Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,579 members, 7,809,097 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:03 PM

Jennifer: Grass To Grace - Literature (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Jennifer: Grass To Grace (86547 Views)

Jane's dilemma(A short story about love and double-dating)by Onojeta Grace / Grace / Grass To Grace (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jennifer: Grass To Grace by sbabimbola(f): 5:21pm On Jul 08, 2016
Chicent:

amen

Amen, Thanks.
Re: Jennifer: Grass To Grace by olatex25(m): 8:55pm On Jul 08, 2016
Captivating... Following
Re: Jennifer: Grass To Grace by ZUBY77(m): 8:22am On Jul 09, 2016
Episode 30: We Didn’t Care

We had zex in the bare floor in the cabin in Apulia beach.
It was the best zex I ever had; perhaps it was because it happened in an open place. The door to the cabin was not closed, there was a lock on the inside of the door but we didn’t bother to use it. We simply did our thing without minding if someone would see us or not. We had seen white people doing it in an open cabin down the beach and we didn’t do a thing, We only glanced at them and walked away.
Since we saw them and did nothing, I was sure nobody would do anything to us too. It was a beach and we were old enough to have zex.
The only reservation was that we were blacks and it was never in our culture to have zex in an open place but we were not in Africa. The good news was that Solomon didn’t care either.
Before we even remembered to close the door, we were already deep into one another and that small gap between what we were doing and closing the door could destroy the fun I was about to have. Besides since Solomon was already sitting on the floor, I was required to close the door myself but I wasn’t going to do it. I was going to have zex in an open place and that was it.

The cool breeze from the ocean brushed on us occasionally as we kissed every kissable part of our bodies.

“Are you not scared that people might see us?” Solomon had asked.

“Shut up and make love to me,” I said in return.

His trouser was hurriedly yanked off him at the same time he removed my clothes too. We were totally naked in an open cabin while people walked past us without minding what we did.

I pushed him back to the floor to lie on his back. His stiff manhood was excited as I lowered my mouth and started sucking on it. He moaned as my warm tongue touched the tip of his manhood and I slowly sucked my way down the entire length.
His hands stretched out and found my pointed boobs; he squeezed away gently too.

We worked on each other for several minutes before we couldn’t take it any longer, then I climbed on top of him, spread my legs wide enough around him and slowly lowered my cunt onto his manhood.
Slowly, the entire length of his manhood entered inside me as I pumped away in ecstasy.
I would pump and pump and then kiss the tips of his breasts one after the other until he was powerless to do anything but suspend himself to me totally.

For over five minutes, I remained in that position. I would move my waist up and down his manhood and then pause for a while before I continued. Things went on that way until he got up, turned me around and made me hold the edge of the low window of the cabin. My protruded buttocks exposed the entrance of my cunt.
I moaned out loud as he slowly inserted his manhood into me and this time, it was his turn to hit me hard and harder.
I was out of the world without my knowledge.
I didn’t remember we were in an open place, I just wished he never stopped but like every other zex, he was bound to get tired and eventually stop whether I wanted or not.

Three minutes later, I felt his warm sperm inside me and waited for the last drop of it to go inside before he pulled out. I didn’t care if I would get pregnant; it was what I even wanted anyway.
I felt getting pregnant would keep Solomon for me forever. It was what I prayed for too because I was sure it would be very difficult to find someone else who would love me like he did.

He turned me around and we hugged and held each other, kissing more and more until the excitement became less, then we wore our clothes and walked out of the beach while holding our hands in confidence; something we didn’t do in the past.

“Did you enjoy it?” He had asked before we got to the Taxi stand.

“You know I enjoyed it.” I smiled at him.
“I didn’t know you enjoyed it, you didn’t tell me you enjoyed it until I asked,” he said.

We laughed together as I hit him playfully. We got to the Taxi stand and took a cab back to where we wanted to have dinner in Braga.
It was already past 8pm before we got back to Braga City.
Inside an Italian restaurant where we were about to have dinner, his phone rang.

“I told you never to call me unless it’s an emergency,” Solomon said on the phone.
My heartbeat increased instantly. I didn’t know who called him but from the tone he used, it was obvious that the ugly trouble has returned.

From the time we started kissing on the beach to the time we returned to Braga, I forgot I was being hunted by Madam Grace. I forgot I was a fugitive and I forgot the world existed in Lisbon. I had wished everything away and didn’t want to remember them until that phone call.

“Excuse me,” Solomon said as he stood up and walked outside.

I waited for him until he returned and sat opposite me. He was not troubled and I took it to be a good thing.

“Was that my Madam? Is she still in Porto?” I asked in quick succession.

“It’s my friend from Lisbon, the one I told you has contacts of people who can help me get resident permit through the back door.”

“Baby I am still worried about this backdoor permit. I hope he is not going to run away with your money,” I said.

He nodded and said he understood what I meant, but said he was doing it anyway. According to him, he wanted to leave Portugal as soon as possible. It seemed the permit he applied for was taking longer than he wanted.

After our dinner, we walked to a water fountain and sat near it like many more people did. We talked more on the resident permit issue. I didn’t want him to do it and I told him my reasons. I just didn’t want him to lose money on a fake resident permit. I even went as far as telling him to have patient until the one he applied for gets approved. He knew I was right but he said since the Portuguese authorities didn’t give him a hint of when to expect the application approval or rejection, he was not going to wait in the dark.

“Baby, this could take one year and the truth is that I am never going to spend one year waiting for the permit. I will take the back door permit and disappear from Portugal. I am sure I won’t be coming back to renew it when it expires,” He said.

At about 11pm, we went back to our apartment and waited for 2006, it was just an hour away.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jennifer: Grass To Grace by olatex25(m): 10:22am On Jul 09, 2016
Hmm...
Re: Jennifer: Grass To Grace by tobianodino(m): 6:18am On Jul 10, 2016
nice work man pls send me d NL link to ur own main story
Re: Jennifer: Grass To Grace by Chicent(m): 7:10am On Jul 10, 2016
tobianodino:
nice work man
pls send me d NL link to ur own main story

go to his signature..... Follow ur way to his website. Thats were u will ge the story full option.
The one on NL aint complete.....
Enjoy the run
Re: Jennifer: Grass To Grace by ZUBY77(m): 11:44am On Jul 10, 2016
Episode 31: The Conflicting Dream

We didn’t go out again in the night of December 31st 2005. We decided to stay indoors. The truth was that I wanted to be outside. I wanted to watch people fire up the sky with bangs. It was usually fun to also buy your own bangs and knock them like everyone else but the man of the house decided against it. He said we weren’t going anywhere that night.
“I know how much you want to go out there and join the band but we are not safe in the night. We don’t know where Jose and his friend are. We don’t know where Madam Grace is at the moment. It is true that they don’t know where we are but if we go to the city center to witness the New Year celebration bangs, one of them could easily spot us and you can imagine what will happen. I am sorry but we aren’t going anywhere,” he had said.
I totally understood what he said. He was right. We were on the run. The little make out we had at the cabin led me to believe we were invisible.
We stood near our open window and watched the sky turned into flames of fire as soon as the clock turned to 12 midnight. Different kinds of sounds could be heard from every corner of Braga. It was beautiful to witness but dangerous for us to participate on.
“Sometimes we just have to forfeit what we want to do what is right” That was what Solomon said before I agreed not to talk about going out that night anymore. A quote that eventually got stuck in my head.
As the bangs faded away with time, we discussed what we would do the next day.
“We will stay inside and cook for ourselves,” I said.
“I think we should return to the Cathedral and get married,” Solomon said.
I laughed out loud and asked him if he was serious.
“Of course, it’s no big deal for me. We can do it, white people do such things all the time,” he said.
“What about our relatives, are you seriously suggesting that none of them witness our wedding?” I asked.
He smiled. “It looks that way to me. I don’t really care if they are here to witness it or not. I understand women usually wanted the entire human race to witness their weddings but I don’t see those things as anything,” he said.
My expression changed. “Do you mean you don’t like big weddings?”
“Yep, that’s what I just said,” he said, “the objective is to get married, not to invite the whole Africa to witness the wedding.”
I asked if he wouldn’t want people to drink and eat on his wedding.
“That’s the African way. We are no more in Africa,” he said.
I didn’t want to argue much on the topic but I certainly didn’t buy his idea of wedding. Wedding was supposed to be the happiest day in a woman’s life. At least that was what we were made to know back in Nigeria. We fantasized over how our weddings would be when we get married. Every girl I knew wanted a big wedding. Perhaps it was because the weddings itself were usually sponsored by the husband in Nigeria.
I knew he wasn’t serious about going to get married in the Church the next day but it got me thinking the entire night. If that was what he wanted, I would gladly follow him to the Church. What other options did I have?
If that was what was required to secure my relationship with Solomon, I wouldn’t let anything stand in the way.
The following morning, we didn’t go to the Cathedral like I wished. I actually had a dream the previous night. Perhaps it was the work of my conscious imagination but I dreamt about how life eventually turned out with Solomon.
In my dream, we lived in a large house in a city I couldn’t even remember when I woke up. My parents came to visit us from Nigeria. My father didn’t like Solomon, he said he was Igbo. My mother liked Solomon and sided with me during the argument that eventually ensured. Every effort I made to convince my father that being an Igbo man didn’t make Solomon different from Edo people but he didn’t want to hear it. He said he didn’t approve our marriage. It prompted a heated argument in which Solomon himself asked my father to leave our house.
“You can’t throw my father out of the house like that,” I had said in the dream.
“Yes, I can throw him out of my house, I pay for this house.”
We were still arguing when I suddenly woke up. I didn’t know what to make out of the story but one thing I decided instantly was that if I eventually married Solomon, I would not invite my father to our house. I knew I could be wrong, people said dreams were usually the opposite. In that case, it would be my mother who would hate Solomon for being an Igbo. Unfortunately I wasn’t going to hate my mother irrespective of what she believed.
For some reasons, I decided to keep the dream to myself. I didn’t know how Solomon would react if I suddenly tell him a story about how one of my parents didn’t like him. Solomon was a very sensitive person that hears you out, decides what to do and do it without your consent. I believed that telling him about the story could make him hate my father and if that happened, it would be difficult to love him with all my heart.
Since I was in charge of the kitchen, I decided that we cook on that New Year. The African way of belief was that whatever one did on New Year, he or she would continue to do that until the end of the year. Irrespective of how silly it sounded, I still believed it and as a result, I told Solomon we were not going out for food. Rather we went out and bought Chicken and unripe plantain. I heard that the Plantain made men to want zex all the time. I wanted Solomon to have zex with me all the time because in truth, I wanted to get pregnant. I was sure he wasn’t going to abandon me if I got pregnant for him. Since he didn’t abandon me when I meant nothing to him, it was logical to agree that he won’t do it if he had a reason to stay with me. I knew love was such a good and binding thing but the truth was that we human beings have a lot of expectations. Love would eventually wear off if nothing else happened to take over from it. In my years on earth, I have seen such things happen.
Solomon was an Igbo man and the truth was that he was required to have children when he gets married. Black men never got married for the fun of it or for love, the objective has always been as clear as diamond; they all wanted children.
And so was I…

3 Likes

Re: Jennifer: Grass To Grace by LivinaPatrick(f): 12:05pm On Jul 10, 2016
Ok o
Re: Jennifer: Grass To Grace by olatex25(m): 9:17pm On Jul 10, 2016
Hmm.. Following bumper 2 bumper
Re: Jennifer: Grass To Grace by Nmaglit: 1:33am On Jul 11, 2016
Zuby zuby thanks for d updates thar jennifer of a girl get sense
Re: Jennifer: Grass To Grace by ZUBY77(m): 7:10am On Jul 11, 2016
Episode 32: The City of Bad Dreams

For our New Year celebration, we went out to the river and bought two tickets. With some other tourists, we were taken around the city where the river passed. A man in front explained everywhere to us. When we finished with the boat, we joined a tour bus and continued looking around the city until late in the evening when we returned to our apartment.

“Get our things ready, we are leaving here tomorrow,” Solomon said.

I looked up at him, “Where are we going?”

“We are returning to Lisbon, but not the part of Lisbon where Madam Grace lives. We will hang in a hotel room for a few days and then, we will see where to go from there,” he said.

I suddenly became scared once more. For the past two days, I had managed to push our predicaments behind me. I had assumed that we were already safe until he made such unfortunate statement about returning to Lisbon.

“I am scared,” I said.

He pulled me closer to him and kissed me for a few seconds, and then he said, “I want you to know that before anyone can get to you in this Portugal, the person will have to come through me first.”

I nodded and kissed him more. Not that I believed him 100% but his assurance was good enough. I witnessed everything he did to secure me; thereof I had no reasons to doubt him.

What exactly was even going to happen to me? Even if Madam Grace eventually recaptured me, the worst she could do would be to punish me and send me back to the street where I will eventually call Solomon and go back to him. My only fear was that Solomon was definitely going to stand in the way between Madam Grace and me; he was bound to get hurt one way or the other.

Before we slept, I arranged our belongings and asked if I should pack the cooking pots too.

“We are leaving here with just our bags,” he said.

“But Baby, we just bought these…” I was saying before he interrupted me.

“Jennifer, we are not leaving here with anything except our clothes, phones, money, shoes and dental kits. If you as much as bring anything else I will throw it out of the window in the train. We are on the run, being pursued by black and white enemies. The last thing we need now is to carry pots and kettle. We are going to stay in a hotel and we can’t lodge in a hotel with such things.”

I knew he was right, it was just painful to leave those things behind a few days after buying them.

We didn’t leave Braga in the morning, we waited until it was 6pm. Solomon had earlier explained to me that it would be ideal to enter Lisbon around 10pm when we could still get a good hotel room and at the same time, when people would be heading to bed already. I knew enough not to doubt his judgments. It was true he was making all the decisions but his decisions kept me alive and secured so far.

We got to Lisbon around 10pm like he said we would. I didn’t know how he did all that but he seemed to know his way around everywhere. I envied him on that because I was sure I would get lost even if I was told to go to where I had been in the past. Everything was written in Portuguese which I unfortunately didn’t know yet.

We found a cheap hotel in Setubal area of Lisbon and paid for one night.

The next day after a meeting with his friend, Solomon returned and asked where I kept my international passport.

“I told you she took it away the day I arrived here,” I said.

He knew I was talking about Madam Grace.

“Why do you want my passport?”

He said he wanted to make a resident permit for me too so we could leave Portugal together. Unfortunately I didn’t have the passport. However when he went out again and returned in the night, he said he would find a resident permit card for me to be able to leave Portugal. I was excited that I was eventually going to leave Portugal for good. I didn’t care where we were going or how we would get there, I just wanted us to be as far as possible from Lisbon.

There was huge tension for both of us in Lisbon. Despite lodging in Setubal, away from Rossio area where I worked as a Prostitute, I was still scared. Street girls host their customers in hotels most of the time. I felt that someone who knew who I was could stumble on me in the hotel and the news that I was in Lisbon would naturally spread from there. I didn’t know how long we were going to spend in the hotel and where we were going next. I didn’t know how long it would take to find the resident permit card for me. I also didn’t know how the emergency resident permit for my boyfriend would turn out. I was totally blacked out and the worst part of it was that it was in Lisbon of all places, the city that brought nightmares to me.

The following day, we woke up before midday and took out bath together.

“What would you like to eat?” Solomon asked me as he put on his shirt.

“I don’t really know. Maybe you can buy big Mac for me at Macdonald’s.”

“Alright, I will do that on my way back, I need to see someone,” he said before he left.

Since there was nothing to do, I went back to sleep until my phone rang. I didn’t look on the screen before I pressed the green ‘answer’ button.

“Baby,” I said

I knew who it was because unfortunately only one person has my phone number.

“Open the door for me,” he said.

“What’s up?” I asked as I took the ‘Macdonald’ s branded nylon bag from him.

“I need to snap you with this phone. The people looking for your resident permit card needs to know what you look like,” Solomon said.

“Wait, I need to wash my face and apply powder and…” I said as he positioned his phone Camera to snap my face.

The flash of the Nokia E71 flashed on my face before I could finish what I was saying.

“You don’t need powders and lotion, you need resident permit,” he said as he walked out of the room again.

It was already 8pm before he returned.

“This is what is going to happen. These resident permit papers could take more than two days. After that, we are going to require flight tickets too which means we must go into the city during the day time. I am going to send Madam Grace and Jose to Porto so that the coast will be clear for us to venture into the city,” he said as soon as he opened the room door.

“How do you intend to send them to Porto?” I asked.

Global Runs Community will stand with Ichommy for Mr. Nairaland 2016.
https://www.nairaland.com/ichommy
Vote Ichommy for Mr. Nairaland 2016

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jennifer: Grass To Grace by olatex25(m): 8:19am On Jul 11, 2016
Following..
Re: Jennifer: Grass To Grace by janeso(f): 3:44pm On Jul 11, 2016
Wonderful story line
Re: Jennifer: Grass To Grace by tobianodino(m): 12:21am On Jul 12, 2016
nice
Re: Jennifer: Grass To Grace by Chicent(m): 1:26am On Jul 12, 2016
Endorsed By The Great Runner Himself..... Support the movement..... TeamICHOMMY on the move...... Dont be left out....
Re: Jennifer: Grass To Grace by Chicent(m): 1:27am On Jul 12, 2016
Double post.
Re: Jennifer: Grass To Grace by ZUBY77(m): 5:46am On Jul 12, 2016
Episode 33: The Intelligent Defensive Moves (IDM)

“Here is the plan. We are going to make Madam Grace believe that you and I fight each other every day. Since she believes that Olokun has the power to even wake up the dead, we are going to use that against her. I will call her in the morning and tell her that I am sending you back. While I talk on the phone with her, throw insults at me. Shout at me with curses and abuses. Don’t worry, I won’t hold it against you later,” he said.

I laughed. “What am I going to say?”

Solomon told me to call him bad names. “Call me wicked man, thief, whatever bad name you call your enemies. Make sure you are loud enough for Madam Grace to hear you. We only have one genuine attempt at this. If we fail to convince her that I really want to send you back, she will know it’s a trap. Remember she is scared of me now,” Solomon said.

First thing the next morning, Solomon called Madam Grace. The phone was on speakout mode as always.

“Madam Grace,” he said and kept quiet.

“Who is this?”

He raised his voice a bit. “I told you to stop asking silly questions.”

“Look Solomon, I am still on my bed. I didn’t know it was you.”

He smiled at me before he continued. “Better, if you still want Jennifer back, you need to call me when you are tired of your bed.”

“Wait Solomon, what do you mean?” Madam Grace said.

“God will punish you, useless man. After everything you did to me, you want to send me back to Lisbon. It will never be well with you,” I shouted over and over on background.

I was close enough to the phone to ensure that Madam Grace heard everything I was saying.

The plan was working because Madam Grace suddenly became alerted and asked what Solomon wanted her to do.

“I will send her back to Lisbon tomorrow. I am tired of her and I don’t want anything to do with her again. You didn’t tell me she is a witch,” Solomon continued.

“It’s your father that is a witch, not me,” I kept shouting until Solomon made a sign for me to stop.

I guess he feared I could give us away.

“I will come and pick her up. Are you still in Porto? I don’t trust that girl.” Madam Grace said.

Solomon affirmed that we were still in Porto before he killed the call.

It was time to call Jose. “This one is going to be tricky. I need you to stay quiet and listen,” Solomon warned me.

I nodded as he dialed Jose and switched the phone on speakout.

Despite us being in danger, I was enjoying the entire tactical intelligence being displayed by my boyfriend. I was simply proud of him that moment.

Jose was calm on the phone. He asked where we were as expected.

“We are still in Porto.”

He asked what happened. Solomon told him that Madam Grace came to Porto with some thugs. “It was the reason why I disappeared with the money immediately I got it from her. I have your share with me. You can send me your details so I can forward it to you through Western Union.”

Jose didn’t allow him to finish what he was saying before he interrupted. “No, I will come to Porto tomorrow to pick up the money. There are other things we need to discuss. We can have beer together too.”

Solomon looked at me and smiled. The original plan was to drag Jose to Porto but for some reasons best know to him, Solomon decided to make things look like he didn’t want Jose in Porto. It was perfect that Jose suggested that he come to Porto by himself.

Before the end of the call, Jose agreed that he would be in Porto the next day. The time agreed for the meeting was about 2 pm in a hotel in Porto, the same time and the same hotel Solomon agreed to meet with Madam Grace for my handover the following day.

Apparently Madam Grace and Jose were likely going to collide and the bad news was that they knew each other. The good news was that both our enemies were leaving Lisbon the following day. That will give us the freedom to go into the city to buy tickets if we succeeded in getting the permits as we planned.

There was nothing else to do except Wait inside the hotel room like cockroaches. We didn’t make love like we used to do with such opportunities, the reason was simple; there was huge tension hovering over us. We didn’t know what would happen in the next one or two days. According to Solomon, our greatest threat yet was Francis his friend, the man who was responsible for the resident permit process.

Francis was the only person of interest who knew that we were in Lisbon. It won’t cost him much to sell us out because Solomon said he already gave him some money. Money has a way of turning friends against each other. Francis could decide to embezzle the advanced fee Solomon already gave him for the permit, and then alert Madam Grace that we were in Lisbon. Madam Grace would mount a manhunt against us all over the place and even promise money to anyone who could give authentic information on our location.

We were simply in a very dangerous time and I had no option than to silently pray that things worked in our favour.

We played cards, made jokes and when it was 2pm, Solomon left alone to buy us foods. He returned alive an hour later, carrying rice and chicken. It was the first decent meal we ate in the past two days.

In the evening, Francis called. He said the resident permit and my traveling card would be ready by midday of the next day.

“That’s fine,” Solomon had said, “Just make sure it doesn’t go beyond 12 noon tomorrow, otherwise I will forget about it and ask for refund.”

“Baby, you don’t have to use strong tone on him, remember he is the only person who knows we are here,” I said as soon as the phone conversation was over.

He looked at me, smiled and said. “If he is planning to go against us, whatever I say won’t change that.”

Since I didn’t want to argue out the topic, I nodded and continued playing cards with him until we eventually took our bath and slept.

The following day was going to be very stressful and dangerous for us in Lisbon. I just prayed and hoped we get out of it alive because it could be the last time my eyes will see the city of Lisbon.

Yes, if I ever managed to leave Lisbon in one piece, I didn’t think anything would bring me back again. It was the city that changed me from a God-fearing girl to a forced Prostitute. That was a memory I didn’t want to save in my head for the rest of my life. But unfortunately, there were things we couldn’t just wish away.

Still we vote Ichommy for Mr. Nairaland 2016

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jennifer: Grass To Grace by olatex25(m): 7:57am On Jul 12, 2016
Getting more and more interesting... Thumb up bro
Re: Jennifer: Grass To Grace by janeso(f): 11:25am On Jul 12, 2016
Nice story Line following day by day
Re: Jennifer: Grass To Grace by haymoney01(m): 12:01am On Jul 13, 2016
Bro... Please I need to read the protected seasons of global runs i.e season 5 to 8 Cc Zuby77
Re: Jennifer: Grass To Grace by ZUBY77(m): 2:25am On Jul 13, 2016
haymoney01:
Bro... Please I need to read the protected seasons of global runs i.e season 5 to 8 Cc Zuby77

There is a phone number and email on the website.
There is also a thread here for the Global runs stories.
Use those mediums.
Re: Jennifer: Grass To Grace by ZUBY77(m): 3:23am On Jul 13, 2016
Episode 34: The Porto Collision.

The day eventually came. As soon as I got out of bed, I knelt down and closed my eyes for prayers. I knew I wasn’t the best prayer warrior out there but I felt it was time to ask God for help. The situation seemed to be disturbing even my strong-headed boyfriend. I had never seen him disturbed as much as he was the previous night

I said some prayers and sang some Gospel songs. He was awake, he saw what I was doing but didn’t bother to join me or ask me to lower my voice. He just stared on the concrete ceiling as if his mind was somewhere else.

After my prayers, I crawled back to bed beside him and said, “I believe everything is going to be alright. My God just revealed to me that nothing would happen to us.”

That seemed to have gotten his attention because he turned over and faced me. “I have no doubt about anything happening to us. Nothing is going to happen to us because I have been thinking for the whole night about the possible traps Francis could set for us. I am going to be dictating all our meetings and movements. That worst that could happen is that we could abandon the permits and drift away from Lisbon. That’s what I am afraid of because we will have to start looking for traveling documents before we can leave Portugal. That’s what I am afraid of, not whether Madam Grace and her army will catch me.”

His phone was ringing before he finished what he was saying, it was Jose. He said he and his friend were already in Oriente station, heading to Porto.

“I am at the Golden Tulip Hotel in the Biavista area. Call me when you get to the Sao Bento Station in Porto and I will direct you to where I am,” Solomon had said before the conversation ended.

It didn’t take long before Madam Grace called too. She said she was already in the train to Porto and that she would be there before 2 pm.

“That’s fine. I hope you are not coming with you thugs this time. Remember I didn’t ask you to bring money, you are simply coming to pick up your girl,” Solomon said.

At the same time he was telling Madam Grace that she was coming to pick me up, I chipped in as usual. “I don’t want to follow her.”

Solomon shouted at me and asked me to shut up, I did.

At around 12 noon, Solomon called Francis. “I hope you know I expected your call two minutes ago,” he said.

“I will call you as soon as the guy calls me. I have tried to call him twice but his number didn’t connect,” Francis said.

“What are you talking about? You said you know this guy very well. You better go and find out where he is or I will come for my money,” Solomon said before he cut the call in anger.

Then he turned around to me and said, “Start getting ready, we may have to leave this place in an hour.”

The reality that we may not get the traveling permits hit me hard. I had hoped that the traveling documents would put an end to the hide and seek game we had been playing with Jose and Madam Grace. I had hoped that we would be out of Portugal the next day and that would have put an end to everything we were going through. The greatest disappointment so far wasn’t even the permit itself. The greatest hit I received was that I had also hoped that as soon as we disappear from Portugal, we were going to find a quiet beautiful town in another country and live there. I had hoped that we would make a home wherever it would be, legalize our relationship and start having our own kids. I knew it was just a dream but it was a dream I had hoped to hold on to because so far, Solomon hasn’t said anything about separating with me. It was true he said something like me taking asylum when we go out of Portugal but I didn’t see how that was going to stop my dream of living with him forever.

“Are we going to leave the permits behind?” I asked for the sake of saying something.

“It looks like that to me now, but trust me, if Francis as much as tried or even thought of taking my money without giving me what I paid for, I will return to Portugal alone and make life unbearable for him.”

We took our bath together, wore our clothes and shoes, and then we sat on the bed and waited until the call came from Porto.

Jose’s voice boomed on the phone speaker. “Where are you? I am in the hotel.”

“Jose, I told you to call me when you get to Sao Bento,” Solomon said.

We were surprised he came straight to the hotel without calling as he was told.

Jose was up to something, unfortunately for him, the man he was trying to outsmart had calculated all his moves long time ago.

“I didn’t have to call you at the Station. You told me you are in Golden Tulip Hotel and I know where it is. I am there now at the reception.”

“No problem Jose. Pick up a bottle of whisky from the bar and drink with your friend, I will be down in an hour,” Solomon said before he killed the call.

“Why did you ask him to take the whisky? It could be expensive inside the hotel and he may not have the money to pay after drinking,” I said as soon as the call ended.

“Worry about your problems, leave others to worry about theirs.”

It didn’t take long before Madam Grace herself called. She said she was in Sao Bento Station in Porto and asked how she could get to the hotel.

Solomon told her to take a cab to the hotel and wait in reception. “I will be there with Jennifer by 2pm, remember what I told you; don’t start anything with me or even with Jennifer. I am not sending her back to you because I want to do that, I am sending her back because I don’t know what to do with her and because her parents are angry with what we did.”

Madam Grace promised not to start anything. She even said she would forgive all the money Solomon took from her because he was sending me back. I couldn’t help but laughed in the hotel room. The two parties were going to meet in the same hotel. Jose knew Madam Grace and Madam Grace knew him too. It was just a matter of time before the fight commenced.

We waited until Jose called again. He was frantic on the phone. “That woman just walked in here, what’s going on?” He was talking about Madam Grace; it was expected anyway.

Solomon asked Jose to hide and not allow Madam Grace to see him.

The Porto collision had just started.

3 Likes

Re: Jennifer: Grass To Grace by olatex25(m): 8:18am On Jul 13, 2016
Hmm.. The clash of d Titans, season 2
Re: Jennifer: Grass To Grace by janeso(f): 5:14pm On Jul 13, 2016
Captivating
Re: Jennifer: Grass To Grace by ZUBY77(m): 3:36am On Jul 14, 2016
Episode 35: The Final Escape

Madam Grace called too. She said she was in the hotel Reception and asked that Solomon did fast because she was returning to Lisbon the same day.

She was told to have patience until 2pm.

As soon as we made sure the two parties were in Golden Tulip Hotel in Porto, Solomon killed his phone.

“Give me your phone,” He said.

I quickly handed him my phone without asking questions.

He called Francis back, his number wasn’t connecting. He tried again and it was the same thing. It was no longer the phone of the Portuguese criminal immigration officer that was not connecting; Francis and his phone were no longer accessible.

It seemed we have been scammed and defeated.

“Pick the small bag, let’s go,” Solomon said as he grabbed me by hand and we walked out of the hotel room.

At the reception, we were told to pay extra money since we stayed past 12 noon. I walked to the road and waited while Solomon settled with the receptionist.

“Let’s go,” he said as soon as he came out of the hotel.

About 20 meters away from the hotel, we stopped a cab and jumped inside as if we were already being pursued.

“Your phone is ringing,” The Taxi driver said to Solomon. He had switched it on again at the hotel reception.

I was sitting at the back seat wondering where to go next. My life had suddenly turned to a fast adventure and despite it being a very dangerous adventure; I was still having small fun.

I watched as Solomon brought out his phone and looked on the screen. I didn’t see the caller but I was sure it was either Madam Grace or Jose calling from North. It wasn’t difficult to figure out anyway because he didn’t have many friends.

After the ringing phone died, it started ringing again.

“Give me your phone,” Solomon turned to me and said.

I handed my phone over to him again. I watched with interest as he located Francis’ number on my phone, and then switched his off.

He called Francis again.

“Where are you?” He asked.

I didn’t hear what Francis said but I heard when he was directed to take a taxi to the Oriente Train Station.

“Baby, I think going through Oriente is a bad idea. It’s the biggest station here in Lisbon and we could see the people we know,” I said.

It was good that I chipped in an advice too. I was ashamed not to have contributed anything since we started running away from Madam Grace. I knew the advice wasn’t much but it was something.

“We are not going anywhere through Oriente. I want to meet someone there and then we use Taxi to where we are going,” he said.

Some minutes later, we stopped across the road to the entrance of the large Lisbon Oriente train station.

Another ten minutes later, we saw Francis alighted from another cab, he was alone, and his phone was on his ear as he paid the driver and it took a few seconds before my phone started ringing; Solomon was still with it, so he answered.

“Come into the Station. Don’t put your phone off,” Solomon said.

We watched Francis go into the Station and two minutes later, he came back out; the phone was still on his ear.

“Why did you ask him to go into the Station?” I asked Solomon who was looking everywhere at the same time.

He said he wanted to make sure nobody followed Francis.

Francis was directed to our cab where he jumped to the back seat where I was.

Solomon asked the driver to move towards the highway.

We got to the major junction where the major four highways of Portugal met.

“Stop there,” Solomon said as he pointed to a corner; the cab driver obeyed.

“Wait here Jenny,” he said as he motioned Francis to come out of the car with him.

I tried to look through the back windshield to see what they were doing but it was difficult to do that from my position.

About 10 minutes later, Solomon got back into the car alone and told the driver to head North towards Porto.

“You said we are not going to…” I was saying when he turned around and looked at me. It was that look that forced one to stop whatever he or she was saying or doing. I understood it quickly and kept quiet.

I felt I was a security risk too because I didn’t speak his native Igbo language and he knew next to nothing about Edo language.

We drove for another ten minutes before he asked the cab driver to turn around and head south to Faro region. That was when I breathed a sigh of relief.

The truth was that I was still scared. Despite everything Solomon was doing for me, I still believed that it was possible for him to hand me back to Grace at the last minute. I was scared because he made money from the operation. I felt that if he wanted to just save me, he would have taken me away from Portugal entirely. But he didn’t, rather he decided to play hide and seek game with a dangerous Madam Grace who would order his death without looking back.

“Take a look at this,” Solomon said as he handed me a traveling Identity card. I grabbed it from him and smiled as I gaze foolishly at it. It wasn’t me quite alright but I was sure I could use it to get away. I wasn’t really sure how the immigration officials would treat me if they discovered that the card want mine but I was desperate to get away from Portugal, which was what really mattered to me.

We drove for another two hours before we got to a place called Vilamoura. I had listened to him and the driver talking about where a young newly married couple could spend their honeymoon. The driver, after congratulating us, told him that Vilamoura was the best place to do that.

That was how Solomon decided that we were going to Vilamoura.

It was already evening when we arrived at a large hotel and paid for a night.

Everything suddenly became better in my life as soon as we settled down in our hotel room. I had a feeling that it would take Madam Grace forever to locate us in Vilamoura. It wasn’t just a place, it was a villa. Anybody without good reason or who was not on a holiday was never expected to visit the Villa.

I was tired already and felt that the best thing for me then was to sleep. Perhaps it was all a dream but I was sure I would find out soon enough.

7 Likes

Re: Jennifer: Grass To Grace by Schwartz: 7:54am On Jul 14, 2016
ZUBY77:
Episode 3: The Initial Mistakes
e probably found one but he never made any serious move. There were some jobs Igbo boys did in Berlin, they helped people load items bound for Nigeria and they got paid all the time. Most of them also sold Marijuana in Hessenheide Park in the middle of Berlin. Police didn’t disturb them much because Marijuana wasn’t considered class A drug in Berlin. But Joshua couldn’t do any of those. He believed that a miracle would someday fall from Heaven to bless him. He whenever he returned. But I waited in vain for months until he eventually returned to Berlin.

Zubby Wow! Reading through this story its clear to me that you the writer must have lived or is living in Germany. This story is so so real and a true experience of what Nigerians face in Germany. About paying 80€ to and fro , just last week I paid 10€ from Berlin to Hamburg then 5€ from Hamburg to Bremen. I used flix bus. Its trains that cost very high.
When you tell Nigerians that abroad is not as rosy as they presume they never believe. They perceive you as an enemy. Especially for those without permit who are forced to claim asylum, its unimaginably tough for them. But our people they no dey hear word. Many Nigerians are serious and known drug traffickers here in Germany.
I will follow you please follow me back

1 Like

Re: Jennifer: Grass To Grace by Schwartz: 10:49am On Jul 14, 2016
ZUBY77:
Episode 13: The Day Started to Break

Lisbon Portugal 2005

“Welcome to Portugal sister. You look beautiful, the customers will like you,” Mary said.
Of course the customers will like me especially if I attend to them properly. As long as I give them what they pay for, I saw no reasons for them not to like me. Another reason why they would like me was if I give them the items at cheaper rates. A medium sized tuber of yam was sold at 10 Euros, which was about 1800 Naira then. If I sold the yam to a customers at 8 Euros, we still made some profits and I saw no reason why they won’t like me.

“Would you like to drink malt?” Madam Grace asked as she smiled at me.
“Yes Aunt Grace, thanks,” I responded.

Mary stood up from her chair and opened the fridge. A bottle of cold malt was opened for me and I started sipping it immediately. I was tired and thirsty and hungry and surprised at how everywhere was different from Nigeria. I used to think that all the good roads and houses I saw in foreign movies were film tricks until I found myself in Europe.

“I am going home now. You will go with Mary when she closes the store. Give me your Passport; I will keep it for you. You no longer need it now,” Madam Grace said.
I fumbled in my handbag and brought out my international passport, handed it over to her and thanked her for keeping it safe for me.

Dedicated to Chief MKO Abiola. “Those who died while defending their rights, died for defending the rights of others”
Just a thought...some of this African shops abroad could it be that some of the owners are into shady things? The other day there was a report of one owner in SA found with drugs in the foodstuffs worth about 1.4 billion naira. I know one in Germany too with funny idle characters hanging inside and around the premises, I strongly suspected them to be doing drugs, because one of the Naija guys loitering there was asking another guy there that O'boy you get coco shocked

1 Like

Re: Jennifer: Grass To Grace by Chicent(m): 11:04am On Jul 14, 2016
Have u decided?? Have u resolved to vote?? Check my siggy..... Make it count. ENDORSED!!!

BeWise......
Re: Jennifer: Grass To Grace by olatex25(m): 11:11am On Jul 14, 2016
weldone .. More ink 2 u pen
Re: Jennifer: Grass To Grace by Akposb(m): 4:14pm On Jul 14, 2016
Beautiful and crisp narrative. I am enjoying this.
Re: Jennifer: Grass To Grace by SamMilla1(m): 5:18am On Jul 15, 2016
The bots banned the Zuby77 handle.
Follow the stories on its original website until its resolved.
Re: Jennifer: Grass To Grace by janeso(f): 11:00am On Jul 16, 2016
Please you modes should unban zubby to continue his good work

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

CI / A Thorn In The Flesh / Chronicles Of Temy (my Life On Campus)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.