Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,474 members, 7,808,712 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:51 PM

Protesting Waba Addressing The Press In Abuja Today(Video) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Protesting Waba Addressing The Press In Abuja Today(Video) (32204 Views)

Catholic Priest Stops Governor Samuel Ortom From Addressing The Church In Benue / ''You Are A Favorite Of The Press'' - Buhari Jokes With Okowa (Photo) / Nnamdi Kanu Speaks On Behalf Of Muslims In Court Today (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Protesting Waba Addressing The Press In Abuja Today(Video) by metroparrot: 6:37pm On May 18, 2016
The Nigerian Labour Congress, NLC led by Alliyu Waba commenced its nationwide strike in protest of the government’s increase of petrol price and electricity tariffs.

See video of what Waba told Protesters in Abuja Today:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3eKqpRJhp4E

http://www.metronaija.com/2016/05/video-nlc-president-waba-addressing.html

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Protesting Waba Addressing The Press In Abuja Today(Video) by AmenJoan(f): 6:59pm On May 18, 2016
Great man. I spend 7000 to fill my tank currently as against the 5k it used to take. I drive an hour to work, another hour from work daily. A full tank of fuel takes me for roughly a week. So currently, I spend 28000 on transportation alone, not counting other miscellaneous about the car o. I work with FG and 28k is more than one-third of my salary. So which way naija

38 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Protesting Waba Addressing The Press In Abuja Today(Video) by francisbarrack(m): 7:00pm On May 18, 2016
Most Nigerians don't realise we've been living in The Matrix. This subsidy removal is the red pill that may wake us up to reality.
We are poor. We are broke. We've been raped, pillaged, looted and left for dead.
All these years our economy has been sustained on the junk food of corruption. We have kwashiorkor but because we look chubby we think we are healthy.
Those two bedrooms in Abuja going for N700 million. Those make up artists charging 500k and pre-wedding photo shoots for 700k. Aso ebi for 90k. Buying Rolexes and Ferraris. Range Rover Sport all over Lagos like keke napep.
It is all fake. It's all a mirage. We've all been living off the spoils of corruption. That's why the country is so hard now. No money circulating. Because no money to steal and rent flats and shops for girlfriends. For civil servants to pay bogus tithes of N500k. For senators to spray dollars at their daughters' weddings. For lagos big boys to spend N2m every Friday night at nightclubs.
It's time to face reality. The party is over. Now we may see the real Nigeria and Nigerians.
Now that money will go into our roads and bridges and hospitals. It will benefit those who don't have a rich corrupt uncle with connections in oil and gas. Those who can't travel to Dubai to celebrate birthdays. Those who don't know what Coldstone ice cream tastes like.
Hopefully the real estate markets will crash. The thieves with 15 houses in abuja will be forced to sell them fast for cash. I would prefer if EFCC seized and auctioned them, though.
All those in the service industry will have to revaluate their pricing. You can't charge 500k to paint faces anymore; free money don finish.
Welcome to the real world

180 Likes 35 Shares

Re: Protesting Waba Addressing The Press In Abuja Today(Video) by clevadani: 7:00pm On May 18, 2016
These labour guys should be more reasonable. The subsidy is not benefiting the populace and it'll be more favourable to all if it is removed and the money invested in infrastruture.
I was against d removal by d previous regime because I knew that they would loot d money and they didn't disappoint. But in Buhari I trust.

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Protesting Waba Addressing The Press In Abuja Today(Video) by GWMI(m): 7:01pm On May 18, 2016
This man is A1 the the best.He have completely redeemed the name of the NLC to the nigeria masses.God Bless Wahba.God Bless Nigeria.Thanks.

50 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Protesting Waba Addressing The Press In Abuja Today(Video) by SosaHD(m): 7:01pm On May 18, 2016
v
Re: Protesting Waba Addressing The Press In Abuja Today(Video) by RichDad1(m): 7:01pm On May 18, 2016
You're on your own.

No going back on subsidy removal.
#istandwithbuhari cos #itrustbuhari

Who is with me on this?

38 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Protesting Waba Addressing The Press In Abuja Today(Video) by mcdonald247(m): 7:01pm On May 18, 2016
You are on your own

3 Likes

Re: Protesting Waba Addressing The Press In Abuja Today(Video) by olaolulazio(m): 7:02pm On May 18, 2016
Sai Buhari!

4 Likes

Re: Protesting Waba Addressing The Press In Abuja Today(Video) by vykte(m): 7:02pm On May 18, 2016
subsidy removal, right move, wrong timing

17 Likes

Re: Protesting Waba Addressing The Press In Abuja Today(Video) by charles316: 7:02pm On May 18, 2016
Lol
Re: Protesting Waba Addressing The Press In Abuja Today(Video) by wayne4loan: 7:02pm On May 18, 2016
Subsidy must return ... Imagine filling my tank on 145 per liter ... may God help us

4 Likes

Re: Protesting Waba Addressing The Press In Abuja Today(Video) by Topiipii(m): 7:03pm On May 18, 2016
francisbarrack:
Most Nigerians don't realise we've been living in The Matrix. This subsidy removal is the red pill that may wake us up to reality.
We are poor. We are broke. We've been raped, pillaged, looted and left for dead.
All these years our economy has been sustained on the junk food of corruption. We have kwashiorkor but because we look chubby we think we are healthy.
Those two bedrooms in Abuja going for N700 million. Those make up artists charging 500k and pre-wedding photo shoots for 700k. Aso ebi for 90k. Buying Rolexes and Ferraris. Range Rover Sport all over Lagos like keke napep.
It is all fake. It's all a mirage. We've all been living off the spoils of corruption. That's why the country is so hard now. No money circulating. Because no money to steal and rent flats and shops for girlfriends. For civil servants to pay bogus tithes of N500k. For senators to spray dollars at their daughters' weddings. For lagos big boys to spend N2m every Friday night at nightclubs.
It's time to face reality. The party is over. Now we may see the real Nigeria and Nigerians.
Now that money will go into our roads and bridges and hospitals. It will benefit those who don't have a rich corrupt uncle with connections in oil and gas. Those who can't travel to Dubai to celebrate birthdays. Those who don't know what Coldstone ice cream tastes like.
Hopefully the real estate markets will crash. The thieves with 15 houses in abuja will be forced to sell them fast for cash. I would prefer if EFCC seized and auctioned them, though.
All those in the service industry will have to revaluate their pricing. You can't charge 500k to paint faces anymore; free money don finish.
Word!

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Protesting Waba Addressing The Press In Abuja Today(Video) by opius: 7:04pm On May 18, 2016
RichDad1:
You're on your own.
No going back on subsidy removal. #istsndwithbuhari cos #itrustbuhari

Who is with me on this?

SATAN , HERDSMEN etc

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Protesting Waba Addressing The Press In Abuja Today(Video) by Nobody: 7:04pm On May 18, 2016
I hope the NLC is aware we do not have money.

Even back in 2012....we did not have the money for subsidy. Yet....the NLC went and mobilised Nigerians to protest against subsidy removal then because the sad thing is most Nigerians think of how they would get their daily bread....not how their daily bread is made/how we get the ingredients for the daily bread.

At least back in 2012...we had a ''little ingredient for the bread''. Now the shelves are nearly bare. And let's be honest...this APC govt , who by the way is made up of people who opposed the subsidy removal in 2012...have seen the light...thanks to low oil prices...and have raised prices. And are now saving money.

NLC should stop living in dreamland. We are not a rich nation. Rich nations are not dependent on one stream of revenue.(Ask any billionaire in Nigeria if he just has one stream of revenue....s/he would look at you strangely).Rich nations are dependent on innovation and manufacturing. And the sooner NLC and Nigerians realise that economics is not about sharing the money from sale of resources....but using those resources to develop a manufacturing society...the better for all of us.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Protesting Waba Addressing The Press In Abuja Today(Video) by StevenJay01(m): 7:04pm On May 18, 2016
Beware of burantai
Re: Protesting Waba Addressing The Press In Abuja Today(Video) by pretydiva(f): 7:04pm On May 18, 2016
Dont ve mb 2 watch d video

1 Like

Re: Protesting Waba Addressing The Press In Abuja Today(Video) by skyo78(m): 7:05pm On May 18, 2016
RichDad1:
You're on your own.

#istsndwithbuhari cos #itrustbuhari

Who is with me on this?

The government has repeatedly told you that they did not remove subsidy. But rather did fuel price modulation/adjustment .

You are still here shouting "No going back on fuel subsidy removal"

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Protesting Waba Addressing The Press In Abuja Today(Video) by Johnsinia(m): 7:05pm On May 18, 2016
RichDad1:
You're on your own.

Who is with me on this?
unfortunately, we r nt as illiterrate as u and ur goat president

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Protesting Waba Addressing The Press In Abuja Today(Video) by mbaboy(m): 7:05pm On May 18, 2016
Best way to identify a dullard
RichDad1:
You're on your own.

Who is with me on this?

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Protesting Waba Addressing The Press In Abuja Today(Video) by Segadem(m): 7:05pm On May 18, 2016
OK
Re: Protesting Waba Addressing The Press In Abuja Today(Video) by funmilade4real(m): 7:05pm On May 18, 2016
RichDad1:
You're on your own.

Who is with me on this?
I'm with U

IstandwithPresidentMuhamaduBuhari

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Protesting Waba Addressing The Press In Abuja Today(Video) by dominion001(m): 7:06pm On May 18, 2016
RichDad1:
You're on your own.

Who is with me on this?
only d buhari

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Protesting Waba Addressing The Press In Abuja Today(Video) by yusufu16: 7:06pm On May 18, 2016
francisbarrack:

You have spoken my mind.

4 Likes

Re: Protesting Waba Addressing The Press In Abuja Today(Video) by skyo78(m): 7:07pm On May 18, 2016
RichDad1:
You're on your own.

Who is with me on this?

The government has repeatedly told you that they did not remove subsidy. But rather did fuel price modulation/adjustment .

You are still here shouting "No going back on fuel subsidy removal"

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Protesting Waba Addressing The Press In Abuja Today(Video) by zeusdgrt(m): 7:07pm On May 18, 2016
RichDad1:
You're on your own.

Who is with me on this?
OYO!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Protesting Waba Addressing The Press In Abuja Today(Video) by FagsamPHP(m): 7:07pm On May 18, 2016
Buhari is a Dullard!!!!!!!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Protesting Waba Addressing The Press In Abuja Today(Video) by HighKing01(m): 7:07pm On May 18, 2016
F

1 Like

Re: Protesting Waba Addressing The Press In Abuja Today(Video) by Nobody: 7:08pm On May 18, 2016
Negotiating with d FG on increment of minimum wage is d best move, not strike.
NLC has to understand that d fuel price hike is a necessity, not some kinda punishment d govt just feels like giving to us. It has notin to do with subsidy removal but simply LACK OF FOREX.
Ok let's say that d FG suddenly reverses pump price to N86.5. Marketers still won't get forex for importatn from CBN because there's no money. They're still gonna source for it at unofficial rates and WON'T sell at that N86.5 because they'll be making losses. So fuel will still be scarce n we'll still queue to buy at N180-300.
Forex reserves have been depleted and int'l price of oil has slumped.

Total deregulatn is our last hope.

Btw, where was NLC when workers were being owed for months w/o pay?

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Cross River PDP Primaries Turn Violent. Policeman Shot Dead, 2 Wounded (Photos) / Terrorists: Wipe Them Off The Earth – Buhari Tells Nigerian Army Officers / 'Emergency Holy Man' - Deji Adeyanju Reacts To Obi attending PFN Meeting (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.