Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,450 members, 7,808,606 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:11 PM

Jennifer: Grass To Grace - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Jennifer: Grass To Grace (86541 Views)

Jane's dilemma(A short story about love and double-dating)by Onojeta Grace / Grace / Grass To Grace (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jennifer: Grass To Grace by emmabest2000(m): 7:34am On Jun 09, 2016
Well done

1 Like

Re: Jennifer: Grass To Grace by ashatoda: 10:50am On Jun 09, 2016
Zubby well done. I have a question. I have read the first story you wrote i.e. There and back where you first wrote about Jennifer. Considering the huge risks you underwent before you could save these girls from their wicked aunties, what are you doing to create the needed awareness which will liberate these girls from the hands of these devil cohorts. Cos its something you cant do alone. How do you think it could be curbed

1 Like

Re: Jennifer: Grass To Grace by ZUBY77(m): 1:37pm On Jun 09, 2016
ashatoda:
Zubby well done. I have a question. I have read the first story you wrote i.e. There and back where you first wrote about Jennifer. Considering the huge risks you underwent before you could save these girls from their wicked aunties, what are you doing to create the needed awareness which will liberate these girls from the hands of these devil cohorts. Cos its something you cant do alone. How do you think it could be curbed

Welcome.
Well, I am writing about it for now. That in itself is doing something about it.
It requires the involvement of government/s to handle this issue, unfortunately the governments in black Africa are still obsessed with acquiring wealth rather than helping the society.

9 Likes

Re: Jennifer: Grass To Grace by drtwist(m): 9:52pm On Jun 09, 2016
Oga boss nice Job! I'm one of There and Back in time addict and silent follower. Hope I will be glue by this one as we go! Zubby the Boss

1 Like

Re: Jennifer: Grass To Grace by ZUBY77(m): 11:10am On Jun 10, 2016
Episode 10: Everything has a beginning

“What happened after you visited Solomon again?” Max asked.

I told him everything that happened between me and Solomon. I told him how Solomon offered to help me relocate to Nigeria or Spain or Germany.

“I told Solomon that I didn’t want to go to Spain or Germany. My best option was Nigeria because that was the only place I know very well. I didn’t know what I was supposed to do in Germany or Spain. Things got out of hand when my Aunty found out that I had a new boyfriend. She asked people to find Solomon and they did. She met and threatened to kill Solomon. I thought Solomon was going to abandon me because of the threat from my Aunty but fortunately he became even more committed. He told me that since my Aunty threatened him, she would pay for that. For fear of finding out where he lived, Solomon found another apartment somewhere else and we relocated. At this stage, I was staying with him. My Aunty looked everywhere for me. She sent touts to find Solomon and I. She paid spies to tell her where we were. But at that stage, I was already deep into the running away project. I was determined. Solomon already told me that no deity in Africa can harm me in Europe. He abused and cursed the deities in my presence, he wasn’t scared of them. I figured that since the deities didn’t do anything to him, I was safe. When my Aunty intensified the search for us, we left Lisbon entirely and moved up to Porto. But the surprise thing that changed the game was a recorded message from Solomon. I didn’t know how and when he did that. He only told me that it was a recorded conversation between him and my Aunty. He said that my Aunty admitted that she was a human trafficker and that the Police would send her to prison if he gives them the recorded conversation. I started to believe him when my Aunty offered to give him more than 10,000 Euros to buy the tape. It was then that I knew my Aunty was in trouble,” I said and laughed.

Max laughed too. He said that human trafficking is a big offence in Europe.

“My Aunty came to Porto. Solomon told her that he would hand me over to her together with the tape but when we he received the money, he gave her the tape and took me to Braga. From Braga, we visited some other places before he found a traveling document for me. That was how I came with him to Berlin,” I said.

I went on to tell Max how I took asylum in Bremen and how I returned to Solomon in Berlin.

“Max, my life was beautiful until Solomon left for Africa. He said he would return in one month but he didn’t. The airlines refused to bring him back to Europe. I became scared and thought that he won’t return because he said he was searching for a new visa to return. When my house rent started to become a problem, I started looking for someone to share the apartment with. Unfortunately the only available person I found was a man. I had no choice but to accept him. We started living together until somehow we started sleeping together. That was how I got pregnant. I was careless and naive. When Solomon eventually returned to Berlin, he saw me with the pregnancy. I could tell that he was hurt because he didn’t stay back in Berlin. He left to Holland and never showed up here again. When the father of my child left for London, I contacted Solomon. I had his phone number then. Each time I called, he would tell me that he won’t be coming back to me. I understood his feelings. His pride was crushed but he liked me. He sent money to me every month. He paid for the apartment but the truth was that I needed him back in my life. He was a fighter and never allowed me to suffer until I made that mistake of allowing a man to live with me. Things went on the same way until I gave birth to my handsome little boy. After the birth, things became even more difficult. The father of my son had no job here. He hated work and would sit at home all day. He called me bad names and said that I was good for nothing. When he left for the UK, I felt happy except that I was going to start taking care of the baby on my own. That, coupled with the house rent worried me more than every other thing else. Sometimes, I won’t have enough money to even buy milk for my little boy. It was on one of such occasions that you ran into me and offered me money to pay at the mall,” I said.

The tears have started to fall freely once more. Max consoled me.

“So, it means you are not married or engaged to both Solomon and the father of your son,” Max said.

I nodded.

“You know, you can leave your apartment and come to stay in my place,” Max said.

I thought I didn’t hear him well enough, so I turned around and asked, “What do you mean?”

“I said you can come and stay in my place. I live alone in three bedroom apartment. You can have one room if you like,” Max said.

Things suddenly became excited. A few hours ago, I was wondering how the next meal would come. I was afraid that Mr. Solomon may not send the usually monthly ghost money. I was scared that my son may not have enough milk to last him for a week. But all of a sudden, there was I, with a German sportsman, offering me free room in his apartment.

Max liked me. It wasn’t difficult to see that. What I didn’t understand was why he would want a black girl to live with him in his private apartment. I felt that something was hidden somewhere in the whole turn of events but whether there was more to time or not, I was going to live in his apartment. It was better than hoping that Solomon would send money. It was better because first of all, my son was going to start growing around a man. My life was about to become different and it was obvious that it was for better because Max won’t allow us to starve. He had money, he had demonstrated that fact in many occasions, I needed money, I have demonstrated that numerous times too.

“Are you serious?” I asked as I looked him straight in the eyes.

“Yes I am,” he said and started bringing his face closer to mine until our lips met.
That was how my journey with Max Schneider started.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jennifer: Grass To Grace by RSAV: 9:31pm On Jun 10, 2016
I love this story.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jennifer: Grass To Grace by solaceguy(m): 10:26pm On Jun 10, 2016
I have a feeling that "aunty" sent Max. Oh well let's watch and see.

1 Like

Re: Jennifer: Grass To Grace by ZUBY77(m): 6:32am On Jun 11, 2016
Episode 11: If This Is A Dream

One week after visiting the park with Max, I moved into his apartment. It was like a dream for the first two days until I suddenly woke up in the middle of the night on the third day and realized that I was actually in a different apartment and environment.
Like every confused girl emerging out of teen, I feared that Max would soon burst into my room and demand zex but he didn’t. I was told that nothing was free in life, and since I didn’t possibly have anything else to repay Max for everything he did for me, I believed that it was just a matter of time before he come asking for zex. But he didn’t, rather, he would show up in my room every 6am and tell me he was going for training.
On the first morning after I moved to his apartment, he walked to my door, knocked and when I opened, he said, “Everything we brought from your old apartment is in the kitchen. You can cook food because I won’t be back until 1pm.”
I nodded and smiled before he left.
Two hours later, I got out of bed and went to the beautifully decorated large kitchen. The Rice was there as he said, and so was the canned tomato paste I brought from my old apartment. Everything required to prepare Stew was available, however, the problem was the electric cooker.
The large cooker was the most sophisticated piece if electrical appliance I had ever seen prior to that morning. It has more buttons than the cockpit of an airplane. The control labels were written in German language which made it even more complicated to use. The seater where I was supposed to place the pots were transparent and looked as it couldn’t hold a 1kg pot. The power button was different and red and could be spotted easily because it was the largest. However, when I eventually summoned enough courage to press the power button, I heard some whispering noises overhead and as a result, I quickly pressed the button again and the noises died. That was it for the day; I wasn’t going near that thing again.
Since my little boy needed to eat something, I settled for the less complicated electric kettle. After boiling water and making food for little Zuby, I decided to fast until Max returned. God was doing something great in my life and it seemed like a dream, it was time to fast after all.

When Max returned in the middle of the day, he asked what I ate.
“Nothing, I wasn’t hungry,” I lied.
“What about Mr. Z?” he asked. That was what he liked calling my son.
“I made food for him in the morning.”
An hour later, Max said we were going out for lunch.
“No, I don’t like to eat outside,” I said.
Good girl, act!
I was an African woman and the idea we had from childhood was that good wives always cooked at home. I didn’t know how it worked with white men but since it was the only thing I knew about home, I decided to say it anyway.

“Everyone eats outside Jennifer. You can’t possibly cook every kind of food you want at a home,” Max said.
“It’s okay; I just don’t feel like going out today. Can you please explain to me how the cooker works?” I said.
He flashed a quick look at me. “You mean the electric cooker in the kitchen?”
I nodded.
“Oh my God, I am sorry Jennifer. I should have done that before I left for training. I didn’t remember you haven’t used it before. Now I know why you didn’t cook.” He walked closer and hugged me.
Everything about the cooker was forgotten as soon as his lips touched mine. It was almost as if he was waiting to do that since the day before.
We held each other right there in the kitchen door and kissed for several minutes before he slowly carried me to his large room.
It was my first time in his room since I moved into the apartment. I thought I had seen the largest bed in the world before but when Max pushed the door to his room open, I was confronted with what seemed to be a bed for ten people. It was neatly seated in the middle of the large room, covered with glowing white sheet and large soft blanket.
The kisses and the soft fumbling of my breasts couldn’t allow me to compliment the art in his room as he slowly lowered me on the bed and continued kissing me.

I wanted to ask Max if he loved me and why he chose to live with a black single mother but I didn’t know how to start the question. I was still studying Max and didn’t know the things that could make him angry. I was being as careful as I could because the worst thing that could happened to me was to be booted out of his house simply because I did something he didn’t expect. As a result, I kept quiet and moaned softly as he squeezed my breasts gently and kissed me from forehead down to my stomach.

“Max,” I suddenly said.
He stopped what he was doing and looked up on my face.
“I think we are moving a little fast. There are one million questions I still want the answers from you but I don’t know how to ask them.”

He rolled over to my side and drew me closer to lie on his chest.
“Jennifer, I understand. I know you have been wondering how all this is possible but it is. The truth is that I felt a little pity for you the day we met. I knew you needed some help in the mall and I thought I should just help you. I didn’t know you were waiting for me outside and when I saw you standing there asking me to take the balance of my money, I knew that you must be a good girl and you looked beautiful. I felt love for you that day and I didn’t just want that to go away because you are a black girl or because you have a son already. I want to be with you Jennifer, please don’t say no,” he said.

What no?

Tears were already running down my cheeks as I looked him in the eyes and kissed him for long.
Max just said the sweetest thing I ever heard from a man, it was true that Solomon, the man who brought me to Germany also loved me to a fault but somehow, I felt a different kind of love from Max. Maybe it was because Solomon left unceremoniously. But Max was still there, he came for me when I thought the world was going to be over for me.

“I love you too Max. I just still don’t know if this is a dream but if it is, I don’t ever want to wake up.”
“No, it’s not a dream baby. I am right here with you and I don’t want to ever let you go too,” he said as he slowly pushed my underpants down my legs.

I was powerless to stop anything from happening.

This story will run continuously for 100 days.
To know when it is updated, You can simply
1 - Check on this page daily.
2 - Follow me through my nairaland profile.
3 - Get updates by liking our Facebook Page Here

6 Likes

Re: Jennifer: Grass To Grace by EZENDDIGBO(m): 6:49am On Jun 11, 2016
ZUBY77:
A new story from the Master Runner opens up here.
As usual, it's going to be full of intrigues, thriller, Romance, love and above all, intelligence.

Book Title: Jennifer.
Genre: Adventure.
Author: Samson Akpaka {Zuby77}
Home website: www.globalruns.com
Debut Date: May 25, 2016.
End Date: Unknown.
Price: Free

Synopsis: She left Nigeria to study and work in Portugal but found herself in the streets as a prostitute.
After being rescued and taken to Germany, she got pregnant for a man who eventually left her to suffer.
She lived and suffered with no hope of the next meal, until she stumbled on a professional footballer who went on to become her husband.

Get ready to run with the master once more.

All my books are available on pdf and docs now.
If you want any of them, you can reach me on +8613145790981.

wow, nice one brother. Did you later published there and back on time?
I love your true life story but e dey too long dat I couldn't finish it.
But every moment of the episode was interesting bro.
Thanks for keeping me busy then.
Re: Jennifer: Grass To Grace by bclint: 7:11am On Jun 11, 2016
hmmm, nice one nd also touching though
Re: Jennifer: Grass To Grace by sashishalom(f): 7:33am On Jun 11, 2016
Nice story
Re: Jennifer: Grass To Grace by darrie20(m): 7:45am On Jun 11, 2016
Thanks for coming up with something to keep me busy all through my NYSC camping which begins on monday, now I have what to fall back on whenever those boring seminars keep into gear......Following.....

1 Like

Re: Jennifer: Grass To Grace by megastu(m): 7:47am On Jun 11, 2016
Hello Zuby, if this is Samson Akpaka that lived in holland at a time. Please call me on +2348037178687 we were friends at a time and lost contact.

2 Likes

Re: Jennifer: Grass To Grace by donifez(m): 7:48am On Jun 11, 2016
I am following this story, I am your big fan for a long time... I don't understand the site now unlike before, I love the way you write the story from Jennifer point of view. Keep it up Sir.

N. P -I saw conflicting years for Jennifer birth - year, Try to fix it.... No mind my over-sabi pooh.
Re: Jennifer: Grass To Grace by Rexphobia(m): 8:12am On Jun 11, 2016
Mr Oga don bring another ogbonge one... Abokey, stop me for here
Re: Jennifer: Grass To Grace by ZUBY77(m): 8:38am On Jun 11, 2016
megastu:
Hello Zuby, if this is Samson Akpaka that lived in holland at a time. Please call me on +2348037178687 we were friends at a time and lost contact.

Yes, it is Samson Akpaka. The one that writes jokes for African Bulletin. And Yea, I made an unplanned quick exit from Amsterdam. You know how it works over there.
Who are you?
Re: Jennifer: Grass To Grace by Nobody: 8:39am On Jun 11, 2016
ZUBY77:
A new story from the Master Runner opens up here.
As usual, it's going to be full of intrigues, thriller, Romance, love and above all, intelligence.

Book Title: Jennifer.
Genre: Adventure.
Author: Samson Akpaka {Zuby77}
Home website: www.globalruns.com
Debut Date: May 25, 2016.
End Date: Unknown.
Price: Free

Synopsis: She left Nigeria to study and work in Portugal but found herself in the streets as a prostitute.
After being rescued and taken to Germany, she got pregnant for a man who eventually left her to suffer.
She lived and suffered with no hope of the next meal, until she stumbled on a professional footballer who went on to become her husband.

Get ready to run with the master once more.

All my books are available on pdf and docs now.
If you want any of them, you can reach me on +8613145790981.

Nice one bro. Hey i'm not hungry yet, Zubby is here.
Re: Jennifer: Grass To Grace by ZUBY77(m): 8:41am On Jun 11, 2016
EZENDDIGBO:
wow, nice one brother. Did you later published there and back on time?
I love your true life story but e dey too long dat I couldn't finish it.
But every moment of the episode was interesting bro.
Thanks for keeping me busy then.

Yes, "There and Back on time" is on paperback, pdf and docx.
The publishes are still selling the paper back cos I am not in naija at the moment.
You can find it in many online shops including amazon and co.

1 Like

Re: Jennifer: Grass To Grace by ZUBY77(m): 8:43am On Jun 11, 2016
donifez:
I am following this story, I am your big fan for a long time... I don't understand the site now unlike before, I love the way you write the story from Jennifer point of view. Keep it up Sir.

N. P -I saw conflicting years for Jennifer birth - year, Try to fix it.... No mind my over-sabi pooh.

Thanks, you can point me to the conflicting years, I write with Jack Daniel's beside me.
Re: Jennifer: Grass To Grace by JeffreyJamez(m): 8:47am On Jun 11, 2016
Wow....I love this story.... Zuby you just got a new fan.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jennifer: Grass To Grace by janway(f): 9:10am On Jun 11, 2016
waiting for continuity.
Re: Jennifer: Grass To Grace by oluangelkay(f): 9:15am On Jun 11, 2016
i just love this story......... What can i say? Keep the story rolling
Re: Jennifer: Grass To Grace by chukwurah12345(m): 9:24am On Jun 11, 2016
Hmmmmmm.....is at all!!!
Re: Jennifer: Grass To Grace by chukwurah12345(m): 9:24am On Jun 11, 2016
Hmmmmmm.....is dat all!!!
Re: Jennifer: Grass To Grace by tosynomolara(f): 9:26am On Jun 11, 2016
nyc one
Re: Jennifer: Grass To Grace by leahcimzil: 9:32am On Jun 11, 2016
lol op will soon stop updatting, and tell y'all to goan buy his book. smh
Re: Jennifer: Grass To Grace by hotswagg12: 9:44am On Jun 11, 2016
Zubby is back....this got to be interesting.
Re: Jennifer: Grass To Grace by bclint: 9:52am On Jun 11, 2016
wow dis story is very interesting...infact it hz inspired me...plz keep it up u can do more..
Re: Jennifer: Grass To Grace by ZUBY77(m): 9:54am On Jun 11, 2016
leahcimzil:
lol op will soon stop updatting, and tell y'all to goan buy his book. smh

This story will start and end here.

2 Likes

Re: Jennifer: Grass To Grace by smartec: 10:42am On Jun 11, 2016
nice story bro, but try and put some Germany languages on it, like Good morning, thank you in Germany language it will make more sense. keep it up.
Re: Jennifer: Grass To Grace by donifez(m): 10:43am On Jun 11, 2016
Let me post a screenshot

Re: Jennifer: Grass To Grace by kcowen(m): 11:54am On Jun 11, 2016
This is gonna be another blockbuster story,all the movies I plan seeing this week will be suspended becos of this,oya shift for me spread mat with popcorn & black bullet.. This is gonna be interesting

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

CI / A Thorn In The Flesh / Chronicles Of Temy (my Life On Campus)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.