Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,256 members, 7,807,883 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:31 PM

What Is African Marriage About And What Is It Values? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Is African Marriage About And What Is It Values? (12898 Views)

Global Decline In Values: You Needn't Key In / Your Values: Your Value / 5 Personal Values That Would Bring You Happiness (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is African Marriage About And What Is It Values? by postmann: 6:09pm On May 20, 2016
Ishilove:

So women giving vent to their emotions makes them vulnerable? I do hope you realise that the term 'vulnerable' is highly subjective? You really are a sexist, like the typical African man with a gargantuan ego angry

Not giving vent but being lead by their emotions. Spot the difference?
Re: What Is African Marriage About And What Is It Values? by lezz(m): 6:16pm On May 20, 2016
Ishilove:

Oyibo girama. I never knew there are so many sexists on Nairaland

Realism isn't sexism.

My love for women is Nairaland-renowned grin grin grin but it won't colour my perceptibility.
Re: What Is African Marriage About And What Is It Values? by Nobody: 6:25pm On May 20, 2016
darkenedrebel:

That's because the large majority of them reason in a circle. I can count the number of sensible posters here with my fingers and still have a couple of phalanges to spare.

The rest just attempt to belie their lack of intellect with Faustian language which is in most cases, not usually germane to the topic being pared. And other times their waffle is just cobblers at peak.

Nairaland is populated by Nigerians, so if it's NL standard then it's Nigerian standard. I wouldn't entirely premise on the crass & misogynistic displays on NL as most online personas are rarely mirror images of their realities(I stand to be corrected).

I still strongly believe that relationships should be a two-way street. You can't eat your cake and have it.

Same here.
We still have a long way to go then. If the so-called educated ones still cling tightly to trite apothegms that have no bearing in these latter-days, then how much more the unlettered and everyday Joe Bloggs and Jane Doe - Corruptio optimi pessima.

Another beautiful compilation of masterful rhetorics. smiley

I am inclined to agree with everything you have written above and also believe that you will share my opinion that we are called to offer alternative views to what we (choose to) read here about marriage and other controversial topics. In a nutshell, more solutions and less criticism.

So - in the context of this thread - what should be the values of African marriage?
And of course why?
Re: What Is African Marriage About And What Is It Values? by shaybebaby(f): 6:27pm On May 20, 2016
Onegai:

grin

But does your boy like horseriding, "Hey Duggee" and "Teletubbies"? These are the necessary things to make a relationship work with my child.
Aaaah no, but likes peppa pig and I'm sure they will enjoy a fine date watching "frozen".

He can also serenade her to the wonderful lyrics of "twinkle twinkle little star". No woman can resist his singing grin
Re: What Is African Marriage About And What Is It Values? by lezz(m): 6:34pm On May 20, 2016
Ishilove:

You and joseph1832 are such lechers undecided

He and I are like the majority of males about; the only difference is we state our intention and mind with boldness accompanied by honesty.

We don't ass-lick and suck up to you females to gain your approval like the pansy kid does

We tell it as it is.

Deep down, the average woman is a 100 times more earthy than the male.
Re: What Is African Marriage About And What Is It Values? by Ishilove: 6:36pm On May 20, 2016
MrPresident1:

You are looking for 'oko Gbewudani' abi

Ok, kwantinue angry
What is oko 'Gbewudani?'
Re: What Is African Marriage About And What Is It Values? by Ishilove: 6:39pm On May 20, 2016
lezz:

He and I are like the majority of males about; the only difference is we state our intention and mind with boldness accompanied by honesty.

We don't ass-lick and suck up to you females to gain your approval like the pansy kid do.

We tell it as it is.

Deep down, the average woman is a 100 times more earthy than the male.
In other words, you aren't gentlemen who are bothered by the conventional mating rituals. Just tell her to her face 'I wanna fvck' you.
Re: What Is African Marriage About And What Is It Values? by Ishilove: 6:41pm On May 20, 2016
postmann:

Not giving vent but being lead by their emotions. Spot the difference?
Does being 'lead' by emotions make our minds vulnerable?
Re: What Is African Marriage About And What Is It Values? by Mediapace: 6:44pm On May 20, 2016
See how she said fvck as if you girls are easy to date/laid like that angry
Ishilove:

In other words, you aren't gentlemen who are bothered by the conventional mating rituals. Just tell her to her face 'I wanna fvck' you.
Re: What Is African Marriage About And What Is It Values? by lezz(m): 6:46pm On May 20, 2016
Ishilove:

Gentleman? The word itself is a term for hypocrisy and falsity!!!

Being gentlemanly has turned many ladies to cheats who crave the brutality and primal nature of sex and love!

" I want to fück" will turn your hormones around and make your heart do the double and produce an extra glint in your eyes than other pretentious euphemisms.

Few moments call for veiled intentions though, but take nothing away from bold assertions
Re: What Is African Marriage About And What Is It Values? by Ishilove: 6:46pm On May 20, 2016
Mediapace:
See how she said fvck as if you girls are easy to date/laid like that angry
Oh, some are. I know girls in my NYSC who were laid for a bottle of coke
Re: What Is African Marriage About And What Is It Values? by Ishilove: 6:47pm On May 20, 2016
lezz:
Gentleman? The word itself is a term for hypocrisy and falsity!!!

Being gentlemanly has turned many ladies to cheats who crave the brutality and primal nature of sex and love!

" I want to fück" will turn your hormones around and make your heart do the double and produce an extra glint in your eyes than other pretentious euphemisms.

Few moments call for veiled intentions though, but take nothing away from bold assertions
What kind of ladies have you being hanging out with? undecided
Re: What Is African Marriage About And What Is It Values? by lezz(m): 6:53pm On May 20, 2016
Ishilove:

What kind of ladies have you being hanging out with? undecided
All types. I love 'em in varied assortments.

And I love to loosen the uptight, prudish ones who are yet to discover their raw femininity.

Women love it direct most times, but men for some unexplained reasons have used too much diplomacy. Women only learnt to adapt.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: What Is African Marriage About And What Is It Values? by joseph1832(m): 7:12pm On May 20, 2016
Ishilove:

I am female so I am included in his sweeping statement. He said THE female mind is vulnerable, not 'some' female minds.
Okay.
Re: What Is African Marriage About And What Is It Values? by Ishilove: 7:16pm On May 20, 2016
lezz:
All types. I love 'em in varied assortments.

And I love to loosen the uptight, prudish ones who are yet to discover their raw femininity.

Women love it direct most times, but men for some unexplained reasons have used too much diplomacy. Women only learnt to adapt.

Men use diplomacy because the kind of directness you're talking about is disrespectful to many women's sense of honour. I have long discovered and 'acclimatised' myself to my own femininity but if ever a man is as direct with his intentions in the way you insist women like, to me, I will immediately take offence and give him a thorough tongue lashing.
Re: What Is African Marriage About And What Is It Values? by cococandy(f): 7:24pm On May 20, 2016
postmann:

I don't mind being called a sexist by most 21st century women who have an insatiable crave for ungodly freedom.
grin grin grin
Why don't you go back in time and get you some 16th century women who love your godly slavery.
Instead of fighting this your already lost battle?

4 Likes

Re: What Is African Marriage About And What Is It Values? by Mediapace: 7:25pm On May 20, 2016
Disgusting! But i trust our ishi !!
A billion will not be enough to get her laid wink
Ishilove:

Oh, some are. I know girls in my NYSC who were laid for a bottle of coke
Re: What Is African Marriage About And What Is It Values? by Nobody: 7:25pm On May 20, 2016
I disagree. There are some things I have read here that are mirrored in academic papers. I didn't believe some but most comments strongly prove that these boys are merely retelling what they have learnt.

pcguru1:

Sometimes what you read on NL might not mirror reality, give anyone a mask and you will see their ugly side.

Sorry this might sound contradictory so let me explain, take me for example I am well behaved, mannered, and will never do anything to cause trouble for myself, however the anonymity gives me the power to say anything and avoid repercussions. Most of NL members will never say any of this things in real life because of effects and how they might be viewed. in actual sense, in reality you will not witness this much ugliness because it's supressed inside, not saying it doesn't exists.

1 Like

Re: What Is African Marriage About And What Is It Values? by joseph1832(m): 7:25pm On May 20, 2016
Ishilove:

Men use diplomacy because the kind of directness you're talking about is disrespectful to many women's sense of honour. I have long discovered and 'acclimatised' myself to my own femininity but if ever a man is as direct with his intentions in the way you insist women like, to me, I will immediately take offence and give him a thorough tongue lashing.
Now that 'tongue lashing' is what I'll really love. One that'll leave me breathless and speechless, then later, make me mutter... Oohhh Ishi... wink grin
Re: What Is African Marriage About And What Is It Values? by Nobody: 7:27pm On May 20, 2016
Bla bla bla

The same BS undecided.
lezz:

And the female mind is biologically programmed to be vulnerable. It is her source of strength and , of course , weakness too. All religious and statistical data , and real life occurrence have shed light to this.

Why stamp your feet over a trite truism that is known to both men of letters and nonreaders?

1 Like

Re: What Is African Marriage About And What Is It Values? by Nobody: 7:36pm On May 20, 2016
Little steps? undecided

Postmann is a misogynist. Lezz's lap dog
Ishilove:

You know, there are many times when your posts are little steps away from being sexist and condescending.

What tha fvck is the 'vulnerability' of the female mind? angry angry

Do you realise how insulting that is?

5 Likes

Re: What Is African Marriage About And What Is It Values? by bukatyne(f): 7:37pm On May 20, 2016
Joavid:

against it.

What if you & some wonderful families grow your kids together and subtly mate your kids together?
Re: What Is African Marriage About And What Is It Values? by bukatyne(f): 7:37pm On May 20, 2016
darkenedrebel:

There's nothing he can possibly proffer in rebuttal.
When parallels are drawn, the circumstances prevalent in the two things in comparison - in this case in the two different eras - have to be brought to the front and centre, and have to, in spades, bear similitude before it can be bucketed as a reasonable line of argument.

I thought this was entitled: 'What is the African marriage about and what is its values?'.

Discussions as usual have gone off at a tangent with little to nothing to take home.

Lols!

Where is the OP sef?
Re: What Is African Marriage About And What Is It Values? by Ishilove: 7:37pm On May 20, 2016
joseph1832:
Now that 'tongue lashing' is what I'll really love. One that'll leave me breathless and speechless, then later, make me mutter... Oohhh Ishi... wink grin
Ha, Joe.... you lecher cheesy cheesy
Re: What Is African Marriage About And What Is It Values? by Ishilove: 7:38pm On May 20, 2016
Mediapace:
Disgusting! But i trust our ishi !!
A billion will not be enough to get her laid wink
You dey find word for my mouth ehn? tongue cheesy
Re: What Is African Marriage About And What Is It Values? by lezz(m): 7:45pm On May 20, 2016
Ishilove:

Ishilove, I have always wanted to fück you, in a period in time past. I often wondered when you'll get round to realising you have always wanted to fück me too with equal fervour cool

Men have always used diplomacy because female sexuality has always been downplayed and misunderstood by men since time began. Common, when was female Orgasm learnt and appreciated? It has always been an act of duty or obligation for women to participate in sex.

So men through time have always felt the need to put sex in a diplomatic, persuasive imploration.

You mean with all your pro-women's rights and emancipation, this has eluded you?

Yeah, you can tongue-lash, it's just a culture shock to you. Your senses will get used to it, but your hormones will before the rest of you follow.

1 Like

Re: What Is African Marriage About And What Is It Values? by Mediapace: 7:47pm On May 20, 2016
Not at all cheesy
Ishilove:
Re: What Is African Marriage About And What Is It Values? by Mediapace: 7:47pm On May 20, 2016
Not at all cheesy
Ishilove:
Re: What Is African Marriage About And What Is It Values? by lezz(m): 7:49pm On May 20, 2016
daretodiffer:
Bla bla bla

The same BS undecided.
You just can't get enough of me. 1 month without quoting me is just too much asking for you grin grin grin
Re: What Is African Marriage About And What Is It Values? by Nobody: 8:04pm On May 20, 2016
daretodiffer:
I disagree. There are some things I have read here that are mirrored in academic papers. I didn't believe some but most comments strongly prove that these boys are merely retelling what they have learnt.

my post doesn't state otherwise except that this is their haven where they can say such without consequence compared to doing them easily in real life.

Then again it's normal Humans are flawed to begin with, we are all rotten to the core just that some of us are good at concealing such.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is African Marriage About And What Is It Values? by joseph1832(m): 8:15pm On May 20, 2016
Ishilove:

Ha, Joe.... you lecher cheesy cheesy
Lecher? Nope. I'm just a man who appreciates the easiest things in life. No harm to it. Lol. grin
Re: What Is African Marriage About And What Is It Values? by postmann: 8:48pm On May 20, 2016
daretodiffer:
Little steps? undecided

Postma.nn is a misogynist. Lez.z's lap dog

Daretodiffer, its been a while. Where have you been?

Has life finally released you from selfloath and frustration?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Which Bank Is The Best To Open A Kiddies Account? / Dealing With A Child's Destructive Behaviour? / Ever Worn The Same Dress With A Stranger To An Event?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.