Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,312 members, 7,780,750 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:13 PM

Egyptair Flight With 69 On Board Disappears - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Egyptair Flight With 69 On Board Disappears (18747 Views)

Ethiopian Vs Egyptair Vs Rwandair On International Route? / Can I Travel To Berlin In A Flight With My Skukki (dog) / Nigerian Student Sues EgyptAir For Wrong Routing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Egyptair Flight With 69 On Board Disappears by Imaoima: 10:19am On May 19, 2016
flight disappearance agian in dis new era?
Re: Egyptair Flight With 69 On Board Disappears by maleeks(m): 10:19am On May 19, 2016
It might have been trapped in the Bermuda triangle
Re: Egyptair Flight With 69 On Board Disappears by Rexnegro(m): 10:24am On May 19, 2016
wallex1983:
NOT AGAIN Plsssss

There are enough problems already to deal with. sad angry shocked angry lipsrsealed

May the Lord continue to protect me, my family members and even you
Amen in Jesus name
Re: Egyptair Flight With 69 On Board Disappears by Speakdatruth: 10:26am On May 19, 2016
Mskrisx:
Chaiii Jesus oooo cry why all this nau? Everybody is just going.

My dear mother I wonder why u had to go too cry
This
week is coming to an end am still hoping it's not true that u died on Saturday..

Now I understand how it feels to lose a parent. sad
eyah sorry ndo, take heart
Re: Egyptair Flight With 69 On Board Disappears by Rexnegro(m): 10:26am On May 19, 2016
I just Hope it will be found back in Jesus name
Re: Egyptair Flight With 69 On Board Disappears by bayocanny: 10:28am On May 19, 2016
dvee2:
"This Buhari again"
Bro abeg subscribe sense na
Re: Egyptair Flight With 69 On Board Disappears by Mskrisx(f): 10:31am On May 19, 2016
Speakdatruth:
eyah sorry ndo, take heart

Speak thanks a lot dear.
Re: Egyptair Flight With 69 On Board Disappears by bodeemen(f): 10:31am On May 19, 2016
EgyptAir flight MS804 from Paris to Cairo disappears from radar
An EgyptAir flight from Paris to Cairo has disappeared from radar with 66 people on board, the airline says.

The Airbus A320 went missing over the eastern Mediterranean, soon after entering Egyptian airspace.

http://newsdiaryonline.com/wp-content/themes/goodnews/framework/scripts/timthumb.php?src=http://newsdiaryonline.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/EgyptAir-plane.jpg&h=300&w=450&zc=1

http://newsdiaryonline.com/egyptair-flight-ms804-paris-cairo-disappears-radar/
Re: Egyptair Flight With 69 On Board Disappears by Speakdatruth: 10:34am On May 19, 2016
Mskrisx:

Speak thanks a lot dear.
u alone can console urself, cry if u need to buh don't cry too much. d memories lives on
Re: Egyptair Flight With 69 On Board Disappears by LegendaryArnold(m): 10:39am On May 19, 2016
I hope Mohammed El Neny isn't there.
Re: Egyptair Flight With 69 On Board Disappears by WRAKE(m): 10:40am On May 19, 2016
Dawdy:
Didn't it fly through Bermuda triangle?
U dont pass thru bermuda from paris to egypt
Re: Egyptair Flight With 69 On Board Disappears by ariy(m): 10:43am On May 19, 2016
Aviation officials: EgyptAir plane carrying 66 has crashed

CAIRO (AP) -- An EgyptAir flight from Paris to Cairo with 66 passengers and crew on board crashed in the Mediterranean Sea early Thursday morning off the Greek island of Crete, Egyptian and Greek officials said.

Egyptian Prime Minister Sherif Ismail said it was too early to say whether a technical problem or a terror attack caused the plane to crash. "We cannot rule anything out," he told reporters at Cairo airport.

EgyptAir Flight 804 was lost from radar at around 2:45 a.m. local time when it was flying at 37,000 feet, according to the airline. It said the Airbus A320 vanished 10 miles (16 kilometers) after it entered Egyptian airspace, around 280 kilometers (175 miles) off Egypt's coastline north of the Mediterranean port city of Alexandria. Egyptian aviation officials said the plane crashed and that a search for debris was now underway.

The "possibility that the plane crashed has been confirmed," as the plane hasn't landed in any of the nearby airports, said the officials, who spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to speak to the media.

Konstantinos Lintzerakos , director of Greece Civil Aviation Authority, gave a roughly similar account to that given by EgyptAir. In comments to the private Antenna television, he said Greek air traffic controllers were in contact with the pilot who reported no problems as the aircraft cruised at 37,000 feet, traveling at 519 mph (830 kilometers per hour).

The controllers tried to make contact with the pilot 10 miles (16 kilometers) before the plane exited the Greek Flight Information Region, or FIR. The pilot did not respond, he said, and they continued to try to speak to him until 3:29 a.m. local time (2:29 a.m. Egyptian time) when the plane disappeared from the radar inside Egypt's FIR, 11 kilometers (7 miles) southeast of the island of Crete.

Egyptian military aircraft and navy ships were taking part in a search operation off Egypt's Mediterranean coast to locate the debris of the plane, which was carrying 56 passengers, including one child and two babies, and 10 crew members. The pilot had more than 6,000 flight hours.

Greece also joined the search and rescue operation with two aircraft, officials at the Hellenic National Defense General Staff said. They said that helicopters were on standby on the southern island of Karpathos for potential rescue or recovery operations.

French Foreign Minister Jean-Marc Ayrault offered to send military planes and boats to join the Egyptian search for wreckage.

"We are at the disposition of the Egyptian authorities with our military capacities, with our planes, our boats to help in the search for this plane," he said. He spoke after French President Francois Hollande held an emergency meeting at the Elysee Palace.

Hollande spoke with Egyptian president Abdel-Fattah el-Sissi on the phone and agreed to "closely cooperate to establish as soon as possible the circumstances" surrounding the incident, according to a statement issued in Paris.

In Cairo, el-Sissi convened an emergency meeting of the National Security Council, the country's highest security body. The council includes the prime minister and the defense, foreign and interior ministers in addition to the chiefs of the intelligence agencies.

Those on board, according to EgyptAir, included 15 French passengers, 30 Egyptians, two Iraqis, one Briton, one Kuwaiti, one Saudi, one Sudanese, one Chadian, one Portuguese, one Belgian, one Algerian and one Canadian. Ayrault confirmed that 15 French citizens were on board.

Egypt's state-run newspaper Al-Ahram quoted an airport official as saying the pilot did not send a distress call, and that last contact with the plane was made 10 minutes before it disappeared from radar. It did not identify the official.

Airbus is aware of the disappearance, but "we have no official information at this stage of the certitude of an accident," the company's spokesman Jacques Rocca said.

The Paris airport authority and the French civil aviation authority would not immediately comment.

Queries about the missing plane sent out to the U.S. Federal Aviation Agency were not returned early Thursday.

Around 15 relatives of passengers on board the missing flight have arrived at Cairo airport. Airport authorities brought doctors to the scene after several distressed family members collapsed.

In Paris, relatives of passengers on the EgyptAir flight started arriving at Charles de Gaulle Airport outside the French capital, where their loved ones were last seen alive.

A man and a woman, identified by airport staff as relatives of the flight's passengers, sat at an information desk near the EgyptAir counter Thursday at Charles de Gaulle Airport's Terminal 1. The woman was sobbing, holding her face in a handkerchief. They pair were led away by police and airport staff and did not speak to gathered journalists.

The Airbus A320 is a widely used twin-engine, single-aisle plane that operates on short and medium-haul routes. Nearly 4,000 A320s are currently in use around the world. The ubiquity of the A320 means the plane has been involved in several accidents over the years. The last deadly crash involving the plane was Germanwings Flight 9525, in which all 150 onboard died when one of the pilots intentionally crashed it in the French Alps.

An EgyptAir plane was hijacked and diverted to Cyprus in March. A man who admitted to the hijacking and is described by Cypriot authorities as "psychologically unstable" is in custody in Cyprus.

The incident renewed security concerns at Egyptian airports after a Russian passenger plane crashed in Sinai last October, killing all 224 people on board. Moscow said it was brought down by an explosive device, and a local branch of the Islamic State has claimed responsibility for planting it.

In 1999, EgyptAir Flight 990 crashed into the Atlantic Ocean near the Massachusetts island of Nantucket, killing all 217 people aboard, U.S. investigators filed a final report that concluded its co-pilot switched off the autopilot and pointed the Boeing 767 downward. But Egyptian officials rejected the notion of suicide altogether, insisting some mechanical reason caused the crash.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/egyptair-says-plane-carrying-69-disappeared-radar-034408751.html
Re: Egyptair Flight With 69 On Board Disappears by loomer: 10:43am On May 19, 2016
Mskrisx:

This
week is coming to an end am still hoping it's not true that u died on Saturday..

Kpele, its well.

God knows best.
Re: Egyptair Flight With 69 On Board Disappears by iamord(m): 10:44am On May 19, 2016
Alexk2:
Oh No... There is too much that science can't explain after all.
It's most definitely a terrorist attack
Re: Egyptair Flight With 69 On Board Disappears by selfemployed(m): 10:45am On May 19, 2016
Could it be that the extraterrestrial beings from other planets that kidnapped the Malaysian aircraft came for this one?
Re: Egyptair Flight With 69 On Board Disappears by iamord(m): 10:46am On May 19, 2016
adioolayi:
Why always Egyptian Airline.... Seems they are still battling with God's divine curse for punishing Israelites...
Abeg, avoid Egyptian Airlines!
you have bastardized common sense. Since Nigeria is going through alot of problems it's also safe to say that Nigeria is under God's divine curse too

2 Likes

Re: Egyptair Flight With 69 On Board Disappears by Nobody: 10:49am On May 19, 2016
RichDad1:
Hope no Nigerians on board?
Nigerian? or if Igbo man is not on board despite its from PAR to CAI
Re: Egyptair Flight With 69 On Board Disappears by brownlord: 10:52am On May 19, 2016
laprince:

Only government should care?
very dumb kid.

Idiat, tell me what can an ordinary citizen of a foreign country do to affect the fight against terrorism in Nigeria as mentioned by the person I quoted.
Re: Egyptair Flight With 69 On Board Disappears by Mskrisx(f): 10:52am On May 19, 2016
bayocanny:

Sorry dear, may her soul rest in perfect peace. I pray God should give the entire family members the fortitude to bear the loss...I can see you wanna be a billionaire
Re: Egyptair Flight With 69 On Board Disappears by Mskrisx(f): 10:56am On May 19, 2016
bayocanny:

Sorry dear, may her soul rest in perfect peace. I pray God should give the entire family members the fortitude to bear the loss...I can see you wanna be a billionaire

Amen ooo my dear d tin wey kill that my mama just wan wicked me o

That beautiful Anambra princess blessed with wonderful business ideas would have helped and mentored me till I got to my zenith.

But she took a bow..

What more can I say than...Dear lord it all belongs to you
Re: Egyptair Flight With 69 On Board Disappears by MOVERSMAG: 10:57am On May 19, 2016
Mskrisx:

This

Sorry Bro
Re: Egyptair Flight With 69 On Board Disappears by Davidifeanyi: 10:57am On May 19, 2016
Any flying object that crosses the Ancient Garden of Eden around the middle East with as little as 0.005 kilometre never returns. That location has been marked and made known to pilots/airlines but they sometimes mistakingly fly into that zone and that will be the end of it. Bermuda triangle or force have got nothing to do with the missing of this aircraft since its location is too far from that part of the world that this inccident took place Even the scientists knows very well about this but they cant do anything about it....
It is still a big Mistery till this day.
You can research if wana know more.
Re: Egyptair Flight With 69 On Board Disappears by Mskrisx(f): 10:58am On May 19, 2016
MOVERSMAG:
Sorry Bro

Hello deary am a girl...my moniker says (f)
Re: Egyptair Flight With 69 On Board Disappears by DrClay(m): 11:03am On May 19, 2016
RichDad1:
Hope no Nigerians on board?

What an insensitive statement!!!
Re: Egyptair Flight With 69 On Board Disappears by Damikevin(m): 11:07am On May 19, 2016
The plane was prolly hijacked because of a special feature it has of a special cargo (person) on it.
Re: Egyptair Flight With 69 On Board Disappears by laprince(m): 11:07am On May 19, 2016
brownlord:

Idiat, tell me what can an ordinary citizen of a foreign country do to affect the fight against terrorism in Nigeria as mentioned by the person I quoted.

This is obviously why you're a dumb kid.
Re: Egyptair Flight With 69 On Board Disappears by Tolexander: 11:13am On May 19, 2016
Mskrisx:

Hello deary am a girl...my moniker says (f)
really?

Never knew you are a girl, I'd always think you are a female. cheesy
Re: Egyptair Flight With 69 On Board Disappears by sanousizayyan(m): 11:15am On May 19, 2016
Dexema:
off the radar...doesn't sound good. Hope it's not those islamist terrorists again.
islamist No, terrorist "MAYBE".
Re: Egyptair Flight With 69 On Board Disappears by brandt: 11:15am On May 19, 2016
Bermuda to relocate
Re: Egyptair Flight With 69 On Board Disappears by BodyKiss(m): 11:30am On May 19, 2016
wallex1983:
NOT AGAIN Plsssss

There are enough problems already to deal with. sad angry shocked angry lipsrsealed

May the Lord continue to protect me, my family members and even you

Typical theistic mentality. 69 lives are in danger, and you're here showing your selfish you.
Re: Egyptair Flight With 69 On Board Disappears by BodyKiss(m): 11:37am On May 19, 2016
streetzdreamz:
ok,in what ways are they better off than th3 dana victims??or the Malaysian airline that went down??all this wishes and hopes are just bullsh*t,the world is f*cked and it will stay that way till the end of time,calling that guy out for his choice of words is funny,"say i have a wish that all egyptians be wiped out off the face of the earth,and no death recorded in Nigeria today"how sensible is that?? Its like this fb broadcast you'd be told to type amen,so ur life can become better,or a blessing locates u within 7 days,they all hippy bullsh*ts,i for one dont give a hoot about whoever dies,the death rate,cause of death anymore,that doesnt mean am inhuman.

Yes it fvckiing does.
Re: Egyptair Flight With 69 On Board Disappears by johnsonjosbles(m): 11:42am On May 19, 2016
militarily:
How a whole plane go miss? sad
because plane is an ATOM in the sky.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

10 Die In Ondo Crash, Truck Driver Flees / Driver Loses Consciousness After Crashing Into A Construction Yard In Imo.Photos / Railway Workers Attempt To Quench Fire On Train Using Leaves In Delta (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.