods including the one you just suggested. A grateful heart i am, thanks.
Just ensure kids or dogs in your compound don't end up picking up the poisoned food...I know someone who ended up killing all 4 dogs while trying to kill rats.thanks
Re: Amazing Kitchen Tips That Will Change Your Life by nonix22(m): 12:53am On May 18, 2016
ststyreal:

get a CAT mate. very easy and economical to have around.

1 Like

Re: Amazing Kitchen Tips That Will Change Your Life by adriftonmemories(m): 12:58am On May 18, 2016
flawlessT:
Pls is it any type of potato one is using in d case of salty food?Cus my soup sha grin

grin grin grin cool

1 Like

Re: Amazing Kitchen Tips That Will Change Your Life by Nobody: 1:05am On May 18, 2016
ststyreal:

Re: Amazing Kitchen Tips That Will Change Your Life by metroid(m): 1:08am On May 18, 2016
Drop Peeled Irish potato into salty soups or stew smiley
Chewing gum while peeling onions also helps smiley
Palm oil is also a vegetable oil

1 Like

Re: Amazing Kitchen Tips That Will Change Your Life by nonny400(m): 1:35am On May 18, 2016
ststyreal:

You're quite polite. Been reading your responses. That's nice.

2 Likes

Re: Amazing Kitchen Tips That Will Change Your Life by RaeMystix: 1:51am On May 18, 2016
Thanks for the info. SAVED
Re: Amazing Kitchen Tips That Will Change Your Life by adijakan(m): 2:50am On May 18, 2016
nice 1 op....really educative
Re: Amazing Kitchen Tips That Will Change Your Life by EmmahO(m): 3:05am On May 18, 2016
nice one Op.... shey u be food technologist ni grin
Re: Amazing Kitchen Tips That Will Change Your Life by siempere(m): 3:07am On May 18, 2016
nonny400:

You're quite polite. Been reading your responses. That's nice.
i really noticed this...was gonna comment then saw this....Good home training is always evident...

1 Like

Re: Amazing Kitchen Tips That Will Change Your Life by davades(m): 3:07am On May 18, 2016
Awesome cool tips
Re: Amazing Kitchen Tips That Will Change Your Life by lielbree: 3:26am On May 18, 2016
What of rat inside cline?? angry sad

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Woman Giving Her Husband A Haircut In Lagos / Great News For Pregnant And The Soon To Be Mothers(Books) / Woman Gives Birth To A Baby After 10 Years Of Pregnancy (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.