Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,936 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:19 AM

Armsgate: Metuh Was Paid N400m – okupe - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Armsgate: Metuh Was Paid N400m – okupe (28189 Views)

Clinton Lost Because She Wanted To Edit The Holy Bible – Doyin Okupe / Dasuki’s Loyalists Threaten To Release Videos Of Beneficiaries Of Armsgate Fund / Armsgate: Metuh Was Paid N400m - Okupe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Armsgate: Metuh Was Paid N400m – okupe by Nobody: 6:34pm On May 18, 2016
Doyin Okupe, the erstwhile Senior Special Assistant to former President Goodluck Jonathan on Wednesday, May 18, 2016 appeared as the third defence witness (DW3) for Olisa Metuh, the embattled national spokesperson of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP who is standing trial over his alleged role in the infamous $2.1 billion arms deal involving the former National Security Adviser, NSA, Col. Sambo Dasuki (retd).

Metuh is being prosecuted alongside his company, Destra Investment Limited, on a 7-count charge before Justice Okon Abang of the Federal High Court, Abuja by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC.
He is accused of allegedly receiving N400 million (four hundred million naira) from former NSA, Col. Dasuki (retd).

At an earlier sitting on Tuesday, May 17, 2016, the defence had presented Colex Ifeanyi Odenigbo, a consultant with Q-time Nigeria Limited, who had told the court that, there was a remittance of N450million from the Office of the NSA to Destra Nig Limited; the source of which he said was not made known to him.

At the resumed sitting today, Okupe while being led in evidence by Metuh’s counsel, Onyechi Ikpeazu, SAN, narrated how he was part of the meeting in which Metuh made a presentation on what could be done to launder the image of the then president and that of the PDP.

“After the meeting, the president said he will make a directive for Metuh to be mobilised with funds to carry out the project. The next day, Metuh called me to tell me that his account had been credited with N400m,” Okupe said.

Under cross examination by counsel to EFCC, Sylvanus Tahir, Okupe, admitted that, government institutions and agencies are not part of the organs of the party.

When shown one of the exhibits (e-payment mandate) from the Office of the NSA, detailing the transfer of the sum N400m to Destra Investment Limited, Okupe claimed he does not understand the document neither does he know what it is all about.

Thereafter, Ikpeazu sought for an adjournment on the grounds that Metuh has a health challenge.

Consequently, Justice Abang adjourned to May 19, 2016 for continuation of defence.

http://saharareporters.com/2016/05/18/armsgate-metuh-was-paid-n400m-okupe

3 Likes

Re: Armsgate: Metuh Was Paid N400m – okupe by DRISKLEF(m): 6:38pm On May 18, 2016
You're all thesame! Umbrella or Broom.

What about the money APC used to fond their presidential campaigns, why are they yet to tell us how they got it These people thinks they can continue pulling a wool over our eyes, nigerians are not that gullible!!! So APC should also know that without prosecuting or charging Amaechi to court, they have no moral jurisdiction or whatsover to accuse Muteh. Period.

SMH.. Nigerians are suffering and its not even funny.

51 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Armsgate: Metuh Was Paid N400m – okupe by Jazzlite: 6:41pm On May 18, 2016
go after GEJ and stop all dis nekkid dances

11 Likes

Re: Armsgate: Metuh Was Paid N400m – okupe by Adminisher: 6:53pm On May 18, 2016
DRISKLEF:

What about the money APC used to fond their presidential campaigns, why are they yet to tell us how they got it These people thinks they can continue pulling a wool over our eyes, nigerians are not that gullible!!! So APC should also know that without prosecuting or charging Amaechi to court, they have no moral jurisdiction or whatsover to accuse Muteh. Period.

It is very pathetic for you guys to keep posting comments like this. Apart from the fact that it is getting stale it is also self pitying and futile. EFCC welcomes all sorts of petitions and whistle blowing and you should report APC cases of corruption to that body.

172 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Armsgate: Metuh Was Paid N400m – okupe by DRISKLEF(m): 7:04pm On May 18, 2016
Adminisher:

It is very pathetic for you guys to keep posting comments like this. Apart from the fact that it is getting stale it is also self pitying and futile. EFCC welcomes all sorts of petitions and whistle blowing and you should report APC cases of corruption to that body.
What EFCC is this one talking about ....is it thesame already compromised and biased body? Smh...

You know whats pitying? Your pathetic lack of proper show of decorum!
Now run back to the hole you came from, busboy.

48 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Armsgate: Metuh Was Paid N400m – okupe by Temidayo9(m): 7:12pm On May 18, 2016
DRISKLEF:

What about the money APC used to fond their presidential campaigns, why are they yet to tell us how they got it These people thinks they can continue pulling a wool over our eyes, nigerians are not that gullible!!! So APC should also know that without prosecuting or charging Amaechi to court, they have no moral jurisdiction or whatsover to
accuse Muteh. Period.

Leave thief for police..... why any news about tief always cause ur headache?

86 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Armsgate: Metuh Was Paid N400m – okupe by wasco24: 7:12pm On May 18, 2016
angry
Re: Armsgate: Metuh Was Paid N400m – okupe by greatiyk4u(m): 7:21pm On May 18, 2016
DRISKLEF:

If this is all your brain can articulate in response to the post, then I strongly advice you pad your food with more IQ improving diets.

131 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Armsgate: Metuh Was Paid N400m – okupe by DRISKLEF(m): 7:24pm On May 18, 2016
greatiyk4u:

If this is all your brain can articulate in response to the post, then I strongly advice you pad your diet with more IQ improving diets.
balderdash!!!

Acting like a d1ck wont make yours any bigger bruh! sad

14 Likes

Re: Armsgate: Metuh Was Paid N400m – okupe by Nobody: 7:38pm On May 18, 2016
But where is lalasticlala sef

Day don break for Dr. Doyin Okupe as witness in Metuh's case.

They said Metuh has health challenges undecided

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Armsgate: Metuh Was Paid N400m – okupe by OlujobaSamuel: 7:39pm On May 18, 2016
okupe no understand the transaction details? ok now. we go see down here witness all.

1 Like

Re: Armsgate: Metuh Was Paid N400m – okupe by youngeagle(m): 8:17pm On May 18, 2016
The Bible said fear North but I will tell you to fear my sophisticated brothers,a chameleon can't even transform like them. .

6 Likes

Re: Armsgate: Metuh Was Paid N400m – okupe by Nobody: 8:38pm On May 18, 2016
greatiyk4u:

If this is all your brain can articulate in response to the post, then I strongly advice you pad your food with more IQ improving diets.

Oh Laaaaawd!

69 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Armsgate: Metuh Was Paid N400m – okupe by kinziking(m): 9:34pm On May 18, 2016
Just watching in 4D
Re: Armsgate: Metuh Was Paid N400m – okupe by SmithHumble50: 9:34pm On May 18, 2016
I don tire for all dis things
Re: Armsgate: Metuh Was Paid N400m – okupe by Nobody: 9:37pm On May 18, 2016
Why can't buhari probe apc election campaign funding?

10 Likes

Re: Armsgate: Metuh Was Paid N400m – okupe by dunkem21(m): 9:37pm On May 18, 2016
cheesy .. A man with health challengesgrin

Next Tori abeg ..

5 Likes

Re: Armsgate: Metuh Was Paid N400m – okupe by shammah1(m): 9:38pm On May 18, 2016
And so?
Re: Armsgate: Metuh Was Paid N400m – okupe by seunlayi(m): 9:38pm On May 18, 2016
I knw this man is a tool for apc when he went to begging obj

9 Likes

Re: Armsgate: Metuh Was Paid N400m – okupe by eedriyz(m): 9:39pm On May 18, 2016
Okupe following OBJ's advice to be sincere

9 Likes

Re: Armsgate: Metuh Was Paid N400m – okupe by YoursGEJ(m): 9:39pm On May 18, 2016
greatiyk4u:

Ah ah why you wicked like this? Him collect your woman? ROTFL

Everybody is abandoning the 'hero of democracy's' ship. Mama Peace will be next. Who want bet? All the arrows are pointing to one man (ahem, my moniker, ahem)

Meanwhile, I'm just here watching the whole drama unfold. Abeg who get change? I wan buy popcorn aka guguru...the one wey I dey chop don almost finish

[img]http://i./qR6UR8K1Ia2BO.gif[/img]

30 Likes

Re: Armsgate: Metuh Was Paid N400m – okupe by bright007(f): 9:39pm On May 18, 2016
Even as Nigerians back President Buhari to bring corrupt leaders to book, one question is desperately begging for answers, Why is the fight against corruption limited to members of the opposition?

why is the petition against the fly of Ubiama a.k.a Amaechi gathering dust in the office of the EFCC?

why are the fathers of corruption e.g Obasanjo, Atiku, Tinubu left to be walking freely even after glaring evidences against them?.....,oh!last time I checked, they are now members of APC: Association of present criminals

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Armsgate: Metuh Was Paid N400m – okupe by Beehshorp(m): 9:40pm On May 18, 2016
Armsgate dasukigate ifite gate unizik gate festac gate amuwo odofin gate.. No consine us again... U were not voted in to keep on chasing rats while ur haus burns.

Shame on this administration everyone of it... Let the strike countdown begin...

But if u want my advice I'd tell u to leave GEJ alone... He gets more fans by the passing of each day

6 Likes

Re: Armsgate: Metuh Was Paid N400m – okupe by Nobody: 9:40pm On May 18, 2016
Adminisher:

Any petition to probe apc campaign funding is not granted by efcc.

5 Likes

Re: Armsgate: Metuh Was Paid N400m – okupe by MUVA(m): 9:40pm On May 18, 2016
"they sat down like they were going to have lunch and shared $2billion" -Buhari (2016)

12 Likes

Re: Armsgate: Metuh Was Paid N400m – okupe by Emeskhalifa(m): 9:40pm On May 18, 2016
think its high tym GEJ is bein brought in for interrogation.
he shouldn't be arrested ooo but bring him in for questioning.

2 Likes

Re: Armsgate: Metuh Was Paid N400m – okupe by chikel2000(m): 9:41pm On May 18, 2016
We r watching

1 Like

Re: Armsgate: Metuh Was Paid N400m – okupe by Nobody: 9:41pm On May 18, 2016
They are all hiding under Jonathan's goodwill.

3 Likes

Re: Armsgate: Metuh Was Paid N400m – okupe by shogz89: 9:41pm On May 18, 2016
DRISKLEF:

you see your life.............

Outside embarassed embarassed embarassed cry

11 Likes

Re: Armsgate: Metuh Was Paid N400m – okupe by EbukaLive(m): 9:42pm On May 18, 2016
What is that name he said we should call him again? I can't remember... grin

3 Likes

Re: Armsgate: Metuh Was Paid N400m – okupe by nigflute(m): 9:43pm On May 18, 2016
I don't know who to believe in this case...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Scattered Body Parts Of Suicide Bombers After Attack In Borno (Graphic Photos) / Saraki Congratulates Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq, Kwara APC Governor-Elect / Gov. Amaechi Slams DSP Alamieyeseigha

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.