Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,523 members, 7,808,905 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:11 PM

Celebrities You Didn't Know Were From Edo State. - Celebrities (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Celebrities You Didn't Know Were From Edo State. (113139 Views)

Celebrities You Don't Know Were From Kwara State(pics) / Nigerian Celebrities You Never Knew Were From Kaduna State / Nigerian Celebrities You Didn’t Know Are From Royal Families (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Celebrities You Didn't Know Were From Edo State. by gebest: 10:41am On May 21, 2016
MrDoGood:

Calabar
u lie, she is from edo state, how can somebody be bearing edo as name u say she is not from edo state, dats not possible na, what about edokpolor
Re: Celebrities You Didn't Know Were From Edo State. by blessingdickson(f): 11:15am On May 21, 2016
kiss
Enahi:
Musician Djinee
aww! So my crush is from Edo,good to know
Re: Celebrities You Didn't Know Were From Edo State. by KINGinVAHALA: 11:28am On May 21, 2016
Moborlarh:

Fruity Events and Decoration.
We are Experts in all kinds of Decorations, Cakes, Beads, bridal makeup. Facebook.com/oriola.omobola.
Instagram @fruity_e_d
Not impressed.
Bye!
Re: Celebrities You Didn't Know Were From Edo State. by KINGinVAHALA: 11:31am On May 21, 2016
mhiz:
Bini
Hmmm, ovbialeke. How is your day going?
Re: Celebrities You Didn't Know Were From Edo State. by KINGinVAHALA: 11:33am On May 21, 2016
Chukazu:

Enahi lies...ask question or Google it
Where is he from?
Re: Celebrities You Didn't Know Were From Edo State. by IryNky: 12:22pm On May 21, 2016
So many celebrities yet no development in d state. What is d need. #ancientCity
Re: Celebrities You Didn't Know Were From Edo State. by Onezie(f): 12:30pm On May 21, 2016
kaboninc:

I fear una oh
Heheheh but y now undecided
Re: Celebrities You Didn't Know Were From Edo State. by kaboninc(m): 12:40pm On May 21, 2016
Onezie:
Heheheh but y now undecided

The thing too strong oh

Even my people wey dey here no dey gree go village...
Re: Celebrities You Didn't Know Were From Edo State. by Eseose9(f): 12:42pm On May 21, 2016
Enahi:

Oh ok now I understand, Edo girls ain't bad at all I tell you. Despite the wrong misconceptions about them they make good wives and support their husbands through good and bad times.
Once an Edo lady is Inlove with you she stays faithful to you for life.

Truth
Re: Celebrities You Didn't Know Were From Edo State. by MrDoGood(m): 12:49pm On May 21, 2016
gebest:
u lie, she is from edo state, how can somebody be bearing edo as name u say she is not from edo state, dats not possible na, what about edokpolor

can't argue, go and rea.

https://www.google.com.ng/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwi63dvCjOvMAhUeOsAKHbqZC_EQFgggMAE&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.naij.com%2Ftag%2Fini_edo.html&usg=AFQjCNHe-2kIdSd5-CrRi2PNeCbC_-zneA&sig2=Rkz1HiJEYj2LEEknq0xCiw
Re: Celebrities You Didn't Know Were From Edo State. by Onezie(f): 12:52pm On May 21, 2016
kaboninc:

The thing too strong oh

i am an edo girl but born and brought up in the north. Never travelled there b4 but yet i am proud of my state grin
kaboninc:

The thing too strong oh

i am an edo girl but born and brought up in the north. Never travelled there b4 but yet i am proud of my state

1 Like

Re: Celebrities You Didn't Know Were From Edo State. by Nobody: 12:56pm On May 21, 2016
[quote author=freemanbubble post=45826542][/quote]
Okay. But I think Edo women are less dependent on men than other tribes.

#myopinion

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Celebrities You Didn't Know Were From Edo State. by kaboninc(m): 12:59pm On May 21, 2016
Onezie:
i am an edo girl but born and brought up in the north. Never travelled there b4 but yet i am proud of my state grin

I talk am? You sef never reach your village before.

So name North you go do traditional wedding?
Re: Celebrities You Didn't Know Were From Edo State. by kaboninc(m): 1:02pm On May 21, 2016
Eseose9:

Truth

What of Edo guys?
Re: Celebrities You Didn't Know Were From Edo State. by Onezie(f): 1:06pm On May 21, 2016
kaboninc:

I talk am? You sef never reach your village before.

So name North you go do traditional wedding?
Only God knws best, let the time reach first
Re: Celebrities You Didn't Know Were From Edo State. by kaboninc(m): 1:14pm On May 21, 2016
Onezie:
Only God knws best, let the time reach first

Have you even sought from your parents on why they've not taken you to your roots?
Re: Celebrities You Didn't Know Were From Edo State. by Onezie(f): 1:55pm On May 21, 2016
kaboninc:

Have you even sought from your parents on why they've not taken you to your roots?
hahaha yes i did
Re: Celebrities You Didn't Know Were From Edo State. by Nobody: 2:10pm On May 21, 2016
kaboninc:

Don't tell me #Boosit
Where in Bini...
Uhunwonde LGA.
Re: Celebrities You Didn't Know Were From Edo State. by Nobody: 2:12pm On May 21, 2016
KINGinVAHALA:
Hmmm, ovbialeke. How is your day going?
Quite well, yours?
Re: Celebrities You Didn't Know Were From Edo State. by gebest: 2:33pm On May 21, 2016
MrDoGood:

can't argue, go and rea.

https://www.google.com.ng/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwi63dvCjOvMAhUeOsAKHbqZC_EQFgggMAE&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.naij.com%2Ftag%2Fini_edo.html&usg=AFQjCNHe-2kIdSd5-CrRi2PNeCbC_-zneA&sig2=Rkz1HiJEYj2LEEknq0xCiw
me am ready to argue that ini EDO is from EDO state u hear.
Re: Celebrities You Didn't Know Were From Edo State. by allaboutobed(m): 2:34pm On May 21, 2016
floragregs:
WE DONT CARE!!!
Watin na. must u say it
Re: Celebrities You Didn't Know Were From Edo State. by kwencypresh(f): 2:54pm On May 21, 2016
kaboninc:

What of Edo guys?
some of them are very lazy
Especially if they have relatives abroad
Re: Celebrities You Didn't Know Were From Edo State. by kwencypresh(f): 2:56pm On May 21, 2016
mhiz:
Uhunwonde LGA.
Am frm same LGA
Re: Celebrities You Didn't Know Were From Edo State. by kwencypresh(f): 2:58pm On May 21, 2016
mhiz:
Uhunwonde LGA.
Am frm same LGA
Re: Celebrities You Didn't Know Were From Edo State. by kaboninc(m): 2:59pm On May 21, 2016
Onezie:
hahaha yes i did
Maybe their reaction didn't urge you to demand that they take you there.

Well I see you're from Auchi. Not the main Bini sef
Re: Celebrities You Didn't Know Were From Edo State. by kaboninc(m): 3:01pm On May 21, 2016
kwencypresh:
Am frm same LGA

Of course you are!!!

Mere looking at you sef, I know you're from there. You all look alike sef

1 Like

Re: Celebrities You Didn't Know Were From Edo State. by kaboninc(m): 3:04pm On May 21, 2016
kwencypresh:

some of them are very lazy

Especially if they have relatives abroad

The two Edo men I've seen and one in particular are very hardworking and passed that trait to their kids.

However, despite your claim, you still prefer to be married to them.... undecided
Re: Celebrities You Didn't Know Were From Edo State. by kaboninc(m): 3:05pm On May 21, 2016
mhiz:

Uhunwonde LGA.

I see....

"My mama tell me say I be Bini"

Hmmmm
Re: Celebrities You Didn't Know Were From Edo State. by Nobody: 3:41pm On May 21, 2016
Ihuomadinihu:

How is it my business if your celebs rep other people's culture?
A while ago,many people thought that Sam Loco,Toyin and Mercy Aigbe were either Yoruba or Igbo because they 'Carry these cultures on their head as if they own it''
This is an observation that you should reflect on,it's not an avenue for you to diss me or my culture,you don't know me anyway.
But this is an avenue to let you know that your celebs rep other culture at the detriment of their own maybe because they have to yield to the dominating cultures and groups in Nigeria.
You should be more concerned that folks like Mercy and Toyin is more Yoruba than Edo and Sam Loco was more Igbo than Edo.
It doesn't show that they embrace anything,it only shows they are not doing enough to promote your culture.
When Igbo artist start reping yoruba or hausa profusely,we call them to order and ask them to rep more igbo for prosterity sake.
You should do same instead of looking for who to insult.

Abeg get your sorry a.ss out of my face. Go to all the pro-Igbo threads and stay there instead of making snide remarks about these people.
Re: Celebrities You Didn't Know Were From Edo State. by MrDoGood(m): 3:47pm On May 21, 2016
gebest:
me am ready to argue that ini EDO is from EDO state u hear.

Congratulations
Re: Celebrities You Didn't Know Were From Edo State. by Nobody: 3:51pm On May 21, 2016
Ihuomadinihu:

A lot or should i say 80percent of Igbo celebs that grew up outside igboland speak Hausa,Yoruba or some other language. But how do they manage to still retain their identity even after acting a yoruba movie or singing a yoruba song?
Because they know it is showbiz,after that they quickly drop yoruba and revert back to their Igbo culture.
A lot of Igbo celebs act Yoruba movies or sing yoruba lyrics like Psquare,Mike Ezuruonye, Zack Orji etc. That doesn't stop them from going all out to promote their culture. The fact is that your celebs have carried and promoted other cultures in such a way that people don't know they come from Edo.

That is an observation and it should be a cause for concern,look inwards and identify why these celebs lose their identity while promoting other cultures. There is nothing wrong with reping other cultures but learn from the Yorubas,Igbos,Hausas and Cross riverian groups.

So you're saying that Mercy Aigbe doesn't promote her Edo culture? Are you blind? Didn't you see the movie Osas? And also, look at Viktoh of YBNL and Blixxy D Raping from Uromi. Both of those guys have put Esan on the map with their indigenous rapping so to say that Edo entertainers don't embrace their Edo identity is hilarious to me. The biggest Edo movie director Lancelot Oduwa Imasuen has put Edo culture out there for the world to see with Invasion 1897 and Iyore. And oh, your Igbo Nollywood queen Rita Dominic was in Iyore too, should I say that she appropriated Benin/Edo culture? Like I said, go to pro-Igbo threads and get off Edo people's jock.

3 Likes

Re: Celebrities You Didn't Know Were From Edo State. by Chukazu: 3:54pm On May 21, 2016
Enahi:

Oh ok now I understand, Edo girls ain't bad at all I tell you. Despite the wrong misconceptions about them they make good wives and support their husbands through good and bad times.
Once an Edo lady is Inlove with you she stays faithful to you for life.

yea.. they are full of life, no dull moment with Edo girl

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

Omashola's AMVCA 2020 Skull Dress Against Coronavirus Got People Talking (photos / Leo Edochie: Yul Edochie Shows Off His First Elder Brother - Check Picture / Nneka Miriam Onwuzuligbo Dies During Buttocks Enlargement Surgery By Dr. Anu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.