Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,254 members, 7,807,872 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:10 PM

Need Urgent Help With My 2002 Toyota Highlander - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Need Urgent Help With My 2002 Toyota Highlander (1102 Views)

2002 Toyota Avensis Needs Conversion From Diesel To Petrol Engine. / 2002 Toyota Camry Issue: Nairaland AutoMechanics, Come In / Need Urgent Help With My 2002 Toyota Highlander (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Need Urgent Help With My 2002 Toyota Highlander by derock533: 10:38am On May 18, 2016
Please i need Urgent assistance....I have a 2002 Toyota Highlander and its giving me headaches. When the car is Park Mode and the Engine is ON, it sounds so sweet and calm. But once its engaged on Drive mode, and you try to move the car it will make a pop pop sound and jerk on first movement from the air filter box. Once it succeeds in moving, it will accelerate well until you stop and same problem will surface again.

The plugs are firing well.

Please how can i get out of this problem.
Re: Need Urgent Help With My 2002 Toyota Highlander by GAZZUZZ(m): 12:06pm On May 18, 2016
derock533:
Please i need Urgent assistance....I have a 2002 Toyota Highlander and its giving me headaches. When the car is Park Mode and the Engine is ON, it sounds so sweet and calm. But once its engaged on Drive mode, and you try to move the car it will make a pop pop sound and jerk on first movement from the air filter box. Once it succeeds in moving, it will accelerate well until you stop and same problem will surface again.

The plugs are firing well.

Please how can i get out of this problem.

you should scan and take vehicle for proper diagnosis. But from past experience with your vehicle, you are dealing with an airflowmeter or fuel pressure issue. It's also possible your timing is retarded by a few degrees
Re: Need Urgent Help With My 2002 Toyota Highlander by derock533: 2:03pm On May 18, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

you should scan and take vehicle for proper diagnosis. But from past experience with your vehicle, you are dealing with an airflowmeter or fuel pressure issue. It's also possible your timing is retarded by a few degrees
The mechanic replaced the Airflowmeter and a complete Fuel Pump cause he also suggested same thing. But the problem is still there. Am just confused.
Re: Need Urgent Help With My 2002 Toyota Highlander by derock533: 2:38pm On May 18, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

I scanned with Torque and i got fault code P0758 - Generic (Type: Powertrain - Transmission -ISO/SAE Controlled) (Description: Shift Solenoid "B" Electrical), P0758 - GM (Type: Powertrain-Transmission -ISO/SAE Controlled) (Description: Transmission 2-3 Shift Solenoid Electrical Fault) (Cause: P0560) and P1155 - Toyota (Type Powertrain - Manufacturer Controlled DTC - Manufacturer Controlled) (Description Air fuel sensor) California - RH front - heater circuit malfunction (Cause: Wiring, air fuel ratio sensor, ECM)

I am not a technician and my Mechanic is good at what he does but this one is kinda much for him to handle. He is currently trying to check the plug coils and nozzle. And surprisingly the fuel pump is running continuously even when the ignition is off, unless when the battery head is off.
Re: Need Urgent Help With My 2002 Toyota Highlander by GAZZUZZ(m): 2:40pm On May 18, 2016
derock533:

The mechanic replaced the Airflowmeter and a complete Fuel Pump cause he also suggested same thing. But the problem is still there. Am just confused.

GAZZUZZ:

Re: Need Urgent Help With My 2002 Toyota Highlander by derock533: 2:50pm On May 18, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

Thank you so much
I scanned with Torque and i got fault code P0758 - Generic (Type: Powertrain - Transmission -ISO/SAE Controlled) (Description: Shift Solenoid "B" Electrical), P0758 - GM (Type: Powertrain-Transmission -ISO/SAE Controlled) (Description: Transmission 2-3 Shift Solenoid Electrical Fault) (Cause: P0560) and P1155 - Toyota (Type Powertrain - Manufacturer Controlled DTC - Manufacturer Controlled) (Description Air fuel sensor) California - RH front - heater circuit malfunction (Cause: Wiring, air fuel ratio sensor, ECM)

I am not a technician and my Mechanic is good at what he does but this one is kinda much for him to handle. He is currently trying to check the plug coils and nozzle, i called him and advised him to work on the timing as you advised, he did and said its ok. And surprisingly the fuel pump is running continuously even when the ignition is off, unless when the battery head is off.
Re: Need Urgent Help With My 2002 Toyota Highlander by derock533: 3:29pm On May 18, 2016
i was browsing the internet and came across this http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/83-1st-generation-2001-2007/286474-2002-highlander-transmission-codes.html i have been trying to explain to the mechanic, but can't get him to understand over the phone. I believe it is because i am not knowledgeable on this. Can i get a simple way of interpreting it to him?

Thanks
Re: Need Urgent Help With My 2002 Toyota Highlander by mayor2013: 3:54pm On May 18, 2016
I need further information. Does the car drive fine on high way. Get a professional scan tool to scan the car. If you are in lagos call 08156087872 or 08165520837. To get a solution. Free scan for you ends by friday 20th may 2016.
Re: Need Urgent Help With My 2002 Toyota Highlander by derock533: 4:00pm On May 18, 2016
mayor2013:
I need further information. Does the car drive fine on high way. Get a professional scan tool to scan the car. If you are in lagos call 08156087872 or 08165520837. To get a solution. Free scan for you ends by friday 20th may 2016.

Yes the Car drive fine on High way. Am not in Lagos, am in Port Harcourt. I have an ODB2 which i plugged into the car and I have a paid version of Torque on my Android which i used to scan and got those fault Codes.
Re: Need Urgent Help With My 2002 Toyota Highlander by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:27pm On May 18, 2016
derock533:

Thank you so much

I am not a technician and my Mechanic is good at what he does but this one is kinda much for him to handle. He is currently trying to check the plug coils and nozzle, i called him and advised him to work on the timing as you advised, he did and said its ok. And surprisingly the fuel pump is running continuously even when the ignition is off, unless when the battery head is off.

it's a transmission related problem.
Re: Need Urgent Help With My 2002 Toyota Highlander by Kashif(m): 9:27pm On May 18, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

it's a transmission related problem.

Gbam! The problem is between the ECU and solenoid(s).

(1) (Reply)

My Mechanic Wants To Kill Me. / Customs E-auction: Why Many Will Lose Their Cars / Would You Buy This Ultra-Rare Ferrari Found After 40 Years For $2million?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.