Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,439 members, 7,808,575 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:37 PM

An Apology For "Muslims Praying For Allah To Destroy Buhari's Government: Video" - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / An Apology For "Muslims Praying For Allah To Destroy Buhari's Government: Video" (8984 Views)

Senator Isah Misau Criticizes Buhari's Government (Video) / Boko Haram Killing 3 Spies Of Nigerian Government (Video By Sahara Reporters) / Prayers At Shekarau's House To Destroy Buhari's Government (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1)

An Apology For "Muslims Praying For Allah To Destroy Buhari's Government: Video" by lalasticlala(m): 9:23am On May 20, 2016
This is to apologize for this thread that was featured on home page https://www.nairaland.com/3110901/muslims-praying-allah-destroy-buharis#45707432 with a wrong title.

Watching the video, you would discover that there was an interpreter, the narrator. The title of the thread was based on what the interpreter was saying in English.

But I was later informed that the so called interpreter was wrong. Thus the title was wrong too.

My boss, Mr Osewa, brought my attention to
A Nairalander's comment, donphilopus, who had this to say about the title:

" the caption of this thread is false. Those peeps there are not angry Muslims but disgruntled elements hired by the ex-Governor of Kano State Shekarau to his house, to pray for his release.

I don't know why some peeps find it joyous to misinform the public."

My boss, Seun, told me to enquire further to ascertain if what Donphilopus said was correct. Based on his instruction, I had to enquire further by creating this thread https://www.nairaland.com/3112087/please-what-exactly-saying-video#45726429 to ask people about what they were actually saying in that video

Then I saw this comment by isbish:

"As a muslim, we use that prayer called Al-kunut and Ayat Kursiyu for God to alleviate sufferings. It's a way of calling on Allah to show mercy and guide His ummah (people) to the right path devoid of slanders and direct call of any sort for God to show His wrath on others. In essence, Allah's blessings is seeked vehimently through this prayer.

NOTE: what they are saying isn't what the narrator in the videos is saying that they are praying for the Govt of Buhari to be destroyed. However, they may have urged to pray for a politician maybe for Allah to intervene in the sufferring, persecution or fears of a person or a people. I can't translate all of it cos its long and detailed. Hope this helps."

I told Mr Osewa about my findings, he then instructed that I create this apology thread.

So based on that, I hereby apologize for the misinformation arising from the thread title.

Thanks.

79 Likes 18 Shares

(1)

States Likely To Be Won By LP,PDP,APC And NNPP Candidates / El-Rufai's Son Attacked As Banks Reject Old Notes In Kaduna (Pictures) / Another Bomb Blast In Maiduguri Today (12/7/11)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.