Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,821 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:17 AM

Iheanacho Named Deadliest Striker In EPL - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Iheanacho Named Deadliest Striker In EPL (36279 Views)

Chelsea FC Include "Want Away Striker" Diego Costa In EPL Squad For 2017/2018 / Kelechi Iheanacho Named The Most Lethal Striker To Have Ever Graced The EPL. / Iheanacho Named In Man City Squad For Champions League Tie With Steaua Bucharest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Iheanacho Named Deadliest Striker In EPL by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:39pm On May 20, 2016
Sorry Sir... But Mikel is very much still relevant. A legend at Chelsea and a Legend with Nigeria's Super Eagles.

One of the most decorated African stars of all time.

You can't take that from the lad.

reverendfather:
them done start to they bobo this boy head, na so dem do Mikel, o mikel this Mikel that, the perfect replacement for jay jay okocha.

the dude felt like he was on top of the world not realising he was gradually losing his footballing prowess.
what is Mikel today? people only talk about him today when they want to replace their faulty seatbelts

2 Likes

Re: Iheanacho Named Deadliest Striker In EPL by kenoz(m): 10:41pm On May 20, 2016
Nice one
Re: Iheanacho Named Deadliest Striker In EPL by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:55pm On May 20, 2016
Mikel is certainly one of the Africa's top 5 most decorated players of all time (in all of history).

The other four are KANU Nwankwo, Samuel Eto'o fils, Yaya Toure, and Didier Drogba.

If I expand the list to top 10 or top 12 the likes of Bruce Grobbelaar, Finidi George, George Weah, Seydou Keita and more come in.

But KANU still remains Nigeria's most decorated ever.... at least for now. Mikel comes in a very close second.

In Africa, Samuel Eto'o is most decorated followed by KANU Nwankwo. Mikel, Drogba, and Yaya make up that top 5 most decorated in Africa.

Jagabanthelion:
. Mikel is the most decorated Nigerian player in history hater.The trophies don't lie. The question U shd ask yourself is,did his 2005 fellow nigerian contemporaries achieve a fifth of his success? where is Taiwo,Chinedu Ogbuike n co today hater? U think Mikel would ever have been better than Messi? Mikel has won trophies Arsene wenger n d entire Arsenal team has never won,won trophies d almighty Zlatan Ibrahimovic,Rooney and Gerard never won.Even Yaya Toure hasn't won all Mikel has won. I can go on and on. Show some respect to the legend hater. Hating won't take u anywhere.

2 Likes

Re: Iheanacho Named Deadliest Striker In EPL by xtgozie(m): 10:56pm On May 20, 2016
Sunnah1:

How e take be your cousin?

Please o!
I'm aware of kidnappers...
Re: Iheanacho Named Deadliest Striker In EPL by Spanner4(m): 10:57pm On May 20, 2016
Thank God he strikes in the field, I mean Iheanocho not one lazy and slow player who passes the ball backwards and can't strike in the field but was able to score a brace in the net of a billionaire daughter
Re: Iheanacho Named Deadliest Striker In EPL by ladyF(f): 11:00pm On May 20, 2016
Femich18:

Ehen ehen.. Xo u sef dey talk football...Anyway wetin be that "F" biko
lol you don't know? Na LadyF9 grin
Re: Iheanacho Named Deadliest Striker In EPL by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:03pm On May 20, 2016
That lazy and slow player was the central reason Nigeria conquered Africa at AFCON 2013.

Spanner4:
Thank God he strikes in the field, I mean Iheanocho not one lazy and slow player who passes the ball backwards and can't strike in the field but was able to score a brace in the net of a billionaire daughter

3 Likes

Re: Iheanacho Named Deadliest Striker In EPL by Femich18(m): 11:07pm On May 20, 2016
ladyF:
lol you don't know? Na LadyF9 grin
Lol F9= Failure...Are you related to that Ineffectual baboon
Re: Iheanacho Named Deadliest Striker In EPL by Spanner4(m): 11:09pm On May 20, 2016
TheSuperNerd:

That lazy and slow player was the central reason Nigeria conquered Africa at AFCON 2013.

My Brother football nowadays needs pace, but he is far frm it
Re: Iheanacho Named Deadliest Striker In EPL by kechywillz(m): 11:18pm On May 20, 2016
More goals to ur legs boy
Re: Iheanacho Named Deadliest Striker In EPL by netmillionaires(m): 11:21pm On May 20, 2016
Spanner4:

not hating here o. But d truth b say Mikel is not d central reason Nigeria won the AFCON. who said Mikel is the central reason Nigeria won the CAF! No! No!!... Nigeria won the CAF because a lot of Nigerian players were at their best during the period. How many people watch Moses and Emenike play before and during the Cup of Nations? Don't tell me Mikel is the best Nigerian player during the AFCON...
Re: Iheanacho Named Deadliest Striker In EPL by Dolakinz(m): 11:27pm On May 20, 2016
good evenings guys... Pls I need your help..My uncle in USA wants to know my suit and shoe sizes.. Pls I don't know aw to convert it to usa size..My naija size is SUIT: 44... SHOE:: 45.. Pls help me
Re: Iheanacho Named Deadliest Striker In EPL by Spanner4(m): 11:28pm On May 20, 2016
netmillionaires:

not hating here o. But d truth b say Mikel is not d central reason Nigeria won the AFCON. who said Mikel is the central reason Nigeria won the CAF! No! No!!... Nigeria won the CAF because a lot of Nigerian players were at their best during the period. How many people watch Moses and Emenike play before and during the Cup of Nations? Don't tell me Mikel is the best Nigerian player during the AFCON...

U tok truth walai

1 Like

Re: Iheanacho Named Deadliest Striker In EPL by hennesseykrane(m): 11:34pm On May 20, 2016
iLegend:
That's why some of his team mates don't celebrate his goals sometimes. Jealousy dey dance azonto.

The new sheriff in town.

Keep it up!

Wish you success as you progress to the top.
sheriff hood ihenacho cheesy banshee making sense
Re: Iheanacho Named Deadliest Striker In EPL by goodheart02(m): 11:40pm On May 20, 2016
blueto:
No, and I am not his epigone. I am a lexical connoisseur and erudite by God's Grace smiley .

True true you be Hon. Patrick.
Re: Iheanacho Named Deadliest Striker In EPL by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:42pm On May 20, 2016
2013 was part of the "nowadays" period and Mikel's "slow and lazy" style Excelled!!!!

Mikel had the highest assists at Afcon 2013 with 4 assists in 6 games. He assisted Emenike 3 times.

Emenike owes his top scorer award at AFCON 2013 to Mikel. Yet Mikel is slow and lazy according to you.

Mikel played in all Four FA cup finals with Chelsea and won all.

Mikel's slow and lazy style frustrated Bayern Munich in the 2012 UCL final and barca in the semis.

Mikel was the midfield linchpin in both victories. Yet he is slow and lazy.

Mikel's positional discipline in the dmf role is what stands him out. And he is also a very efficient Central midfielder with good passing rates. (many will say he passes backwards.... who doesn't pass backwards??!!!).

When Mikel ventures forward, no one sees that. When he notches an assist no one sees that. But when he passes backwards, y'all scream and call him useless.... yet every coach (except Andre villas boas who didn't last) at Chelsea have never found Mikel wanting.

Mourinho used him in his first spell between 2006 and 2011. Mourinho's second spell ended in a disaster because he was benching and demoralizing his best and trusted players like Hazard and Mikel.

Felipe Scolari used him.

Carlo Ancelloti used him.

Guys Hiddink used him (first spell in 2008-2009 again in second spell in 2015/2016).

Roberto di Matteo who won Chelsea the UCL also used him.

So tell me, all these top coaches who used him, you know more than they do ba??!!!

Spanner4:

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Iheanacho Named Deadliest Striker In EPL by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:44pm On May 20, 2016
Continue lying to yourself because of bias.

I wonder how many goals Emenike would have scored without Mikel's assists or how Moses would have roamed like he did without Mikel's midfield coordination.

You guys don't know how to handle the truth.

netmillionaires:

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Iheanacho Named Deadliest Striker In EPL by netmillionaires(m): 11:53pm On May 20, 2016
TheSuperNerd:
Continue lying to yourself because of bias.

I wonder how many goals Emenike would have scored without Mikel's assists or how Moses would have roamed like he did without Mikel's midfield coordination.

You guys don't know how to handle the truth.

bro I no fit argue... Go watch the CAF matches again and see for yourself... Mikel coordinate the midfield and also provide assists? Go watch the maches again... Go check Moses and Emenike contribution to their club before the AFCON and compare it to Mikel's contribution to Chelsea during the same period sef. I was a fan of Mikel during his transfer period from Lyn Oslo. But now? No way... Don't mistake decorations with contribution, effectiveness and efficiency. Even if he assist and d strikers refuse to score, of what use is the assist... There is nothing special about Mikel.
Re: Iheanacho Named Deadliest Striker In EPL by yunglivochi(m): 11:53pm On May 20, 2016
Lordave:
That's my boy.

20 goals for you next season.

Hope Guardiola doesn't waste a talent like he did to one certain World Cup winner.

dt shld b MARIO GOTZE

1 Like

Re: Iheanacho Named Deadliest Striker In EPL by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:05am On May 21, 2016
Now you've stated your reason for disliking Mikel. thanks. You were once a fan but not anymore. It's expected a non-fan will say what you said... grin

Questionnaire:

Who assisted Emenike's goal against Zambia?

Who gave the beautiful overhead through pass that found ideye who side-tapped with his ankle to Emenike for his goal against Burkina Faso in our very first game at AFCON 2013?

Who rolled the ball into a fine position for Emenike's hit against Ivory coast?

Who released Victor moses on one of his surging runs that saw him get two penalties against Ethiopia?

Who again set up Emenike's strike from a freekick against Mali?

Who bossed the midfield against the deadly ivoriens?

Who set up Musa's only goal at AFCON 2013?

WHO who who??!!!!!!!!

It's you who need to go watch those games Sir. And when you do you will find that all these questions have one answer. You're welcome grin

netmillionaires:

bro I no fit argue... Go watch the CAF matches again and see for yourself... Mikel coordinate the midfield and also provide assists? Go watch the maches again... Go check Moses and Emenike contribution to their club before the AFCON and compare it to Mikel's contribution to Chelsea during the same period sef. I was a fan of Mikel during his transfer period from Lyn Oslo. But now? No way... Don't mistake decorations with contribution, effectiveness and efficiency.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Iheanacho Named Deadliest Striker In EPL by WINTRADER777: 12:10am On May 21, 2016
blueto:
No, and I am not his epigone. I am a lexical connoisseur and erudite by God's Grace smiley .
Oga,may God help you o......
Re: Iheanacho Named Deadliest Striker In EPL by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:11am On May 21, 2016
Nothing special huh??

tell that to Carlo ancelloti and even Guus hiddink. tell it to scolari and even Alex Ferguson who begged for mikel's signature.

These are are big men of the game so sorry, your opinion is irrelevant where these men stand.

Ancelloti have won five champions leagues as coach and player and is one of the most elite coaches today. He says Mikel was central to his play during his time at Chelsea.

With Mikel central to his plans, ancelloti won the double with Chelsea. Now same ancelloti is at Bayern after winning LA decima with Madrid.

So who are you?? who are you to rate Mikel?

drop your bias and quit the subtle hate. Not good on you.

netmillionaires:

bro I no fit argue... Go watch the CAF matches again and see for yourself... Mikel coordinate the midfield and also provide assists? Go watch the maches again... Go check Moses and Emenike contribution to their club before the AFCON and compare it to Mikel's contribution to Chelsea during the same period sef. I was a fan of Mikel during his transfer period from Lyn Oslo. But now? No way... Don't mistake decorations with contribution, effectiveness and efficiency. Even if he assist and d strikers refuse to score, of what use is the assist... There is nothing special about Mikel.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Iheanacho Named Deadliest Striker In EPL by klassicview: 12:23am On May 21, 2016
Nwa Biafra
Re: Iheanacho Named Deadliest Striker In EPL by daveP(m): 12:31am On May 21, 2016
TheSuperNerd:

Now you've stated your reason for disliking Mikel. thanks. You were once a fan but not anymore. It's expected a non-fan will say what you said... grin

Questionnaire:

Who assisted Emenike's goal against Zambia?

Who gave the beautiful overhead through pass that found ideye who side-tapped with his ankle to Emenike?

Who rolled the ball into a fine position for Emenike's hit against Ivory coast?

Who released Victor moses on one of his surging runs that saw him get two penalties against Ethiopia?

Who again set up Emenike's strike from a freekick against Mali?

Who bossed the midfield against the deadly ivoriens?

Who set up Musa's only goal at AFCON 2013?

WHO who who??!!!!!!!!

It's you who need to go watch those games Sir. And when you do you will find that all these questions have one answer. You're welcome grin

Who frustrated winfred Bony's last mins strike in the box that would have. paused the Super Eagles victory over the ivoriens?

Modified.

don't bother debating with them. il choose stats over sentiments anyday. meet someone who does and you'd have met a sane nig football fan.

3 Likes

Re: Iheanacho Named Deadliest Striker In EPL by freshdude99(m): 12:51am On May 21, 2016
Vanquay:
Deadliest striker in Europe yet some Motherfuckers_ will be masturbating that LA Liga is best in the world.

LA liga without south Americans is utter thrash and Spain is attractive because of language barrier bitter truth
What nonsense is this one saying
Re: Iheanacho Named Deadliest Striker In EPL by Stanleywaxy(m): 1:10am On May 21, 2016
Best Striker ke ! AGÜERO is by far the best premier league player and striker !
Re: Iheanacho Named Deadliest Striker In EPL by Gebbson007(m): 1:47am On May 21, 2016
Lordave:
That's my boy.

20 goals for you next season.

Hope Guardiola doesn't waste a talent like he did to one certain World Cup winner.

u shud no pep e doesnt waste talent Lyk sm coach eg x Chelsea boss.abeg I ni mention name oooo
Re: Iheanacho Named Deadliest Striker In EPL by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:53am On May 21, 2016
It's "deadliest" Sir.... not "best".

The stats look at ratio of goals per mins (or goals-minutes ratio).

In 752 minutes of EPL action, Nacho scored 8 goals and had 2 or 3 assists. That gives him the 93.88 min for every goal scored you see in the OP's post on the first page (page zero).

Aguero played well over 2000 mins and scored 24 goals.

His ratio is one goal every 98.88 mins while Nacho's is one goal every 93.88 mins.

Now that's lethal.

If you calculate the best goals-mins ratio in Europe for all competitions, Nacho will be ranked in the top 3 deadliest in Europe behind only Luis Suarez and maybe C.Ronaldo.

At a point this season, Nacho's goal rate in Europe (adding EPL, FA cup, League cup, and UCL) was the best just before the real Madrid UCL semis List leg for man city.

So it's not about the best but the deadliest... th comprends? #smiles wink

Aguero is still the boss in the EPL on an overall level.

But Iheanacho's clinical instincts is just top notch and he can only get better and better (he scored 8 in the EPL alone but in all competitions he scored 14 goals and had 5 assists. Some sites say 7 or 9 assists sef).

Aguero the best... The likes of Kane, Vardy and also Mahrez are up there in the EPL. But the deadliest right now for based on 2015/2016 season is Iheanacho.

Stanleywaxy:
Best Striker ke ! AGÜERO is by far the best premier league player and striker !

2 Likes

Re: Iheanacho Named Deadliest Striker In EPL by Gebbson007(m): 1:57am On May 21, 2016
Vanquay:
Deadliest striker in Europe yet some Motherfuckers_ will be masturbating that LA Liga is best in the world.

LA liga without south Americans is utter thrash and Spain is attractive because of language barrier bitter truth

bros Wt r u saying self,r u sure u re here Wif Ur brain ¿.I gat 3 guestions fr u den I drop pen.

which league is sevilla in¿
which league is Madrid n atm in¿
which league is d d world best player in?¿
el' classico is the most watched match

al d top guns in elp r Nt ashamed f Dem selves imagine lecister city champion f England m sure dey wunt survive d UCL group stage self.
Re: Iheanacho Named Deadliest Striker In EPL by reachycul(m): 1:58am On May 21, 2016
The boy is gud,he just need more opportunity 2 show his talent
Re: Iheanacho Named Deadliest Striker In EPL by Gebbson007(m): 2:04am On May 21, 2016
TheSuperNerd:

It's "deadliest" Sir.... not "best".

The stats look at ratio of goals per mins (or goals-minutes ratio).

In 752 minutes of EPL action, Nacho scored 8 goals and had 2 or 3 assists. That gives him the 93.88 min for every goal scored you see in the OP's post on the first page (page zero).

Aguero played well over 2000 mins and scored 24 goals.

His ratio is one goal every 98.88 mins while Nacho's is one goal every 93.88 mins.

Now that's lethal.

If you calculate the best goals-mins ratio in Europe for all competitions, Nacho will be ranked in the top 3 deadliest in Europe behind only Luis Suarez and maybe C.Ronaldo.

At a point this season, Nacho's goal rate in Europe (adding EPL, FA cup, League cup, and UCL) was the best just before the real Madrid UCL semis List leg for man city.

So it's not about the best but the deadliest... th comprends? #smiles wink

Aguero is still the boss in the EPL on an overall level.

But Iheanacho's clinical instincts is just top notch and he can only get better and better.

sir nacho CNT make no 3 in Europe may b EPL

we gat deadly players

aguero

lewy

messi

cr7

Suarez

ibrahimovic

neymar

benzema

bale n so on
Re: Iheanacho Named Deadliest Striker In EPL by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:11am On May 21, 2016
It's not about names Sir.

it's about the stats for 2015/2016 for all competitions.

Nacho was topping all the names you mentioned just hours to his club's semifinal tie with real Madrid in the UCL.

It was all over news sites in Europe.

Here's one as at April 25, 2016:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3558073/Kelechi-Iheanacho-better-minute-goal-ratio-Cristiano-Ronaldo-Lionel-Messi-Luis-Suarez-Manchester-City-forward-Europe-s-deadliest-player.html

Nacho will be in the top 3 deadliest based on goals/mins ratio or at the very worst in the top 5 in Europe.

Already we can see he is no.1 deadliest in England for EPL.

Imagine adding the FA cup and league cup stats to the equation.

**Note: The stats for the best goals/mins ratio will be based on players who have scored 10 goals or more in all competitions across Europe relative to their game time.

Gebbson007:

sir nacho CNT make no 3 in Europe may b EPL

we gat deadly players

aguero

lewy

messi

cr7

Suarez

ibrahimovic

neymar

benzema

bale n so on

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Why I Dumped Nigeria For Qatar — Asia’s Fastest Man, Ogunode / Anthony Nwakaeme: Nigerian Player Giving Paralysed European Hope To Keep Living / Denmark Vs Finland Game Suspended As Medics Confirm Eriksen Is Stable

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.