Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,513 members, 7,808,875 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:23 PM

Cancer-Causing Tomato Paste In Nigeria - Reps Alerts Nigerians - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Cancer-Causing Tomato Paste In Nigeria - Reps Alerts Nigerians (41835 Views)

Now That Tomato Is Back / Tomato Price Crashes From N25,000 To N800 Per Basket / See What I Saw In A Tin Tomato! We Just Need To Be Careful (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cancer-Causing Tomato Paste In Nigeria - Reps Alerts Nigerians by agitator: 11:21am On May 19, 2016
it has started. Killer groundnut oil surfaced during Buhari's regime in the 80's. Also it was in Buhari's government that Nigerians discovered how to use corn prepared as eba and so many others. cry cry cry
Re: Cancer-Causing Tomato Paste In Nigeria - Reps Alerts Nigerians by unlaw(m): 11:21am On May 19, 2016
top brands need more ma
Re: Cancer-Causing Tomato Paste In Nigeria - Reps Alerts Nigerians by Nobody: 11:22am On May 19, 2016
No name, no description...

1 Like

Re: Cancer-Causing Tomato Paste In Nigeria - Reps Alerts Nigerians by mzjaney(f): 11:22am On May 19, 2016
And this killer tomato paste doesn't have a name abi? U people should continue oooo.

1 Like

Re: Cancer-Causing Tomato Paste In Nigeria - Reps Alerts Nigerians by imeller: 11:22am On May 19, 2016
Na Lie. Dangote wants Monopoly.

1 Like

Re: Cancer-Causing Tomato Paste In Nigeria - Reps Alerts Nigerians by Zoehill(m): 11:23am On May 19, 2016
This is a strategy to boost Dangote Tomatoes, How can you identify a killer object without giving detailed information on it (name, price, how to identify) how to curb it in the market? Who are the cabals? is he having their address & phone numbers? How many tomato farms has he propagate to be established in his constituency?
Sometimes we pass data across instead of information.
Re: Cancer-Causing Tomato Paste In Nigeria - Reps Alerts Nigerians by Nobody: 11:24am On May 19, 2016
ijustdey:
•To Investigate allegation

It has therefore mandated its Committee on Health Services and Drug and Narcotics to investigate the alleged importation of the said fake, substandard and cancerous products into the country with a view to identifying them, their importers as well as promoters and distributors said to have circulated the nation's market with the products at very cheap prices.

What is the job of NAFDAC? Why are they investigating it themselves. Do they have the expertise? They just wan chop money

1 Like

Re: Cancer-Causing Tomato Paste In Nigeria - Reps Alerts Nigerians by Vado(m): 11:25am On May 19, 2016
Is the product nameless?

1 Like

Re: Cancer-Causing Tomato Paste In Nigeria - Reps Alerts Nigerians by ify84(m): 11:25am On May 19, 2016
I don switch to Ofe akwu (banga stew) since..... Wetin concern me...
Re: Cancer-Causing Tomato Paste In Nigeria - Reps Alerts Nigerians by Goahead(m): 11:26am On May 19, 2016
myfantasies:
I don tire

One problem after another

No fresh tomatoes, now tinned one too dey cause cancer

WHICH WAY FORWARD?
Take this news with a pinch of salt... Banga and dried tomatoes are still in the market tongue
Re: Cancer-Causing Tomato Paste In Nigeria - Reps Alerts Nigerians by Owliver(m): 11:27am On May 19, 2016
they can't say the name publicly but am sure they'll warn their own. they wan murd us but baba dey shield us grin
Re: Cancer-Causing Tomato Paste In Nigeria - Reps Alerts Nigerians by Nobody: 11:28am On May 19, 2016
so they expect Nigerians not to buy tomato paste again in this era of tomato scarcity?

My people this is a conspiracy by the FG to stop us from cooking stew. Don't let them stop you. STAND UP FOR YOUR RICE grin

2 Likes

Re: Cancer-Causing Tomato Paste In Nigeria - Reps Alerts Nigerians by salabscholar01(m): 11:28am On May 19, 2016
o.k
Re: Cancer-Causing Tomato Paste In Nigeria - Reps Alerts Nigerians by naijafury: 11:28am On May 19, 2016
I prefer Nigerian brands (Ric-giko, etc). They are tick and come in natural tomato colour unlike the blood-red pigmented pastes from asia.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cancer-Causing Tomato Paste In Nigeria - Reps Alerts Nigerians by Yusluv13(m): 11:30am On May 19, 2016
the information is good but it will av more effective and protective if the researcher able to tell us the name of those sachet tomato or tin ones. pls if u know them share with us its very germain we are poor we can't afford hospitality bill EPP OOO!! 1!!
Re: Cancer-Causing Tomato Paste In Nigeria - Reps Alerts Nigerians by Ishopbest: 11:33am On May 19, 2016
SMH for Nigerian journalism
Re: Cancer-Causing Tomato Paste In Nigeria - Reps Alerts Nigerians by Adeniyiolusayo: 11:33am On May 19, 2016
too bad

http://www.tribuneonlineng.com/reps-alert-nation-over-existence-of-%E2%80%98killer-tomato-paste%E2%80%99-in-circulation

[/quote]
Re: Cancer-Causing Tomato Paste In Nigeria - Reps Alerts Nigerians by salvation77177: 11:33am On May 19, 2016
That's the reason Nigeria needs the likes of late Dora Akunyili in strategic positions to avert this kind of problem.
God's intervention is needed in this country. The right people are not given the opportunity to serve or put in right place.
Re: Cancer-Causing Tomato Paste In Nigeria - Reps Alerts Nigerians by Ekii(f): 11:34am On May 19, 2016
So, you mean to tell us that such killer tinned tomatoes has got no name and you want us to start chasing ghost. Dangote, I hail thy strategy o.

1 Like

Re: Cancer-Causing Tomato Paste In Nigeria - Reps Alerts Nigerians by overall90: 11:34am On May 19, 2016
which kind house of rep be this.
before three weeks people never die finish, assuming the story is true
Re: Cancer-Causing Tomato Paste In Nigeria - Reps Alerts Nigerians by Missmossy(f): 11:35am On May 19, 2016
Chai!!! Nawa for this country, this is getting out of hand i must confess sad
Re: Cancer-Causing Tomato Paste In Nigeria - Reps Alerts Nigerians by Nobody: 11:36am On May 19, 2016
myfantasies:
I don tire

WHICH WAY FORWARD?

Use red paint for stew.
Re: Cancer-Causing Tomato Paste In Nigeria - Reps Alerts Nigerians by Kennydoc(m): 11:37am On May 19, 2016
LUBBISH!! Cancer-infested tomato indeed. When did cancer become a parasite, cos I know it's only with parasites that we use the word, 'infestation'. Nonsense reportage.
When did they carry a survey that showed the tomato caused cancer in Nigerians? Over how many years did they carry out the survey, cos we all know malignant transformations don't happen suddenly.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cancer-Causing Tomato Paste In Nigeria - Reps Alerts Nigerians by nathandrake(m): 11:38am On May 19, 2016
this people are not serious, why cant they just name the products so people can stay away.
Re: Cancer-Causing Tomato Paste In Nigeria - Reps Alerts Nigerians by Olukat(m): 11:38am On May 19, 2016
MrKong:
Bunch of stup!d illiterates....what good is this warning to the public when they can't give the name of the product?

Don't mind those clowns parading as law makers!
They identify killer tomato paste but failed to name it.
Dullest attempt to make us buy from Dangote "portor portor" paste
Re: Cancer-Causing Tomato Paste In Nigeria - Reps Alerts Nigerians by Chinatownm(m): 11:42am On May 19, 2016
Herapal:
Conspiracy theory.

Thank you very much. Neva knew u were dis intelligent enough to read between the lines
Re: Cancer-Causing Tomato Paste In Nigeria - Reps Alerts Nigerians by Nobody: 11:42am On May 19, 2016
Irresponsible re.tards!...is the brand NAMELESS??
Re: Cancer-Causing Tomato Paste In Nigeria - Reps Alerts Nigerians by touchplay(m): 11:42am On May 19, 2016
Whats the name of this tomato paste? or at least show us some pictures.if the paste is already in the market,putting this importers to book will not prevent nigerians from buying it especially if its sold cheap(nigerians wey lyk cheap stuffs die).

1 Like

Re: Cancer-Causing Tomato Paste In Nigeria - Reps Alerts Nigerians by ismayl: 11:43am On May 19, 2016
this is why subsidy removal is necessary so govt. can invest in agric wit enof money. some yrs back, som peopl bought beans, stored it for scarce period wit phostocin. unfortunately , a month leter there was scarcity sothey brout it out and sold of which manybpeople died.
pls my brother, inhave vehicles which uses petrol on daily basis and I hav never supported any govt issue befor. let's reason pls
Re: Cancer-Causing Tomato Paste In Nigeria - Reps Alerts Nigerians by Stevoohlicent(m): 11:47am On May 19, 2016
Simple fact...nigeria is bleeped.
Re: Cancer-Causing Tomato Paste In Nigeria - Reps Alerts Nigerians by omobaekiti: 11:47am On May 19, 2016
Dragonking:

This was my post in this thread on how dangote and his fellow northern brothers are using this tomato issh to cause scarcity and make more money; https://www.nairaland.com/3112018/tomato-scarcity-anyone-used-dried#45729196

Now they have released a tomato paste to wipe the southern part of nigeria out embarassed embarassed

Thats is why the name of the company is hidden..Remember dangote paste was closed down not too long ago for issue we were not specifically told.

http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2016/05/13/dangote-suspends-tomato-paste-production/

The southern nigeria needs to be careful
I hereby award you a PhD in conspiracy theorem.
Re: Cancer-Causing Tomato Paste In Nigeria - Reps Alerts Nigerians by Skyfornia(m): 11:47am On May 19, 2016
myfantasies:
I don tire

WHICH WAY FORWARD?

There is a solution

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Yummy Fisherman Soup To Relax Your Nerves. So Delicious! (photos,videos) / Nigerian Food Critic, Chef Opeyemi, Shares His Experience Eating Crocodile / Gari And Mango, Is It Dangerous?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.