Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,240 members, 7,780,469 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 03:03 PM

My Car Gives A Clicking Sound On Movement - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My Car Gives A Clicking Sound On Movement (1324 Views)

Rattling Sound On Acceleration / 'Grinding' Sound On Engine / How My Car Was Wrecked Due The Carelessness Of A Police Officer. Advice Please! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Car Gives A Clicking Sound On Movement by princemillla(m): 12:04pm On May 18, 2016
Hello my gurus in the house.

My mercury villager gives a clicking sound on movement. The more the speed the more the clicking sound.

Someone said it's a collapse valve lifters. Pls help out. I don't want to place my engine in a suicide mode.

Cc: siana GAZZUZZ MPVGoddess erico2k2
Re: My Car Gives A Clicking Sound On Movement by Ricmayak1: 12:30pm On May 18, 2016
If it happens on tarred road onlt, it might be as simple as your tire picked a nail.
Re: My Car Gives A Clicking Sound On Movement by MPVGoddess: 1:48pm On May 18, 2016
princemillla:
Hello my gurus in the house.

My mercury villager gives a clicking sound on movement. The more the speed the more the clicking sound.

Someone said it's a collapse valve lifters. Pls help out. I don't want to place my engine in a suicide mode.

Cc: siana GAZZUZZ MPVGoddess erico2k2

Clicking sound? what engine oil is it?

Now again, what if you are misreading the sound? could be faulty hubs or a bad cv joint.

I would advice, let a competent mech check it for you

did you resolve the problems on the other thread? is your fuel consumption in order
Re: My Car Gives A Clicking Sound On Movement by princemillla(m): 2:13pm On May 18, 2016
MPVGoddess:

Clicking sound? what engine oil is it?

Now again, what if you are misreading the sound? could be faulty hubs or a bad cv joint.

I would advice, let a competent mech check it for you

did you resolve the problems on the other thread? is your fuel consumption in order

Bro are you in lagos? If you are kindly drop your number for me. I need help as its now.
Re: My Car Gives A Clicking Sound On Movement by MPVGoddess: 2:24pm On May 18, 2016
princemillla:

Bro are you in lagos? If you are kindly drop your number for me. I need help as its now.

not in country

usually if its from the engine, then it is related to type of engine oil in use, or failing rollers or lifters or something of that nature.

I suggest you contact a nissan expert.

Nisspart is in Lagos and can link you up though his charges may be high

Or try linking up with dharmeel, he should connect you to a cheaper mechanic

costee is also a nissan guy

And finally drumma

Of course there are the usual suspects, i mean established names on the forum all based in Lagos that you can reach out to.

All I can help you with is suggestions from afar.

All the best but do keep me informed, and i will try to help as much as one can from afar

That vehicle shares common components with the nissan quest of the equivalent period
Re: My Car Gives A Clicking Sound On Movement by princemillla(m): 2:43pm On May 18, 2016
MPVGoddess:

not in country

usually if its from the engine, then it is related to type of engine oil in use, or failing rollers or lifters or something of that nature.

I suggest you contact a nissan expert.

Nisspart is in Lagos and can link you up though his charges may be high

Or try linking up with dharmeel, he should connect you to a cheaper mechanic

costee is also a nissan guy

And finally drumma

Of course there are the usual suspects, i mean established names on the forum all based in Lagos that you can reach out to.

All I can help you with is suggestions from afar.

All the best but do keep me informed, and i will try to help as much as one can from afar

That vehicle shares common components with the nissan quest of the equivalent period

yes you are right Bro, same with quest.

Dharneel costee and drumma can you all pop up for recommendations and details pls. Thanks MPVGoddess " God bless you sir
Re: My Car Gives A Clicking Sound On Movement by Nobody: 3:18pm On May 18, 2016
Does this sound appear only when moving?
If yes, you should look away from the engine but on rolling parts.
Re: My Car Gives A Clicking Sound On Movement by princemillla(m): 4:55pm On May 18, 2016
0rex:
Does this sound appear only when moving?
If yes, you should look away from the engine but on rolling parts.

Yes only on moving. Silent on idle
Re: My Car Gives A Clicking Sound On Movement by Nobody: 6:36pm On May 18, 2016
princemillla:

Yes only on moving. Silent on idle
Ok. Check front wheel hubs and shaft.
Re: My Car Gives A Clicking Sound On Movement by princemillla(m): 8:30pm On May 18, 2016
0rex:

Ok. Check front wheel hubs and shaft.

Thanks Bro

1 Like

Re: My Car Gives A Clicking Sound On Movement by diportivo: 11:03pm On May 18, 2016
I think i know this clicking sound dat u mean,as a former mercury villager owner

The more the rev,d more the sound right?

Think back,and try to remember if it started making dat sound after the underneath in front hit the ground hard

Mine started dis very annoying clicking sound after hitting and uneven road,and it remained till i sold it

Why?twas hard to make my mech understand that particular sound....he just didnt know which sound i was talking about

If my analysis makes sense,walahii,na so u go dey use am o

Altho i av one "joker" for u....play it and d sound might disappear
Re: My Car Gives A Clicking Sound On Movement by princemillla(m): 3:15am On May 19, 2016
diportivo:
I think i know this clicking sound dat u mean,as a former mercury villager owner

The more the rev,d more the sound right?

Think back,and try to remember if it started making dat sound after the underneath in front hit the ground hard

Mine started dis very annoying clicking sound after hitting and uneven road,and it remained till i sold it

Why?twas hard to make my mech understand that particular sound....he just didnt know which sound i was talking about

If my analysis makes sense,walahii,na so u go dey use am o

Altho i av one "joker" for u....play it and d sound might disappear

Gaskiya walahi you get am fa!

The more the Rev the more the sound. My panel beater av checked all my exhaust thinking it's leaking. He couldn't spot anything. But I think I will av to check the entire legs then. Cuz I am suspecting the breaks seems to be active (holding the wheel kind of). Tnx for the clarification on that. Atleast I now know it's not from my engine or from the exhaust. Me I dey fear ooo. My engine is still as brand as new from Manufacturer. Wish GAZZUZZ can buy it grin
Re: My Car Gives A Clicking Sound On Movement by eromspete(m): 5:04am On May 19, 2016
Check your CV joints and drive axle.
Might be bad.

1 Like

Re: My Car Gives A Clicking Sound On Movement by diportivo: 7:04am On May 19, 2016
princemillla:

Gaskiya walahi you get am fa!

The more the Rev the more the sound. My panel beater av checked all my exhaust thinking it's leaking. He couldn't spot anything. But I think I will av to check the entire legs then. Cuz I am suspecting the breaks seems to be active (holding the wheel kind of). Tnx for the clarification on that. Atleast I now know it's not from my engine or from the exhaust. Me I dey fear ooo. My engine is still as brand as new from Manufacturer. Wish GAZZUZZ can buy it grin

Bros,its not ur brake,not ur cv joint,not ur wheel bearings etc etc......these parts either dont give a clicking sound when faulty,or d said clicking sound isnt synonymous with how high u revv the car

Its from the exhaust manifold in front

Its not leaking,but something is clicking inside

Check 1,av someone revv it while u stay infront of the car...u shld notice it

Check 2,check underneath d car from the front.the exhaust manifold infront is very obvious.check if the aluminum padding is bent inwards,or has scraping signs,dat should be the "joker"

Goodluck trying to get it fixed tho....i didnt bother wen mine started....
Re: My Car Gives A Clicking Sound On Movement by princemillla(m): 10:34am On May 19, 2016
diportivo:

Bros,its not ur brake,not ur cv joint,not ur wheel bearings etc etc......these parts either dont give a clicking sound when faulty,or d said clicking sound isnt synonymous with how high u revv the car

Its from the exhaust manifold in front

Its not leaking,but something is clicking inside

Check 1,av someone revv it while u stay infront of the car...u shld notice it

Check 2,check underneath d car from the front.the exhaust manifold infront is very obvious.check if the aluminum padding is bent inwards,or has scraping signs,dat should be the "joker"

Goodluck trying to get it fixed tho....i didnt bother wen mine started....

Tnx Bro appreciate!

U just pour coolant for my mind sha
Re: My Car Gives A Clicking Sound On Movement by Burger01(m): 6:39am On May 22, 2016
princemillla:

Tnx Bro appreciate!

U just pour coolant for my mind sha
Bruhs, give us update abeg. Has the problem been solved. We learn from your feedback and update.. Thanks bruh smiley
Re: My Car Gives A Clicking Sound On Movement by princemillla(m): 7:56am On May 22, 2016
Burger01:
Bruhs, give us update abeg. Has the problem been solved. We learn from your feedback and update.. Thanks bruh smiley

No it has not been done. Just took the car to my brother (my mech) for proper inspection. Will feed the house back on the cause
Re: My Car Gives A Clicking Sound On Movement by Burger01(m): 8:16am On May 22, 2016
princemillla:

No it has not been done. Just took the car to my brother (my mech) for proper inspection. Will feed the house back on the cause
Okay. smiley

(1) (Reply)

O7 Camry Tyre Pressure Monitor Display Issues And Error Code P0441 Issue / How Lightning Struck Me In My Bedroom...cos Of Charger / Passat Gearbox

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.