Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,822 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:23 AM

Missing Egyptair Airplane Crashes Off Greek Island.. - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Missing Egyptair Airplane Crashes Off Greek Island.. (724 Views)

Nigerian Student Sues EgyptAir For Wrong Routing / Egyptair Flight Clashes Off Greek Island / Egyptair Flight With 69 On Board Disappears (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Missing Egyptair Airplane Crashes Off Greek Island.. by BeeBeeOoh(m): 2:26pm On May 19, 2016
An EgyptAir flight which disappeared from radar screens en route from Paris to Cairo early Thursday, crashed into the sea off the southern Greek island of Karpathos while in Egyptian airspace, a Greece aviation source told AFP.

“At around 0029 GMT (3:29 am) when it was in Egyptian airspace, the plane disappeared from Greek radars… it crashed around 130 nautical miles off the island of Karpathos,” the source told AFP.

The official said the last communication with the pilot was three minutes before the plane disappeared, and that there had been no distress call.

The Greek defence ministry said it had dispatched two search planes and a frigate to the area. Twenty-six foreigners were among the 56 passengers, including 15 French citizens, a Briton and a Canadian, EgyptAir said.

Read more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/05/missing-egyptair-plane-crashes-off-greek/

Lalasticlala

1 Share

Re: Missing Egyptair Airplane Crashes Off Greek Island.. by Biggersammy: 2:30pm On May 19, 2016
rip
Re: Missing Egyptair Airplane Crashes Off Greek Island.. by huntila(m): 2:36pm On May 19, 2016
I pray for survivors. No where on earth is safe. Accident can occur anywhere,anytime

1 Like

Re: Missing Egyptair Airplane Crashes Off Greek Island.. by madridguy(m): 2:59pm On May 19, 2016
Allahumo Nojini Moha Najini
Wala Tualikini Mohal Alkin. Amin

RIP to them.
Re: Missing Egyptair Airplane Crashes Off Greek Island.. by Nitefury: 9:37pm On May 19, 2016
Egypt Air sha don surfer crashes o. I remember that Flight 990 where the relief pilot is alleged to have deliberately crashed the plane into the Atlantic Ocean killing about 220 or so people onboard (including himself of course). I just hope this is not another story of deliberate crashing because no fault was relayed back to the control tower just like that flight 990
Re: Missing Egyptair Airplane Crashes Off Greek Island.. by BeeBeeOoh(m): 9:42pm On May 19, 2016
Nitefury:
Egypt Air sha don surfer crashes o. I remember that Flight 990 where the relief pilot is alleged to have deliberately crashed the plane into the Atlantic Ocean killing about 220 or so people onboard (including himself of course). I just hope this is not another story of deliberate crashing because no fault was relayed back to the control tower just like that flight 990
I don't even know what 2 say, I feel so sorry for those they left behind. Quite Sad
Re: Missing Egyptair Airplane Crashes Off Greek Island.. by Nitefury: 10:18pm On May 19, 2016
BeeBeeOoh:
I don't even know what 2 say, I feel so sorry for those they left behind. Quite Sad

I'm just trying to imagine the agony and shock the peeps onboard must have been through seconds before it crashed.. Lots of regrets Beebee..

I remember once when i was aboard a flight to Abj from lag with my boss.. Some 15 minutes into the flight we started experiencing turbulence. Five minutes later it got so bad/worse prompting the pilot to announce to the air hosts (all guys) to take their seat with the belt signals coming on.

Bro, the in-flight water i had prior received tasted like vinegar in my mouth when i drank to calm my nerves. Plane kept shaking, with the pilot changing altitude (sharp descent) at several intervals unexpectedly making one sick in the stomach. It sha became normal after about 10 minutes or so.

Finally we got to Abj, and then began to hover for another 10 or so minutes before the pilot deemed it fit to announced we couldn't land because the airport had been temporarily shut down.

Na den I come remember say Bubu dey travel dat morning (go which country sef) and dem gats shut airport/airspace down based on standard practice till him flight depart.

I swear say na road i go use return Lag but after we finish work, na so dem jack me go airport again.

I hate flying for the simple reason that i have no control or idea of what is going on.

Something must kill a man sha. But no one prays to die violently. God rest their souls.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Missing Egyptair Airplane Crashes Off Greek Island.. by BeeBeeOoh(m): 11:08pm On May 19, 2016
Nitefury:

I'm just trying to imagine the agony and shock the peeps onboard must have been through seconds before it crashed.. Lots of regrets Beebee..

I remember once when i was aboard a flight to Abj from lag with my boss.. Some 15 minutes into the flight we started experiencing turbulence. Five minutes later it got so bad/worse prompting the pilot to announce to the air hosts (all guys) to take their seat with the belt signals coming on.

Bro, the in-flight water i had prior received tasted like vinegar in my mouth when i drank to calm my nerves. Plane kept shaking, with the pilot changing altitude (sharp descent) at several intervals unexpectedly making one sick in the stomach. It sha became normal after about 10 minutes or so.

Finally we got to Abj, and then began to hover for another 10 or so minutes before the pilot deemed it fit to announced we couldn't land because the airport had been temporarily shut down.

Na den I come remember say Bubu dey travel dat morning (go which country sef) and dem gats shut airport/airspace down based on standard practice till him flight depart.

I swear say na road i go use return Lag but after we finish work, na so dem jack me go airport again.

I hate flying for the simple reason that i have no control or idea of what is going on.

Something must kill a man sha. But no one prays to die violently. God rest their souls.

May their souls rest in the bossom of the Lord.

@ ur flight experience... hmmmm! No b small thing oh, mehn I dey imagine what's going on in ur mind that time, how u'll be remembering all ur sins & asking God for forgiveness. Itizintizi axweeaaa

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Missing Egyptair Airplane Crashes Off Greek Island.. by mecussey(m): 5:10am On May 20, 2016
according to cnn...the plane was flying at 37k feet, then suddenly decended to 27k, swerve left and right, the nose dived. I dey suspect laptop bomb or similar thing

(1) (Reply)

Check Out Photos From The Train Crash Which Killed Over 70 People In Cameroon / Help--- South Korea Business VISA Interview. / He Wants To Sue Uber Nigeria For Damages Worth 300 Million Naira

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.