Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,174 members, 7,780,212 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 10:55 AM

Jennifer: Grass To Grace - Literature (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Jennifer: Grass To Grace (86392 Views)

Jane's dilemma(A short story about love and double-dating)by Onojeta Grace / Grace / Grass To Grace (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jennifer: Grass To Grace by GreatEngineer(m): 5:26pm On Aug 15, 2016
Following bumper to bumper.
Re: Jennifer: Grass To Grace by GreatEngineer(m): 7:01am On Aug 16, 2016
Following, ride on.
Re: Jennifer: Grass To Grace by jacksonPolloc(m): 7:19am On Aug 16, 2016
This types of pieces are written for the Gods.... Weldone Zuby

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jennifer: Grass To Grace by ZUBY77(m): 11:19am On Aug 16, 2016

Episode 42: Time to Face Reality

“You are going for asylum next week,” Solomon said while we ate that night.

He said he would teach me what to say when I got there.

I didn’t know much about asylum but from what he said already, it was extremely important that I went for it. He said everyone I saw at the Frank store took asylum already.

“That is the only way you can be able to move around without fear. Germany is a close guarded and monitored country, the cops are likely going to control you before one week,” he had said.

I wasn’t happy that I was going to be separated from him; I had thought that we were going to live together forever. But the truth was that he was right. I needed to be registered in the system. I needed to be free from fear of being controlled. I would miss him of course but like he said, it would be over before one or two months, then I would be with him again.

The following day, it was time to study the asylum procedures and stories. I had just finished making tea for us when he shouted from the bathroom, “Get ready, we are going to study about asylum now.”

I was excited about it. It was time to know who I was going to be in Germany.

Back in Portugal, he had given me hints about the names he would want me to bear. I recalled he said I was going to become Jennifer Ebot. He said Ebot was his surname in Germany and that I was going to claim his missing sister whom he had somehow included in his own story back in 2002 when he took asylum in Eisenhutenstadt Germany.

“Where am I going for the asylum?” I asked; he had just walked out of the bathroom.

“Here in Berlin, but I believe they will send you to another place outside Berlin. That’s how it works most of the time.”

“But can I return to Berlin even if they post me to another place?” I asked.

He nodded as he sipped his tea. “Like I told you back in Portugal, your name here in Germany is Jennifer Ebot. You will retain Jennifer so that you won’t have to struggle to maintain or remember too many lies. Your real day and month of birth will also remain the same; you will only change your year of birth to 1991. I want you to use 15 years as your age. That way, the authorities would have no option but to handle you as a juvenile. They will take care of you more and send you to school after camping. If you tell them you are above 15, you may have to be abandoned like they did many people”

I paid maximum attention as he gave details of every likely question I would face at the interview in asylum camp. By the time he was done, I became very familiar with the asylum system and story in Germany. I was very optimistic about my chances to succeed. Everything has been comprehensively narrated to me and I could replay them in my head as I gathered the tea cups and returned to wash them in the kitchen.

As I prepared to go to asylum camp, I began to see strange behaviours around the house. Solomon would answer a call and immediately tell me he was going out. I would ask where he was going in which I never really got satisfactory answers. On his way back, he would buy one gift or the other for me. I felt that something was going on. I didn’t know what he did back in Berlin before he came to Portugal but whatever it was, I was sure it was illegal.

The night before I left for asylum, he received a call from a man with Middle Eastern accent. We were on bed and since he had no excuse to take the call outside the bedroom, he picked the call right there beside me.

After the call, he said the name of the caller was Fadi and that he was from Beirut, wherever that was.

“What are you doing with the Arabs?” I had managed to ask.

I knew a few things about the Arabs, I have never had a friend from them but I heard many nasty things people said they did. I have heard rumours about how they bombed one place or the other and how they killed people here and there. I was shocked to realize that my boyfriend knew an Arabic man.

“He is a friend of mine. We used to live in the same place when I was new in Germany. He heard I was back in German and called to greet me,” Solomon said.

“But I heard they are dangerous.”

He rolled over and turned to me. “Everyone is dangerous in one way or another; even the tiger will never attack you if he knows you are a friend and not an enemy.”

“What do you mean?” I asked.

“You should be more concerned about your asylum stories for now.”

Solomon went on to tell me how things worked in asylum camp.

“You are most likely going to meet people from different parts of the world when you get to the asylum camp. There will be people from Arabic nations, Russians and Chinese. There will be people from all over black Africa as well. You can make friends with whomever you want, that’s how I became friends with Fadi.”

His explanation was good and there were no further questions. I needed to sleep on time because he said I would leave the apartment early the next morning.

According to our plan, I was to approach a nearby police station and declare that I want asylum. They will ask for my name and where I came from. Things would take care of itself from there. It seemed quite easy but I knew that things could also get out of hand quickly and the next thing would be to end up at the deportation camp instead of the asylum camp. I have heard that both facilities were usually close to each other.

I had a strange dream that night as I attempted to remember everything I was told to say to the police the next morning. I didn’t even know when sleep captured me. The next thing I remembered was to grab my phone and check the time. It was 5:10am; it was time to face the reality of life in Germany. The only consolation was that if I were to survive for long in Germany, the asylum was inevitable.

I got up from bed, brushed my teeth, washed my face and crawled into the one cloth I believed would last longer than others if I didn’t have the means to buy another one.

“Jenny, here is tea and bread,” Solomon said as he made his way from the kitchen.

It was the first time he was making any food for me or even for himself since we moved to the new apartment. I could see he was concerned I was leaving for camp but like he said in the past, if I had to live freely in Germany, I must go to the camp and have my fingerprints taken and stored in the Database of immigrants in the country, there was no way around it.

6 Likes

Re: Jennifer: Grass To Grace by Neenie(f): 3:33pm On Aug 16, 2016
I love everything about this story.....Kudos Zuby

1 Like

Re: Jennifer: Grass To Grace by ZUBY77(m): 3:41pm On Aug 16, 2016
Neenie:
I love everything about this story.....Kudos Zuby

Welcome to Global Runs

1 Like

Re: Jennifer: Grass To Grace by olatex25(m): 4:10pm On Aug 16, 2016
Nice story bro
Re: Jennifer: Grass To Grace by terpenoid(m): 8:03pm On Aug 16, 2016
following....nice storyline.
Re: Jennifer: Grass To Grace by Schwartz: 7:36am On Aug 17, 2016
Its funny how people see all blacks here and assume we all came on asylum. People at home don't know that, that brother, friend, in law etc living in Europe (especially Germany where I stay) are mostly living here by claiming asylum to be able to stay here.
Keep it coming Zubby...
Re: Jennifer: Grass To Grace by janeso(f): 10:45am On Aug 17, 2016
Am still in. The house ooo
Re: Jennifer: Grass To Grace by hemama(f): 6:20pm On Aug 17, 2016
Nice story, more ink to your pen
Re: Jennifer: Grass To Grace by janeso(f): 9:57pm On Aug 17, 2016
Zubby the house is missing you ooooooooo
Re: Jennifer: Grass To Grace by ZUBY77(m): 7:01pm On Aug 18, 2016
Episode 43: Asylum in Police Station

“Sit down,” The Policeman pointed to an empty chair.

It was still January and everywhere was snow-white and cold. People were just waking up for work. The trains and buses had just started running and the streets were still deserted.

I had just walked into a police station without any thing, not even a phone or money.

“Here,” The nice police officer stretched his hand to give me a cup of hot coffee; he could clearly see that I was freezing.

He ignored me and kept doing what he was doing before I walked in; until I finished my coffee and kept the plastic cup on the floor beside me.

“My colleague will attend to you in a minute,” He said as he looked up from the newspaper he was scanning with his eyes.

It didn’t take another minute before another police officer showed up. “Miss, Please follow me.” he said.

The tension and pressure built up in me from the past few days has started to retract. I was gaining confidence already even when I have not been asked anything. I had believed that somehow, the police would be aggressive towards me but they were actually the opposite. They made sure I warmed my body up with a steamy cup of coffee and that was what enemies didn’t offer anywhere.

I got up and followed officer 2 to a small office with a desktop computer and some papers.

Rather than starting with my name, the officer chose to start from the middle. It would have been difficult for me if I had crammed the asylum story but I knew every detail; therefore it didn’t matter how he chose to ask his questions.

“How did you come here?” he fired at me.

Danger alert

I didn’t understand if he wanted to know how I came to the police station or how I came to Germany. I was prepared for both questions but I needed to know what he meant exactly. According to Solomon, Germans paid attention to small details.

“I came with foot,” I said.

Miss clown

It was the first thing that came to mind. I had somehow chosen to answer the question about how I came to the police station. If he wanted me to tell him how I came to Germany, he would have to be more specific.

“You came with foot from where?” he asked.

“I don’t know. Someone picked me up from the train station yesterday and after sleeping with me, he sent me out of his place this morning,” I said.

He stared at me for a few seconds before he continued. “Do you know where this person lives?”

“I can’t locate his apartment anymore. Everywhere looks the same to me,” I responded.

I felt I needed to kill that line he was about to probe. There was nobody to look for and there was no need to take them on a goose chase. It wasn’t part of the plan and it could quickly derail and change everything if things went that way.

“What’s your name?” He asked.

Finally

He must have known that there was no need asking about a man who never existed in the first place.

“Jennifer,” I said.

I decided to keep the ‘Ebot’ to myself until he asked for it; after all it was my name and not his.

But then, he asked for it immediately.

“Jennifer what?” he asked.

“Jennifer Ebot,” I answered.

He asked me to spell Ebot and I did.

Solomon had told me not to play too dumb like many Africans did. His reason was that it would make things very difficult for me and the Germans and that at the end; I would be the one to suffer the consequences. His logic was already playing out before me because I knew that if I had told the police man that I didn’t know how to spell Ebot, we would have been running in circles until something would be done about it.

“What is your date of birth?”

“October 10, 1991,” I said.

He looked up at my face before he wrote down what I said. I believed he wanted to check if the age tallied with my face. Not that he would be precisely sure of what he wanted to find out but it was required of him to do what he did.

After few more questions, he asked me to follow him.

At the back of the administrative offices, there were some empty rooms with small beds and lockers. I was asked to stay in one of them until someone comes for me.

I sat on the bed and thought about how I performed already. It was very important for me to remember everything I told the Police because that has become my identity in Germany whether I wanted or not. The only time I could change anything anymore would be when I was due for resident permit.

By the time anybody said anything to me again, it was already past 12 noon. A plate of rice and source was brought to me. They also came with orange juice and bread.

“Miss Jennifer, I am afraid you will stay with us here today. We will process you and send you to the appropriate authorities tomorrow,” The female cop who brought the foods for me had said before she left.

I had no problems staying with them, the room where I was kept was very good and it has gas heater that kept it warm at all times. My only problem was that I was not with a phone. I couldn’t contact Solomon to tell him what was going on. Not that he needed to know what was going on or that I was supposed to tell him but the truth was that I was missing him already. It was going to be a very long night and as I sat there, I wished I had chosen to visit the Police Station in the night, that way; I wouldn’t have to spend all day sitting idly in a small room without any form of electronics.

I slept and was woken up in the evening, another set of food had arrived and I was required to eat. One good thing I observed so far was that they didn’t play with food.

After the dinner, I stayed awake until past 11pm when I surrendered to sleep once more. According to the female police officer, I was going to be taken somewhere else in the morning. I needed to have good sleep since I didn’t know where I was going next day.

Things were apparently working according to plan because Solomon told me I would be taken to the camp by the police themselves.

Before I could wrap my mind around what was happening to me, a knock came on the door, followed by the immediate opening of the door by a police woman; a different one.

“Please come with me,” she said.

Since I slept with my clothes on, I simply got off the bed and followed her to the washroom where I cleaned myself up before I was given juice and bread and was told to follow two other people to a bus packed in front of the station.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jennifer: Grass To Grace by abdulbnyusuf(m): 8:46pm On Aug 18, 2016
ZUBY77:

Episode 43: Asylum in Police Station

“Sit down,” The Policeman pointed to an empty chair.

It was still January and everywhere was snow-white and cold. People were just waking up for work. The trains and buses had just started running and the streets were still deserted.

I had just walked into a police station without any thing, not even a phone or money.

“Here,” The nice police officer stretched his hand to give me a cup of hot coffee; he could clearly see that I was freezing.

He ignored me and kept doing what he was doing before I walked in; until I finished my coffee and kept the plastic cup on the floor beside me.

“My colleague will attend to you in a minute,” He said as he looked up from the newspaper he was scanning with his eyes.

It didn’t take another minute before another police officer showed up. “Miss, Please follow me.” he said.

The tension and pressure built up in me from the past few days has started to retract. I was gaining confidence already even when I have not been asked anything. I had believed that somehow, the police would be aggressive towards me but they were actually the opposite. They made sure I warmed my body up with a steamy cup of coffee and that was what enemies didn’t offer anywhere.

I got up and followed officer 2 to a small office with a desktop computer and some papers.

Rather than starting with my name, the officer chose to start from the middle. It would have been difficult for me if I had crammed the asylum story but I knew every detail; therefore it didn’t matter how he chose to ask his questions.

“How did you come here?” he fired at me.

Danger alert

I didn’t understand if he wanted to know how I came to the police station or how I came to Germany. I was prepared for both questions but I needed to know what he meant exactly. According to Solomon, Germans paid attention to small details.

“I came with foot,” I said.

Miss clown

It was the first thing that came to mind. I had somehow chosen to answer the question about how I came to the police station. If he wanted me to tell him how I came to Germany, he would have to be more specific.

“You came with foot from where?” he asked.

“I don’t know. Someone picked me up from the train station yesterday and after sleeping with me, he sent me out of his place this morning,” I said.

He stared at me for a few seconds before he continued. “Do you know where this person lives?”

“I can’t locate his apartment anymore. Everywhere looks the same to me,” I responded.

I felt I needed to kill that line he was about to probe. There was nobody to look for and there was no need to take them on a goose chase. It wasn’t part of the plan and it could quickly derail and change everything if things went that way.

“What’s your name?” He asked.

Finally

He must have known that there was no need asking about a man who never existed in the first place.

“Jennifer,” I said.

I decided to keep the ‘Ebot’ to myself until he asked for it; after all it was my name and not his.

But then, he asked for it immediately.

“Jennifer what?” he asked.

“Jennifer Ebot,” I answered.

He asked me to spell Ebot and I did.

Solomon had told me not to play too dumb like many Africans did. His reason was that it would make things very difficult for me and the Germans and that at the end; I would be the one to suffer the consequences. His logic was already playing out before me because I knew that if I had told the police man that I didn’t know how to spell Ebot, we would have been running in circles until something would be done about it.

“What is your date of birth?”

“October 10, 1991,” I said.

He looked up at my face before he wrote down what I said. I believed he wanted to check if the age tallied with my face. Not that he would be precisely sure of what he wanted to find out but it was required of him to do what he did.

After few more questions, he asked me to follow him.

At the back of the administrative offices, there were some empty rooms with small beds and lockers. I was asked to stay in one of them until someone comes for me.

I sat on the bed and thought about how I performed already. It was very important for me to remember everything I told the Police because that has become my identity in Germany whether I wanted or not. The only time I could change anything anymore would be when I was due for resident permit.

By the time anybody said anything to me again, it was already past 12 noon. A plate of rice and source was brought to me. They also came with orange juice and bread.

“Miss Jennifer, I am afraid you will stay with us here today. We will process you and send you to the appropriate authorities tomorrow,” The female cop who brought the foods for me had said before she left.

I had no problems staying with them, the room where I was kept was very good and it has gas heater that kept it warm at all times. My only problem was that I was not with a phone. I couldn’t contact Solomon to tell him what was going on. Not that he needed to know what was going on or that I was supposed to tell him but the truth was that I was missing him already. It was going to be a very long night and as I sat there, I wished I had chosen to visit the Police Station in the night, that way; I wouldn’t have to spend all day sitting idly in a small room without any form of electronics.

I slept and was woken up in the evening, another set of food had arrived and I was required to eat. One good thing I observed so far was that they didn’t play with food.

After the dinner, I stayed awake until past 11pm when I surrendered to sleep once more. According to the female police officer, I was going to be taken somewhere else in the morning. I needed to have good sleep since I didn’t know where I was going next day.

Things were apparently working according to plan because Solomon told me I would be taken to the camp by the police themselves.

Before I could wrap my mind around what was happening to me, a knock came on the door, followed by the immediate opening of the door by a police woman; a different one.

“Please come with me,” she said.

Since I slept with my clothes on, I simply got off the bed and followed her to the washroom where I cleaned myself up before I was given juice and bread and was told to follow two other people to a bus packed in front of the station.

Well job Zuby, it is true that there is video JENNIFER?
Re: Jennifer: Grass To Grace by Nmaglit: 3:09pm On Aug 19, 2016
Zuby well done

Longest time
Re: Jennifer: Grass To Grace by Warfibabe(f): 9:11pm On Aug 19, 2016
Wow! Nice read. Followed your Global runs thread, now we are here!.

More plsssss!!!
Re: Jennifer: Grass To Grace by Aliyullahi(m): 1:23pm On Aug 20, 2016
Keep it coming like Boko bomb. Thumbs up Bro, you are da Boss
Re: Jennifer: Grass To Grace by Aliyullahi(m): 1:25pm On Aug 20, 2016
Keep it coming like the ocean wave. Thumbs up Bro, you are da Boss
Re: Jennifer: Grass To Grace by olatex25(m): 7:09am On Aug 21, 2016
Hmm.. Germany on my mind rite now..
Re: Jennifer: Grass To Grace by amieruby(f): 4:38pm On Aug 21, 2016
pls update ur story plsssssssssd
Re: Jennifer: Grass To Grace by x5jakuzzy(m): 8:02pm On Aug 21, 2016
pls this tin is taken too long bro.....update this in time
Re: Jennifer: Grass To Grace by igbalodehunter(m): 7:44am On Aug 23, 2016
Finally i catch up.
Re: Jennifer: Grass To Grace by ZUBY77(m): 3:15am On Aug 24, 2016
Episode 44: The Dangers of Distant Relationship

It took us five hours to get to Bremen, which was the city I was going to take my asylum properly. The more hours we spent on the road on our way to the camp, the more scared I became. I was drifting far away from Solomon and Berlin and I didn’t know when I would see them again. I was hoping to be taken to a nearby town where I would be able to sneak into Berlin every now and then. I needed to stay close to my boyfriend, I wanted to make sure another girl didn’t take him from me and I needed to also get pregnant for him as fast as I could. I already knew that I wanted him and since there was no clear work to be doing in Germany after the asylum, I needed to do whatever it takes to keep Solomon for myself. He had money and I knew it. But the German authorities were killing that dream as they drove three of us through different cities and fields before arriving in Bremen.

I wasn’t asked any question immediately; I was simply taken to a room where there was a bed and its components. An hour later, an identity card was brought to me; it has my names on it.

I was told to report to an office by 3pm the same day.

Bremen itself was a big city. Everywhere looked the same like Berlin or maybe so I thought but it was a big city like Berlin. If the city was going to be my new home, I won’t regret it much. I would find a way to persuade Solomon to relocate to Bremen. I already knew he would object to it but I would try. I would tell him that we needed a different city since too many people knew him in Berlin. I also knew that what I was thinking was just a dream because Solomon returned to Berlin for a reason. I was sure I was not part of the reason he returned, I just happened to be in the middle of things at the right time.

On our way to the camp, I saw some black people making phone calls through a public phone booth. It was a relief to know that I could call Solomon after all; however the problem was that I had no money with me.

I was told not to go with money. Solomon said I could be searched and that it could jeopardize my chances of success if money was found on me.

A few minutes to 3pm, I left my room and went to the office where I was told to come. I was taken to the machine room and the prints from my entire ten fingers were taken. I repeated my names and other data to an asylum official who wrote everything down and said I would be required to visit room 11 to receive some money. She gave me a piece of paper to give to them when I got there.

At room 11, I was given 7 Euros. It wasn’t much but it was enough it place a call to Berlin. I needed to tell Solomon what was happening. I knew he would be disappointed when he realized that I was taken far away from Berlin. I had a feeling that he wanted me close to him.

Ten minutes later, I was out of the camp. I found the phone booth and asked someone how to make use of it. I was told to put some money inside the machine box and dial whatever number I wished to call. That was what I did and waited until Solomon answered from the other side of the phone in Berlin.

“Baby, it’s me,” I said.

“Good to hear from you Jenny. Could you call me back in an hour, I am bu….”

I interrupted him. “No, wait baby; I am calling from a public booth. I am not sure I will have the money to call again. I miss you and I am in Bremen. That’s where they took me this morning.”

“Bremen is a good city. Just hang in there, everything will be over in a few weeks, then we can be together again,” he said.

He went on to tell me that it wouldn’t matter where I would be finally posted because I would return to Berlin after everything. I was very happy to hear his encouraging words but before I could say more, the credit finished and the phone died.

“Hi, are you new here?” The voice said behind me as I turned to leave the phone booth.

“Yes, I am.”

“Welcome. You are beautiful. My name is Emmanuel I am from East Africa. I.. “

“I am not interested.” I said and started walking away.

What a bad timing from the Emmanuel boy.

I had just got off the phone with the love of my life and there he was, about to tell me how much he admired me and all that.

“But you don’t even know what I want to tell you,” He said behind me.

He wasn’t there to make calls; he was there to stalk me.

“I said I am not interested. It means I don’t want to buy whatever it is you want to sell to me. How is that difficult to understand?” I turned to him and said.

I didn’t wait to hear the next thing he wanted to say as I walked away and returned to the camp. There was no doubt that men were going to disturb me a lot in the camp. Solomon already told me about how things worked in the camps. It didn’t really matter because I already made up my mind that I would not allow any of them to get near me. I was going to remain single in the camp until I return to Berlin and to Solomon where I belonged. I couldn’t even imagine dating someone else. I knew Solomon was never going to find out unless I told him. I was sure he didn’t know anyone else in the camp who would spy on me. The coast was pretty clear for me to do one or two secret stuff with men but I wasn’t going to do that. It would be a shame if I pay Solomon back that way after everything he did for me. He could commit suicide if he ever found out. He once told me that he would rather die than see another man touch me. I didn’t know if he really meant what he said but I felt it was better not to find out. No one would do what he did for me if love was not involved. The only thing I could do was to pray that I didn’t fall into temptations in the camp because the way I saw things, more men were likely going to show up eventually, especially the Igbo boys I saw a few hours ago. Those ones were even the most dangerous for me because I didn’t know where they could end up after the camp. One or two of them could end up in Berlin where they would someday meet Solomon and I and then the bad story could begin from there.

But like I was told, it was just a matter of a month or two and everything would be over. I was sure I could keep myself for that long. zex was not a new thing for me and if I could walk out of prostitution, I could also avoid zex for two months or more, or so I thought.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jennifer: Grass To Grace by olatex25(m): 9:17am On Aug 24, 2016
Hmm.. Weldone bro
Re: Jennifer: Grass To Grace by RSAV: 7:14pm On Aug 24, 2016
Nice one.
Re: Jennifer: Grass To Grace by x5jakuzzy(m): 12:35pm On Sep 04, 2016
hey bro ..why u ain't update this again ??.....pls I want u to do in time ....thanks
Re: Jennifer: Grass To Grace by ZUBY77(m): 7:09pm On Sep 04, 2016
x5jakuzzy:
hey bro ..why u ain't update this again ??.....pls I want u to do in time ....thanks

Little busy. Will start again.
Re: Jennifer: Grass To Grace by ZUBY77(m): 7:27pm On Sep 04, 2016
Episode 45: The Advent of my Mistakes

Day one in Bremen crawled away and spilled into day two. The food wasn’t the same as what I ate at the apartment in Berlin but it was good and balanced. Everyone was expected at the dining hall by 7am, 12noon and 6pm every day.

People would file in a line to receive food and then return to their seats to eat. One could go twice or more until he or she was satisfied. Everything was organized in a way that one wonders why Africa found it difficult to do things that way.

New people arrived in the camp every two or three days. Out of about 100 people in our camp at that time, Igbo boys were 30 of them. The rest of the world shared the rest. It was amazing how they were coordinated and worked in the camp. It wasn’t difficult to spot them under one tree playing football or arguing about one Chelsea or Barcelona or Manchester or Arsenal; their voices were usually loud. They would call me to come each time I walked past them. I never did. They said I was feeling too big and important. They accused me of being one Benin Prostitute but since I didn’t want to engage in useless talks with them, I just ignored them. That was the difference between the Igbo boys and the East African boys.

While Igbo boys called me one name or the other because I refused to go to them, the East Africans never did that. Despite the cold shoulders I extended to them, they never said anything bad about me. As a result, I decided to start talking with one of them, Emmanuel, the first one that approached me at the phone booth.

He was tall and handsome and looked every bit a gentleman. He said he was 22, and that he came to Germany a month earlier.

We would sit under one tree and talk about us until we got tired. He said he liked me so much and that he would love to live with me when the camp was over. I didn’t tell him anything about Solomon; I felt I was also falling in love with Emmanuel.

He would ask me to follow him to the mall where he would buy ice cream for me. He would then offer to feed me which I always rejected. Not that I didn’t want it but I was scared I was drifting away from the scary but good tiger I left in Berlin. Each day that passed, I would lie on my bed and thought about what Solomon would do if he ever found out I was falling for Emmanuel. I would think about how Solomon would feel about the whole thing. The distance between us was getting to me. I was drifting away slowly and unfortunately Emmanuel was there. It would have been better if he wasn’t there, I would have found a way to deal with the distance between Berlin and Bremen but unfortunately, he was right there at the camp with me.

Some of the love I had for Solomon started tilting towards Emmanuel. I would follow him to the woods where we kissed. I never allowed him to sleep with me; I felt that was the ultimate sin to commit against Solomon. I would lie to myself that kisses were not really an issue. I would console myself with the fact that I haven’t slept with Emmanuel. My body was yearning to sleep with him, he had begged for it, he did everything he could to make me remove my clothes for him but he failed. He failed because I knew that it was just a matter of few weeks before we go our separate ways. Solomon was already there for me, I wasn’t going to risk living with Emmanuel whom I believed didn’t even know what he would be doing as job after the camp. He was very foolish to suggest that I live with him after camp but I wasn’t ready to tell him anything.

Emmanuel and I became very popular in camp. People talked about us all the time and it scared me to the bone. I felt that it was only a matter of time before Solomon found out. Emmanuel did every he could to get me into his room and the day I finally decided to visit him, the dinner bell rang before we could steal kisses. I promised him that I would come another day. I asked him to have patience with me and he did.

Some days, I would call Solomon from the phone booth. I would ask him to pay me a visit but not to come into the camp. I told him he would stay in a hotel inside town and tell me to find him there. He would agree to come and then he would cancel. He said he was busy with business in Berlin but never told me what business it was. His isolation method pushed me into going for Emmanuel.

I considered everything that was happening. I blamed Solomon for not caring for me enough. I told him he didn’t love me and that I hated him for not coming to see me. But somehow, I knew that all the accusations were excuses I was creating to justify the imminent zex that would happen between me and Emmanuel.

Finally Solomon agreed to come to Bremen. He said he didn’t know the day he would come but that it would be before one week.

For one week, I waited for Solomon, he never showed up. During that waiting week, I isolated myself from Emmanuel. I gave him excuses that I needed time for myself. He understood what I wanted him to understand and he gave me a little space to operate until the one week was over.

To punish Solomon for his failure to come to Bremen, I decided to sleep with Emmanuel.

The inter-nations sports events were coming up the following two days in the camp. It was a Saturday and we were going to the field outside the camp to witness different sports from different countries.

The day arrived faster than I wished. Before it was noon, everybody was in the field already. Nigeria was playing Cameroun in a football match. Emmanuel and I were watching from the sidelines when he tapped me on the shoulder and asked me to follow him.

“Let’s go to the woods and look around, the football match is boring,” he said.

I agreed the match was boring and followed him to the woods. We walked hand in hand until we stopped at an abandoned small Cabin. The kisses commenced immediately. The handling of my breasts followed.

It didn’t take us much longer before my jacket went off my body. Since the weather was still cold, I didn’t remove my blouse; Emmanuel just pushed it up and exposed my breasts. My right hand was all over his huge manhood. I was finally going to feel that manhood. The kisses were sending fire all over my body.

“Baby I love you,” Emmanuel said over and over again and as he was about to unzip my Jean trouser, we heard a crack behind us. Someone had just stepped on a dry wood and it made a cracking noise.

We turned around at the same time and there he was, Solomon Ebot, The Ozoigbondu 1 of Berlin.

He was standing there, three meters away from us, with a Rose flower in his hand and tears in his eyes.

“I can see you are having a nice time,” he said, threw the flower on our feet and turned around.

2 Likes

Re: Jennifer: Grass To Grace by olatex25(m): 8:48pm On Sep 04, 2016
Ladies can't be trusted, they are fucking full of cheat...
Re: Jennifer: Grass To Grace by RSAV: 11:22pm On Sep 04, 2016
Mennnn..... Why, Jenifer, Why?
Re: Jennifer: Grass To Grace by x5jakuzzy(m): 10:21pm On Sep 05, 2016
Bleep.....but I think naa Solomon Bleep up big time....don't u know sey kongi naa bastard and body no be fire wood......
Re: Jennifer: Grass To Grace by ZUBY77(m): 5:57am On Sep 06, 2016
Episode 46: It Was My Fault

“Are you stupid? How dare you disturb people’s privacy?” Emmanuel shouted.

Attaboy, the brave East African warrior to the rescue..

Only if he knew the type of problem I was.

Solomon had turned his back on us and was walking away. Emmanuel was still holding one of my breasts and I was struggling to pull my blouse down to cover myself. I didn’t know what I was exactly doing. I couldn’t cry or shout. I couldn’t even talk to Solomon to stop. I was just no longer there. My life just crashed before my eyes. It would have been easier if someone told Solomon that I was dating a guy at the camp. I would have been able to deny it. But he caught me red handed.

He said he would come to Bremen; he didn’t come when he said he would, only to show up at the most wrong time of my entire life.

“Why are you crying? It’s not a big deal for someone to see you naked,” The east African idiot standing before me said.

He didn’t know what I was going through. He didn’t know I was no longer with him. I was far gone. I didn’t even know I was crying. It was over for me. I knew Solomon was a good man but I didn’t know how he would be able to forget such experience. It would hurt and haunt him forever. It just became obvious to me that we were no longer ever going to get married.

The only glimmer of hope in the entire incident was that he picked me up as a Prostitute. If he could love me after finding out I was a prostitute, he could also change his mind and return to me.

The Rose flower Solomon brought for me was there on the ground. I thought I could see it changing from red to black. I walked slowly down to where it was and picked it up. There was a white paper wedged on it. I opened it and read the content.

“I am very sorry Jenny. I couldn’t make it last week as I promised. I was really busy trying to put things in order. I promise I won’t do that again. I love you.”

I was crying while I read the note. Emmanuel was saying something behind me but I didn’t know what he was saying. It suddenly occurred to me that I could still stop Solomon and see if he could listen to me. I doubted it but I had to try. As a result, I chased after him. By the time I was out of the woods to the road, he had stopped a cab and was entering. I waved frantically at the Taxi to stop but it moved away. I stood in one place and cried. I was sure he saw me standing there but he told the cab driver to drive away anyway.

Where else could he go if not the train station? I was sure he was heading back to Berlin. I figured I still have a chance to see him if I followed him to the station.

I waited for another taxi and when it stopped, I jumped inside and told him to take me to the Bremen Central station.

Five minutes later, I arrived at the station and walked to Gleis/platform 6 where the train to Berlin loaded, Solomon was there as expected. He was sitting alone in an isolated metal chair. There were no more tears in his eyes but one could see that he was crying and dying inside.

I walked to two meters of him and stopped. I didn’t know where to start. Sorry was the last thing he wanted to hear and I knew it. Sorry was too weak to start with after what he saw.

I decided to say something anyway because I knew that the moment the train arrived, he would jump inside and that would be the end of us.

“I know this may be the end of us and everything but I want to say something. I have no excuse for what happened. This guy has been disturbing me since I came here. Today is the first time we were going to do it and you found me. I think something didn’t want me to do anything with him. I know you don’t believe me but I want you to know this; I love you and will love you until I die,” I said as the white ICE (Inter City Express) Train blew its horn from afar.

The train was coming; there was not enough time to plead. I simply knelt down in front of him and cried. Passengers were staring at us. Solomon didn’t care; he covered his eyes with dark sunshades and pretended not to hear what I was saying.

He just allowed me to talk until the train stopped , then he stood up, walked to the train door with his small bag, turned around and looked at me, removed his sunshades and exposed the tears in his eyes. He was crying too; my boyfriend was crying, it was because of me. I knew him to be a very strong person, whatever that brought tears out of his eyes must have been too deep for him to bear.

I watched as Solomon walked to a seat near the window and sat there. The glass windows were transparent; therefore I walked near his window and stood there crying. I didn’t care about the people staring at me. Nothing mattered to me anymore. I couldn’t think of anything else. I was about to be abandoned in Bremen and it was my fault. No amount of prayers I would say against Solomon would affect him; he caught me in the act. I was at fault and he was the victim.

As the fast ICE Train started to drift away, he looked me in the eyes before he turned away. It was over between us and that was what the look was for.

“It’s okay Jennifer. Forget about that irresponsible boy. He can’t just stumble on peop…” Emmanuel was saying.

I didn’t even know he came to the Train Station too. My whole concentration was on Solomon.

“Don’t ever call him irresponsible again, you don’t know him,” I said and started walking away, hoping that somehow; the wind would carry what I just said to Solomon’s ears. But unfortunately, I knew it was just a long wish.

Emmanuel must have known that I was mad over what happened because he kept his distance until we came out of the vast Bremen Train Station.

“I am sorry, I didn’t know he is your boyfriend,” Emmanuel said.

He had managed to crawl beside me at the bus stop where I was waiting for the bus back to the camp.

“He was not just my boyfriend; he was my husband and my everything. Our relationship ended 45 minutes ago in those woods.”

“What, but you didn’t tell me you are married,” Emmanuel said.

I kept quiet.

I didn’t want to go down that discussion lane. I made my point already and I wanted him to also begin to feel the impact of what he just got me into.

The worst part of the situation was that I didn’t sleep with Emmanuel. Unfortunately no one would believe me, especially Solomon. To him, what he saw was enough to make his decision.

I was going to be abandoned and I didn’t need anyone to tell me I was going to suffer as a result of what I did. I already lost Solomon and only divine miracle would bring us back together.

I was the cause of everything; it was my fault.

For You Mrs. Cordelia Akpaka. No one could ask for a better mother.

3 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Chronicles Of Temy (my Life On Campus) / A Thorn In The Flesh / Nairalanders, How Many Of You Remember These Timeless African Classics?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.