Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,370 members, 7,781,017 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 07:32 AM

Ajaero’s NLC Faction Backs Out Of Strike - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ajaero’s NLC Faction Backs Out Of Strike (37607 Views)

FCT Residents To Pay For Infrastructure As Govt Backs Out – Minister / Nnamdi Kanu Backs Out Of South-East Governors’ Peace Parley / Grazing Bill: Anambra Assembly Backs Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ajaero’s NLC Faction Backs Out Of Strike by iflywithbuhari(f): 7:19pm On May 17, 2016
FACTIONAL President of the Nigeria Labour Congress, NLC, Comrade Joe Ajaero, has said his faction will not take part in the planned strike called by the Congress to protest the fuel price hike.

Ajaero told journalists in Abuja that his faction cannot be part of the action because it was called at a wrong time and with wrong motives.

Ajaero
He also accused the Ayuba Wabba faction of asking the government to write off the N2 billion loan the group collected in 2012 to buy buses.

However, the Wabba faction on Tuesday, insisted that the Congress and the Trade Union Congress,TUC have resolved to proceed and mobilise workers to begin an indefinite strike tomorrow over fuel hike.

The workers’ action, according to Vanguard source, is to take effect from 12 midnight today.

This was the resolution of the union at its National Executive Council,NEC meeting, held today,at the NLC headquarters in Abuja.

Ajaero said: “When you are asking that the loan given to you in 2012, which had not been paid back should be written off, we believe that the action has already been sold out before it takes off.

“So, we will wait for our group to meet. But definitely, it appears that by ideology and every other thing. We can no longer meet. We thought we should have managed this in the interest of Nigerians but from the look of things, if appear we have to go our different ways.

“We have condemned the increase and called for negotiation and reversal. It was on the basis of our calls that this meeting was summoned for us to meet and find the way forward.”

While insisting that his group will not participate in the strike, Ajaero said, “If we wanted to be serious about an action, you can’t call for an action on Wednesday. It is only an action that is sold out that is called for Wednesday so that by Friday, you say you have strike lethargy and call it off.”

www.vanguardngr.com/2016/05/fuel-price-hike-ajaeros-nlc-faction-backs-out-of-strike/

5 Likes

Re: Ajaero’s NLC Faction Backs Out Of Strike by ORACLE1975(m): 7:21pm On May 17, 2016
END TIME STRIKE

1 Like

Re: Ajaero’s NLC Faction Backs Out Of Strike by afroniger: 7:21pm On May 17, 2016
Chai! Epic fail. NLC no fit speak with one voice. The planned strike don already fail.

6 Likes

Re: Ajaero’s NLC Faction Backs Out Of Strike by Firefire(m): 7:22pm On May 17, 2016
Fraudulent faction. grin

Btw no need of going on strike, we are in CHANJI and the suffering is real.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ajaero’s NLC Faction Backs Out Of Strike by DropShot: 7:25pm On May 17, 2016
grin
The strike has died before its birth.

Sorry NLC and mourning mourners. Nothing for una.

The govt has asked you empty brains to come up with alternative to this deregulation instead of using the same line of "GEJ was not allowed to remove subsidy" but none of you has come up with anything reasonable. We're in different time and different situation economically from 2012.

If NLC leadership had any functioning brain, it'd be fighting for increments in workers salaries and not this lost cause. Besides, where was NLC when half of the states were owing five, six, and eight months salaries to their workers?

Useless set of toothless dogs. Una don jam person wey pass una.

93 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Ajaero’s NLC Faction Backs Out Of Strike by Omotayor123(f): 7:25pm On May 17, 2016
See them... Make I laugh small Abeg grin grin grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ajaero’s NLC Faction Backs Out Of Strike by Burger01(m): 7:32pm On May 17, 2016
Na wa oh.. NLC self?

Before before, if NLC under Oshiomole cough once, government go shake sad

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ajaero’s NLC Faction Backs Out Of Strike by demydea: 7:39pm On May 17, 2016
Lalasticlala ooooooooo

Say no to subsidy.

Nigeria must move forward by fire by force oya front page.

NLC are corrupt & don't have the moral say of telling use to go on strike

They are part of subsidy thiefs.

5 Likes

Re: Ajaero’s NLC Faction Backs Out Of Strike by Nobody: 7:40pm On May 17, 2016
Balance needed, I sight you ....

Meanwhile, NLC is corrupt, just imagine

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Ajaero’s NLC Faction Backs Out Of Strike by dunkem21(m): 7:43pm On May 17, 2016
Who takes a factional president serious? grin

Anyway, tomorrow no far again cool

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ajaero’s NLC Faction Backs Out Of Strike by lilprinze: 7:45pm On May 17, 2016
the strike is dead on arrival

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ajaero’s NLC Faction Backs Out Of Strike by cutebobo(m): 7:49pm On May 17, 2016
Oh Nigeria! Oh Nigeria!! Oh Nigeria.

When David Cameron said 'Nigeria is fantastically corrupt, some 'wailers' were shouting.

Hope you can now see.

I feel liking running to America.

5 Likes

Re: Ajaero’s NLC Faction Backs Out Of Strike by Nobody: 7:50pm On May 17, 2016
Useless faction.

They have been compromised. The action must go through. It's N86.5 or nothing.

I'm disappointed in Lagos. So all the protest then was because we were in the opposition. Anyway, It's official.

APC has no clue on what governance is.
PDP has no opposition effect and worse at it
The role should be reversed back come 2019 for the good of the country.

Lest I forget, Thunder fire Buhari and his advicers. I used to think voting GEJ was the worse electoral mistake i've ever made but with my vote for Buhari, I have had a rethink.

43 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ajaero’s NLC Faction Backs Out Of Strike by NOETHNICITY(m): 7:50pm On May 17, 2016
Strike or not, I am going tto the offc tomoro! NLC looking for supporters to use as bargaining chip for a FAT bribe! Unfortunately Buhari will never bribe u, ask National assembly in respect of the budget debacle!

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ajaero’s NLC Faction Backs Out Of Strike by ddippset(m): 7:51pm On May 17, 2016
Nigeria needs a president with steel in his balls.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ajaero’s NLC Faction Backs Out Of Strike by harlan1206(m): 7:51pm On May 17, 2016
Hmmmmm............
Re: Ajaero’s NLC Faction Backs Out Of Strike by YoursGEJ(m): 7:51pm On May 17, 2016
All these words like faction, billions of naira, fraud, etc....NLC is beginning to look like a political party

NLC response

on corruption -----------. No strike
On Dasukigate------------ No protest
On chibok gals------------No protest
on NASS salary -----------. No strike
on NASS cars --------------No strike
on secret N120b NASS budget --------------No strike
on marketers hoarding fuel----Blind & Dumb
on IDP--------------------------No effort
on Ghost workers-------------Blind & Dumb
on states owing workers salary-----No strike
on workers welfare-----------No effort
on retirees owed pension-----------No effort
on pipelines bombing ----------Blind & Dumb

[img]http://i./EZYQjm1uPrXGg.gif[/img]

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ajaero’s NLC Faction Backs Out Of Strike by hazyfm: 7:51pm On May 17, 2016
shocked shocked

NLC Fantastically Corrupt

2 Likes

Re: Ajaero’s NLC Faction Backs Out Of Strike by sundilazo(m): 7:51pm On May 17, 2016
Confused NLC....PMB carry go...I dey feel u
Re: Ajaero’s NLC Faction Backs Out Of Strike by Nobody: 7:51pm On May 17, 2016
This na Buhari's Government 1st Litmus test. Personally, I do NOT the strike taking place and if it happens, it's gonna be skeletal tongue tongue
Re: Ajaero’s NLC Faction Backs Out Of Strike by ronald4lif(m): 7:52pm On May 17, 2016
Does it matter to any Nigerian that the removal of the fuel subsidy could be the right thing to do. It's long overdue and frankly, it's an outdated tool for impoverishing the poor (decided by the privileged on their behalf, naturally).

Proponents of fuel subsidy want you believe that when you buy a litre of fuel for less than the market price, the public treasury pays the rest (the one and possibly only thing our government do for us). And rightly so too.
However, they may not tell you that you're eventually paying the rests. Like it or not that cost is transferred to the customer. Because? Economics and reality.

Let me guess, in a fantastically corrupt country like Nigeria, the suppliers and marketers will claim 5 litres for every 1 litre sold, and get reimbursed by the treasury. That's billions of dollars lost annually. Monies that will be helpful in societal development and job creation amongst others, all going to the pockets of the oil cabals.

Now, every time you purchase subsidised fuel, you're basically enriching thieves and depriving yourself of getting that new job that would've been created and that could've been a new source of income to you. But you prefer accusing others of corruption while you encourage the practice.

However, my only concern is that the government must review wages of it staff to dovetails with the new petroleum price and forex fall.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ajaero’s NLC Faction Backs Out Of Strike by hucienda: 7:53pm On May 17, 2016
lol.. confusion extraordinaire! cheesy
Re: Ajaero’s NLC Faction Backs Out Of Strike by robinsoncrosoe: 7:53pm On May 17, 2016
Have u guys noticed antyhing......anytime APC wants to destroy something or someone,they jst come to the media and say that person or organization stole billions of naira without evidence...APC party of propaganda

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ajaero’s NLC Faction Backs Out Of Strike by hedonistic: 7:53pm On May 17, 2016
Divide and rule.
Re: Ajaero’s NLC Faction Backs Out Of Strike by biztexx: 7:54pm On May 17, 2016
lolz nlc
Re: Ajaero’s NLC Faction Backs Out Of Strike by hazyfm: 7:54pm On May 17, 2016
DropShot:
grin
The strike has died before its birth.

Sorry NLC and mourning mourners. Nothing for una.

The govt has asked you empty brains to come up with alternative to this deregulation instead of using the same line of "GEJ was not allowed to remove subsidy" but none of you has come up with anything reasonable. We're in different time and different situation economically from 2012.

If NLC leadership had any functioning brain, it'd be fighting for increments in workers salaries and not this lost cause. Besides, where was NLC when half of the states were owing five, six, and eight months salaries to their workers?

Useless set of toothless dogs. Una don jam person wey pass una.

Some states have not been able to pay January salary, how do you expect a state like Ekiti, Imo, etc to increase minimum wage?

Increasing minimum wage will only benefit the civil service workers, what about those in the private sector? market men and women?

5 Likes

Re: Ajaero’s NLC Faction Backs Out Of Strike by Opharhe: 7:54pm On May 17, 2016
They will always look for a way to smuggle the word 'corruption' or 'fraud' inside.... Buhari bhet why?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ajaero’s NLC Faction Backs Out Of Strike by emtebe(m): 7:55pm On May 17, 2016
Please will this affect private schools as well, i mean all private sector.
Re: Ajaero’s NLC Faction Backs Out Of Strike by wordychap: 7:55pm On May 17, 2016
Go and sit down , zombie!
We are on strike n its indefinite!!!!!!!!!

3 Likes

Re: Ajaero’s NLC Faction Backs Out Of Strike by chuksbogus: 7:55pm On May 17, 2016
no one recognised thus clown .have you seen federal government or any person inviting him for any meeting ? TUC don't even know he exists and can't have meetings with him.as far as am aware my union have gotten the directive to proceed on stike morrow and we are complying

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ajaero’s NLC Faction Backs Out Of Strike by Nobody: 7:55pm On May 17, 2016
NLC is fighting a lost battle

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Man Destroying Buhari's Campaign Posters Arrested In Abuja (Photos) / APC To PDP Defection: No Man Of Honour Will Return To His Vomit - Oshiomole / Fulani Herdsmen Behead Charles Chrisanthus, Adamawa PDP Chairman, Flee With Head

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.