Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,921 members, 7,799,123 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 03:37 PM

NLC Strike: Apc Is Setting A Dangerous Precedence. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NLC Strike: Apc Is Setting A Dangerous Precedence. (23815 Views)

APC Is A Failure, Has Lily-Livered, Weak Leadership; IPOB Must Be Curbed - Sagay / APC Is A Bullying Party, Says Atiku / Fadeyi: Violence Breaks Out In Lagos Over NLC Strike (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

NLC Strike: Apc Is Setting A Dangerous Precedence. by OLADD: 8:50am On May 18, 2016
If there's anybody out there who is not completely convinced about the divisive nature of Buhari's administration, such a person needs to take a cursory look at how the presidency has jettisoned all decency by negotiating with two feuding factions of the NLC in the ongoing fuel hike faceoff. For the reason best known to them, the APC government in its 11 months reign in power has not deemed it necessary to unite the labour unions, instead it has been embarking on actions that further polarize the body. Ironically, during the last May Day Parade, the same Federal Govt completely shut out the Ajero faction of the NLC but sent representations to the Wabba led parade. This clearly underscores how divisive Buhari's govt is. The implication of this is that this adminstration is poised to leave Nigeria more divided than it met it. If the pendulum swings tomorrow and the Ajero faction suddenly becomes antagonistic, where will the govt run to? It's a dangerous game.

96 Likes 13 Shares

Re: NLC Strike: Apc Is Setting A Dangerous Precedence. by AZeD1(m): 8:56am On May 18, 2016
Government and labour are never friends and it is to the benefit of the government if labour is divided.

65 Likes 4 Shares

Re: NLC Strike: Apc Is Setting A Dangerous Precedence. by dukie25: 9:02am On May 18, 2016
Ironically, during the last May Day parade, the same Federal Govt completely shut out the Ajero faction of the NLC but sent representations to the Wabba held parade. This clearly underscores how divisive Buhari's govt is.

Spot on.
OLADD remains one of the best political contributor in politics section.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: NLC Strike: Apc Is Setting A Dangerous Precedence. by Histrings08(m): 9:06am On May 18, 2016
Pfft... Truth b told, I don't know what to bliv anymore.. Ask me if subsidy is good or bad, I'll just be looking at u like lucozade

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: NLC Strike: Apc Is Setting A Dangerous Precedence. by Topleague(m): 9:09am On May 18, 2016
is it government business for labour to close rank, wise up man or why is it paining you like this?

22 Likes

Re: NLC Strike: Apc Is Setting A Dangerous Precedence. by UAE123(m): 9:22am On May 18, 2016
Is ur explanation d reason y d labour strike was not effective

4 Likes

Re: NLC Strike: Apc Is Setting A Dangerous Precedence. by bodejohn(m): 9:32am On May 18, 2016
Without the fear of been called a wailer the OP is spot on.

The negotiation with both factions of the NLC is a pointer to the sinister motive of the government on this issue, government should not ask the labour unions to obey court orders when the president himself has brazenly disobeyed court orders.

The loosers in this game are the masses...Nigerians will one day wish they didn't participate in the decimation of labour in Nigeria.

For the records...I am particularly indifferent on the strike action.

28 Likes 6 Shares

Re: NLC Strike: Apc Is Setting A Dangerous Precedence. by OLADD: 10:00am On May 18, 2016
AZeD1:
Government and labour are never friends and it is to the benefit of the government if labour is divided.

What's the fate of workers in this?

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NLC Strike: Apc Is Setting A Dangerous Precedence. by Stalwert: 10:04am On May 18, 2016
[s]
OLADD:
If there's anybody out there who is not completely convinced about the divisive nature of Buhari's administration, such a person needs to take a cursory look at how the presidency has jettisoned all decency by negotiating with two feuding factions of the NLC in the ongoing fuel hike faceoff. For the reason best known to them, the APC government in its 11 months reign in power has not deemed it necessary to unite the labour unions, instead it has been embarking on actions that further polarize the body. Ironically, during the last May Day Parade, the same Federal Govt completely shut out the Ajero faction of the NLC but sent representations to the Wabba led parade. This clearly underscores how divisive Buhari's govt is. The implication of this is that this adminstration is poised to leave Nigeria more divided than it met it. If the pendulum swings tomorrow and the Ajero faction suddenly becomes antagonistic, where will the govt run to? It's a dangerous game.
[/s]

Thrash from the toilet when Jogogoro was splitting Nigeria into 2 religions and various ethnicity why were you quiet?

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: NLC Strike: Apc Is Setting A Dangerous Precedence. by OLADD: 10:09am On May 18, 2016
Topleague:
is it government business for labour to close rank, wise up man or why is it paining you like this?

Think like a lettered person lady. Does it imply that Buhari's govt can do whatever it likes with workers since there's no common front to fight their course?

Besides, I am not pained because I am a govt employee but my concern is how the APC-led government is further polarising Nigeria. It's too evident for all to see.

38 Likes 4 Shares

Re: NLC Strike: Apc Is Setting A Dangerous Precedence. by OLADD: 10:15am On May 18, 2016
UAE123:

I am afraid that's the major reason why the strike is ineffective. NLC is a divided house.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: NLC Strike: Apc Is Setting A Dangerous Precedence. by OLADD: 10:18am On May 18, 2016
bodejohn:
Without the fear of been called a wailer the OP is spot on.

The negotiation with both factions of the NLC is a pointer to the sinister motive of the government on this issue, government should not ask the labour unions to obey court orders when the president himself has brazenly disobey court orders.

The loosers in this game are the masses...Nigerians will one day wish they didn't participate in the decimation of labour in Nigeria.

For the records...I am particularly indifferent on the strike action.

Good reasoning. Thank you.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: NLC Strike: Apc Is Setting A Dangerous Precedence. by AZeD1(m): 10:21am On May 18, 2016
OLADD:

What's the fate of workers in this?
The fate of the workers is in their own hands.

I'm not a big fan of labour and to be frank I'd rather they be disbanded.

5 Likes

Re: NLC Strike: Apc Is Setting A Dangerous Precedence. by AZeD1(m): 10:26am On May 18, 2016
OLADD:

Think like a lettered person lady. Does it imply that Buhari's govt can do whatever it likes with workers since there's no common front to fight their course?

Besides, I am not pained because I am a govt employee but my concern is how the APC-led government is further polarising Nigeria. It's too evident for all to see.
Stop making an issue were there is none. The more polarised labour is, the better for the government and employers of labour.

If labour is divided, it's their fault and no one else's fault.

17 Likes

Re: NLC Strike: Apc Is Setting A Dangerous Precedence. by OLADD: 10:45am On May 18, 2016
AZeD1:

Stop make an issue were there is none. The more polarised labour is, the better for the government and employers of labour.

You're narrowing it down to Labour unionism alone forgetting that members of NLC are Nigerians also. If the citizens are intentionally divided among different lines by a sitting government, where's the hope of a united Nigeria?

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NLC Strike: Apc Is Setting A Dangerous Precedence. by UmuEri(m): 11:01am On May 18, 2016
Op you need not worry yourself. The Ajero led Labour is none existence.

Out of the 35 affiliate unions of the NLC, the Ayuba led NLC who are on strike controls 33, and all of them are on strike including Medical Doctors.a.

While the Joe Ajero led faction controls only 2 out of the 35 affiliate unions of the NLC, this includes the textile and electricity workers. These are the only ones not on strike.

Note: The Governor of Edo Sate Adams Oshimole, belongs to the Joe Ajero faction that is not on strike.

Adams Oshimole was the secretary of the textile Union for many yrs when he was in the struggle.

So you can now understand!

So as far as i am concerned, Ayuba Waba led NLC which Controls 33 out of 35 affiliate union, is the Nightmare of the FG

36 Likes 6 Shares

Re: NLC Strike: Apc Is Setting A Dangerous Precedence. by UmuEri(m): 11:10am On May 18, 2016
OLADD:

I am afraid that's the major reason why the strike is ineffective. NLC is a divided house.
NLC is not divided, Ayuba controls 33 out of 35 affiliate unions, leaving just only 2 for Ajero supposed faction.

Note, that was why the Ayuba led NLC worked out of the meeting with the FG on Tuesday immediately the SGF recognised and called Ayuba a factional leader.

This got Ayuba infuriated, and he immediately stood up and worked-out of the meeting. As he stood up, all his colleagues stood and followed him immediately.

The meeting did not hold because the FG wanted to further polarize NLC, and Ayuba understood that and staged a Work-out.

Note, i was there Live.

53 Likes 9 Shares

Re: NLC Strike: Apc Is Setting A Dangerous Precedence. by ASL33: 11:13am On May 18, 2016
AZeD1:

Stop make an issue were there is none. The more polarised labour is, the better for the government and employers of labour.

What of the employees? To they are slaves with no right. But remember for you the employer to get the best out of your employee you must make them happy and how do you do that? Protect their right.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NLC Strike: Apc Is Setting A Dangerous Precedence. by BRAV0O(m): 11:19am On May 18, 2016
u re on point at op this strike issues as finally portray APC on a clueless direction just like the last administration I wouldn't want to say so much for now I don't know who is who and Nigeria is on the brink all I know is nomatter how far propaganda travel truth will always prevail at the end' one more thing! Lagos States residence and owners should be very careful cus they are selling their future generations to just one family which is very very wrong' thank u

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NLC Strike: Apc Is Setting A Dangerous Precedence. by AZeD1(m): 11:22am On May 18, 2016
OLADD:

You're narrowing it down to Labour unionism alone forgetting that members of NLC are Nigerians also. If the citizens are intentionally divided among different lines by a sitting government, where's the hope of a united Nigeria?
Your post is about NLC and not Nigeria. I am a Nigerian and I don't give a flying hoot about NLC. I also know plenty people like me.

4 Likes

Re: NLC Strike: Apc Is Setting A Dangerous Precedence. by OLADD: 11:24am On May 18, 2016
UmuEri:
NLC is not divided, Ayuba controls 33 out of 35 affiliate unions, leaving just only 2 for Ajero supposed faction.

Note, that was why the Ayuba led NLC worked out of the meeting with the FG on Tuesday immediately the SGF recognised and called Ayuba a factional leader.

This got Ayuba infuriated, and he immediately stood up and worked-out of the meeting. As he stood up, all his colleagues stood and followed him immediately.

The meeting did not hold because the FG wanted to further polarize NLC, and Ayuba understood that and staged a Work-out.

Note, i was there Live.

Friend, if that's the case, why does it look as if the strike is ineffective?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: NLC Strike: Apc Is Setting A Dangerous Precedence. by AZeD1(m): 11:24am On May 18, 2016
OLADD:

Your post is about NLC and not Nigeria. I am a Nigerian and I don't Givelying hoot about NLC. I also know plenty people like me.

5 Likes

Re: NLC Strike: Apc Is Setting A Dangerous Precedence. by AZeD1(m): 11:25am On May 18, 2016
ASL33:
What of the employees? To they are slaves with no right. But remember for you the employer to get the best out of your employee you must make them happy and how do you do that? Protect their right.
I seriously don't know what you are talking about.
Re: NLC Strike: Apc Is Setting A Dangerous Precedence. by OLADD: 11:27am On May 18, 2016
AZeD1:

Your post is about NLC and not Nigeria. I am a Nigerian and I don't Givelying hoot about NLC. I also know plenty people like me.

My post is specifically about polarisation of NLC and Nigeria in general. What affects a tree also affects its branches.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NLC Strike: Apc Is Setting A Dangerous Precedence. by AZeD1(m): 11:30am On May 18, 2016
OLADD:

My post is specifically about polarisation of NLC and Nigeria in general. What affects a tree also affects its branches.
How is the polarisation of NLC the government's business? Is it the government's fault that NLC cannot put it's house in order?

11 Likes

Re: NLC Strike: Apc Is Setting A Dangerous Precedence. by UmuEri(m): 11:34am On May 18, 2016
OLADD:

Friend, if that's the case, why does it look as if the strike is ineffective?
thank you for that question, what is going on is that the FG has also deploy the instrument of media and propaganda.

The strikes are very much alive my brother. As i am talking to you, all the schools in Asaba Delta State are closed down including most private school.

The reason is because the Nigeria Union of Teachers (NUT) is part of the Ayuba Waba led NLC.

And offcours, you know ASUU has also declared total strike, and all the universities has been deserted.

14 Likes 5 Shares

Re: NLC Strike: Apc Is Setting A Dangerous Precedence. by otukpo(f): 12:08pm On May 18, 2016
Let the APC continue dividing Nigerians, we allowed them.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: NLC Strike: Apc Is Setting A Dangerous Precedence. by OLADD: 12:16pm On May 18, 2016
AZeD1:

How is the polarisation of NLC the government's business? Is it the government's fault that NLC cannot put it's house in order?

The inability of the Union members to put their house in order is down to political interference from government circle. Everyone knows Wabba led NLC is the officially recognized one but this administration has decided to play the devil's advocate for Ajero faction and in the same vein, courting two brides at the same time. That's a height of insensitivity and divisibility.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: NLC Strike: Apc Is Setting A Dangerous Precedence. by AZeD1(m): 12:19pm On May 18, 2016
OLADD:

The inability of the Union members to put their house in order is down to political interference from government circle. Everyone knows Wabba led NLC is the officially recognized one but this administration has decided to play the devil's advocate for Ajero faction and courting two brides at the same time. That's a height of insensitivity and divisibility.
It's not the height of insensitivity but doing your work.
The more frationilized labour is, the better for government.
I have said this over and over again, it's not in the best interest of government to be united.
The onus lies with labour to be united.

The fact that the government can fractonilize labour means labour leaders are not fighting for the masses but themselves.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: NLC Strike: Apc Is Setting A Dangerous Precedence. by allthingsgood: 12:21pm On May 18, 2016
I don't understand your point OP

Should govt have negotiated with one faction and left the other??

Your post doesn't make sense!

6 Likes

Re: NLC Strike: Apc Is Setting A Dangerous Precedence. by allthingsgood: 12:25pm On May 18, 2016
[s]
OLADD:

The inability of the Union members to put their house in order is down to political interference from government circle. Everyone knows Wabba led NLC is the officially recognized one but this administration has decided to play the devil's advocate for Ajero faction and courting two brides at the same time. That's a height of insensitivity and divisibility.
[/s]

The way you wailers think is quite pathetic and silly

Labour was fractionalized long before buhari or apc came into the presidency. So this your ridiculous attempt to blame fg for NLC issues is very silly. sometimes I think you wailers suffer from selective amnesia

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: NLC Strike: Apc Is Setting A Dangerous Precedence. by KissCODE(m): 12:30pm On May 18, 2016
UAE123:
did u say that labour strike is not effective?

Lolzzzz...
You must be living in North Pole.

4 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ifeanyi Ejiofor Challenges Court Order Declaring IPOB Terrorist Organisation / Kawu Baraje Returns To PDP With nPDP (Video) / 35 Achievements Of Governor Ambode In Lagos!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.