Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,283 members, 7,807,949 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:46 PM

My First Car! - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / My First Car! (12719 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My First Car! by Nobody: 10:16am On May 27, 2016
Our Mods are high on Crack...... Again
Re: My First Car! by solpat(m): 10:18am On May 27, 2016
Twale for you, Ohibenemma. Amazing write up.

1 Like

Re: My First Car! by Nobody: 10:18am On May 27, 2016
joanee20:
I will pay my tithe o...More money will come for me to complete the remaining 90%.. If God did it for me, what will hinder him from doing the same again(money). If the car gets stolen, won't I call on that same God?

God does not work that way.. if he did Dangote would be in the fangs of the devourer.. so will Bill Gates.. tithe if you wish - it is not a must. all God requires from you is your Faith and your Righteousness through his Grace - IT IS FREE, Jesus ensured you never have to pay so much for the love of God.

Therefore be aware - God is not a selfish Igbo Tradesman (sorry no offense intended here) who demands performance from his children in order to render what he is obligated to do as a Father.

It is no surprise - we remain one of the worlds largest hypocritical Christian nation - Evidence is everywhere for all to see

Buy your car.. i am on my 5th and have no stickers running into 6-7 years of conventions on one broken-down car. God is not wicked

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My First Car! by Taiwopeters(m): 10:20am On May 27, 2016
This is a lesson for all.... Even my allawee sef, itz a must i pay tithe grin... May God help us all.
Re: My First Car! by Homestic01(m): 10:28am On May 27, 2016
Nice and educating.
Re: My First Car! by Tolzeal(m): 10:29am On May 27, 2016
Following ... #b2b
Re: My First Car! by harsysky(m): 10:32am On May 27, 2016
Reading hasn't been much more fun than this. I couldn't even imagine how you would be shouting " My brandnew car!"
It's a reflex action, I guess. Nicely written and a great lesson to us all.
Re: My First Car! by vivalavida(m): 10:49am On May 27, 2016
Wow
What a story with lessons in it.
Sadly i am one of those who dont believe in tithing despite my mama's sermon to me and my siblings all the time about it. I doubt if any of them even tithes.
Maybe i will think about this tithing ish.

Nice read
Re: My First Car! by ladyF(f): 11:16am On May 27, 2016
Really interesting writeup, I can't believe I read it till the end considering how lazy I am when it comes to reading. Comprehensive insurance will have saved you a lot, you should have added it to your moral lesson.
Re: My First Car! by vapid: 11:34am On May 27, 2016
This is utterly BS.
You sound like a scam artist
Probably some small town pastor looking for ways to get people to pay tithes. Go get a job man.
God allowed thieves to steal your car because you didn't pay tithes, but he allowed atheists to be the leading richest and safest people in the world?
Anyway your message would thrive because of the number of single digit IQsin this country
Ohibenemma:
I didn't inform my wife about this decision until the close of the Sunday School.

"What? Why not this week?"

"Pastor asked if next week will be okay and I agreed," I lied. It didn't matter that we were in church. I was going to inform the pastor once service closed. "Maybe he has a function to attend to after today's service."

"It's alright," my wife said and I nodded in agreement.

During the short interval between the end of the Sunday School and commencement of the main service, I made a dash outside just to catch a glimpse of my majestic car, standing out in the midst of others, silvery and sparkling. My wife eyed me as I returned to sit beside her, but said nothing. I wasn't sure if she was aware of my mission.

I danced more than many others; shouted halleluyah more than many, but listened least attentively during the sermon as I couldn't shake off thoughts of my brandnew Toyota Camry. I had to do all I could to remain seated through it all. I was first to go out at the close of service and that was where EVERYTHING went wrong. It couldn't be! My silvery Toyota Camry was parked there, glistening under the rays of the sun, beautiful and majestic? Not at all! Its space was empty, void, conspicuous proof that it had once been there. My countenance alternated between smiles of forced bravado and frowns of mounting desperation. I went to the now empty parking spot and turned around several times, wishing the car would somehow come into view in the course of my exertions - efforts in futility. I didn't care if others thought me of an unsound mind, after all whose mind would remain sound after the sudden disappearance of his brandnew car, less than a week after its purchase?

"My car is gone!" I finally screamed, "my brandnew car is gone!"

Many eyes turned in my direction. Some, who were already moving their cars, stopped and came out. I didn't mind their stares of wonderment. My wife ran out too, flanked by our kids.

"What happened, dear?" Worry was written all over her face.

"Everything has happened! My car is gone, my brandnew car has been devoured..." It had come out unconsciously, but now that I said it, it made sense. The devourer! The devourer! I was agitated and was probably making wild motions when I felt strong hands upon me. "Leave me alone!" I roared, but the grips would not relent. "We're talking about my brandnew car here! Leave me alone!" Someone hinted to the fact that such acts were only carried out in connivance with one close to the victim, but how was that any concern of mine? The car was gone! My precious baby was gone.

They thought I was going mad. Maybe, if I was more relaxed, they would release the grip. I tried the meekest tone I could muster.

"I am okay, you don't need to do this, I am only worried."

They exchanged knowing glances and nodded. My wife nodded too, but just as I felt the grips being released, I felt an adrenaline upsurge again.

"We are talking about my devoured brandnew car here! Leave my arms alone!" No sooner than I had managed to jerk one arm free when the grips were tightened again. I could hear my kids crying now, I could see the tears running down my wife's face, but I couldn't come to terms with the loss of my Toyota Camry, silvery, beautiful and majestic. These reactions only pushed me to seek my freedom more violently, prompting more effort in checking me by my captors.

I turned around to behold my wife's face. A smile broke forth amidst the lines of worry.

"He's awake, sir!" She announced to someone I was yet to know.

The pastor's face came into view. He smiled too.

"It is alright, madam; God has already secured the victory." He addressed my wife and patted my forehead. "Bro Uduak, you don't know how precious your life is, or you wouldn't allow your heart to be so tied to an earthly treasure which can rot away and be stolen."

Then, I remembered my car, my precious brandnew Toyota Camry, silvery, beautiful and majestic and shut my eyes. The many questions I had meant to ask about what was going on suddenly found answers. It was well, the car was gone. The Police would never find it. I never confessed to my wife how I had rejected her advice to pay a tenth of my windfall to God, no other soul ever got wind of it.

I was back to work the next day and acted like nothing ever went amiss. Now, I was indifferent to all the showy displays of my colleagues. Somehow, their ownership of cars meant nothing to me. Against my wishes, they later got wind of the acquisition and theft of my Toyota Camry. I was indifferent to their expressions of sympathy, too. The whole car drama felt like a dream, a vastly faded one.

I got another car a year after, and my wife, after yet another year. Today, it still baffles me how I could have been so attached to that first car.

THE END

Cc: Lalasticlala
Re: My First Car! by ibez007(m): 2:45pm On May 27, 2016
Brov, abeg Mak ar siidan!...
Re: My First Car! by Optimist1(m): 3:37pm On May 27, 2016
What a life imparted epic... One got learn from this very experience as to resist epic that touch.

May the almighty God help us as we begin to know Him everyday and leave in line with His will. Amen.
Re: My First Car! by Optimist1(m): 3:38pm On May 27, 2016
What a life imparted epic... One got to learn from this very experience as to resist epic that touches.

May the almighty God help us as we begin to know Him everyday and leave in line with His will. Amen.
Re: My First Car! by joanee20(f): 6:31pm On May 27, 2016
everydayperson:

God does not work that way.. if he did Dangote would be in the fangs of the devourer.. so will Bill Gates.. tithe if you wish - it is not a must. all God requires from you is your Faith and your Righteousness through his Grace - IT IS FREE, Jesus ensured you never have to pay so much for the love of God.

Therefore be aware - God is not a selfish Igbo Tradesman (sorry no offense intended here) who demands performance from his children in order to render what he is obligated to do as a Father.

It is no surprise - we remain one of the worlds largest hypocritical Christian nation - Evidence is everywhere for all to see

Buy your car.. i am on my 5th and have no stickers running into 6-7 years of conventions on one broken-down car. God is not wicked

Are you their PA to know if they tithe or not? What do you even know about tithes..hmm... if you have your tithes pay them, but if you don't God won't punish you cos he sure understands his children..
Re: My First Car! by DealZ(m): 6:33pm On May 27, 2016
Interesting
Re: My First Car! by Abti: 6:38pm On May 27, 2016
Please before I start reading this, will you give us the complete story or its suspense again?
Re: My First Car! by Nobody: 8:51pm On May 27, 2016
joanee20:

Are you their PA to know if they tithe or not? What do you even know about tithes..hmm... if you have your tithes pay them, but if you don't God won't punish you cos he sure understands his children..

I'll bet Access Bank has a Branch in Heaven since God banked with Intercontinental when it was still booming grin
Re: My First Car! by mcmeffy(m): 12:35am On May 28, 2016
Pls can I share this your work??
Re: My First Car! by queenDD(f): 11:08am On May 28, 2016
Ohibenemma:
Let's discuss: what would you have done, in Mr Uduak's shoes?
Pay my tithe first, it's not easy though but it will save me a lot of stress

1 Like

Re: My First Car! by Ohibenemma(m): 9:55pm On May 29, 2016
joanee20:
WOW!!! that was one great piece...I hope people learn from it and follow the instructions written in the bible. NOTE: what more than one person tells you or says about you it the clear truth.... thumbs up dear, you too much..God bless
God bless you, too; thanks.
Re: My First Car! by Ohibenemma(m): 10:01pm On May 29, 2016
Flakkydagirl:
I really enjoyed this story,it was worth the read.
Hope to read something new very soon.
Do invite me.
Flakkydagirl.
So glad you did! You can be sure I will invite you. Thanks.
Re: My First Car! by Ohibenemma(m): 10:05pm On May 29, 2016
kingphilip:
Wow such a nice masterpiece with spectacular lessons to learn

It's always good to learn from experiences of some other persons and not that of yours because yours might never give you a second chance to relive the experiences rather others who are wise will learn and avoid

This is a lesson to everyone of us that there's nothing we have that we were not given.. So appreciation is always necessary when we get something either a windfall which we never bargained for or a planned revenue which accrues to us.. Always remember to give GOD the BEST rather than the REST

ohibenemma always a hero at short pieces.. You did marvelously well on this.. Awaiting ur next move soonest

Lalasticlala, Ishilove, seun, mynd44 over to you guys
Thanks for your commendation; you've always been a big support. I'm sure your call moved this to the Frontpage. Let's repeat it soon.
Re: My First Car! by Ohibenemma(m): 10:22pm On May 29, 2016
everydayperson:

Buy your car.. i am on my 5th and have no stickers running into 6-7 years of conventions on one broken-down car
Some persons get away absolutely, or with some cheap reprimand when culpable of certain offenses others are heavily punished for. That's Grace. It mustn't be taken for granted.

Our man didn't enjoy such. Simple!

On the Dangote comparison, do you know the quantity of cows this 'Muslim' donates annually to the RCCG? It is pitiable when non-Christians know and apply Christian principles more than believers.
Re: My First Car! by Ohibenemma(m): 10:24pm On May 29, 2016
harsysky:
Reading hasn't been much more fun than this. I couldn't even imagine how you would be shouting " My brandnew car!"
It's a reflex action, I guess. Nicely written and a great lesson to us all.
Re: My First Car! by Ohibenemma(m): 10:27pm On May 29, 2016
vivalavida:
Wow
What a story with lessons in it.
Sadly i am one of those who dont believe in tithing despite my mama's sermon to me and my siblings all the time about it. I doubt if any of them even tithes.
Maybe i will think about this tithing ish.

Nice read
It's a difficult thing to do...until you start it. Then, you realize how inconsequential the ten percent actually is. START NOW!
Re: My First Car! by Ohibenemma(m): 10:32pm On May 29, 2016
ladyF:
Really interesting writeup, I can't believe I read it till the end considering how lazy I am when it comes to reading. Comprehensive insurance will have saved you a lot, you should have added it to your moral lesson.
Comprehensive Insurance?? Maybe so. But, even wisdom as simple as that is from GOD. When up against the supernatural, you wonder how you failed to remember what would normally pass for common sense.
Re: My First Car! by Ohibenemma(m): 10:49pm On May 29, 2016
vapid:
This is utterly BS.
You sound like a scam artist
Probably some small town pastor looking for ways to get people to pay tithes. Go get a job man.
God allowed thieves to steal your car because you didn't pay tithes, but he allowed atheists to be the leading richest and safest people in the world?
Anyway your message would thrive because of the number of single digit IQs in this country
Wow! You must have felt very smart after typing this.

Well, I'm not even a pastor today, to start with, and it's a fictionally adapted 'true life experience'. Definitely not mine. I'm sure you understand that now.

The logic for some perceived Christian/Atheist prosperity discrepancies is simple. While some Christians are unrepentantly tight fisted, some atheists are selfless givers.
Re: My First Car! by vapid: 6:32am On May 30, 2016
Sorry. Still a scam artist. It's the idea that you're promoting that makes you a scam
Ohibenemma:
Wow! You must have felt very smart after typing this.

Well, I'm not even a pastor today, to start with, and it's a fictionally adapted 'true life experience'. Definitely not mine. I'm sure you understand that now.

The logic for some perceived Christian/Atheist prosperity discrepancies is simple. While some Christians are unrepentantly tight fisted, some atheists are selfless givers.
Re: My First Car! by kingphilip(m): 7:12am On May 30, 2016
Ohibenemma:
Thanks for your commendation; you've always been a big support. I'm sure your call moved this to the Frontpage. Let's repeat it soon.
no p boss I'll be somewhere around waiting for you
Re: My First Car! by Ohibenemma(m): 6:44pm On May 30, 2016
vapid:
Sorry. Still a scam artist. It's the idea that you're promoting that makes you a scam
You don't seem to get it, sir. It's not my idea. I only codified another's experience. However, that doesn't negate the truth in the tithing principle. It's your choice whether or not to believe it.

This will be my last response to you on this.
Re: My First Car! by Ohibenemma(m): 6:47pm On May 30, 2016
kingphilip:
no p boss I'll be somewhere around waiting for you
Thumbs up!

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Devil's Love (a Tale Of A Rapist) By John Mfon / My Life::::**** / DOUBLE-EDGED SWORD

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.