Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,601 members, 7,801,742 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 09:37 PM

LASU Graduates 8 First Class Out Of 17,695 - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / LASU Graduates 8 First Class Out Of 17,695 (13683 Views)

FUNAAB To Admit 3,800 Out Of 17, 334 Candidates / LASU To Convocate 17,695 At 20th Convocation / LASU To Convocate 17,695 At 20th Convocation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

LASU Graduates 8 First Class Out Of 17,695 by AmbodOfLASU: 5:31am On May 20, 2016
The Lagos State University (LASU) said that it would issue its certificates to 17,695 graduands at its 20th Convocation scheduled for May 25 and May 26. Its Vice-Chancellor,Prof. Olanrewaju Fagbohun, who said this at a news conference on Thursday, added that the graduands were for the 2013/2014 and 2014/2015 academic sets.
Fagbohun said that 6, 241 graduands would be convocated for the full time programme. The vice-chancellor said that seven students made first class division , while 1,040 made second class upper and 3,271 made second class lower divisions. He said that 1,575 made third class division and 206 would be graduating with a pass degree.
According to Fagbohun, at the External System, one student made first class, while 1,016 made second class upper division. He said that 6,990 made second class lower division, 767 made third class division and 10 students made pass. Fagbohun said 173 students would graduate at diploma programme, with five students making distinction, 44 made upper credit , 72 made lower credit, 10 made credit, 11 made merit and 31 made pass.
The vice -chancellor said that 2,497 would be convocated at the Higher Degree Programme. He, however, promised that the university would offer the first class students automatic employment. `` While the second class upper students will also be considered afterward.’’ Fagbohun said the graduands have fulfilled the requirements for the award of the university's degrees.
The vice-chancellor said the 20th convocation would be special, ``because it was coming at a time that the university was experiencing a dramatic-turn around.’’ Fagbohun said that the installation of the university’s chancellor would also take place during the ceremony. ``The positive turn around within the university was the handiwork of the Lagos State Government under the leadership of Gov. Akinwunmi Ambode.
``The university will forever be grateful to the hardworking governor of our noble state. ``The projects, most of which are at advantage stages of construction, will not only add aesthetics and class to the architectural landscape of the institution, they will also add to the value of the quality of teaching and learning in the University,’’ he said.
Fagbohun listed the completed projects to be inaugurated to include: the N1.068billion Faculty of Science building, the N40 million LASU Radio station and the twin lecture Theatre at the Faculty of Law. He said the on-going projects include: the university’s senate building, the ultra-modern central university library, the ultra-modern students’ union complex. Also, there is the School of Communication and three blocks of 12 flats each for lecturers’ accommodation.
Fagbohun urged well-meaning Nigerians to emulate donors like Chief Adebutu Kessington, Jim Ovia, B.O. Benson, late Chief Molade Okoya Thomas and others by donating generously to the growth and development of the university. He charged the graduands to complete their bio-data and clearance as scheduled.

Source: Vanguard Online

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/05/lasu-convocate-17695-20th-convocation/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: LASU Graduates 8 First Class Out Of 17,695 by AmbodOfLASU: 5:36am On May 20, 2016
Cc : Lalasticlala Seun Fynestboi

Governor Ambode for months now, has invested massively in LASU. A visit there will image a new institution entirely. Big Thanks to the Governor, our new Visionary VC - Prof Fagbohun and our SUG President -Sekoni Tayo.

3 Likes

Re: LASU Graduates 8 First Class Out Of 17,695 by searchng4love: 5:36am On May 20, 2016
That institution needs to be disbanded. 8 first class out of 17k students! Horrible and horrifying.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: LASU Graduates 8 First Class Out Of 17,695 by AmbodOfLASU: 5:44am On May 20, 2016
searchng4love:
That institution needs to be disbanded. 8 first class out of 17k students! Horrible and horrifying.

Loool. Actually, First Class in LASU is like an entry to heaven - so difficult and rare. So many factors are involved. As an undergraduate scholar in LASU, you will be faced with so many issues like GNS, ENT etc. We've seen cases whereby the H.O.D would say : "He only needs a first class graduate, the department can't produce 2, its too much". However, I believe in subsequent convocations, the First Class will increase as the new VC and the present SUG President(Sekoni Taofeek Tayo) are bent on ensuring students gets what they truly deserve.

For instance, Romola, a LASU graduate that broke a PhD record in South Africa this year, as brilliant as she was in LASU almost finished with a 2'2. LASU is a world apart for undergraduate scholars.

It will interest you to know that among the 2'1 graduates, many of them finished with CGPAs between 4.40 and 4.49. I personally know of over 20 of them.

Lastly, Lagos State University is the only State University owned by Lagos State and as such, priority is given by Lagos State Government to their best graduates in terms of multinationals and scholarships, a contributing factor too.

The Governor, Ambode is coming on Thursday for the PostGraduates Convocation and commissioning of projects, you are invited sir.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: LASU Graduates 8 First Class Out Of 17,695 by Terry68: 5:54am On May 20, 2016
Is a normal thing. Am sure one wasn't anticipating crowd to bag out with first class.
Re: LASU Graduates 8 First Class Out Of 17,695 by AmbodOfLASU: 5:59am On May 20, 2016
wink. grin.

1 Like

Re: LASU Graduates 8 First Class Out Of 17,695 by AmbodOfLASU: 6:02am On May 20, 2016
Terry68:
Is a normal thing. Am sure one wasn't anticipating crowd to bag out with first class.

Some are complaining its too small bro. Even the Deputy Governor,Dr Adebule, and Desmond Elliot as brilliant as they were didn't graduate with First Class from LASU grin

cry

5 Likes

Re: LASU Graduates 8 First Class Out Of 17,695 by amiibaby(f): 6:24am On May 20, 2016
Okay

1 Like

Re: LASU Graduates 8 First Class Out Of 17,695 by cutebobo(m): 6:24am On May 20, 2016
Its lovely

Now the struggle continues.
Re: LASU Graduates 8 First Class Out Of 17,695 by Nobody: 6:24am On May 20, 2016
wink
Re: LASU Graduates 8 First Class Out Of 17,695 by Terry68: 6:25am On May 20, 2016
AmbodOfLASU:

Some are complaining its too small bro. Even the Deputy Governor,Dr Adebule, and Desmond Elliot as brilliant as they were didn't graduate with First Class from LASU grin

cry

Small?

1 Like

Re: LASU Graduates 8 First Class Out Of 17,695 by Lattop(m): 6:25am On May 20, 2016
Good achievement at last 4rm LASU
Re: LASU Graduates 8 First Class Out Of 17,695 by mostyg(m): 6:26am On May 20, 2016
First class students are not easy to come by, it is not cheap to make a first class. 8 out of 17,695 is 0.045 %, unlike some Universities that graduate 25% of their students with first class.

4 Likes

Re: LASU Graduates 8 First Class Out Of 17,695 by Generalkorex(m): 6:30am On May 20, 2016
another 17k graduates .inside dis harsh economy. May God provide beta job 4 them.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: LASU Graduates 8 First Class Out Of 17,695 by free2ryhme: 6:31am On May 20, 2016
The labour market has now increase by 17 plus thousand job seekers

2 Likes

Re: LASU Graduates 8 First Class Out Of 17,695 by searchng4love: 6:36am On May 20, 2016
free2ryhme:
The labour market has now increase by 17 plus thousand job seekers
With a vast number of them wickedly graded

1 Like 1 Share

Re: LASU Graduates 8 First Class Out Of 17,695 by nepapole(m): 6:39am On May 20, 2016
Thousands of graduates everyday, - thousands of employment opportunities everyday.
Re: LASU Graduates 8 First Class Out Of 17,695 by free2ryhme: 6:40am On May 20, 2016
searchng4love:

With a vast number of them wickedly graded

Are you among those that had a third class grin

3 Likes

Re: LASU Graduates 8 First Class Out Of 17,695 by badaoyeyemi(f): 6:45am On May 20, 2016
Greatest lasuite

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: LASU Graduates 8 First Class Out Of 17,695 by searchng4love: 6:49am On May 20, 2016
free2ryhme:

Are you among those that had a third class grin
In Dbanj's voice Olohun maajee o! Passed the bsc bridge decades ago. But it pains me to see Nigerian students struggle for grades when their compatriots in the global arena are studying to apply knowledge to change the world! Yet someone comes here to jubilate over 8 first class out of 17k+ graduands'. It's an aberration. Yet he was quick to mention Desmond Elliott. Am sure if Elliott had gone to a better school not repressive about growth like them olu Jacobs his career would have gone beyond those 150 naira video cds.
Re: LASU Graduates 8 First Class Out Of 17,695 by free2ryhme: 6:50am On May 20, 2016
searchng4love:

In Dbanj's voice Olohun maajee o! Passed the bsc bridge decades ago. But it pains me to see Nigerian students struggle for grades when their compatriots in the global arena are studying to apply knowledge to change the world! Yet someone comes here to jubilate over 8 first class out of 17k+ graduands'. It's an aberration. Yet he was quick to mention Desmond Elliott. Am sure if Elliott had gone to a better school not repressive about growth like them olu Jacobs his career would have gone beyond those 150 naira video cds.

Na Nigerian mentality

Abi you just dey discover am grin

1 Like

Re: LASU Graduates 8 First Class Out Of 17,695 by searchng4love: 6:51am On May 20, 2016
free2ryhme:

Na Nigerian mentality

Abi you just dey discover am grin
It makes my heart bleed when I see youths like the op celebrate oppression!
60% of those students I can assure have forgotten what was learnt in school because they only struggled to pass.... And had no time to understand the appreciate the application of knowledge
Re: LASU Graduates 8 First Class Out Of 17,695 by Irreplaceable48(f): 6:55am On May 20, 2016
AmbodOfLASU:

Governor Ambode for months now, has invested massively in LASU. A visit there will image a new institution entirely. Big Thanks to the Governor, our new Visionary VC - Prof Fagbohun and our SUG President -Sekoni Tayo.
We are Lasu.........
Re: LASU Graduates 8 First Class Out Of 17,695 by Irreplaceable48(f): 6:58am On May 20, 2016
searchng4love:
there's nothing horrible bout that!! I'm a proud lasuite nd I knw how we rock things over there!! D way our lecturers mark scripts ehn, is totally outtakes dis world!! I really congratulate those 1st class students cos seriously, its nt easy!!
We are Lasu......We are proud!!

6 Likes

Re: LASU Graduates 8 First Class Out Of 17,695 by free2ryhme: 6:58am On May 20, 2016
searchng4love:

It makes my heart bleed when I see youths like the op celebrate oppression!
60% of those students I can assure have forgotten what was learnt in school because they only struggled to pass.... And had no time to understand the appreciate the application of knowledge

The system was created to do what it does best. GIGO
Re: LASU Graduates 8 First Class Out Of 17,695 by searchng4love: 7:00am On May 20, 2016
With over 50% sorting financially and in kind to graduate. The sorting ability is even more essential than the capacity to comprehend what you're being taught

1 Like

Re: LASU Graduates 8 First Class Out Of 17,695 by searchng4love: 7:04am On May 20, 2016
free2ryhme:

The system was created to do what it does best. GIGO
The op should realize that. Not coming to celebrate garbage here! Brilliant individuals whose destiny has been manipulated by our oppressive and repressive educational institutions. The academy in Greece was designed to make people ask questions but Nigerian students are trained not to ever ask questions. Since the lecturers are demigods'

1 Like

Re: LASU Graduates 8 First Class Out Of 17,695 by searchng4love: 7:06am On May 20, 2016
Irreplaceable48:
there's nothing horrible bout that!! I'm a proud lasuite nd I knw how we rock things over there!! D way our lecturers mark scripts ehn, is totally outtakes dis world!! I really congratulate those 1st class students cos seriously, its nt easy!!
We are Lasu......We are proud!!
Yes I understand ignorance is bliss. My friend had a 2:1 from lasu but ask him a simple question he knows not... He spent more time arranging sorting than attending classes.
If you understand what education is...you'll weep!

4 Likes

Re: LASU Graduates 8 First Class Out Of 17,695 by drhabeeb99: 7:11am On May 20, 2016
badaoyeyemi:
Greatest lasuite

GREAT

1 Like

Re: LASU Graduates 8 First Class Out Of 17,695 by Depreacherman(m): 7:12am On May 20, 2016
AmbodOfLASU:

Nice one! Please how much is the current school fee in Lasu? Indigenous and non Indigenous . Thanks
Re: LASU Graduates 8 First Class Out Of 17,695 by AKAKAK(m): 7:13am On May 20, 2016
If this is a private university, the news will read xyz university graduate 4,000 first class out of 17,000. Anyways check my signature to know how to shop once and earn daily.

1 Like

Re: LASU Graduates 8 First Class Out Of 17,695 by firstolalekan(m): 7:17am On May 20, 2016
LASU NA GLORIFIED SECONDARY SCHOOL

QUOTE ME ANYWHERE undecided

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

An Open Letter To Agbami Scholarship Board / Kogi State University Pume Results 2011/2012 / WTF Facts : Funny, Interesting And Weird Facts!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.