Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,330 members, 7,780,862 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:04 AM

Coke: Latest Europa League Win Sevilla’s Most Impressive Yet - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Coke: Latest Europa League Win Sevilla’s Most Impressive Yet (267 Views)

Guardiola Dedicates Champions League Win To Detained Catalan Separatist / Is This The Biggest And Most Impressive Games Village In Nigeria? / Real Madrid Fan Pours Milk On Himself To Celebrate Champions League Win (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Coke: Latest Europa League Win Sevilla’s Most Impressive Yet by Moh4newsafrica(f): 11:02am On May 19, 2016
After scoring twice in the club’s final win over Liverpool, the captain hailed the team’s efforts as they defended their trophy without some of their key players from last season

Sevilla hero Coke was left lost for words after firing his side to Europa League glory for a third season in a row, and says this is their most impressive triumph yet given the number of changes they made.
Unai Emery’s side came from 1-0 down to beat Liverpool 3-1 in Basel and lift the trophy for the fifth time in a decade.

Coke scored twice – his first goals in European competition – after Kevin Gameiro had equalised 17 seconds after half-time following Daniel Sturridge’s superb opening goal 10 minutes before the break.

But the Sevilla captain was eager to praise the efforts of the entire squad – which had to deal with the sales of Carlos Bacca and Aleix Vidal last summer – at the end of a gruelling season that also sees them take on Barcelona in the Copa del Rey final on Sunday.

“It’s difficult to explain it,” he told beIN Sports. “I want to thank the team we have and all the people who have spent money to come here and who kill for Sevilla.

“Every person who came here is worth three or four. I want them to enjoy it. It was a very special week and it’s impossible to start it in the best way. We have a whole city behind us.

“We suffered today and during the whole season. We’ve had long injuries, which is the worst thing in football, and we’ve fought for each other.

“The prize doesn’t matter. The important thing is that we win. We’ve had an amazing season and now we have another final.

“Every year we change 10 players. The beginning is difficult and it’s hard to get going, so what we’ve done is all-the-more impressive.”

Gameiro, who has scored 29 goals in a superb campaign, added: “I am glad I’ve kept scoring here. We have wonderful people and supporters. This is historic.”

read more<<<<<<<http://newsafricanow.com/2016/05/coke-latest-europa-league-win-sevillas-most-impressive-yet/
Re: Coke: Latest Europa League Win Sevilla’s Most Impressive Yet by Flexherbal(m): 11:23am On May 19, 2016
Coke!

(1) (Reply)

Four Things We Learnt From Warriors – Cavs NBA Finals Game 1 / England To Get New Coach / Info But I've Personally Seen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.