Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,290 members, 7,780,665 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 07:00 PM

Practicality Of Faith By Pastor E A Adeboye - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Practicality Of Faith By Pastor E A Adeboye (4191 Views)

Drawing Of Pastor E. A. Adeboye By A Nairalander / 2017 Prophecies By Pastor E.A. Adeboye / Pastor E.A Adeboye Is A Murderer – Kemi Olunloyo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Practicality Of Faith By Pastor E A Adeboye by bummyla(m): 5:05am On May 18, 2016
Practicality Of Faith. RCCG Open Heavens. Sermon And Prayer Points By Pastor E A Adeboye.

Memorise: Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. – Hebrews 11:1

Read: James 2:14-23 (KJV)

14 What doth it profit, my brethren, though a man say he hath faith, and have not works? can faith save him?

15 If a brother or sister be naked, and destitute of daily food,

16 And one of you say unto them, Depart in peace, be ye warmed and filled; notwithstanding ye give them not those things which are needful to the body; what doth it profit?

17 Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone.

18 Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works.

19 Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.

20 But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?

21 Was not Abraham our father justified by works, when he had offered Isaac his son upon the altar?

22 Seest thou how faith wrought with his works, and by works was faith made perfect?

23 And the scripture was fulfilled which saith, Abraham believed God, and it was imputed unto him for righteousness: and he was called the Friend of God.

Bible in One Year: 2 Kings 1-2, Proverbs 20:18-30

Our memory verse for today provides the best explanation on the subject of faith. Practically, faith consists of taking God at His word and acting accordingly. The idea of being sure provides a conviction that what we hope for will happen, not because we can make it happen, but because God has said it will happen.

In John 6:57-58, Our Lord Jesus Christ assures us that His flesh and blood releases divine life. As you drink the wine representing His blood, the Spirit will quicken your body because the wine is equivalent to the Spirit. Ephesians 5:18 compares the wine with the Holy Spirit. Romans 8:11 says:

“But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you."

This means that if curses are warring against your body, when you partake of the bread and wine, physical victory will be delivered to your body. Are you sick? Has your body been afflicted with terminal ailments? Seek the face of the Lord concerning that sickness, go in faith for the next Holy Communion and you will be healed. There is a user of this devotional with a terminal ailment, as you release your faith and partake of the next Holy Communion, you will be delivered from that ailment in the name of Jesus.

Furthermore, in Luke 24:49, the Lord told His disciples to wait until the power came. That is faith. Waiting on God is an act of faith. While waiting, there would be several distractions and discouraging moments. The devil will bring people to mock you just like they mocked Noah while he was building the ark for a supposed rainfall that had never before experienced. For as long as it takes God to fulfil His promises in your life, WAIT. Don't get tired! Time spent in waiting on God to fulfil His Word is not wasted at all; it is counted to you as an act of righteousness. You are simply obeying God. Besides this, where to wait could also be very important. The Early Church was asked to wait in the city of Jerusalem. They did not know why, but God knew He had planned to send the Holy Spirit on the day of Pentecost.

Faith also provides a conviction of certainty for what we do not see. Just as physical eyesight provides evidence about things, faith provides evidence about the invisible. God has promised future blessings and eternal rewards. No one has seen these yet. Still, believers are certain that God will deliver on His promises, and we will one day see and experience these blessings and rewards. Faith proves the reality of what we cannot see. Faith enables Christians to live obediently in the light of what we know will come. "Faith provides a platform for hope and a perception into the reality of what would otherwise remain unseen." (Donald Guthrie)

[b]Prayer Point: [/b]Father, please rekindle the fire of apostolic faith in me in the Name of Jesus.
https://bummyla.com/2016/05/18/practicality-of-faith-rccg-open-heavens-sermon-and-prayer-points-by-pastor-e-a-adeboye/

(1) (Reply)

20 Reasons To Abandon Christianity (part 1) / Download Free Gospel Music: James Fortune & FIYA - I Trust You / Gods Word Fulfilled Right Before Our Eyes. Halleluiah

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.