Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,579 members, 7,809,097 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:02 PM

Please Help With White Soup Recipe! - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Please Help With White Soup Recipe! (7893 Views)

My Garden Egg, Cabbage, And Egusi Soup Recipe (with PHOTOS) / Recipe For Losing Weight..... Lose 12kg In Two Weeks / How To Make White Soup? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help With White Soup Recipe! by ayde: 9:45am On Aug 18, 2009
Does anyone in the house know how to cook White Soup? I really need to get the recipe and the steps,'cos i'm hosting my in-laws-to-be in a fortnight or so, and i want to give them a good home cooking. Thanks.
Re: Please Help With White Soup Recipe! by anochie: 11:15am On Aug 18, 2009
is it nsala soup? n yr in-laws are they igbos
Re: Please Help With White Soup Recipe! by ayde: 11:19am On Aug 18, 2009
Yes, my in-laws are Igbo from Imo state, which one is nsala?
Re: Please Help With White Soup Recipe! by anochie: 12:04pm On Aug 18, 2009
its igbos white soup which dey eat with pounded yam. is that what u are asking of
Re: Please Help With White Soup Recipe! by chiejik(f): 12:42pm On Aug 18, 2009
ingredient,
1. meat
2.yam
3. maggi
4. uziza leave
5. water
method
wash your meat,put to boil saeson with salt and maggi,add water allow to be soft.
pound your already boiled yam,then add to the already cooked meat, allow to boil then add your seasons like crayfish salt to taste maggi then cver the pot.add your uziza leave allow to boli for five mins then bring it down.
NB
THE AMOUNT OF WATER ADDED DETARMINES THE QUANTITY OF YAM TO BE ADDED.
Re: Please Help With White Soup Recipe! by ayde: 1:29pm On Aug 18, 2009
anochie:

its igbos white soup which dey eat with pounded yam. is that what u are asking of

@anochei, yes it is,. The one you eat with pounded yam. tanx

chiejik:

ingredient,
1. meat
2.yam
3. maggi
4. uziza leave
5. water
method
wash your meat,put to boil saeson with salt and maggi,add water allow to be soft.
pound your already boiled yam,then add to the already cooked meat, allow to boil then add your seasons like crayfish salt to taste maggi then cver the pot.add your uziza leave allow to boli for five mins then bring it down.
NB
THE AMOUNT OF WATER ADDED DETARMINES THE QUANTITY OF YAM TO BE ADDED.

@chiejik, tanx for your response. Please how can i get the uziza leaf? and also, which meat is better to cook it with? cow meat or goat?
Re: Please Help With White Soup Recipe! by chiejik(f): 2:19pm On Aug 18, 2009
go to the market just tell them uziza leave ,it has this lovely sent.then the meat goat meat preferably but if they dont eat gaot meat make it beef then add intestine to it.
Re: Please Help With White Soup Recipe! by anochie: 2:29pm On Aug 18, 2009
the best meat is either goat meat or chicken either frozen or live chicken

preparation(ingredients)
1 meat as mentioned above
2 dry fish
3pepper
4 uziza leaf
5 utazi leaf
6 crayfish
7 maggi n okpei(optional but it makes d soup to come out well)
8 ashi or small pounded yam  that will serve as a thickner

note to remenber pls d utazi n uziza will not be muchoooo just 10naira utazi cos it has a little bitter taste and 20naira uziza cos of d flavour

boil yr meat to be soft n ensure u season with salt ,maggi n small onions
as the meat is gd fr eating, add yr well washed dry fish, grinded crayfish and pepper, grinded okpei n maggi.small ashi or small pounded yam fr thickner salt to taste.
u can add a little red oil and den wash n cut yr utazi n uziza leaf and add waooooo by now d soup is making meaning by sending a pleasant aroma outside.allow d poudedyam to dissolve very well.
u can add pepper a little bit of pepper to make it a little pepperish n ushhhhhhhh yr soup is ready
serve with pounded yam in yr in-laws will be singing praises to u
pls make sure u send my own to me by posting it here
Re: Please Help With White Soup Recipe! by ayde: 2:54pm On Aug 18, 2009
Hey, thanks anochei and chiejik, u have really helped me out here. i will go by the step by step instructions and don't worry will send your portion through this thread. smiley, one luv!
Re: Please Help With White Soup Recipe! by Diva1(f): 2:56pm On Aug 18, 2009
ayde:

Does anyone in the house know how to cook White Soup? I really need to get the recipe and the steps,'cos i'm hosting my in-laws-to-be in a fortnight or so, and i want to give them a good home cooking. Thanks.

Was wondering which one was white soup. Uziza is good but if you can't find it, it doesn't really change the taste of the nsala.

As for the best meat for nsala soup, I think fresh fish either tilapia or catfish or if there are others is the best. Chicken and goat meat can be used as well.
Re: Please Help With White Soup Recipe! by Fhemmmy: 5:43pm On Aug 18, 2009
I just wanna see what white soup looks like
Someone pls, post the pix
Re: Please Help With White Soup Recipe! by ayde: 9:29am On Aug 19, 2009
Diva1:

Was wondering which one was white soup. Uziza is good but if you can't find it, it doesn't really change the taste of the nsala.

As for the best meat for nsala soup, I think fresh fish either tilapia or catfish or if there are others is the best. Chicken and goat meat can be used as well.

tanx gurl, una all do well. I'm gon cook a sample of the soup this weekend, so that i don't f@#$k up on that day, smiley
Re: Please Help With White Soup Recipe! by ayde: 9:52am On Aug 19, 2009
Fhemmmy:

I just wanna see what white soup looks like
Someone pls, post the pix

Don't really know why it's called White Soup, maybe because you don't use palm oil to cook it, but i learnt it's called Nsala soup, anyway, it looks something like this and very delicioussssssssssssss, mmmmhhhh,  wink

Re: Please Help With White Soup Recipe! by chiejik(f): 1:48pm On Aug 19, 2009
looks nice,yea that is it.because their is no palm oil on it kiss kiss kiss
Re: Please Help With White Soup Recipe! by tytylayor: 8:32am On Aug 21, 2009
can someone use poundo yam instead d real pounding with pestle and mortar?

and for how long can d soup stay?
Re: Please Help With White Soup Recipe! by ayde: 9:49am On Aug 21, 2009
tytylayor:

can someone use poundo yam instead d real pounding with pestle and mortar?

and for how long can d soup stay?

I'm not really sure about dat, but i think you can as long as it thickens the soup a bit. Soups in general can stay for as long as 3-4days when kept in the freezer or frigde (dat is if light dey o undecided), so White soups should'nt be an exception.

(1) (Reply)

Pls Help, Where Can I Get Fresh Oyster In Lagos? / Why Are Bottled Drinks Not Always Filled To The Brim / Please How Do I Prepare Fried Rice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.