Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,372 members, 7,808,298 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:02 AM

Tinubu, Aregbesola Meet With NLC Members In Abuja - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu, Aregbesola Meet With NLC Members In Abuja (27493 Views)

I Feel Sorry For Tinubu, Aregbesola Has Damaged Him – Olaitan / Akande, Ajimobi, Amosun And Aregbesola Meet Over APC Crisis / Ayuba Philibus Wabba Protests With NLC Members In Abuja - Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tinubu, Aregbesola Meet With NLC Members In Abuja by ebosie11(f): 4:25pm On May 20, 2016
Asiwaju Bola Ahmed, national leader of the All Progressives Congress, took the unusual step Friday of intervening in the Nigeria Labour Congress protest by visiting the NLC leaders right in their Labour House in Abuja, to appeal for an end to the strike.

Tinubu, accompanied by some officials of the APC and Governor Rauf Aregbesola, said he came on behalf of his party, the Buhari government to appeal to the labour leaders to end the strike and return to the negotiating table.

In a move designed clearly to massage the ego of the labour leaders, since the strike was largely ignored in many parts of Nigeria, Tinubu urged Labour to employ anger management in resolving the disagreement over the fuel price increase.

Tinubu explained the reason for the fuel price increase and said it was done in the best interest of Nigeria as it would allow investors to come into Nigeria to build refineries.

He contrasted the policy to the step taken by former President Goodluck Jonathan in 2012, when he set up SURE-P in 2012. The APC leader said what was sure of the SURE-P was corruption.

He said the Buhari administration would not follow the same path. He urged labour leaders to repose trust in the Buhari administration as it is one of integrity and honesty.

“This President is genuine. This decision was the only one left. Buhari has integrity and a character that is reliable”, Tinubu said.

Speaking further,he said....

“I cannot say we work from a distant, I cannot say I was  not a part of what is happening today. I can only say I noticed the communication gap".

"I cannot say you are the enemies of progress of the country, today we came in to appeal to you, and go back to history, we worked real hard to bringing  Nigeria on a progressive path".

“For me progressive governance is all we care about. 
“Mr. President, the former president, our senators are here only to make clear that you are not the enemy and you will never be the enemy of what is progressive".

“Why should we continue, problems after problem, conflict after conflict?”

“Without your support, without your participate we would not have won this election".

In a response, Ayuba thanked Tinubu for his intervention and promised to take the appeal to the affiliates of the NLC. He said the NLC was not opposed to negotiation with government.

Source: http://www.trezzyblog.com/2016/05/photos-from-bola-tinubus-meeting-with.html

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu, Aregbesola Meet With NLC Members In Abuja by ebosie11(f): 4:26pm On May 20, 2016
Nice move

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu, Aregbesola Meet With NLC Members In Abuja by TANTUMERGO007(m): 4:27pm On May 20, 2016
undecided

boooohari- president
osinbajo- vice-president
SARAKI- SENATE PRESIDENT
ATIKU- BUSINESS TYCOON/ELDER-STATESMAN
AMAECHI- MINISTER

tinubu- national leader of where/who, na who national leader don epp?

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tinubu, Aregbesola Meet With NLC Members In Abuja by Project400: 4:35pm On May 20, 2016
smiley smiley
Re: Tinubu, Aregbesola Meet With NLC Members In Abuja by phemmie06(m): 4:41pm On May 20, 2016
Has this turn to party affairs

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu, Aregbesola Meet With NLC Members In Abuja by thesonofman: 4:46pm On May 20, 2016
proof of the cohesiveness of the ruling party the APC which wailers will never be happy about.

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tinubu, Aregbesola Meet With NLC Members In Abuja by Israel5(m): 4:48pm On May 20, 2016
O God of creation, direct our noble course...

5 Likes

Re: Tinubu, Aregbesola Meet With NLC Members In Abuja by kulikuli26: 4:48pm On May 20, 2016
I can see Sen. Marafa. Tinubu faction of the senate well represented.

4 Likes

Re: Tinubu, Aregbesola Meet With NLC Members In Abuja by etebefia: 4:50pm On May 20, 2016
Is tinubu a government official? Where is the minister of labor and productivity, where is the minister of petroleum? What sort of proxy governance is this?
ArmedRobber:

Hypocrisy @ it's peak..

If una no see wailers go shout say dem don use and dump am..

Now he is on the news..u re asking foolish questiongrin
hypocrisy where and how? The greatest problem Africa has is leadership and followership problem, People lead any how without accountability and sense of responsibility and people follow any how without directon. I ask, in what capacity is tinubu meeting with the NLC? As the President or minister of labor or minister of petroleum, or what official position?

43 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu, Aregbesola Meet With NLC Members In Abuja by teekay213(m): 4:58pm On May 20, 2016
what position does tinubu hold in this country that gives him power to talk on behalf of the fed govt.what is the work of the ministers,sgf.smh for this country.he shouldn't be talking abt corruption when is the father.

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu, Aregbesola Meet With NLC Members In Abuja by Pidggin(f): 5:03pm On May 20, 2016
So National chairman of APC has now taken over the position of our President and ministers?

APC hahaha grin

18 Likes

Re: Tinubu, Aregbesola Meet With NLC Members In Abuja by Nobody: 5:06pm On May 20, 2016
Amazing session and intervention
Re: Tinubu, Aregbesola Meet With NLC Members In Abuja by compoundd: 5:11pm On May 20, 2016

[size=28pt]Nigerian dont want subsidy any more.. Tinubu is 419, Tinubu is the one who need subsidy.. He own oando oil. So his company want subsidy from the government. No nigerian have ever receive subsidy. except for tinubu and his friends.

Subsidy means, nigerian government is suppose to send Bank check of N145 per litre to each nigerian.
Meaning all of the 200 million people of nigeria. were suppose to be paid bank check of N145 per litre , sent to their houses.
But nigerian never got any check in their mail. Only tinubu and his friends were paid subsidy, how can you call that a subsidy. . No nigerian ever got paid. it is just a 419 scam by tinubu and his friends.

Nigerian are already paying the same price , they pay in new york for oil.. Nigeria should not peg the price any more. Let the people pay what ever price.. instead of given tinubu and his friends subsidy.

The price of a litre of petrol in new York is about N180 +-

So it does not make sense to peg the litre any more.

The issue workers want to hear is salary increase. There is a need to increase salary. To reduce suffering.

How many people use a car, less 1% of the population. You are making the poor suffer to make rich car owners Iive well, that does not look nice.

If you allow oil companies to determine the price. It is the best. You can't make 1% be happy to discomfort 99% .

What is the different between N180 and 145.

Let oil marketer determine the price.
While people salary should be double.

oil subsidy is about corruption. that why they are not protesting.. They dont want the government to peg the price of petrol any more. They just want the government to leave the business of regularity the oil industry. And take its hand of the business.
[/size]

4 Likes

Re: Tinubu, Aregbesola Meet With NLC Members In Abuja by VocalWalls: 5:26pm On May 20, 2016
So jagaban still dey hold meetings?
Interior Design In Nigeria
Re: Tinubu, Aregbesola Meet With NLC Members In Abuja by richidinho(m): 5:28pm On May 20, 2016
My people Sure-P is better than 1bn egg

22 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Tinubu, Aregbesola Meet With NLC Members In Abuja by ArmedRobber: 5:28pm On May 20, 2016
etebefia:
Is tinubu a government official? Where is the minister of labor and productivity, where is the minister of petroleum? What sort of proxy governance is this?

Hypocrisy @ it's peak..

If una no see wailers go shout say dem don use and dump am..

Now he is on the news..u re asking foolish questiongrin

9 Likes

Re: Tinubu, Aregbesola Meet With NLC Members In Abuja by Raph01: 5:28pm On May 20, 2016
grin grin at any rate, check ma signature
Re: Tinubu, Aregbesola Meet With NLC Members In Abuja by Generalyemi(m): 5:29pm On May 20, 2016
old men
Re: Tinubu, Aregbesola Meet With NLC Members In Abuja by wayne4loan: 5:30pm On May 20, 2016
Tinubu the eko mafia ... I know how these story ends.. tinubu will threaten these poor labour leaders, for the fear for their life and family members ,labour will call off the strike

1 Like

Re: Tinubu, Aregbesola Meet With NLC Members In Abuja by Nobody: 5:32pm On May 20, 2016
When will NLC fight for harmonisation of Federal and state civil servants' salaries?

Jokers!
Re: Tinubu, Aregbesola Meet With NLC Members In Abuja by shaddoww: 5:35pm On May 20, 2016
He knows wen to take advantage

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu, Aregbesola Meet With NLC Members In Abuja by DIFY20(f): 5:37pm On May 20, 2016
SEE tinubu lips osogbo weed don destroy his lips

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu, Aregbesola Meet With NLC Members In Abuja by feaworaoja007: 5:42pm On May 20, 2016
becos Saraki made a move, dts y Thiefnubuu and co want to follow suit to undermine the initiative that sarkaki took as a good leader by calling NLC members...Mschew! They shud gerraout! if they don't agree,the strike will hold and cripple them...mofos

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu, Aregbesola Meet With NLC Members In Abuja by Nobody: 5:42pm On May 20, 2016
Cool
Re: Tinubu, Aregbesola Meet With NLC Members In Abuja by heryor2(m): 5:43pm On May 20, 2016
who d strike don epp, abeg go negotiation table jor. :;
Re: Tinubu, Aregbesola Meet With NLC Members In Abuja by Nobody: 5:44pm On May 20, 2016
compoundd:

Nigerian dont want subsidy any more.. Tinubu is the one who need subsidy.. He own oando oil. So his company want subsidy from the government. No nigerian have ever receive subsidy. except for tinubu and his friends.

Subsidy means, every nigerian should receive check in his bank. No nigerian ever got paid. it is just a 419 scam by tinubu and his friends.

Nigerian are already paying the same price , they pay in new york for oil.. Nigeria should not peg the price any more. Let the people pay what ever price.. instead of given tinubu and his friends subsidy.

oil subsidy is about corruption. that why they are not protesting.. They dont want the government to peg the price of petrol any more. They just want the government to leave the busy of regularity the oil industry. And take its hand of the business.

I am sure you did not type all these rubbish except you are trying to say you are nuts. Tinubu owns Oando? To show you how senseless you comment is, I stopped reading at that place!! I will advise you go and pick your brain wherever it is kept

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu, Aregbesola Meet With NLC Members In Abuja by eitsei(m): 5:46pm On May 20, 2016
TANTUMERGO007:
undecided

boooohari- president
osinbajo- vice-president
SARAKI- SENATE PRESIDENT
ATIKU- BUSINESS TYCOON/ELDER-STATESMAN
AMAECHI- MINISTER

tinubu- national leader of where/who, na who national leader don epp?
I'm not sure you have anything else to do with your life other than attacking buhari and apc, I think that's what gives you joy continue!... The Lord is your strength

4 Likes

Re: Tinubu, Aregbesola Meet With NLC Members In Abuja by banme1(m): 5:48pm On May 20, 2016
Drug lord and native doctor what are they doing there.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu, Aregbesola Meet With NLC Members In Abuja by Bern1992(m): 5:53pm On May 20, 2016
No wonderrrrr Saraki is out of town cheesy

Quote me anywhere every politician in Nigeria is a thief.. angry

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu, Aregbesola Meet With NLC Members In Abuja by mencade5(m): 5:53pm On May 20, 2016
Fantastically corrupt country...Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Tinubu, Aregbesola Meet With NLC Members In Abuja by druboon404: 5:55pm On May 20, 2016
Those who are wailing that Chibock girl's kidnapp is a scam,should also agree that Enugu fulani herds men attack is also a big time scam.. Stop playing politics with human life.It could be you tomorrow..
In other news,Nnammdi Kanu was spotted behind Aishaa Buhari at the presidential villa..

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Buhari Hails Jonathan At AU Summit / Pirated Copies Of Jonathan’s 'My Transition Hours' Sold In Traffic / 2023: Tinubu To Miss Peace Pact Signing - Premium Times

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.